• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing Priority

Satonakas

Smash Cadet
NNID
itsiantime
3DS FC
1693-3665-7953
While practice mode isn't perfect I have found tricks here in there that has helped me, but I never have found how people figure out priority. I think the simplest way is having someone else play with you but I don't always have that option, so if anyone has ideas that'd be great!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Depends on what you mean by priority.

If you're referring to disjoint, Bob-ombs and Gooey Bombs are useful for testing purposes. Hit a bomb, and if you don't get hit by the explosion you outdisjoint it. Bob-omb explosions are smaller than Gooey Bomb explosions, exact hitbox sizes are 8/13 (actual disjoint more like 5~6/10~11 since it's centered on them) if that's information that's useful to you.

If you're referring to clanking behavior, it's much easier to just look that up imo, though the places to get that information probably aren't the most accessible for the average person (looking at game code or checking sixriver, which is in Japanese)

Satonakas

Smash Cadet
NNID
itsiantime
3DS FC
1693-3665-7953
Depends on what you mean by priority.

If you're referring to disjoint, Bob-ombs and Gooey Bombs are useful for testing purposes. Hit a bomb, and if you don't get hit by the explosion you outdisjoint it. Bob-omb explosions are smaller than Gooey Bomb explosions, exact hitbox sizes are 8/13 (actual disjoint more like 5~6/10~11 since it's centered on them) if that's information that's useful to you.

If you're referring to clanking behavior, it's much easier to just look that up imo, though the places to get that information probably aren't the most accessible for the average person (looking at game code or checking sixriver, which is in Japanese)
Ahh well I didn't really specify did I? Well I meant testing what moves beat others like a certain forward air beating a jab or something. I might have the terminology wrong, but this is one of the few things I don't know how to try out (other than just playing of course)

Megamang

Smash Lord
Check out esams video on priority. YouTube channel is imESAM. Pretty simple rules control it all.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Ahh well I didn't really specify did I? Well I meant testing what moves beat others like a certain forward air beating a jab or something. I might have the terminology wrong, but this is one of the few things I don't know how to try out (other than just playing of course)
That kind of priority doesn't exist in this game.
It all is a combination of spacing, disjoint, invincible frames or bones, transcendence or simply hitting before a hitbox comes out.
That's more or less what ESAM explains in the video mentioned above.
:196:

Top Bottom