• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture Lighting

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
Question for an amateur modder:
Say there's a skin with a texture that appears perfectly fine in the menu portraits, but in game there's a noticeable "gloss" (I know there's a different term for it but I am bad) on the textures. For example, Nanobud's PED Suit Samus from Metroid Prime 3 has this gloss, and I am trying to remove it using brawlbox without corrupting the file. Any advice?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmWbcurqBns

Attachments

Windhunter7

Smash Apprentice
Easy:

1) Export a material that uses one texture reference(e.g. Link's materials that his body uses)
2) In BrawlBox 0.71, Replace the material(s) that you want to remove the gloss effect from with this material
3) Rename the texture reference to the name of the corresponding texture

Last edited:

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
so in other words, it doesnt matter which texture i export OR from which character, just as long as it's a similar "spec" style texture?

the only reason i ask is due to the PED suit containing multiple spec textures within the one file

Last edited:

Windhunter7

Smash Apprentice
More or less correct; the difference would be, if you wanted to replace it with another material that also has a spec or ref texture(Or textures), it would just have more texture references attached to the material

Top Bottom