• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ragnarok was a half Planet Hulk and half Ragnarok comic storylines, which means they still did include Norse mythology, just not as much compared to the other movies that focused solely on Thor plotlines.
I never read the Ragnarok comics so that's probably why but even then that wasn't the only problem I had with the film as I mentioned in my previous post.

I know its an really unpopular opinion of mine and sorry to be in the minority but the film just wasn't for me. Perhaps if they tone down the humor and Guardians approach then maybe perhaps I'll consider Thor 4.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I never read the Ragnarok comics so that's probably why but even then that wasn't the only problem I had with the film as I mentioned in my previous post.

I know its an really unpopular opinion of mine and sorry to be in the minority but the film just wasn't for me. Perhaps if they tone down the humor and Guardians approach then maybe perhaps I'll consider Thor 4.
Considering 1 and 2 are kind of disliked, and everyone loved Ragnorok (except you).... I don’t think that’s gonna happen.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I never read the Ragnarok comics so that's probably why
then why are you complaining about the shift bro

ragnarok in the comics was worse IMO, but the comic version of Planet Hulk was better because it wasn't a squinched down, incomplete version of the World War Hulk storyline that it's a part of.

it's a shame we'll never see worldbreaker in the MCU probably maybe

I’m kind of sad we probably won’t get Ant-Man 3
Eh, just throw Paul Rudd out and make someone Eric O'Grady

1563308143239.png

Just don't recreate that scene where he first uses his powers to spy on women in showers, that bit didn't age well.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I know it's harder to make realistic animals look expressive in animation, but the difference in quality is noticeable.

Also, what's up with Scar's voice?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Probably because I didn't feel the Norse myth elements in the film due to being overshadowed by the Guardians approach and humor.
dude thor in the comics is usually kind of boring for me, you gotta be real into the mythos to be into it

so that means it's just perfect for you, go pick up a thor book

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So its now the third week in my Fast and the Furious Marathon. Already half way through my marathon currently on Furious Five and then Furious 6 on Thursday before next week is the last one with Furious 7 and The Fate of the Furious.

I'm off to watch it now. I'll talk with y'all later.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I just realized today’s my birthday.

I am becoming a more “mature” man apparently.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I hope so. I really liked Ant-Man and The Wasp. But I heard that Marvel was just abandoning the series.
that would be like them abandoning the F4, ant-man is one of the OG series.

really the only one missing is namor. maybe hercules if they wanted that too, but i heard namor already had plans.

scott really hasnt had any closure of any kind like some other certain characters, so it would awkward to just drop him

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Captain Marvel is a perfectly fine Superman movie. But Superman is boring and so is Captain Marvel. It was just a very run-of-the-mill, otherwise forgettable superhero flick were it not that it's the sole female-led MCU movie. Which is great (it certainly banked heavily on it) but ultimately something extraneous to actual quality. To me she came off as very wooden and her powers were unspecified and situationally OP. Especially on the heels of Wonder Woman, who has weird funky 1940s powers, but was a lot more charismatic - and is one of the only bright spots in the DC lineup. That whole Nick Fury/cat business seemed very strange and out of character. I heard a lot was reshoots to add levity, but I don't think it helped imo. I really liked that one Skrull guy though.

Thor Ragnarok was great. The tone only changed because it wasn't working before. Though I didn't see The Dark World, but I get the feeling I didn't miss much. If they had a successful formula, they would've kept with it. The three Captain America movies have a more consistent, serious tone - because it worked for them. Ragnarok still had mythology, like big fire guy and Cate Blanchett, it just mixed in other, non Norse aspects of Marvel, like Hulk and Dr. Strange.

I mean Spider-Man has spent more movies fighting outside New York than inside, and he's supposed to be a "friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man". It just serves the fact that it's a connected universe.

Eh, just throw Paul Rudd out
Excuse you

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Captain Marvel is a perfectly fine Superman movie. But Superman is boring and so is Captain Marvel. It was just a very run-of-the-mill, otherwise forgettable superhero flick were it not that it's the sole female-led MCU movie. Which is great (it certainly banked heavily on it) but ultimately something extraneous to actual quality. To me she came off as very wooden and her powers were unspecified and situationally OP. Especially on the heels of Wonder Woman, who has weird funky 1940s powers, but was a lot more charismatic - and is one of the only bright spots in the DC lineup. That whole Nick Fury/cat business seemed very strange and out of character. I heard a lot was reshoots to add levity, but I don't think it helped imo. I really liked that one Skrull guy though.

Thor Ragnarok was great. The tone only changed because it wasn't working before. Though I didn't see The Dark World, but I get the feeling I didn't miss much. If they had a successful formula, they would've kept with it. The three Captain America movies have a more consistent, serious tone - because it worked for them. Ragnarok still had mythology, like big fire guy and Cate Blanchett, it just mixed in other, non Norse aspects of Marvel, like Hulk and Dr. Strange.

I mean Spider-Man has spent more movies fighting outside New York than inside, and he's supposed to be a "friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man". It just serves the fact that it's a connected universe.

Excuse you
As a Superman fan.... your kind of just wrong about the character being boring. It’s just a different kind of story. Same is true of Captain Marvel. I wish I could find that article I saw on Facebook around the time it came out. It explained the point of the movie better than I could.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Just realized? You must be getting really old if you're already forgetting your own birthday. :laugh:

Jokes aside, Happy Birthday!
Birthdays get pretty old overtime and become more of a novelty, so it’s usually nothing special for me expect on special days when I get a party.

16 is one of those numbers that gets treated as a big deal, but I just feel like a slightly bigger man than last year. I don’t even know how to drive a car yet. :dizzy:

Happy birthday I hope its ace
5A8FDE71-1F42-4AEF-A7BB-435524A2F457.jpeg

I see what you did with that pun there.

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
As a Superman fan.... your kind of just wrong about the character being boring. It’s just a different kind of story. Same is true of Captain Marvel. I wish I could find that article I saw on Facebook around the time it came out. It explained the point of the movie better than I could.
If I can clarify on behalf of someone else with my own perspective about superman and tgis is all opinion based by the way (from someone who dosent like superman type charachters) I umderstand why people like superman hes a saviour a thing that can give people hope and people who love him are people I applaud because he is a comforting idea.

But to me that's all he is an idea but as a charachter I always find myself not really connecting with him because he is by definition an otherworldly unnatainable goal that no one can ever reach. I find that this type of hero which I personally don't connect with on any meaningful level happens more with dc superheroes than marvel superheroes which is the big reason why I like marvel more

a spiderman story is about an extrodaniry person who's trying to help but has his own problems he has to overcome with determanation and want to do the right thing. Superman to me is the opposite he's not an extrodinary human he's a normal god flawless in his design(and yes this idea does apply to some marvel charachters for me such as captain marvel and comic thor)

But this all just how I view it and you know what snakefighter you liking superman as a charachter is great and I respect the hell out of that opinion

Well I just talked way to long sayanora back to my vacation
Screenshot_2019-07-16-16-55-57-1.png

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
hero confirmed for july release

-yeet-
Alright, now come out today so I can be a truly happy child.

Hero doesn’t even have a definitive release date, uuuuggghhhh. But at least we know he’s not August or as crazy as September that some people thought about.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

To clarify, they didn't specifically tell us he's coming in July. The name of the video is "Nintendo Switch - Fan-favorites and newest Releases - July".

One could logically assume this is suggesting a July release, but the video itself is just the July edition of a Nintendo Switch ad. It's not official.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If I can clarify on behalf of someone else with my own perspective about superman and tgis is all opinion based by the way (from someone who dosent like superman type charachters) I umderstand why people like superman hes a saviour a thing that can give people hope and people who love him are people I applaud because he is a comforting idea.

But to me that's all he is an idea but as a charachter I always find myself not really connecting with him because he is by definition an otherworldly unnatainable goal that no one can ever reach. I find that this type of hero which I personally don't connect with on any meaningful level happens more with dc superheroes than marvel superheroes which is the big reason why I like marvel more

e a spiderman story is about an extrodaniry person who's trying to help but has his own problems he has to overcome with determanation and want to do the right thing. Superman to me is the opposite he's not an extrodinary human he's a normal god flawless in his design(and yes this idea does apply to some marvel charachters for me such as captain marvel and comic thor)

But this all just how I view it and you know what snakefighter you liking superman as a charachter is great and I respect the hell out of that opinion

Well I just talked way to long sayanora back to my vacation
In my opinion, Superman stories are at there best when they take the home vs heritage angle, along with making sure he’s doing the right thing. He’s not a god. He’s a man with the powers of one. He may be smarter than average, but he’s not omnicient. It’s not about if he will win or loose, it’s wether or not what he’s doing is the right thing to do. And sometimes it’s not. When he makes mistakes, they’re big mistakes. Not to mention, the fact that he and his family are immigrants who personify the American Way allow for a lot of minority analogies. Ones that aren’t as blatant or over the top as X-Men.

And I found that article about Captain Marvel
http://geekxgirls.com/article.php?ID=11441

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Nintendo, so sly--I try to walk away and you drag me back in.

Obviously there's a chance this is not an indication of a July release, but I feel like it's more likely this is to showcase what is happening this month.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ever notice how in All Star when someone asks if he could spare some change for gas because they need to get themselves away from this place, he just says “yep, what a concept. I could use a little fuel myself and we could all use a little change” instead of giving them some actual change for gas?

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Ever notice how in All Star when someone asks if he could spare some change for gas because they need to get themselves away from this place, he just says “yep, what a concept. I could use a little fuel myself and we could all use a little change” instead of giving them some actual change for gas?
This has heightened my enjoyment of All-Star by at least 20%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom