• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
puyo puyo.PNG

Its interesting how Puyo Puyo is a bigger franchise than Castlevania, Tales, Metroid, Doom, Devil May Cry, etc but you never see any major push for it in smash

Id assume if there was a push we'd have arle by now

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm trying to imagine what a Resident Evil trailer would be like for Smash and it just...I don't know how to begin. They already pulled the Luigi's Mansion thing, so maybe they make the poor man suffer some more by making him traverse through the Spencer Estate.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm trying to imagine what a Resident Evil trailer would be like for Smash and it just...I don't know how to begin. They already pulled the Luigi's Mansion thing, so maybe they make the poor man suffer some more by making him traverse through the Spencer Estate.
They can clearly repeat concepts, as Banjo showcased.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I saw a post earlier where someone said Luigi should go through hell again and get turned into a zombie and then get his head blown in by Leon.

That be pretty ****ed up but I would laugh

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
As seen with Banjo they don't need to be creative with the CG trailer and just repeat an older one with the same joke so they probably would do that

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I found the funniest thread on 4chan btw in regards to the Pokémon home news:
http://boards.4channel.org/vp/thread/38919233

I thought by eliminating the National Dex, the Regional Dex would thrive, but you have shown me... that's impossible. As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those, that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist.
>I'm thankful...because now...I know what I must do. I will shred this region down to it's last pokémon and then, with the money you've collected for me, create a new one. It is not what is lost but only what it is been given... a grateful universe.
1560319185735.jpeg

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
Can we just take a step back for a second and talk about how awesome it is to be a Nintendo fan right now? I stepped out for the WiiU like most but went all in once the Switch came out and this is just all so fun. Even with setbacks, it is consistently clear they know what people want and are making that happen.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And in reality, a trailer that puts Luigi in the mansion from the first resident evil would fit extremely well.
Oh no. I've seen that sketch, I'd rather forget it :yoshi:
That’s actually one of my favorite robot chicken sketches. It’s classic.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I found the funniest thread on 4chan btw in regards to the Pokémon home news:
http://boards.4channel.org/vp/thread/38919233

I thought by eliminating the National Dex, the Regional Dex would thrive, but you have shown me... that's impossible. As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those, that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist.
>I'm thankful...because now...I know what I must do. I will shred this region down to it's last pokémon and then, with the money you've collected for me, create a new one. It is not what is lost but only what it is been given... a grateful universe.
View attachment 227615
Well, theres at least one unarguably good thing about this whole fiasco is the Thanos memes. Worth it in my eyes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Can we just take a step back for a second and talk about how awesome it is to be a Nintendo fan right now? I stepped out for the WiiU like most but went all in once the Switch came out and this is just all so fun. Even with setbacks, it is consistently clear they know what people want and are making that happen.
I mean, we already knew of a majority of the games showcased but apparently that doesn't matter

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean, we already knew of a majority of the games showcased but apparently that doesn't matter
We also lacked a lot of details on them.

Not everything has to be some big and shiny new game.

Three houses, animal crossing, daemon X machina, astra chain, and Luigi’s mansion all needed better explanations and they got them. Not to mention Nintendo had more gameplay then most of the other conferences and that’s very important to people.

Also don’t even get me started on ports. I get that people want new games but the hate on old ones is stupid. Who doesn’t want a console that can play some of the most memorable titles of all time on it and while on the go?

That’s a great selling point and smart move. Ports have always sold so why fix what ain’t broke. Clearly Nintendo knows what they are doing or they wouldn’t be this successful, so let them continue

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
They can clearly repeat concepts, as Banjo showcased.
As seen with Banjo they don't need to be creative with the CG trailer and just repeat an older one with the same joke so they probably would do that

The idea for B-K was that they were reuniting with old Nintendo+Rareware characters - yeah it had the same gag but eh it was perfect imo.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Who the **** could even be added to the credits now. Microsoft and altus were the last ones on my radar.
SNK if we get Terry/Kyo
Bethesda and/or ID if we get Doom Slayer
Ubisoft if we get Rayman.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
We also lacked a lot of details on them.

Not everything has to be some big and shiny new game.

Three houses, animal crossing, daemon X machina, astra chain, and Luigi’s mansion all needed better explanations and they got them. Not to mention Nintendo had more gameplay then most of the other conferences and that’s very important to people.

Also don’t even get me started on ports. I get that people want new games but the hate on old ones is stupid. Who doesn’t want a console that can play some of the most memorable titles of all time on it and while on the go?

That’s a great selling point and smart move. Ports have always sold so why fix what ain’t broke. Clearly Nintendo knows what they are doing or they wouldn’t be this successful, so let them continue
Clearly Nintendo knew people wanted *checks notes* Resident Evil 6

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm pretty sure people are happy about Resident Evil 5 at least, maybe not RE6, but that's probably just there for completions sake.

I wonder if Resident Evil 3 will actually get that remake of its own or not.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You can do a theme like that without repeating the same trailer with the same gags too. I swear, people think you can't do a theme without being a blatant copy
But it was funny!

K Rool is just hanging out with the Kongs now like he’s got nowhere to go

They made fun of the Duck Hunt comparison

It was funny!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure people are happy about Resident Evil 5 at least, maybe no RE6, but that's probably just there for completions sake.

I wonder if the Switch will eventually get the REmake of 2.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
But it was funny!

It was funny!
Not to mention the ending being similar to Banjo and Kazooie beating Grunty at the start of the first game, which was another gag in itself.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
You can do a theme like that without repeating the same trailer with the same gags too. I swear, people think you can't do a theme without being a blatant copy
I mean I guess they could’ve done a Diddy Kong Racing-themed reveal with a similar effect, but I think this one was fantastic. I don’t really mind the same fakeout gag and base concept being used (it still had a new concept with how it’s B-K and not a villain anyway), it was done in a new way instead of literally the same.

Last edited:

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
I get this sentiment, but I think we've got a pretty packed slate already for the upcoming months and figure as they said in the direct they'll be announcing more new games soon.

I also give them a bit of the benefit of the doubt because I figure the Switch's lifespan will be pretty long and they don't want to burn through too many IPs too quickly.

That being said, I'm still hoping we see another Mario sports game (preferably soccer or baseball) and would love a Wii Sports update for the Switch. And for others sake I really hope Pikman 4 happens eventually and people get their Metroid 4 and Prime Trilogy.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe, but unless it's handled as decently well as Doom's port, I'd be a bit worried. MK11's port is a bit off, and not just in the visual department. But who knows, it could turn out well if it happened.

SaltyBet can be really hype. Saw a 2v2 Match with SSG Goku and Iron Man vs Alex from SF3 and Rock Howard. Iron Man was straight up trash but Goku almost brought it back.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Are you telling me everyone started talking about Resident Evil while I wasn't around?

Seriously?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The most unrealistic thing about Banjo in Smash?

The fact Sakurai expects me to believe the sassy ***** that is Kazooie would be totally fine with Banjo using her like a bat to beat ******* with.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

The fact Sakurai expects me to believe the sassy ***** that is Kazooie would be totally fine with Banjo using her like a bat to beat ******* with.
Well she's clearly fine with being used as a makeshift gun, so who knows.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Much less likely.

Asked directly about that possibility for RE7, Capcom reps said that the RE Engine requires too much power to possibly be ported to Switch. They followed this up by releasing a Japan-only streaming version of RE7 for the Switch because that was the only way it could run.

RE2make (and DMC5) use the same engine. Meanwhile, RE5 and RE6 were both originally designed to run on an Xbox 360.

Also I'm ****ing excited to play proper Mercenaries on my train ride to and from work. I just hope it's not thirty ****ing dollars again.

I'm pretty sure people are happy about Resident Evil 5 at least, maybe no RE6, but that's probably just there for completions sake.

You know, even though RE6 is commonly **** on, its lifetime sales are only slightly lower than RE5's, unless you count RE5's Gold Edition rerelease. It surprises me because I genuinely don't like the game, but it has a somewhat major following.

I trust Dusk Golem when he has RE news. If he says RE3make is happening, it's happening. He didn't say it'd be at E3; just that it'll be early 2020. We should remember that RE4 and RE5 were both announced at the Tokyo Game Show, not E3. So it's still possible.

D

Deleted member

She accepts it because she lives in the backpack rent-free and thus can't really complain

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
But it was funny!

It was funny!
So by repeating the same trailer with the same setting, the same setup, the same "fooled you" joke and then the same "Actually we didn't" joke it's apparantly just as good? We could have had the same idea without taking the same trailer. Bowser Jr kept the same set up as Mega Man but actually did enough things differently to make the trailer stand out. But Banjo was just the same **** we've seen before. I didn't find Hero an exciting addition either but at least the trailer actually had something going for it

Noipoi

Howdy!
So by repeating the same trailer with the same setting, the same setup, the same "fooled you" joke and then the same "Actually we didn't" joke it's apparantly just as good? We could have had the same idea without taking the same trailer. Bowser Jr kept the same set up as Mega Man but actually did enough things differently to make the trailer stand out. But Banjo was just the same **** we've seen before. I didn't find Hero an exciting addition either but at least the trailer actually had something going for it
The joke is that they did the same joke twice, that’s the whole premise.

If you don’t find it funny then fine, but they executed the theme perfectly and hilariously imo.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gwen, I'm gonna be real with you, you've been incredibly transparent with how much you hate Banjo, long before his reveal even, so it's kind of hard to take these criticisms seriously. It really just feels like you're looking for things to nitpick about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom