• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As long as he gets his Marvel vs Capcom moveset I'm all for him
Bro if he lands that Counter Super that's a GOAT moment in film.

A sick sword combo and then he pops a cap in your head without even looking at you.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
*Watches The Promised Neverland for the first time*

Me: This anime looks nice and harmless. :grin:

*22 minutes later...*

F969408F-4E2C-4ACD-9018-BCAC9271DD94.png

Conny... why?! :sadeyes:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Bro if he lands that Counter Super that's a GOAT moment in film.

A sick sword combo and then he pops a cap in your head without even looking at you.
It'd be Punisher levels of violent, but maaaaaaan I'd love to see that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How I rank the Fast and Furious movies I've seen so far.

1. Fast Five
2. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
3. 2 Fast 2 Furious
4. The Fast and the Furious
5. Fast & Furious

Really getting good. Can't wait to see how the others hold up. Been a while since I seen the other three so can't remember how good they are.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
*Watches The Promised Neverland for the first time*

Me: This anime looks nice and harmless. :grin:

*22 minutes later...*

View attachment 231617

Conny... why?! :sadeyes:
Yeah, I thought the anime that has established right from the get-go that it's about a human farm fronting as an orphanage couldn't possibly be gruesome :yoshi:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Welp just like I said I'm going to be taking a break from Smashboards for the next 5 days. See ya folks Monday.

Go watch my montage.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
dude it's like a kid asking questions on a car trip

we'll get hero when we get hero
Is he out yet?
No.
Is he out yet?
No.
Is he out yet?
No.
Is he out yet?
No!
Is he out yet?
No!
Hey Vegeta...
WHAT?!?!

Can we make a Mario level together?
Nappa, if it'll shut you up for five minutes, then fine!!!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Had to ditch Scorpion and Hayabusa because im not giving my money to smashboards anymore

1563346605263.png

you cant click it right now it does nothing

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well a fourth Thor movie is definitely getting made by Taika Waititi :yoshi:
To be honest, what excites me the most about this announcement is the possibility that other Marvel movies will be able to break past the strict trilogy set-up that the previous ones had. With so many different stories and characters to explore through the comics it sometimes felt limiting that some of the IPs weren't allowed to be explored further after the third movie was done. With Thor getting a fourth, that shows Marvel is more willing to go further with them and have more flexibility in what they can adapt, which will be great since that means we'll have more opportunities to see more of the unique settings that they've already set up and the new characters and storylines that would've missed the boat otherwise.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly I'm just interested in seeing how the MCU is gonna top off Phase 4 in a way that is satisfying, especially after Endgame.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh....
I mean, Ragnarok wasn't a terrible film, but it felt mor like a Guardians of The Galaxy film than a Thor film.
I mean, it was the movie that convinced Chris Hemsworth to not walk away from Thor after Endgame, he had a ****ing blast playing the character in that film, it finally gave Thor a movie that wasn't needlessly melodramatic, it gave us a new brand of wacky comedy that isn't even really comparable to Guardians besides being funny, and we're getting another movie where Chris can have fun with his director and make a good movie while he's at it. Honestly, at that point? Who gives a **** what it "felt" like. If the cast and crew has fun making it, and it's a good movie, everyone wins.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hopefully after his confidence boost post Endgame, Thor at least gets rid of that pot belly, lmao.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
It felt like neither a past Thor or GotG film. In fact, it felt like no other MCU film at that point :yoshi:
I mean, it was the movie that convinced Chris Hemsworth to not walk away from Thor after Endgame, he had a ****ing blast playing the character in that film, it finally gave Thor a movie that wasn't needlessly melodramatic, it gave us a new brand of wacky comedy that isn't even really comparable to Guardians besides being funny, and we're getting another movie where Chris can have fun with his director and make a good movie while he's at it. Honestly, at that point? Who gives a **** what it "felt" like. If the cast and crew has fun making it, and it's a good movie, everyone wins.
Cool. Not my thing, but whatever. Hope Thor looses the weight this time, becausd the Thor Lewboski look isn't very heroic.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hopefully after his confidence boost post Endgame, Thor at least gets rid of that pot belly, lmao.
Cool. Not my thing, but whatever. Hope Thor looses the weight this time, becausd the Thor Lewboski look isn't very heroic.
of course he will, at least during the course of Guardians 3 when he has to eventually smack Adam Warlock around

you cant just magically get rid of fat during one battle with thanos. i know this setting is unrealistic, but we aren't that unrealistic

StormC

Smash Hero
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy you mean AOU, not Endgame. Hemsworth was dying to get something juicy after AOU and Taika delivered.

Fat people can't be heroic? :drohmy:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Thor Lebowski was hands down my favourite part of Endgame, and I bought his Funko pop.

I want to watch those scenes again now. "Dark elves, ooOOooh~"

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
so how about that hero eh folks

tomorrow for sure

and if not tomorrow, the day after tomorrow

and if not the day after tomorrow, the day after the day after tomorrow

and if not the day after the day after tomorrow, the

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
No, but I kinda feel like his fatness served as showing a low point in his life and a bit of comedy, both of which aren't really necessary now that endgame is over.

Plus, like, the last words his mom ever said to him was to go eat a salad, lol.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
No, but I kinda feel like his fatness served as showing a low point in his life and a bit of comedy, both of which aren't really necessary now that endgame is over.

Plus, like, the last words his mom ever said to him was to go eat a salad, lol.
chris hemsworth fat suit legit now selling on ebay for 5 grand

Striga

Smash Journeyman
When I said it's not heroic, I meant that as in it's not becoming of a character like Thor. It was done to be funny, and it shows. Problem I've got is that it was serious downgrade from Thor's character in Infinity War. Having Thor keep the weight after Endgame would be dumb.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy you mean AOU, not Endgame. Hemsworth was dying to get something juicy after AOU and Taika delivered.

His contract expired after Endgame. If it hadn't been for the turn that Thor 3 took he said he was going to walk away. Ragnarok made him 360. He may have been sick of Thor after AoU but he was always going to do Endgame.

StormC

Smash Hero
His contract expired after Endgame. If it hadn't been for the turn that Thor 3 took he said he was going to walk away. Ragnarok made him 360. He may have been sick of Thor after AoU but he was always going to do Endgame.
I see. I was referring to this interview:

“After I’d done Avengers and Thor 2, I did feel a bit trapped. It felt like I was typecast by whoever wrote the scripts” he admitted. “I feel like the creators were stuck on where they could take [Thor] and was this all he had to offer? I felt there was so much more we could do.”

ZAHÍRITΣiΚΛ

Unguided Rainbow
Switch FC
SW-7955-8996-6175
I've never been so uninterested in Smash. It has all the characters. All the best stages. Game looks beautiful. They even got a character from a rival 1st party company.

But it's all so "meh"

Everything is just Smash battles. World of Light is just event mode. Not enough variety. Music is only 64kbps and sounds painful which sucks because the soundtrack itself is amazing. Just can't bring myself to play it anymore.

How could the biggest Smash also be the worst? Not that it's a bad game but that it lacks so many things that made its predecessors great.

StormC

Smash Hero
Reading some of the earlier conversation with SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 was actually pretty interesting. I am inclined to agree that Infinity War/Endgame bit off a little more than it could chew with its population-halving plot; deaths would be in the millions from car crashes, hospital failures, etc. It never quite felt like the world was devastated by this besides a few shots of abandoned New York; people still go to cafes, Tony lives in a comfortable cabin by the lake, they have no problem ordering Chinese food, Hawkeye hangs out in Tokyo with the yakuza... it just seems like society should be radically different but it's just a little emptier in some scenes. It's already a three hour movie though and that's not their focus for a superhero movie so I get it. I don't find it depressing, just sort of an oversight. But then I've always loved post-apocalyptic fiction and find it fascinating when they depict the downfall of society.

That said, I'm glad they didn't do a universe reset, that would have been a really lame cop out and I hope they continue to follow up on the consequences of the snap/blip like Far From Home did. It would be a great idea for a Disney+ miniseries exploring how this affected the lives of the average civilian.

I've never been so uninterested in Smash. It has all the characters. All the best stages. Game looks beautiful. They even got a character from a rival 1st party company.

But it's all so "meh"

Everything is just Smash battles. World of Light is just event mode. Not enough variety. Music is only 64kbps and sounds painful which sucks because the soundtrack itself is amazing. Just can't bring myself to play it anymore.

How could the biggest Smash also be the worst? Not that it's a bad game but that it lacks so many things that made its predecessors great.
Can't say I agree. It's a fighting game. I've never had much of a purpose for the extra modes. They're cute and a decent way to kill an hour or two, but I've never considered them the reason to play Smash. I spend 90% of my playtime in local and online versus. The game was instantly the best Smash the moment they announced every character was in it along with 103 stages. The 10/10 newcomer roster doesn't hurt either.

Besides... no way is it worse than Smash 4. Unique Classic runs and World Of Light alone offer a good 30-40 hours of single player content, which is a far cry from anything in Smash 4. And World Of Light actually focuses on the core Smash gameplay, rather than the awkward platforming levels of the SSE.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Reading some of the earlier conversation with SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 was actually pretty interesting. I am inclined to agree that Infinity War/Endgame bit off a little more than it could chew with its population-halving plot; deaths would be in the millions from car crashes, hospital failures, etc. It never quite felt like the world was devastated by this besides a few shots of abandoned New York; people still go to cafes, Tony lives in a comfortable cabin by the lake, they have no problem ordering Chinese food, Hawkeye hangs out in Tokyo with the yakuza... it just seems like society should be radically different but it's just a little emptier in some scenes. It's already a three hour movie though and that's not their focus for a superhero movie so I get it. I don't find it depressing, just sort of an oversight. But then I've always loved post-apocalyptic fiction and find it fascinating when they depict the downfall of society.

That said, I'm glad they didn't do a universe reset, that would have been a really lame cop out and I hope they continue to follow up on the consequences of the snap/blip like Far From Home did. It would be a great idea for a Disney+ miniseries exploring how this affected the lives of the average civilian.
Please no. I’m already having trouble staying interested in Marvel movies. If they’re going to continue to mention this and keep it plot relevant, I don’t think I ever will again. I still think that they should have erased the whole thing from history, and that that’s the prope
If you want to nit-pick the differences between comics and movies, you'd have to start waaay before Endgame. It's also strange to reconcile an insistence on comic accuracy when the tone of some comics have been greatly sanitized when made into movies. Like, Civil War in the comics is not some little "anybody got any orange slices?" scrap that ends without fatalities.

You're not going to convince anyone with hyperbole.

There is usually hope. The Dark Knight ends with Batman taking the blame so Gotham doesn't lose public morale. The Joker's boat plan fails because no one gives in to violence, showing peoples' inherent "good". In Logan, Wolverine sacrifices himself to provide the children with freedom. They're not quite a simple as "good guy wins" but they're not hopeless.

It's fine if you prefer more lighthearted fare, but to call it bad or to bemoan its existence when other people enjoy that kind of (usually more realistic) storytelling is, at the very least, going to invite contention.
Sure. Marvel changes EVENTS all the time. But people and items generally are and work the same way as they do in the source material. I could be wrong but...

I think those movies have one thing going for them that doesn’t make it feel as hopeless. They’re not as big. Sure, they’re not sunshine and rainbows, but they’re also not “everyone in the universe has ****ed up mental health and ruined lives”. I’m not entirely opposed to a little bit of darkness. But I’m opposed to this particular instance for reasons i’ve said before.

Please no. I’m already having trouble staying interested in Marvel movies. If they’re going to continue to mention this and keep it plot relevant, I don’t think I ever will again. I still think that they should have erased the whole thing from history, and that that’s the properly heroic thing to do when something that big happens.

Shroob

Sup?
If the Lupin leak is real by the time I wake up, I'll be surprised.

I don't think it's real, and Hero releasing NEXT week to coincide with the summer vacation season in Japan seems more than logical, but...

Can't say I wouldn't love to see the internet explode over the lack of the Geno Mii costume.

"They'll add it in a later patch!"

"No they've been copyright striking SMRPG music it means he's in!"

"Spirits deconfirm he can't be in!"

"You can't prove that until we see all 5 characters!"

"They won't give Square 2 reps!"

This **** would be both fun and "fun", and I want it to happen because it's fun seeing this fanbase tear itself apart over aimless speculation sometimes.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I don't think it's real, and Hero releasing NEXT week to coincide with the summer vacation season in Japan seems more than logical, but...

Can't say I wouldn't love to see the internet explode over the lack of the Geno Mii costume.

This **** would be both fun and "fun", and I want it to happen because it's fun seeing this fanbase tear itself apart over aimless speculation sometimes.
I still don’t think he’s in unless we get a bonus Character. Unless he’s also classified as his own series with his own symbol and music.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

The Byleth costume stole the Geno costume's slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom