• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Terraria

Turazrok

Smash Master
Terraria is a new indie, 2-D mmo/rpg, that at first glance is very similar to minecraft.

It allows you to play by yourself, or with friends.

Available on steam for $9.99, the game focuses on obtaining new equipment as a means of "leveling up".

There are night/day cycles, random events, bosses, dungeons, and also helpful npcs that can move into houses you build for them.

Trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGo7iMUcxLc'

Official site: http://www.terraria.org/

I don't think my description can do this game justice, it's really fun.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I have been playing this game non-stop for the past three days

Holy **** such a good game. There's a sense of accomplishment, noticeable progress of my character, and sense that there's some goal to work towards that Minecraft doesn't have.

Died against the Eye of Cthulu twice, and then it spawned itself while I was farming trees and killed me a third time. Trying to find lava right now.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I haven't found the underworld yet, I don't know if I haven't dug deep enough or what.

Goblin army with Eye of Cthulu at the same time, gahhh

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I haven't found any spells except the Orb of Light and Vine. Pretty sure they're in dungeons, or rare drops from bosses.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I feel stuck lol.

I can't really get anything done.

Hedged in by corruption with dead end caves.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What's so bad about corruption? You can stop it with sunflowers (or anything that isn't dirt), and the flying things that spawn from corruption can't pass through wooden platforms.

Turazrok

Smash Master
What's so bad about corruption? You can stop it with sunflowers (or anything that isn't dirt), and the flying things that spawn from corruption can't pass through wooden platforms.
Because the caves I have access to are dead ends.

And the corruption keeps me trapped in. Cuz I keep dying.

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Just got some Hellstone Forges. Is there a use to them?

Because the caves I have access to are dead ends.

And the corruption keeps me trapped in. Cuz I keep dying.
Do you have the Dryad yet?

And just got molten pick axe and hellstone sword. Killed Eye of Cthulu easily lol

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You blow up Corruption stone with Dynamite. That'll eventually get you a pickaxe good enough to mine it.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Is this corruption stone? Can I only blow it up with dynamite or do bombs work too?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You have to use dynamite. Judging from that screenshot, two should be enough to get you to the Orb. I'd maybe recommend against it though; breaking the orb has a small (maybe 20%?) chance of spawning a boss that you likely will not be able to handle, if your armor is of the same quality as your tools. There's not much of a penalty for dying, though.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I have all of two defense from armor, but I think I'm willing to take that gamble.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I intend to make more on the other side, as I assume that'd be an issue. I didn't have TNT on my anyway so I have to go back, also found a second orb that looks like its a bit easier to get to as well.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I think we should really work on getting a swf server going.

Someone besides me try and host, I can't connect to my own server :/

Lame.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
So lets say I broke it open and a horrible chill went down my spine, Im guessing that's the less than ideal boss spawn.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I've been considering buying this for the last day now. How good would you guys say it is? xD I mean, from what I've heard, it's worth 10 dollars, but...

EDIT: Got it. I don't have much time to play, I'll get into it tomorrow.

Someone let me know if a server is put up, will ya? =P

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Well I spawned the eater of worlds, killed all my npcs but my nurse, and seemingly didnt drop anything. Aw yeah.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Eater of Worlds should drop a ton of stuff. Are you sure you found all the items that dropped?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
It looks like in retrospect it did, I just ragequit when everyone died.

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
You can use the molten pickaxe to mine that corruption stone stuff lol. I beat eye of cthulu and skeltron again lol.

Goblin raid yielded 3 pairs of Rocket Boots lmao

And someone should set up a server xD. I'll do it if when i get back from Colombia in a week no one has.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I've killed a second eater of worlds now and got the full armor set from that thing, and a pick that can go through corruption. I also have a lightsaber, and last in game night I killed eye of cthulu twice since it naturally spawned and I got 10 lenses.

I then talked to an old man that turned into some skeleton boss that rocked my world.

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Yea I just got the full set from the eater of worlds. He's really easy lol. Just starting to get meteor stuff now. The arms dealer won't show up :(

Turazrok

Smash Master
I have an arms dealer.

Find a gun from a shadow orb or w/e and he'll appear.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Lightsaber was really underwhelming, but once I found an underground forest, Blade of Grass is awesome, upgraded grappling hook is awesome, new boomerang is awesome.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Anyone know if Hellstone forges are found underground or near the top of lava level? I've got like 1000 hellstone ore, but I haven't found any forges.

Turazrok

Smash Master
underground. I'd watch PaperBatVG's channel for terraria info. He has found a few.

Finally got past my hump.

Killed destroyer of worlds with vilethorn I found when I spawned it.

Now I get a pickaxe that can mine ebonstone :p

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Are hellstone forges the red ones? I found like 100 of those in some place super deep down, I couldnt get it with my hammer, so I mined out the blocks it was on and got it, now its in my house.

I also dropped a Sunfury after awhile down there, this weapon is amazing.

edit: Skeletron down, Sunfury confirmed for beast weapon ever.

Top Bottom