• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might X!! Amherst , Ohio 12/11/10 - NOT CANCELED! VENUE FOUND!

solecalibur

Smash Master

NEW VENUE INFO IGNORE OTHER INFORMATION
My venue is good lemme grab the address

Venue Name: All American Cards & Comics
Address: 161 W Market St
Warren, Ohio, United States
Notes: Some parking will be available at the venue , but otherwise parking will be available nearby. The parking deck will be open again, and is quite visible from the store as it is near the burger king, but if anyone needs help with that just let me know and either myself or someone else helping will get back to you ASAP.

EVERYONE MY VENUE IS A GO $5 VENUE FEE and both brawl and melee i will be running the melee side and whoever was gonna run the brawl will still be running that side so tell everyone this **** is ONNNNNN
-TL;DR
$5 venue
New address
Housing friday and saturday
MELEE BRAWL
SAME TIME SCHEDULE

"Apartment" Where people that are staying the night are

Pool , Over 100 feet long and can be up to 9 feet deep (from 3 to 9 with diving board)

Where the main tounry takes place , bar will have TVs attached to and we probly will need some power cords for this

The 2nd room we will use in case the basement gets to crowded (should hold at least 10 setups if not more)

3rd room if we some how hit a 100 person cap , but other then that anyone can use it for any other purpose

4th room if we hit a 50 person cap , if not we can use it for its actual purpose

(Pool/Hottub Time Machine WILL be open getting other images of my house/venue soon but this place is freaken huge im putting a cap on 100 ppl not because we cant hold it but because my parents wouldn't like that)

Venue :
$3 - Free if one TV and Wii is brought PER CAR

Amherst , OH , 44001

Date and Schedule

Sign ups for Brawl singles will be both during Brawl Doubles registration and again after Brawl Doubles is over. Melee Singles signups will most likely be near the end of Brawl Singles

10:00 A.M. Doors Open at 10:00 A.M.
(if you are bringing set ups please arrive around this time)
11:00 A.M. Brawl Doubles Registration starts
12:00 P.M. Brawl Doubles PROMPTLY at 12:00 P.M.
3:00 P.M. 30 minute break
3:30 P.M. Brawl Singles
7:30 P.M. Melee Singles & Friendlies

HOUSING

For now I will have free housing at the venue/myhouse and I can hold up to 20 ppl but do keep in mind the floor has your name on it but with 5 showers it shouldnt be a problem getting a shower in the morning just bring soap n all that

Price

$3 : Venue (Waived if you have one set up PER car)
$10 : Brawl Singles
$10 : Brawl Doubles ($10 per team)
$10 : Melee Singles

Prizes :

Singles Payout
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Doubles and Melee Payout
1st: 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

PAID IN CASH ON THE SPOT

**TYM X might be giving prizes since it is 10 after all , have to discuss with ITT about this

Brawl Rules :

* 3 Stock Double Elimination

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Bring your own controller

* All matches prior to Winners' and Losers' Finals are best of 3. Winners', Losers', and Grand Finals are best of 5

* The Stage Strike system will be used and explained for the first match of all sets, then after procedure is loser stage pick, winner character choice, loser character choice.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* Nope's No BS Rule : If your TV setup is a recording setup you still MUST play on this setup

* If a game ends with Bowser/Ganon/etc doing his suicide and the game ends in a sudden death the match will be quit out and set to 4 minutes 1 stock to decide who wins , The Results screen will decide if one will lose or win.

*Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab. Dedede standard chain grab is fine.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

* Stalling is banned. Any legal infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

* I am NOT to be held liable for your horsing around, if someone is injured or there is some form of altercation I am not responsible for either party.

* Drugs and Alcohol are prohibited.

Additional Rules for Double's

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Stage list

Starters :

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Banned :
Everything else (this includes custom stages)

Melee Rules

NOTE: STAGE LIST IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

Melee Rules and Format:

* 4 Stock Double Elimination.

* Sets best of 3 until final which is best of 5.

* Items off.

* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.

* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.

* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked.

* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)

* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)

* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.

* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.

* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.

AIB
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10623

Attendence
1. Solecalibur
2. Crum
3. Shugo
4. Lokii
5. Denzi
6. Thekiest
7. slartibartfast42 (melee?)
8. DTR (melee)
9. ITT
10. BYAHH
11. Links24
12. ReverendGadgetBoy (Melee)
13. God voice (melee)
14. Auspher
15. Rikku
16. Alus
17. Jiffy
18. Blue Rogue
19. Today
20. COHEED AND CAMBRIA
21. Bead
22. Sago
23. Y.b.M.
24. e__
25. FlipX (melee)
26. Cerviche (Melee)
27. slartibartfast42 (melee)
28. 4% (melee)
29. Frenchmen
30. Tewx2 (?)
31. D. Disciple (?)
32. ReverendGadgetBoy (melee)
33. MaTTshield
34. PsychoPenguin
35. Skyson
36. Soap (melee)
37. Takieddine
38. Carroll
39. Dippndots (melee)
40. C-bus Melee
41. C-bus melee
42. C-bus melee
43. c-bus melee
44. c-bus melee
45. Fonz
46. fromundaman

Maybe/Most likely no :
Quivo
Juu
Nope
Wakka
Sil
Champ
Capem
KassandraNova
Clowsui
Altrox <3
SDK Ryo
AgentJGV
Suyon

Brawl/Melee Singles/Doubles Points : Coming soon

(need next post in case)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
This shall be epic, obviously. Add me as a maybe. And Gender Offender as a maybe also.

PS Shugo post in the NEOH thread. XD

solecalibur

Smash Master
No Norfair as of now , stage list is subject to change but Im trying to keep the stage list simple as possible might actually take out a stage or two

mers

Smash Ace
Definitely coming to this. Anything I need to do to sign up or reserve a slot in advance?

I play Melee if that helps.

EDIT: I also don't need housing, I go to Oberlin which is a short bike ride away from Amherst.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Don't change the date!!! I have this weekend off of work.

clowsui, everyone knows you won't make it to this. Even Keist knows and he's not even NEOH.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Dude I've Altrox'd SOOO many tournaments that they may as well just call it the clowsui, lmfao

I'm not going to make it to this because of finals. Best of luck to those who are going though.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
At first I was all fffffffffff . . . RAGE e_e

Then I saw it was the week after finals and I should be coming out of my coma by then. Count me in for brawl. If I'm feeling adventurous I may play melee as well, though I doubt that since it has been so long.

Needs more Norfair though =P

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
Also the week after finals for me. Definitely planning on making it to this. Brawl only for me.

Also, request for japes, mansion or green greens. You're missing all of my favorite stages.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I think norfair is probly the only stage I'll conform honestly -.-
or you should start there XD

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
Did you know:

Your address does not come up on google maps as is? Might need to include a zip code, or give instructions from a nearby location.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Did you know:

Your address does not come up on google maps as is? Might need to include a zip code, or give instructions from a nearby location.
my bad updating OP
keep using wrong address (copy and pasting from old thread)

168 Orchard Hill Dr.
Amherst , OH , 44001

solecalibur

Smash Master
I'll update the OP when I find motivation still trying to hype this (glad this thread is still running even with it 3 months away)

solecalibur

Smash Master
We got 3 months ahead of time to go but another social in poop chat sounds wonderful doesnt it? lol

Top Bottom