• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tethu Fights for the Oasis! (Tethu for Smash Bros. Switch)

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133

Tethu is a Child of the Great Tree. Early in the game their older brother, the chief of his own Oasis, is wiped out by Chaos, shipping Tethu to the closest Water Spirit Esna. Together, Tethu and Esna decide to create an Oasis of their own and use their combined power to destroy Chaos once and for all.

Why Tethu could fit in Smash Bros.:
Tethu could fit in Smash Bros. because of how he is a skilled fighter, even though he can also use magic as well. He'd be a combination between Robin, Villager, and Link/Toon Link.

Tethu also has another swap for alternate costumes (also voice change) with the female version named Tethi.

Symbol:

Videos:

Demonstration:

Soundtrack:

Victory Jingle:

ryuu seika
jamesster445
Aussie the Naturist
Organization XIII
Yomi's Biggest Fan
VGamer01
SirCamp
Smash Puffle
SEGAGameBoy
chocolatejr9

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
This is something that nobody's really expecting. It is new. It is cool. Why this is not being hyped?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This is something that nobody's really expecting. It is new. It is cool. Why this is not being hyped?
Sadly because Nintendo hardly marketed the game and it bombed just like Codename Steam did.

Shame, I quite liked the game's cute style.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Can someone tell how good/bad this game did on sales?
On metacritic it did get a 76 score and 7.9 on user scores

Edit: It solds around 0.21 millions

ouch

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Can someone tell how good/bad this game did on sales?
On metacritic it did get a 76 score and 7.9 on user scores
As much as I hate to use the inaccuraty of VGChartz's data, but it sold 0.21 million total.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/118933/ever-oasis/

Even if we were to not use that, it didn't chart too high during it's first debut, for example being Number 4 in Japan's Media Charts one month only to disappear off the list after that. Not to mention only a small amount of people talked about or owned Ever Oasis compared to something like Rhythm Heaven or Style Savvy. Now comparing it to Nintendogs would be TOO unfair since that game was a megahit.

Though yeah, Ever Oasis didn't make much of a splash last year.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Still, if Sakurai decided the roster around 2016, there is a chance that he looked at this game in development process right? Because nobody would expect how that game would sell at the time...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Still, if Sakurai decided the roster around 2016, there is a chance that he looked at this game in development process right? Because nobody would expect how that game would sell at the time...
Only time will tell. And if Sakurai sees potential in him, it could help renew interest in the game.

Or he could just make him a trophy. I should get Ever Oasis one of these days.

D

Deleted member

I doubt he would be a fighter(even though i personally would love it) i do however, believe that the game will have ATLEAST a stage or an assist trophy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
D

Deleted member

Tomorrow is Tethu/Tethi day in the Rate your chances thread! Give him as muvh love as you can(even if he had low chances)

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I love the idea of this game, but when I downloaded the game's demo it just felt clunky. I'm not even sure what it was, but it just didn't draw me in. I think the IP has promise though if they decide to refine it and give it one more go. I could definitely see an Ever series of games being Nintendo's sort of answer to Rune Factory. But maybe I'm just hyping myself up over something that'll never happen now. lol Especially since it apparently didn't perform well.

But if Tethu did get into smash, perhaps even just as an assist trophy, that might help? I dunno. I certainly think this series deserves a second look though, even if the first entry was a misstep.

And Tethu would definitely make for an interesting character. I'm not gonna say he is high on my desired character list (like I said I didn't actually play the game past the demo), but I certainly wouldn't be mad at his inclusion either. Could be interesting and I'm always happy to see new IPs being repped in Smash.

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
I remember one time last summer when my father, who I was working a summer job for, enlisted me to be a chauffeur of sorts for a coworker, who needed to go to a few places around town. And we were listening to my town's Christian radio station, who broadcast "Focus On The Family" video game reviews, as well as other reviews for things like movies and TV shows. And coincidentally, Ever Oasis was the game that they were reviewing that day. The reviewer said that the game had good values, and subsequently gave the game a fairly high score. I was extremely happy when I heard the game's score, and I reacted in a way where my coworker, who was from another country, noticed it and inquired. And I was able to tell her that, not only do I like video games, but that I also like it when video games have good values of morality and friendship and things like that.

Good values; that's really one of the key reasons why I like Nintendo more than others, especially in this time period. There's a lot of games out there, and a lot of them are dark, cynical, or absurd in a crude sort of way, but Nintendo continues to be an example of how to make an inspiring game that embrace goodness. It says a lot when, after 15 years of gaming, most of the video-game-inspired Christian analogies/parables that I think of are based on games that are, at the very least, published by Nintendo.

It's a shame that Ever Oasis wasn't a big success, but I'm still glad that Nintendo was willing to give Greezo a chance. I'm sure that, if Ever Oasis was released closer to the heyday of the 3DS, it might've had a better chance; whether or not Nintendo took the sales at face value or evaluated the market in which it was released is something we might not ever know, and maybe they did both. But, hopefully, Nintendo continues to favor good morals in games such as this.

:171:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I never got around to buying Ever Oasis despite it looking pretty neat and original, so I’d be glad to see this little guy get in. Out of curiosity, to the people that did play his game: what can he do? What would be the potential for Tethu in a fighting game?

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity, to the people that did play his game: what can he do? What would be the potential for Tethu in a fighting game?
Tethu primarily uses a sword and wind magic for his attacks - sword is used about how you'd expect! He can slash, jump around and dodge attacks with rolls, and etc. His wind magic sends out a small vortex, which could be used for knocking away opponents like a smaller Ore Club?

The main mechanic of the dungeons in Ever Oasis was that you'd bring along residents of your oasis to help you out, since you need specific abilities to solve puzzles. Because of this, Tethu himself can't utilize too many abilities, as he only uses the sword and wind magic. So I think if he were to join Smash, they might choose to give him a few abilities that the other characters have for more diversity, or they might make his wind magic more dynamic!

As for him appearing in Smash - I didn't love Ever Oasis, so I can't say he's someone I really want, but I'm not against the inclusion either. Good luck! :)

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
What kind of wind magic can Tethu use?
He can shoot out a small vortex that’s usually used for puzzle solving and cleaning up the oasis. It can also be used on enemies! That’s all he does with it.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I know this page is a bit... inactive, but is it too late to add me as a supporter? I've played the game and have had a desire to see some form of representation ever since.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Man another inactive thread I am jumping into.

I think Tethu/Tethi would make a good choice for smash. The company, Greezo, has been a second party company basically for nintendo since it was founded, and has made multiple zelda games for them. I think they deserve a shot. Plus, the CEO made the original Mana series, and ever Oasis is a spiritual successor to Mana, so I think this would be a great way to honor the creator of the mana series as well

sign me up

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I remember seeing a fake leak way back when claiming Ever Oasis would be getting a Switch port. Granted, that was FOREVER ago and since proven false. That being said, if it DID get ported, would you want anything in particular from it, be it new content and such?

Top Bottom