• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I just watched the ending of star vs the forces of evil.

I'm not sure how i feel about this ending, season 4 felt a bit rushed in general, maybe i need some time to process it.

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
Good morning, everyone. I wish I was greeting you all with happier news, but I'm afraid that isn't going to be the case.

After recent events, I've found myself reluctant to stay on this website much longer. I simply don't feel comfortable about certain things that are better off unmentioned. I hope we can all move past it and better ourselves from it, myself included. A lot of things that I have seen happen, I've found myself at a disagreement with, or outright pained by.

Simply put, I don't feel safe here, in a place I love. It tears me apart, especially since this place is so full of wonderful memories for me. I spent years on here with my greatest friend, and met so many amazing people along the way.

I'm looking forward to a kinder, gentler Smashboards, whenever that day comes. Until then, I wish you all the best. To all the amazing members and staff I've hyped over Smash with for these past years, thank you for the memories.
2f0.jpg

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
Hey y'all. No Scott, still, just your wacky, crazy boy Tots, here.

I see that there are some strides being taken on the site, and hey. I'll give credit where ccredit is due. However, it's still going to have to be a LOT for me to come swinging back here. I've stated it in the whole group PM thing that was going on, but I wanna make it clear.

There has been far too much trust broken and uncomfortablity recently, and I just can't let that slide. It does hurt. I'm most likely not gonna be around for E3, or at all. And yes, even if Banjo gets into Smash, this shall still be the case.

There is still plenty that has unnerved me and it is a shame I'll be leaving a second time. I won't delete this account, don't worry. But for the time being, I'm going and staying to where the party is at now, cause back there has made me more chill and open with myself, if anything.

Who knows? Maybe the stars will align again and ya boy will enact the third coming. Y'all know where I'm at and where I'm wildin at. And also shoutouts to Lore Lore . So, once again, for you guys and the site.

Hey y'all, Scott here.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’ll write a full introspective later but for now I have something pretty important to say.

To everyone living in Europe: PLEASE VOTE TODAY FOR MEPS THAT OPPOSE ARTICLE 13. The freedom of the internet depends on it, and it’s not just Europe that will be affected. There’s a strong chance that US/Canada/pretty much any other country can mimic those laws if they wanted to.

#SaveYourInternet

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Hey y'all. No Scott, still, just your wacky, crazy boy Tots, here.

I see that there are some strides being taken on the site, and hey. I'll give credit where ccredit is due. However, it's still going to have to be a LOT for me to come swinging back here. I've stated it in the whole group PM thing that was going on, but I wanna make it clear.

There has been far too much trust broken and uncomfortablity recently, and I just can't let that slide. It does hurt. I'm most likely not gonna be around for E3, or at all. And yes, even if Banjo gets into Smash, this shall still be the case.

There is still plenty that has unnerved me and it is a shame I'll be leaving a second time. I won't delete this account, don't worry. But for the time being, I'm going and staying to where the party is at now, cause back there has made me more chill and open with myself, if anything.

Who knows? Maybe the stars will align again and ya boy will enact the third coming. Y'all know where I'm at and where I'm wildin at. And also shoutouts to Lore Lore . So, once again, for you guys and the site.

Hey y'all, Scott here.

I was here when it happened but all i saw was the reaction and man, i don't know what happened but it absolutely nuked the site.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I’ll write a full introspective later but for now I have something pretty important to say.

To everyone living in Europe: PLEASE VOTE TODAY FOR MEPS THAT OPPOSE ARTICLE 13. The freedom of the internet depends on it, and it’s not just Europe that will be affected. There’s a strong chance that US/Canada/pretty much any other country can mimic those laws if they wanted to.

#SaveYourInternet
Date of elections depend on the Country
Netherlands was Thursday

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Btw Sakurai recently talked about some stuff, more "Video game crossover, not media crossover", talking about constantly updating a game can be less beneficial than making a new one, that Bayonetta wasn't the highest pick of the ballot they went for but the highest that they could actually get their hands on as the other choices got shot down until Sakurai reached Bayonetta and that the season pass was made without Sakurai's knowledge/consent as he doesn't like the concept of a season pass.

TLDR: Probably no season 2 and the team failed to get some real high rankers on the ballot so they kept getting lower until they reached one who finally was realizable

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Btw Sakurai recently talked about some stuff, more "Video game crossover, not media crossover", talking about constantly updating a game can be less beneficial than making a new one, that Bayonetta wasn't the highest pick of the ballot they went for but the highest that they could actually get their hands on as the other choices got shot down until Sakurai reached Bayonetta and that the season pass was made without Sakurai's knowledge/consent as he doesn't like the concept of a season pass.

TLDR: Probably no season 2 and the team failed to get some real high rankers on the ballot so they kept getting lower until they reached one who finally was realizable
Huh, interesting.

Not too surprised about Bayonetta though.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’m glad to see this thread is back.

I want to comment on a few things, because I didn’t really say much of substance to many people unless they reached out to me.

I’m glad we’re moving into a new direction. I’m glad the most liked list is gone. I’m glad that this thread is more catered to Smash talk, for a variety of reasons.

I find it unfortunate that things happened the way they did. We should never, as a community, be reduced to stuff like that. We’ve got a lot of great people. I’m very happy to see that certain people are here in this thread right now, and that it’s been positive. That’s the way it should be.

My article will be posting later today if I can manage it, and I will happily add anyone from here on Discord if they would like to PM me for my username, etc. I like having arenas, and I like talking about Smash.

I hate the stuff that can, at its worst, manipulate people and make them do something they wouldn’t normally say or do.

Support each other, folks. As Smash fans. As friends. As humans.
—-
To be on the Smash side of things, I started Devil May Cry 1. Pretty fun, even if i’m complete trash at it.

I can immediately see how Dante could work differently from other characters in the game, so I would love his inclusion. I would still prefer Resident Evil, because it’s plainly a brand new genre and series to get a playable spot. But I would effectively have no problems with Dante.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Got the link to this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

He said he doesn't like the concept of a season pass
So there still could be seperate DLC characters past the first season pass, Just not bundle-based

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
He said he doesn't like the concept of a season pass
So there still could be seperate DLC characters past the first season pass, Just not bundle-based
I think it's worth noting that the article where he said he didn't like season passes was from around a year before the fighter pass, which tells me that it's more likely nintendo that's pulling the strings on how the DLC is set up.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I'm not sure how i feel about this ending, season 4 felt a bit rushed in general, maybe i need some time to process it.
I think the finale definitely needed another half hour. Though I also think it felt that way due to corporate meddling/not giving the showrunners enough time.

I wanted to see Rhombulus die, dammit. He was too much of an ass hat to get an off screen death.

Also RIP Laser Puppies, Reynaldo, probably Baby, and all of Star's spells like Spider and Narwhal. Death by Implication.

D

Deleted member

Yoooo, thanks man!

Don't know if you remember me, but I'm Mao644, and let's just say that, while normal traditional drawing didn't end up being my stuff, pixel art and sprite making ended up the true way for me to share my ideas to the world.

And as you pointed out, I got gud at that kind of stuff, it wasn't easy by any mean, but oh boy it was worth it.

Thank you Aseprite. (the programm I am using to make sprites)
No problem. Yep, I still remember you. I remember attempting to make sprites when I was younger, but that didn't pan out. The last time I attempted to do something was a few months back when I thought about editing a ROM translation of Mega Man & Bass to put in the English logo when you select a character.

D

Deleted member

It's taken from his new book.
Well that's interesting. One thing I see that got me curious was how Bayonetta was chosen. I wonder if the people who declined during Smash 4 DLC are more open now.

Interesting about his thoughts on DLC. At most, I see separate DLC, but Season 2 now looks unlikely, which is honestly fine.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
No problem. Yep, I still remember you. I remember attempting to make sprites when I was younger, but that didn't pan out. The last time I attempted to do something was a few months back when I thought about editing a ROM translation of Mega Man & Bass to put in the English logo when you select a character.
One of my very first sprites was a edit-but-not-really of Sagat sprite in SF:Alpha.

It's not a normal edit since I actually remade the sprite entirely from the ground up on pixilart (a website that allow you to make sprites for free), but if you compare it to the original.

Yeah, it check out for the most part.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Hooooo.

Pretty sure I gave the roof of my mouth a third-degree burn. Had some hot cheese stick to it for like 20-odd seconds; all the skin peeled right off and I can't feel, like, half my palate.

We gonna have a good morning today.

Glad to see catching up on the thread's as good as ever though:
That's the magic of cats!

They tend to be magestic, and I love them.
Here’s a random picture of my cat in the toilet, for some reason.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Just wanted to say that I might or might not be coming back here that much. The whole situation really shook me up, causing some major trust issues with the not just Smashboards but the internet itself. We've got this temporary thread but things just don't feel the same, and I don't think they ever will be the same. Of course, it's now summer so I'll probably still be here and read the thread to spend some time but I just don't feel the drive to actively post here like I used to with everything changing and lots of people leaving. I had a lot of fun posting with y'all on those Ultimate threads but who knows, maybe I just need a short break and then it'll be back to business if the site makes some promising changes. I'm becoming more active on Discord so if you care about talking to me just PM me for my tag (it'll take a while to stop checking this site by habit).
Richter peace sign.jpg

If this is the last time I post here I wish y'all well because this site and these threads had some really cool people.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hooooo.

Pretty sure I gave the roof of my mouth a third-degree burn. Had some hot cheese stick to it for like 20-odd seconds; all the skin peeled right off and I can't feel, like, half my palate.

Oh dang, I hope you recover well.

Also, the more things change, the more they stay the same, as they say.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hooooo.

Ooh big yikes. Get better soon man.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think the finale definitely needed another half hour. Though I also think it felt that way due to corporate meddling/not giving the showrunners enough time.

I wanted to see Rhombulus die, dammit. He was too much of an *** hat to get an off screen death.

Also RIP Laser Puppies, Reynaldo, probably Baby, and all of Star's spells like Spider and Narwhal. Death by Implication.
bright side...Starco got to stay around...so yay

plus there’s Ducktales and Big Hero 6 to help with the coping

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

What's that like, compared to Adventure time/Steven Universe?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Oh dang, I hope you recover well.
Ooh big yikes. Get better soon man.
SfTvDi1Y77-jkpjqGkFYhApflttK0-KbIxcB1d1ZQsJmCDwwLDCbRF9Go2iAWJ8qrm5dKK6QA7MyLX9WwiEJM4JQ-dh0f5...gif

Eh, roof of the mouth. Heals quick-ish. Should be okay.

Ain't much for it but just keeping it cozy for awhile, swishing with some hydrogen peroxide or something. If it does anything dumb in the next 24 hours or so I'll go hit up a Little Clinic.

Rest of my plate of nachos is laughing at me though, the cheeky chip ********.

Also, the more things change, the more they stay the same, as they say.
I'm all for a little stays the same right now.

Had enough change to last me a good few months.

D

Deleted member

Hooooo.

I hope you recover soon.

Buuhan

Is mayonnaise an instrument?
If this is the last time I post here I wish y'all well because this site and these threads had some really cool people.
He was talking about me, obviously.

Last edited by a moderator:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
What's that like, compared to Adventure time/Steven Universe?
It's closer to steven universe than AT in my opinion.
Altough i prefer su.
The character developpement is a bit all over the place and inconsistent at times but it's a fun show, i recommend it.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Hooooo.

Burned the roof of my mouth a couple weeks ago and man it sucks, but what you have sounds totally worse, sorry man. Hot pockets be dangerous.

D

Deleted member

Burning any area hurts but burning the roof of your mouth is just twice the pain

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Goemon music and spirits ideas. Since that was a thing earlier.

Fighter Spirit - Goemon

Primary Spirits:

Ebisumaru - Blue Goemon Battle on Goemons stage
Sasuke - Small Metal Young Link
Yae - Blue Shiek

Secondary Spirits:

Goemon Team (All 4 Goemon characters) - All Primary Spirits above in one fight 4 v 1.
Monoshiri - Simon and Small Metal young Link
Omitsu - Goemon and red Princess Peach
Goroku & Baben - Green DK and Mario with a jetpack (and only uses Flood)
Future Goemon Team - Team Goemon, but all have beam swords
Goemon Impact - Giant Goemon - Gets the Super Laser gun random during the fight
4 Tsujugiri - Four small Toon Links on the Goemon stage
Koryutta and Suzaku - Blue Sheik and Red Shiek. Once Blue Shiek is defeated, A large Blue Ridley appears.
Princess Yuki - Goemon and blue Princess Peach

This is also in the support thread if you care to look at it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's closer to steven universe than AT in my opinion.
Altough i prefer su.
The character developpement is a bit all over the place and inconsistent at times but it's a fun show, i recommend it.
Cool, I'll have to give it a look. I wish they'd stop dragging out the SU finale though :/

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One thing Star vs did really well, imo, was balance emotional moments and comedy.

Like, River gives an emotional plea for the Mewmans to give Globgor a chance after Meteora crawls over to him in what's basically a magical warzone. As a father himself, he empathizes with Globgor and, despite being a passive and bumbling oaf a lot of the time, he comes to Globgor's aid.

And then at the end of his speech he earnestly drops the best and stupidest line ever: "He's a dad, just like the rest of us!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom