• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I only faintly remember the details, but the person who we thought made the post replied and essentially said he doesn't know any of the new Smash content. He also said that a friend of his randomly posted the image of the bird, and that he himself wasn't really sure what it meant. It could've been a joke, but a certain user from SmashBoards (not saying who it is because it'll sound like I'm placing the blame on them, even though I'm just repeating what I remember) saw the image and shared it with other people, making a lot of the internet speculate on what the bird image could be when it actually could've had nothing to do with Smash.
If I may interject, the 'friend' in question is Sabi's NOA source. Apparently this happened before with that Blue Crab picture (Lonk's awake) they just dropped it and yeeted out of existence. They are doing the same here, but he did finally respond to people asking him... unfortunately he never mentioned what the pic was about. So now it's a wait and see.

*phases out of existence*

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I'm just hoping DQ Hero stuff happens today because tomorrow is the deadline regarding EVO and patches. Then again, if the patch doesn't drop by the 17th, I'll bank on some time around the 20th or whenever Summer Vacation begins in Japan.

Iridium

Smash Hero
When I think about it, Hero gets the biggest buff next patch just for existing.

I think that's more Plant's jank than Link's, still that was a wild interaction lol
lol. Nice.

Link isn't jank, i blame the Plant. :p

No problem for the tags. It's always funny/interesting stuff. Plus, since i'm not very active around here these days, it's always nice to have at least 1 notification when i happen to log in.
Might have had to do with the last hit of up-B not connecting at all too, but Piranha Plant's down-B is for sure weird.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The other day people were talking about Jon from GameExplain posting about otters, was that on Twitter? I couldn't find anything when I looked.
He stated on Resetera that it was not a hint, so I guess he was just posting a fun otter pic. He then went on to say he didn't understand the expectations for Hero soon, and he would expect it in September around the release of DQ 11, August at the earliest. I, however, cannot see how they could release Hero in September, as that would seem to push all of the other characters back further and miss the Feb deadline, or have a weird release schedule with 5 months between #1 and #2, with #3, #4, #5 just a month or two a part. To me, Hero doesn't need to be released the same month, just prior to DQ so people like the character in Smash and want to play/pre-order their game.

However, given that's the sentiment, I may just try to distract myself with other things. Joker's release caught me by surprise because I wasn't thinking about it and going online everyday about it. It'll be harder now, but probably the best in the meantime to make it go faster.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
He stated on Resetera that it was not a hint, so I guess he was just posting a fun otter pic. He then went on to say he didn't understand the expectations for Hero soon, and he would expect it in September around the release of DQ 11, August at the earliest. I, however, cannot see how they could release Hero in September, as that would seem to push all of the other characters back further and miss the Feb deadline, or have a weird release schedule with 5 months between #1 and #2, with #3, #4, #5 just a month or two a part. To me, Hero doesn't need to be released the same month, just prior to DQ so people like the character in Smash and want to play/pre-order their game.

However, given that's the sentiment, I may just try to distract myself with other things. Joker's release caught me by surprise because I wasn't thinking about it and going online everyday about it. It'll be harder now, but probably the best in the meantime to make it go faster.
The Hero and Banjo trailers really should have dropped exact dates, this silence is really going to end up being a hype killer.

D

Deleted member

Did you know they're still airing Babar reruns
Friendly reminder that the show ran from 1989 TO ~1991

edit: random thought i just had:
Babar being revealed for a version of Smash with cartoon characters would be the equivalent of Banjo's Smash reveal

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
hey my dudes I see I missed Jigglypuff-obsessed people arguing over their profile pictures or Puff skills or something.

nice.

now if anyone tries to attack my Gengar pfp I will gladly take you on :pikachu:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wow, the drifting on my PowerA GameCube Switch controller's left stick is way off.

I'll see if I can fix it.
Aw dude.

Imagine the ****ing drift on the Switch Lite, you'd have to fix the whole console.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Welp, it's not looking good right now for Hero's chances being at EVO unless a miracle happens.
yall go do something else other them obsessing when the next character is gonna happen because its sad
Aw dude.

Imagine the ****ing drift on the Switch Lite, you'd have to fix the whole console.
button doesnt work? Buy new Console
Controls drift and is unfixable? Buy new console
contoller breaks alltogetger? Buy new console.

Im seeing a looot more cons then pros

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Aw dude.

For shame really, my joycons started drifting recently and I heard this is a common problem due to Nintendo's manufacturing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
For shame really, my joycons started drifting recently and I heard this is a common problem due to Nintendo's manufacturing.
My right joycon drifts which is annoying for camera controls but the only games that suffer for that really are Zelda and Smash, but I don't even use the joycons for Smash.

button doesnt work? Buy new Console
Controls drift and is unfixable? Buy new console
contoller breaks alltogetger? Buy new console.

Im seeing a looot more cons then pros
At least with the Switch and DS you can confine it within a closed space, but imagine all the dust and **** that's gonna get on that Switch screen.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
why would people want him at EVO
It's less the character itself and more the patch that would come with them.

If the patch drops right after the EVO lock-in (meaning if it's revealed later than tomorrow), then people will be playing on a (potentially) different build for 2 weeks, which messes with practicing a lot. If your character gets a major buff/nerf, but we're playing on the old patch, then obviously this makes a much bigger difference.

I'm sure there is at least a few mad lads that would want to go Hero/bet it all on "DLC is always busted at launch," but much more are banking on things like Snake/Joker nerfs, things like Olimar's shield being fixed (or not, if you hate them), and insert low/mid-tier getting buffs that somehow make them suddenly top tier.

Alternatively, most of us are just bored and want to see all hell break loose by a last minute/sudden change like this, or are just so tired of no news/bird speculation.

Because people want any type of reveal at EVO. Chances are some other games might tho. I want them to finally show Janemba for DBFZ if possible.
I doubt we'd get another big announcement like the August Smash Direct in 2018, but if we don't get 4.0 by the end of July then all bets are off, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom