• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
yeah and while the Japanese liked both, NA slams DQ like babies because "No swordie, me no like" lol
You know, NA video game enthusiasts need to diversify the games they play. One of my childhood games was Dragon Quest IV and more people need to experience that game, or the Dragon Quest series in general. Dragon Quest III onward are all nothing but excellent games well worth your time onward (II is a pain though!).

So many Western video game enthusiasts got worse video game palettes than drunk raccoons (and I don't mean just Tom Nook) in spite of acting like "experts" on all things video games.

I wasn't playing MOBA's and I wanted to play them. I only played a bit of old DOTA long ago. I could have ignored them like so many people did. But in 2016 I made a New Years Resolution to play all of the major MOBAs and I did. I got decent at League, DOTA 2, Smite and Heroes of the Storm. And I still play League from time to time. But really the big thing is now Heroes of the Storm is my favorite game of all-time and most played game ever. I love Heroes of the Storm to death. And I wouldn't have found it if I didn't expand my video game horizons.

In 2017 I did the same thing with Visual Novels and I got reallllllly into Phoenix Wright amongst other games.

In 2018 I got really into Mortal Kombat and Yakuza after never giving them a chance and now Mortal Kombat 9/X/11 are 3 of my favorite fighting games ever and I'm enjoying my playthru of Yakuza 0 (basically better Shenmue) and I plan on playing Yakuza 1 and 2's remakes next.

Play more kinds of games folks. There's more than just what you play. And don't automatically dismiss or dislike what you don't know. Also, hell, just listen to the Dragon Quest soundtracks over and over and over... and over. The Dragon Quest orchestrated music is OP OP.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
God damn

Pokémon fans from here and Japan are going coocoo bonkers. It’s trending.

Gamefreak has definitely noticed, question is what are they gonna do about it?

me and the boys make it into smash

View attachment 227630
Man this is way better then my ****ty ass version

Just throw the whole art tablet away

Don’t actually it was a gift

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
I highly doubt Zelda will be theain character. Probably will serve as your guide like Midna, King of Red Lions, and Navi.
I think there are grounds for a playable Zelda; someone mentioned that the short hair would be easier to work with also allowing armour and helmets to be attached to her model providing little to no clipping.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
God damn

Pokémon fans from here and Japan are going coocoo bonkers. It’s trending.

Gamefreak has definitely noticed, question is what are they gonna do about it?

Man this is way better then my ****ty *** version

Just throw the whole art tablet away

Don’t actually it was a gift

Edit:dammit
The addition of online multiplayer with friends to Mario Maker 2 gives me hope, but then the Mario Maker team has already demonstrated they're responsive to feedback (e.g. slopes) so I dunno if the same holds true for GameFreak

We shall see - this is definitely a worse reaction to the Mario Maker online thingy though

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
It’s weird how a RE Fighter has gained a huge discussion here all of a sudden yet there’s no leak about it.

On the Banjo trailer argument....is it really that big of a deal and worth moaning about?

If you didn’t like it then that’s fine but the entire point of it was to be a play-on joke referencing the K.Rool gag as well as a homage to Rare hence the DK cast.

And you’re acting like they’ve done this a million which they haven’t and even if it’s repeated, it’s just a harmless call-back at the end so what’s the problem?

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Watch as Sword and Shield gets delayed because Game Freak wants to appease fans, only to receive even more backlash from fans because they were really looking forward to playing it at Christmas and now they'll have to wait until March.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Watch as Sword and Shield gets delayed because Game Freak wants to appease fans, only to receive even more backlash from fans because they were really looking forward to playing it at Christmas and now they'll have to wait until March.
I'd commend them for making that decision. It's necesarry

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Wait, what - people are complaining about the Banjo trailer?

It was great: if they kept reusing the same idea again and again, then yeah it'd get tired, but it was just a one off meta-joke

And the trailer nailed Banjo's significance to his fans - coming home to be alongside other Nintendo and Rare characters

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'd commend them for making that decision. It's necesarry
I still say fans are being a little ridiculous. We haven't even seen all of the returning Pokémon yet, and we've already decided that we can't survive if Qwilfish, Stantler, Tropius, and other very memorable Pokémon like them are excluded.

Just add as many popular favorites as time allows and focus on adding new content would be my goal if I were the director. But hey, what do I know? Everything is essential.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sword and Shield has Snorlax which is all we really need anyway.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I still say fans are being a little ridiculous. We haven't even seen all of the returning Pokémon yet, and we've already decided that we can't survive if Qwilfish, Stantler, Tropius, and other very memorable Pokémon like them are excluded.

Just add as many popular favorites as time allows and focus on adding new content would be my goal if I were the director. But hey, what do I know? Everything is essential.
Well, if they add more Pokémon over time there isn't a problem but what reason do we have to assume they Will.

Also, I reckon Qwilfish, Tropius or Stantler are someones favourites. My nr. 3 is Beheeyem and well... Yeah

Abha

Smash Journeyman

Why you dissing my boy Tropius

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Though it would be funny if all the remaining DLC characters tried to shoe-horn in the K Rool trailer

DK: "Who the **** are all these guys crashing my house"

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Though it would be funny if all the remaining DLC characters tried to shoe-horn in the K Rool trailer

phoenix wright shows up at DK's door looking to be banjo's attorney in k. rool's assault lawsuit

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

I want to see them call it back for something completely unrelated just to keep us on our toes.

Like have em do the segment for a stage builder expac or something.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I want to see them call it back for something completely unrelated just to keep us on our toes.

Just use it to announce Dark Samus appeaeing in the next Donkey Kong Country game

osby

Smash Obsessed

If Dixie Kong ever makes it into Smash, we already know what her trailer is going to be like.

Also, is there anyone else who wants next trailers to make use of World of Light?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don’t know if this was discussed earlier (too many pages for me to backtrack) but does anyone think Travis Touchdown would be a possibility for the fifth spot? I’ve never played his games but it seems to somewhat fit into the time frame of the new one when it comes to promotional tie-ins.
Suda has spoken against it multiple times and even said that the more he talks about it the less he thinks Nintendo would approach him as he spent an entire stream dedicated to Travis Strikes Again to talking about how much he loves Kamen Rider

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh damn, the switch is getting one of those crazy slime controllers.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Pokemon not being transferable was the straw that broke the camel's back. Game Freak has been incompetent and lazy for many years, so I'm glad people are finally calling them out on their incompetence. Just because Pokemon games are going to sell no matter what doesn't mean you can chop down the quality of the games and expect no retaliation. Pokemon is one of the best selling franchises of all time, you can AFFORD to hire more staff members for your development team if you're worried about overworking your staff.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Gotta say I love the contrast in Zelda titles - super cutesy in Link's Awakening and spooky scary skellingtons in BotW 2

D

Deleted member

Hey y'all. I woke up and saw this is still our reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Highly doubt it’ll get delayed at this point.

It’s Nintendo’s main game for the holiday season. And if I recall correctly, there’s no other major Nintendo game coming out at that time.

No way they’ll move Pokémon from the November slot.

D

Deleted member

I would love it if the Fighter Pass turned out to be something like this:
801868E8-2AF3-45F2-93A1-DAE1BE6F4F73.jpeg

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
The effort that's being put into the trailers and well ... everything else in each fighter pack offering seems to reinforce that there won't be another season, unless they're going to pull Sakurai back kicking and screaming

D

Deleted member

Please tell me that Smashboards will get emotes of each heroes’ icon.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
With Banjo & Erdrick now in, I think the character i'm going to hope the best will be KOS-MOS for DLC.

Second Namco character, potential for a unique moveset with her shapeshifting weapon, is a woman, represent the Xeno series, apparear on XB2, a pretty recent game that did pretty well for a JRPG/Xeno game, etc...

The only big points I can think off going against her is her design, which is pretty NSFW in most cases,though they could make a original design for Smash.

And that she is still quit obscure pick compared to say, Doomguy or Crash, so she won't generate as much as hype as them.

That, and she be, yet, another JRPG character after Joker & Edrick.

But screw those con! I want my robot waifu, dang it!
oie_2475623PdxTz46m.png

Also, Phoenix Wright or Dante would be pretty cool too.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
With Banjo & Erdrick now in, I think the character i'm going to hope the best will be KOS-MOS for DLC.

Second Namco character, potential for a unique moveset with her shapeshifting weapon, is a woman, represent the Xeno series, apparear on XB2 which did pretty well for a JRPG, etc...

The only big points I can think off going against her is her design, which is pretty NSFW in most cases,though they could make a original design for Smash.

And that she is still quit obscure pick compared to say, Doomguy or Crash, so she won't generate as much as hype as them.

That, and she be, yet, anotehr JRPG character after Joker & Edrick.

But screw those con! I want my robot waifu, dang it!View attachment 227647

Also, Phoenix Wright or Dante would be pretty cool too.
I like to think KOS-MOS has built a reputation as Namco’s “crossover queen” being in both Project X Zone games and their predecessor, Namco X Capcom, so... she’s also a guest Blade in Xenoblade 2

Though I think a Tales of character would take precedence, but if KOS-MOS does get in first and Lloyd is back as a Mii costume, and we get Elma on top of it...

Hforjfkirjwns yassssssss

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

37EB6CAD-604A-4B0C-AC20-E8DB87A09693.jpeg

This would be a cool avatar to use as some kind of reflection of Osby’s one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom