• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Terry Alternate Costume Speculation Thread

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Post here what you think Terry's colors will be:

I'm expecting them to look something like this:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

We need the Mark of the Wolves look. Thank you. Thank you.

I am super excited for Terry Bogard. I was an SNK player back in the day. I watched all the Animes. I even bought them. Seeing Terry makes me super happy. (And the Goemon Mii costume)
This is exactly what I want to see with him.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
All I want is the Garou alt!

I won't be upset if we don't get it since I LOVE what they've done with his classic look but damn it the Garou alt is beautiful!

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Either full classic, half classic/Garou, or half classic/XIV is what I'm expecting with the likelihood of each being in order from most likely to least.

As for what I'd like, (it won't happen) I'd want them to pull a Mario or Little Mac ; Classic as default with two proper costumes (my preference being Garou and Heroines) taking up 2 to 4 of the 8 slots.

So either 6 classic/Garou/Fatal Cutie similar to Mario's classic/Builder/Wedding setup-

or 4 classic 2/3 Garou, 2/1 Cutie. (Not exact but similar to Mac who's got a really odd set with 5 classic, 1 hoodie, 1 wire frame, 1 hoodie wire frame combo. I really wish they'd just brought everyone up to 16 instead of cutting him down to 8.)

Uneven costume selection, but among characters that actually have costumes it's just as common as the ones that keep things even for whatever reason;
:ultmario::ultlittlemac::ultyoshi::ultjoker::ultmetaknight::ultridley::ultshulk::ultzss:

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Max would freak out if we got a Garou: Mark of the Wolf Terry costume.
I'd like that as well, but I rather love the iconic one more.

I JUST LOVE that Sakurai and the team pays attention to detail and added the; "Fatal Fury" logo on the cap like in the original.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
How about female terry from snk heroines? Nintendo can get a bogof deal with having a unique male character and a female character for some variety

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Just noticed that Terry's taunt plays with his hat. His Garou costume does not have a hat. :-( We might not get that as a costume.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Just noticed that Terry's taunt plays with his hat. His Garou costume does not have a hat. :-( We might not get that as a costume.
They can change the animation. Male and female Inklings and Pokemon Trainers have slight animation changes.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
garou terry all the way. Anybody wants him?

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I would want the Garou look for sure, and i'm sure he'll have his typical blue alt color as one of his normal costumes colors too. Said blue can be seen here clearly.

Ndukauba

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ndukauba
3DS FC
4656-8073-6666
I made some alts for Terry. Honestly hoping some of these are included when he drops. I'm guessing his 7th outfit could be him with the brown jacket, and if we're lucky, the 8th could be female Terry. Thoughts?
Terry-Colors.jpg

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I really hope they include his Garou version because it's badass and pretty iconic, I would say. I'm not a particular fan of skins with differents colours I never use these, so I hope Sakurai will add the Garou costume for Terry.
I mean, even if it's only a different alt that would help to convince the people who don't like Terry. I'm sure the 4 heroes was a good surprise even for those who didn't wanted DQ in Smash.

Girl Terry I'm not expecting that and honestly, I don't want it.

cj.

Smash Journeyman
Female Terry isn't representative or iconic for Terry, so I don't think they will add it
My choices are Garou alt, and his outfit from the first Fatal Fury

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
As long as there's a black alt, I'll be happy.

NukeNacho

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-0631-0194-3243
The alts that make sense for Terry are his Gaoru alternate or one of his hat alternates where the "Fatal Fury" logo is replaced by a metalic plate. I highly doubt we'll get Cutie Terry, but it could potentially still work.

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Seeing how we are rapidly approaching his release I'm just going to come out and say it: I don't see how F!Terry could really work. The plot of SNK Heroines is that the characters are transported into Kukri's dream and that's why Terry became a woman. To have F!Terry in smash would imply that this entire game is just Kukri's dream or at the very least he's involved with Galeem/Dharkon which would make no sense.

cj.

Smash Journeyman
But... Kyo plays completely differently from Terry, How could that even work?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Can anybody tell me how F!Terry should be in this game?
I don't see it happening since it'd require more work for the model (different face, breast size, etc.) not to mention they'd have to pay for another VA.

I think the only alt costumes we can expect would be his Garou outfit or his jacket from Fatal Fury 1/KoF XIV. Both of them are easier to make and are much more significant to Terry's character.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't see it happening since it'd require more work for the model (different face, breast size, etc.) not to mention they'd have to pay for another VA.

I think the only alt costumes we can expect would be his Garou outfit or his jacket from Fatal Fury 1/KoF XIV. Both of them are easier to make and are much more significant to Terry's character.
This. Smash is already on a tight budget as it is.
Although who knows? They didn’t have to give Eight, Erdrick, and Solo different voices, and yet they did. Sakurai’s mind works in mysterious ways.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
This. Smash is already on a tight budget as it is.
Although who knows? They didn’t have to give Eight, Erdrick, and Solo different voices, and yet they did. Sakurai’s mind works in mysterious ways.
she's busy, i think.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I am here with the answer!

He has none. I regret to inform you that Terry has no alternative costumes (no Garou, no Cutie) and he only has 7 recolors. Though, the recolors are all very good.

Top Bottom