• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tennessee Thread/Locator + Facebook Locator

Mott Scurry

Smash Rookie
NNID
mottscurray
New to SmashBoards, but not to smash. Name's "Mott Scurry" or just Scurry. I main Robin, and I'm from Portland in North-Middle Tennessee. I'm actually living in Nashville currently, but if you would put me in for Portland, I'd prefer that.

'V'

Smash Lord
Hey, guys!! Louisiana is hosting a big tournament called the South Louisiana Major (SLAM 2017) on April 1st (not an April Fool's joke) and we want you guys to come out and play. We have both Melee and Smash 4 here both with a $200 and $300 Pot Bonus respectively. We also have pot bonuses for other games such as SFV and KoFXIV totaling to about $2,000 so far (there will be more to come). We have a good hotel with good space and good food in the area as well. There are also a good number of players that will offer up possible housing. Let us know if you're interested!! Hope to see y'all there!!

Smashboards thread: https://smashboards.com/threads/apr...7-2-000-in-pot-bonuses-baton-rouge-la.444811/

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/178...09509/?notif_t=like&notif_id=1484336989315425

Smash.gg registration: https://smash.gg/tournament/south-louisiana-major-2017-slam-2017/details

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue

Smash.gg
Smashboards
Facebook Link

Welcome to Donut Dub 4, the first entry in the Kennis Six Championship Series and the finale to our signature Donut Dub series from 2016!

Featuring Smash 4 and Melee, Donut Dub returns as the ultimate Kennis Six event, with our crew battle bracket... Championship Edition! We're throwing a $100 winner-take-all pot prize for BOTH Smash 4 and Melee crews.

Is your crew the best? Are you? The Kennis Six Championship Series begins!

DATE AND LOCATION:
Date: April 22, 2017
Location: Winthrop University, DiGorgio Campus Center--2020 Alumni Dr, Rock Hill, SC 29733, USA

HOTEL:
The Inn At Winthrop is a hotel & lodge right on the campus of Winthrop University... not too far from the venue location! Only $89 a night. Please let us know at least a week in advance if you will be using these facilities so we may confirm your reservations!

https://www.winthrop.edu/inn/

EVENTS:
- Smash 4 Singles
- Smash 4 Doubles
- Smash 4 Crews
- Melee Singles
- Melee Doubles
- Melee Crews

- Online payment and pre-registration is mandatory. Emergency late registration will be penalized by and additional fee. Seeding will not be prioritized for late registrees.
- Payment done via https://smash.gg/tournament/donut-dub-4
- Pre-registration closes April 20th, 2017

PRICES:
Pre-Registration: $10
Late/At Door Registration: $15
Smash 4 and Melee Singles: $10
Smash 4 and Melee Doubles: $6 ($3 per person)
Smash 4 and Melee Crews $1

POT DISTRIBUTION:
Smash 4 and Melee Singles:
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 12%
4th - 7%
5th - 2%
5th - 2%
7th - 1%
7th - 1%

Smash 4 and Melee Doubles:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Smash 4 and Melee Crews:
$100 winner-take-all

SCHEDULE:
TBD

STREAM:
TBD
TBD

Follow The Kennis Six on Facebook and mark yourself as "going" or "interested" the Donut Dub 4 Facebook event page (linked above) for updates regarding the event and the rest of the Kennis Six Championship Series!​

Shy November

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3884-0538-1253
If anyone still checks this I'm in Kingsport -- but can't do Wednesdays so the JC weeklies are unfortunately a no-go for me. Is there anything else in the tri-cities area that happens regularly?

Dust319

Smash Apprentice
Not new to the boards, but we just moved to the Murfreesboro area, and just starting to learn where everything is. Thought I’d post here if anyone knows where to look for other Smash players.

mullet

Smash Rookie
Not new to the boards, but we just moved to the Murfreesboro area, and just starting to learn where everything is. Thought I’d post here if anyone knows where to look for other Smash players.
I am new to the boards and the competitive scene. I'm also looking for people in this area and the Nashville area! Just thought I'd reply because this is the most recent post on this thread

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Moving to Murfreesboro very soon, looking to get back into Melee after being away from it competitively for a couple years.

Definitely will be looking for sparring partners and netplay games once I'm settled, interested in finding any Discord or Facebook groups for the area.

D-Pad29

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-0914-0786-0401
Memphis local here! This is my first post ever. The only reason I joined the site was to meet locals.

Top Bottom