• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might VIII! Cleveland, OH Feb. 12, 2010

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Brawl Singles:
1: Judge ($130)
2: Blue Rogue ($57)
3: Lain ($31)
4: Y.b.M ($21)
5: Lou ($10)
5: Infern ($10)
7: ArgentStew
7: Beegs
9: Ithrowthings
9: DeaDringers
9: BYAA!!!
9: King Beef
13: Blimp
13: Suyon
13: King
13: SoleCaliber
17: 1der
17: Lokii
17: Urban
17: Jiffy
17: XtacyFalco
17: 4%
17: BBoy
17: Smash Glov
25: Shoot The Moon
25: Denzi
25: Prince Alus
25: Links24

Brawl Doubles:
1: Lain holds up brackets (Lain & Judge) ($88)
2: Everybody Poops but NEOH (Infern & Lou) ($44)
3: Y.b.M. & Beegs ($16)
4: We'll take you to time (Ithrowthings & King Beef)
5: Alice and Reimu's Donation Box (Suyon & Blue Rogue)
5: We met on e-harmony (BYAA!!! & DeaDringers)
7: Argent & King
7: Xtacy & Glov

Melee Singles:
1: 4% ($25)
2: Apples (10$)
3: 1der
4: MMiinnttyy
5: Eon the Wolf

Overall, a good tournament. Thankfully we got outta there on time and no one made a mess or anything. I want to apologize to the melee players for brawl taking up all the time and setups, I hope you guys still had fun...

There was a shortage of money somewhere (I think I took 5 bucks of Blue Rogue's for melee and gave it to 4% for taking first) I think one or two people may not have paid venue either. I had to put 20 bucks of my own money into the venue fee to cover the difference. Not that big of a deal, whatever.

Thank you to everyone for driving out here, I know it was quite a distance for some of you. Hopefully we can get attendance back where it SHOULD be (50+) for the next one. I think a lot of it had to do with the weather, not enough hype/advertisement and that it fell on valentine's day weekend.

Speaking of which, Happy Valentine's day everyone I love you all (no homo)

M@v

Subarashii!
Blue Rogue is still the best Wario I've seen. Just saying. Looks like it went well.

ITT host one in the summer so I can come ;)

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Well... Once more I am kicked out here pissed and ashamed.

maaaaaaaaaan.

How do i keep screwing up?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Good ****, Judge!

@Infern: Dude! Do you still have our Pound 4 matches? I've been wanting to see them since forever.

Suyon

Smash Lord
I feel so disgusted in how I played in doubles when it came to critical moments. I dunno I feel like I've lost my game when bracket came....hopefully it'll change. Singles nyeh, but doubles I will not fail next time.

1: Judge ($130) - nice job ggs in pools too. You played very differently against Blue in Grand finals.
2: Blue Rogue ($57) - I have failed you....I'm sorry....teamsies and name(but i'm loyal) =\. If you want to team again let me know if not...eh oh well i would understand you teaming someone other than me since if i was too scrub.
3: Lain ($31)- i hoped my controller was some use at least.
4: Y.b.M ($21)- ggs in dubs and in pools. You're too good. Read me a lot.
5: Lou ($10) - I'm so disappointed in my performance in doubles against you....
5: Infern ($10)- I played the matchup wrong. 2nd Round...I was a stupid and was wrecked...I didn't think.... I have defeated every snake i've played so far. Maybe I'll need to play 64 again but I'm after you man.
7: ArgentStew-thanks for housing us. I didn't even play you at all. maybe next time.
7: Beegs- ggs in doubles. Making a comeback again?! Also start wearing black.
9: Ithrowthings- i'm sadface...It made me realize I'm a ****** when we played and i did die on purpose because time...previous matches...= stupid. Conclusion...futile....
9: King Beef- nice seeing you man
13: Suyon-..................................................................................
13: King- ggs in friendlies....hope those matches helped you.
13: SoleCaliber- HUUUUUH
17: 1der - You're really good man. How'd you get 17th though?
17: Lokii - Ggs. I saw you drawing stuff and it was good and thanks for the pocky. And if what Infern says is true and i bully people then it's fine....i'm hated by everyone so i'm use to it.
17: Urban-Good games man.
17: Jiffy-I'm evil....but dude...you are improving at a good rate now I believe.
17: BBoy- Fun games.

No matches were recorded at all.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Suyon, you rock. Just throwing that out there :3
You weren't being a bully! Don't worry xD I'm not used to the MU so it took a lot of getting used to! Thanks for the fun games!
PS. YOU HAD VELVET ROOM MUSIC ON YOUR WII, AMIRITE???

Thanks for the great time, everyone! It was nice meeting you all! This was my first tourney and i had so much fun! x3 Thanks for making it a good memory!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
1: Judge ($130) :metaknight:
2: Blue Rogue ($57) :wario:
3: Lain ($31) :popo: :dedede:
4: Y.b.M ($21) :kirby2:
5: Lou ($10) :gw:
5: Infern ($10) :snake:
7: ArgentStew :lucario:
7: Beegs :marth:

Did I get this right?

Suyon

Smash Lord
Y.b.M. with ZSS too and Argent with MK as well.
I could be entirely wrong though...I heard Argent used MK and Y.b.M. used ZSS in pools and first round bracket.

Dan Goodine

Smash Rookie
The friendlies at this tourny were some of the funnest Ive ever had. Its a shame that not too many people were signed up for the Melee singles.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Y.b.M used mostly ZSS. He beat me with ZSS and that was for 4th place. I know he went Kirby vs Judge. But he definitely played more ZSS than Kirby at this.

Just got home. Im exhausted and going to bed. Shoutouts after I get home from taking my girl out. But fun tourney. Im glad I came.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Pisses me off is what it is. 3rd place was out in terms of rewards due to lack of players that is, I played absolutely horrid, and my gameplay was so stagnant. Plus, with a lack of folks near me, I don't forsee significant changes occuring soon....
My biggest issues;
1. Short hop wasnt working. I really want to get a new controller x.x...I dont care what folks say or how theirs looks...a 9 year old controller, even a spare...is not as good as a new one might be.
2. I was whiffing way too f*cking much.
3. I wasn't wave dashing enough, nor DD-ing...
4. I am absolutely horrid at DI as well as ground approaches...
I know Minty said Im not the worst he's seen, especially for my first...but I felt like I only did decent in doubles :/...I just seriously need to find someone who's a lot more competitive and far more decent (no offense to you) than Dan, because his link and sheik have made my gameplay stagnate majorly x.x
5. I feel I was way too aggressive.
6. I still need to learn the cut off points for where DS wont reach
7. Need to practice the ledge hop...although that could be due to the SH going screwy.

All in all I had fun, but I just felt so outclassed T_T. I did some decent brawl friendlies, but I need time to get back to that....

Suyon

Smash Lord
I'm glad you enjoyed it Lou. I hope to see you at the next TYM hopefully if the venue is still opened and that more people will show up like it usually should be.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
I second the motion on getting more people to this. This is the lowest attendance to one of these I've seen. But never-the-less it was still pretty good.
I'll probably do shoutouts tomorrow.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
*sigh* My AiB CANT be looking good...13th of 13th on a wifi brawl tourny, and 5th of 7th or w/e on AiB (Im confused because of the whole blue rogue/lain situation....). /cry
Still those were some good fights. I really enjoyed the friendlies with my fellow melee lovers, as well as Alus. Next time I'll have to try n make sure I've got enough for a doubles and singles (maybe 1 per game lol)...If there is a next one :(.

judge!

Smash Ace
hmm i used

jigglypuff
lucario---used in 4 tourney sets at least put him by my name lol
rob
wario
dk
marth
snake
falco
wolf

judge!

Smash Ace
also...blue rogue is insane

ybm grabbed me like 40 times in 1 round lol.

inferns own mine ****ed him lol ( yes!)

argent got gatered lol

king yoshi gets grabbed by me a lot lmao

Kel

Smash Master
so you didn't use mk judge? lol

Also, yes, blue rogue is insane. He came out of no where. I believe I have his number next time though =)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
haha...

Fun tournament.... I'm glad I came... I enjoyed myself...

I will more than likely do shoutouts.... When I arise from my dreadful slumber... Stupid Valentines day is tomorrow... *sigh*
well today Technically

4% APR

Smash Champion
Brawl Singles:

There was a shortage of money somewhere (I think I took 5 bucks of Blue Rogue's for melee and gave it to 4% for taking first) I think one or two people may not have paid venue either. I had to put 20 bucks of my own money into the venue fee to cover the difference. Not that big of a deal, whatever.
I think what you're referring to was that when lain was signing up for melee, he couldnt find his money so I paid for him, and he said he'd pay me back. So when we were just gonna give him his money pack for not having time for melee, I took the money.

Anyways good tourney guys. I might start getting into brawl more again.

Blue rogue-we should probably play sometime, pm me your number if you want to.

btw, funniest part of the tourney was when lou pulled out a 9 to kill blue rogue at like 0 in a 2v1 and then came back and killed suyon. After the match he got up and said, "that really was supposed to be an up-b." Poor Blue

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
inferns own mine ****ed him lol ( yes!)
lol battlefield ftw against MK! and that stupid mine lol I usuallt remember where i put them, God Kai pressure man! haha and thanks for the tips on FD, I know I was playing the stage wrong, but still was extremely close.

Also Lain, I seem to be getting better against DDD haha I kept making comebacks in all 3 games. Last one was soo close, I should have gone for the forward air and not airdodge and probably would have won haha and we never got our friendlies :(

@Omni: Nope still has them, ill talk to him next time to see if he will put them up

Overalll good tournament,small turnout though but oh wells. Suyon you are a bully for 3 stocking a girl :laugh:

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Y.b.M. with ZSS too and Argent with MK as well.
I could be entirely wrong though...I heard Argent used MK and Y.b.M. used ZSS in pools and first round bracket.
I used MK twice... Once in my loss in pools to KB and once in my win against Alus in brackets... It doesn't seem like it was significant enough to put MK next to my name (unlike at Nope's where I needed him to win half my sets), but I don't make that decision... :p

Shoutouts later...

lou4222

Smash Lord
I think what you're referring to was that when lain was signing up for melee, he couldnt find his money so I paid for him, and he said he'd pay me back. So when we were just gonna give him his money pack for not having time for melee, I took the money.

Anyways good tourney guys. I might start getting into brawl more again.

Blue rogue-we should probably play sometime, pm me your number if you want to.

btw, funniest part of the tourney was when lou pulled out a 9 to kill blue rogue at like 0 in a 2v1 and then came back and killed suyon. After the match he got up and said, "that really was supposed to be an up-b." Poor Blue
That was the m/ost epic game ever. It was my only hope. Granted the nine was a bit lucky, but it happens. I had way way too many unbelievably close games/sets. I usually choke, but not yesterday. It was a ton of fun. But shoutouts later. I'm on my phone and can't do them now

solecalibur

Smash Master
Lou if springfeild needs a place to crash for the night next time at a neoh tounry and Im around my place is def open

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Brackets gonna be up any time soon?
They're up on AiB already

Shoutouts:

1: Judge ($130) -Thx for comin out to this, nice job takin first.
2: Blue Rogue ($57) - We gotta hang out some more. I finally beat your Wario once out of about a million.
3: Lain ($31) - I gotta stop fighting you on round 2. I'm finding out more things about the MU with ICs every time though.
4: Y.b.M ($21) - Nice job, thanks for coming out it's always fun with the god kais around.
5: Lou ($10) - Nice job beating me and all of my friends. G&W is like the comeback king.
5: Infern ($10) - Nice friendlies. Stop killing yourself with your own C4 though. I see you do it a lot. GOD KAIS!
7: ArgentStew - Kinda glad I lost to Lou because I can't stand fighting your Lucario. Win or lose against it it's like walking on hot coals.
7: Beegs - Stop.... changing your playstyle against me. You used to use moves with lag etc.
9: DeaDringers - Tournaments are harder than you thought eh?
9: BYAA!!! - Learn to fight the CHARACTER not the PLAYER.
9: King Beef - I still owe you money from Delta Upsilon
13: Blimp - Very nice placing for not going to tourneys all the time.
13: Suyon - Don't rage quit next time, the match is never over.
13: King - Thx for helping to run things and clean up afterwards. I think the venue was happy with us.
13: SoleCaliber - You almost beat Beegs! That's just proof that you've improved way more than most people thought.
17: 1der - You did so good in pools! We should team again sometime, that Mario/Sonic team was too good.
17: Lokii - Thx for comin out, didn't really talk to/play you at all, glad you had fun.
17: Urban - Sucks we had to fight each other so early. You did some work this tournament though and you're getting better quickly.
17: Jiffy - rep NEOH son! Step it up! Random NEOH quote!
17: XtacyFalco - Thx for comin out, I didn't really see ya too much @ this.
17: 4% - Thx for comin out and entering brawl. You actually didn't do too bad. Convince JoeS to come to the next one if ya can.
17: BBoy - I could tell you were really rusty. We'll get ya back into shape.
17: Smash Glov - Thx for comin out, West Salem crew is awesome.
25: Shoot The Moon - I hope you enjoyed yourself. Don't get discouraged, everyone always does bad their first tourney. Hope to see you again.
25: Denzi - Thx for stoppin out.
25: Prince Alus - I almost saw you beat Argent. Very nice.
25: Links24 - If you're actually gonna switch to TL talk to Quivo, he knows some stuff about him and a bunch of other TL mains to get you started.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Yay! Lou's finally getting it up again! Congrats on fifth! Did you go all GnW?

And good job to all the other players! Hope you all had fun!
I always go all game and watch. He is too good. I wish some of my matches could have gotten recorded. I need to invest in a recording setup

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Fun tourney, needs bigger turnout. Step it up, people.

The next tourney I attend will probably be the OUGA tourney in 2 weeks. I hope to see you all here.

Shoutouts!!!!!!!!

1: Judge ($130) - congrats man, your play in GF was pretty darn good.
2: Blue Rogue ($57) - Yeah!!!! Rep Canton and NEOH son!!!!!!!!!!!................................. I guess rep those god kais a little as well. :laugh: We have to play during the week *this* time. We can work on the SSE lol. It's too tough! We will get this!! You 1st place. Me at *least* top 8. Gotta do work.
3: Lain ($31) - fun playing in pools. Nice CGing with ICs, good stuff on 3rd.
4: Y.b.M ($21) - baw. You were close as hell to beating Judge, too. Your matches are always extremely close. Nice hanging out. Come back up here to NEOH, hopefully we get better turnout.
5: Lou ($10) - idk man. The way you played today was really good. You came extremely close to beating BR. That match was intense. Good matches in pools as well.
5: Infern ($10) - we never got to MM on Pirate Ship :(. I was too busy watching finals and you were too busy MMing others. Next time we'll have to do it. OUGA? Nice seeing you.
7: ArgentStew - Good stuff. 7th place man, crack that barrier. Rep RAVENNA! lol
7: Beegs - You need to come to more tournies. That Marth is pretty nasty. I have no love for Marth either. Nice seeing you.
9: Ithrowthings - Nice job hosting within the time constraints. Hopefully next time we can stay until like 12 or so.
9: DeaDringers - good stuff on pools. I didn't like that I had to play you first round of singles though. I was like O.o "wtf" ....Ya, go to more tournies.
9: BYAA!!! - ya, go to more tournies as well. :p Nice seeing you.
9: King Beef - nice seeing you. Beegs gives you such a hard time it seems. Peach vs Marth is stupid. Hope to see you at OUGA.
13: Blimp - I didn't get a chance to play you. :(
13: Suyon - lol, so... nice matches in bracket. I failed horribly in my strat 1st match though. "HEY EVERYBODY, LOOK HOW GOOD THIS MARTH IS!!!!! *YOU* were supposed to start playing worse, not me. :p Good playing though.
13: King - fun matches in pools, I'll take that challenge to yourself on as well. NEOH can get friendly competition going on too as to improve.
13: SoleCaliber - for the guy that last tourney was like "where do you go, you disappear" to me.... this guy barely said a word and walked out the door. Nice seeing you :p
17: 1der - I didn't get the chance to play you. :(
17: Lokii - good matches in pools. ZSS is too fun. Its a nice change of the normal smash scenery to actually see a girl there. Tell your girlfriends to step it up :p
17: Urban - fun friendlies the night before. Lucas/Ness is too fun. Hope to see you around more.
17: Jiffy - no comment.
17: XtacyFalco - good matches in pools, nice seeing you.
17: 4% - Maybe we can have a smashfest or get together, Canal Fulton and Canton aren't to far apart. You, Blue, and I. idk, I think Skyson a while back said something about getting into Brawl.
17: BBoy - five guys!!! nice seeing you, shake that rust off.
17: Smash Glov - nice seeing you. Finally decided on a main it seems.
25: Shoot The Moon - fun playing you in friendlies. Your Ness is pretty good, first offline tourney is always tough. Hope to see you around.
25: Denzi - good matches in bracket. Ness is a weird matchup for Falco I think.
25: Prince Alus - we never got to play, nice seeing you though.
25: Links24 - fun playing you in friendlies. you'll still have to bring out Ike for me though. :p

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
1: Judge - Grats on first... I can't believe our match ended the way it did though...
2: Blue Rogue - Maybe I'll pick up G&W for that emergency secondary I've been talking about...
3: Lain - Didn't get to play ya this time...
4: Y.b.M - I'm an emotional player if you haven't noticed yet... I play like crazy if I can get psyched up enough (but unfortunately the opposite also holds true)...
5: Lou - 15.83! That number is etched into my memory now... Intense matches! I'm sure we'll play again within the next month... :p
5: Infern - Snake is such a weird matchup for Lucario... There are some we can camp and some we have to be super aggressive against... I felt like I kept up with ya well though...
7: Beegs - There we go... That's better...
9: Ithrowthings - I honestly didn't know who I wanted to fight between you and Lou... Playing your Sonic is tedious...
9: DeaDringers - Never let up against Lucario... I'm sure ITT will complain...I mean tell you about it... :p
9: BYAA!!! - Finally! After all the sets I've lost to you at King Yoshi's tournies, I finally took one from ya!
9: King Beef - You really did step your game up... You're not making the kinda mistakes you kept grumbling about before...
13: Suyon - Don't give up! I almost did that... :/
13: King - Those poor babies! :chuckle:
13: SoleCaliber - Armor gimp on Halberd was too good... *shoulder charge*
17: Jiffy - I need to get over that wall... Gotta rep Kent State since no one else can... :p
17: BBoy - Good friendlies... Good to see ya...
17: Smash Glov - I normally put the hurt on Falcos...
25: Shoot The Moon - Hope to see you at more tourneys...
25: Prince Alus - Lucario dittos are the worst! Learn to fight MK!
25: Links24 - Play more TL IMO... :/

Top Bottom