• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, I feel like a ****. I had a 9th grade class and I was picking out numbers from a hat. The number I picked correlated with the student’s seat number. That student then had to answer my questions “What did you do last weekend?” and “Why?”
So like “I went to the mall on saturday “ and “To do shopping for my brother’s birthday”

My first period class has the daughter of one of the teachers at my elementary school that I go to Wednesday and Thursday. That particular teacher was absent all week last week due to her mother passing away. Well, the first number I picked, by coincidence, was the daughter who just came back to school. So when I asked my questions, she said “I went to my grandfather’s house.” And “Why?” “Because of my grandmother’s funeral.”

Saying “why” and knowing the reason but having to cause i was being monitored by two other teachers and it was apart of the lesson plan was particularly grueling.

I later told her I’m sorry and I hope her family is ok after the class finished. She seemed happy.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I hate Uber.

So much.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Because the world is scary :191:
You won't ever be able to conquer that fear you experience in the real world if you never face off against the danger and do all you can to fight against it and grow, despite being out of your comfort zone. Growth and achieving goals can only happen when you're willing to go outside of your own comfort zone, whether it's in little ways or large ways.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well Billybo himself had released his next episode of Re-Rate their Chances.

Leon Kennedy: 90%
Doom Slayer: 85%
Phoenix Wright: 80%
Jill Valentine: 75%
Amaterasu: 70%
Ryu Hayabusa: 65%
Professor Layton: 60%
Travis Touchedown: 60%
Crash and Spyro: 45%
Hollow Knight: 41%
Sans: 40%
2B: 30%
Scorpion: 25%
Dante: 25%
Jibanyan: 13%
Lloyd Irving: 10%
Ezio: 5%
Solaire: 0%
Steve: 0%
Sora: 0%

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Well Billybo himself had released his next episode of Re-Rate their Chances.

Leon Kennedy: 90%
Doom Slayer: 85%
Phoenix Wright: 80%
Jill Valentine: 75%
Amaterasu: 70%
Ryu Hayabusa: 65%
Professor Layton: 60%
Travis Touchedown: 60%
Crash and Spyro: 45%
Hollow Knight: 41%
Sans: 40%
2B: 30%
Scorpion: 25%
Dante: 25%
Jibanyan: 13%
Lloyd Irving: 10%
Ezio: 5%
Solaire: 0%
Steve: 0%
Sora: 0%
So Travis, a character who is basically disconfirmed, gets 60% while Steve, a character who a few people were mentally preparing themselves for at E3, gets 0%?

I know it's just his opinions, but these scores are all over the place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I hate Uber.

So much.
At least you have Uber. We don’t have Uber in Japan. It’s illegal. And also cause the Taxi companies have the entire market within a Kingler-sized vice grip.

But then again, taking a Taxi is a different experience all together in Japan. They are very professional, courteous, and the doors are automatic.

Shroob

Sup?
So Travis, a character who is basically disconfirmed, gets 60% while Steve, a character who a few people were mentally preparing themselves for at E3, gets 0%?

I know it's just his opinions, but these scores are all over the place.
I mean, the Steve logic kinda makes sense.

We got our Microsoft rep; if Steve were gonna get announced, why not at E3?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
**** YEAH! :ultdoc:

While not traditional Doc gameplay, it still looks really fun. Can I get a Dr. Mario game for the Switch too plz?

And boy, it's going to expand my Dr. Mario sprite project BIG TIME!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean, as much as I disagree with Travis Touchdown having much of any chance, i’d say Steve is as good as disconfirmed tbh.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I actually never used any sort of Uber service before. But I had to when I went to Australia last summer as a chaperone/interpreter for our junior high students for one week. I wanted a pizza delivered to my hotel room but my phone didn’t work in australia and the wifi didn’t reach my hotel room.

So I tried the front desk if I could use their landline to contact the pizza place. They were extremely confused as to why I couldn’t just use my phone to use the ubereats app. Which I told them I couldn’t as my phone didn’t work in Australia, I don’t have that app, and I can’t seem to download it cause your internet wifi is extraordinarily slow.

They eventually allowed me to call to order a pizza which resulted even more confusion from the guy taking an order. He apparently hasn’t done a phone order for almost a year.

Am I that far behind?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

While not traditional Doc gameplay, it still looks really fun. Can I get a Dr. Mario game for the Switch too plz?

YOU CAN PLAY AS NURSE PEACH!

Inb4 Nurse Pink Gold Peach art.

D

Deleted member

BuT Of CouRse ThEy wOuld DeNy Him IF tHey WeRe UnDeR NdA
Grant Kirkhope knew about Banjo & Kazooie as early as January and was still talking openly about their potential inclusion and that he wouldn't be involved if it were to happen.
Maybe Suda is being honest about Travis not being in, but it's not like there isn't precedent for this.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, don't get me wrong, we've had weird but amazing reveals via general directs before, Cloud comes to mind.

But Banjo slapped ****ing Microsoft into the credits. If there was ever a time for Microsoft characters to be shown off, it was at E3.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I don't even bother wondering why they reveal characters in the order that they do anymore. Revealing a Pokémon as the last newcomer made no sense, yet that's exactly what happened. Any argument that begins with "It makes more sense if..." is almost pointless in Ultimate.

Plus, it just depends on the order they made the DLC. Maybe Hero had a higher priority due to the DQ announcements.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't even bother wondering why they reveal characters in the order that they do anymore. Revealing a Pokémon as the last newcomer made no sense, yet that's exactly what happened. Any argument that begins with "It makes more sense if..." is almost pointless in Ultimate.

Plus, it just depends on the order they made the DLC. Maybe Hero had a higher priority due to the DQ announcements.
"Could" we get more than 1 Microsoft rep in Smash? Sure.

But I could also win a million dollars tomorrow by doing absolutely nothing.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
there's a rumor that the next character is female and potentially uses projectiles. Some believe it to be Jill or KOS-MOS.
Its gonna be Arle throwing puyo puyos like sticky bombs on opponents
if she chains 4 of the same color puyo puyo its a heavy blow attack

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

I agree Steve isn't coming, but you need to remember that freaking Cloud got revealed at a random nintendo direct. The big showstars don't necessarily have to be showcased at big events, they can be revealed in smaller events.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
I have a gut feeling that the last two characters would have a...low note to be exact.

Think about it, between Ultimate's E3 reveal and the August Direct, we had all the fighters return plus new additions that were heavily requested; Ridley, King K. Rool, Simon and to a lesser extent Richter, Chrom & Dark Samus. All of the them went people nuts, then comes Isabelle in September, then Incineroar & Ken in November; people weren't usually as excited as the ones before them; and I can see why some people were overwhelmed like that, mostly due to leaks.

In short, we had bangers in the beginning, but by the end it ends up dry. The fans got their turn, now its Nintendo's turn.

The Fighter Pass in my mind would be no different than the base game, we got a few bangers like Joker(Everyone), the Dragon Quest Hero(East), and Banjo-Kazooie(West), now the rest would all be for Nintendo like what Sakurai stated that they get choose whoever it may be. So we might get a few promoted characters on the horizon(a la Corrin from Smash 4). It could be Nintendo characters like Edelgard from Three Houses and Sylux from Metroid from that 4chan leak that got Banjo, Joker and a Square Enix rep correct. I wouldn't say they are guarantees at all, and sure there are others that would get that treatment, so we'll just have to wait and see. I could very well be wrong

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
"Could" we get more than 1 Microsoft rep in Smash? Sure.

But I could also win a million dollars tomorrow by doing absolutely nothing.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't get why Steve being absent at E3 kills his chances. I'm not even one of his supporters; I'm just genuinely confused here.

Feels no different than someone saying K. Rool is disconfirmed because he would've been revealed at E3 and not some small Smash Direct in August.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
BuT Of CouRse ThEy wOuld DeNy Him IF tHey WeRe UnDeR NdA
I mean, Grant Kirkhope was highly skeptical of Banjo getting anything this E3, despite knowing he was in Smash, so it's certainly possible. He couldn't even Tweet about it after the reveal, he had to wait an hour or so, so that they could coordinate their social media responses.

Though, I'm unaware of what Suda exactly said. When a creator deconfirms a character, my impulse is to not expect them, but remember it's always a possibility.

EDIT: Just found a recent interview where he talks about knowing it's not happening, but still being disappointed--so, much more than a simple "don't hold your breath".

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

It made sense to have a Pokémon as the last character, get the big name characters out first to get more people to preorder faster. That’s why Smash has never saved the “best for last”.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

First yoshi committed tax fraud, now he impersonates a doctor.

We need Phoenix Wright to stop this monster!

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't get why Steve being absent at E3 kills his chances. I'm not even one of his supporters; I'm just genuinely confused here.

Feels no different than someone saying K. Rool is disconfirmed because he would've been revealed at E3 and not some small Smash Direct in August.
I'm not sold on a company getting 2 characters in as DLC during the same DLC cycle.

Strong supporter of Mii Costume theory, and even without that, we didn't get 2 characters from the same company last game barring Nintendo as DLC, and I'm not expecting it now.

You can definitely believe he still has a chance, sure, but with Banjo here, I'm not putting any stock into a potential 2nd Microsoft character.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I have a gut feeling that the last two characters would have a...low note to be exact.

Think about it, between Ultimate's E3 reveal and the August Direct, we had all the fighters return plus new additions that were heavily requested; Ridley, King K. Rool, Simon and to a lesser extent Richter, Chrom & Dark Samus. All of the them went people nuts, then comes Isabelle in September, then Incineroar & Ken in November; people weren't usually as excited as the ones before them; and I can see why some people were overwhelmed like that, mostly due to leaks.

In short, we had bangers in the beginning, but by the end it ends up dry. The fans got their turn, now its Nintendo's turn.

The Fighter Pass in my mind would be no different than the base game, we got a few bangers like Joker(Everyone), the Dragon Quest Hero(East), and Banjo-Kazooie(West), now the rest would all be for Nintendo like what Sakurai stated that they get choose whoever it may be. So we might get a few promoted characters on the horizon(a la Corrin from Smash 4). It could be Nintendo characters like Edelgard from Three Houses and Sylux from Metroid from that 4chan leak that got Banjo, Joker and a Square Enix rep correct. I wouldn't say they are guarantees at all, and sure there are others that would get that treatment, so we'll just have to wait and see. I could very well be wrong
Naw if anything it'd be not just a Three House character but a Gen 8 Pokemon as well rather then Sylux. ;P

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
There’s nothing that disconfirms Steve besides the fact that it really wouldn’t be illogical to assume we wouldn’t get a 2nd Microsoft character, similar to the concept that we wouldn’t get 2 Capcom picks, or two Namco picks.

There are a few things that I personally don’t think need official confirmation. I could very well be wrong, I admit that. But I don’t really think it’s a reach to say it makes sense that a given company would only get one DLC character.

It’s not really a rule, but a logical line of reasoning if you ask me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's also kind of important to remember that only Isabelle and Simon had trailers that could easily be swapped around. The order of Inkling-Ridley-K. Rool-Incineroar was kind of set in stone.

Inklings were revealed with the game's first teaser. And Ridley had to come before K. Rool due to appearing in the Rivals opening. And K. Rool had to be before Incineroar because of the stinger at the end of his own trailer.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm not sold on a company getting 2 characters in as DLC during the same DLC cycle.

Strong supporter of Mii Costume theory, and even without that, we didn't get 2 characters from the same company last game barring Nintendo as DLC, and I'm not expecting it now.

You can definitely believe he still has a chance, sure, but with Banjo here, I'm not putting any stock into a potential 2nd Microsoft character.
The Mii costume theory, huh?

Well, I guess that's why we were seeing things differently. I don't think there's currently any theories out there worth investing time into, and that includes the Mii costume theory.

But who knows? Maybe you'll end up right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom