• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormC

Smash Hero
Season 1 of Stranger Things: middle school kids trying to find out what happened to their friend and the mystery behind the quiet girl

Season 3 of Stranger Things:

Hopper kidnaps a Soviet scientist while in a gunfight with the KGB

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Rats. You got me there that's a fair point.

BTW too. You also might want to removed the embedded post under Skittish's request. I don't want to see you or anyone else get in trouble is all.
I often forget since I’m on mobile much of the time, thanks for the reminder

And I’m off to bed, night y’all

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Here are who I want to see for DLC:
  • Doomguy from Doom
  • Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden
  • Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil
  • Dante from Devil May Cry
  • Jin Kazama from Tekken

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As Hero releases during EVO watch we get our next DLC fighter revealed to be female fighting game character (Nakoruru or Mai Shiranui).

Then our final DLC fighter revealed upon Banjo's release.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
  • Doomguy from Doom
  • Jin Kazama from Tekken
These dudes ain't ready for the King of the Iron Fist.

Smug Kazama 2.jpg

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You ever just lay down for a minute and next thing you know it’s several hours later
I normally take a nap after work since I start early in the morning. Usually get 1 hour, 2 or 3 on a good day.

One time I came home, took my nap and woke up 14 hours later.

StormC

Smash Hero
Quick question: if you convert your replay files into video in Smash Ultimate, do you lose the replay file?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I have this bad feeling that people see my Creeper thread and think it’s a joke.

It’s not.
I've never been big on playable Minecraft content, but I'd shell out a few dollars for a stage, especially with a Creeper AT. That's about my limit though.

MainJPW

M.T.A
You ever just lay down for a minute and next thing you know it’s several hours later

If only I could do that while trying to pass the time.
I normally take a nap after work since I start early in the morning. Usually get 1 hour, 2 or 3 on a good day.

One time I came home, took my nap and woke up 14 hours later.
That reminds me of when I used to come home from school. I would grab something to eat then drift off for a short nap...then somehow wake up at 4 a.m. which was the time I had to get up to catch the bus.

That happened more than once.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Welp I closed my arena for the night.

I don't know if anyone in this thread actually ended up joining but GGs if you did. Got some valuable Wolf match up experience today, although I still don't know what Ivysaur is supposed to do against him.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It’s late here but I finished my latest mario maker level. A recreation of the Mario party minigame a day at the races .
Check it out if you can!
CCL 0T2 STG

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I've never been big on playable Minecraft content, but I'd shell out a few dollars for a stage, especially with a Creeper AT. That's about my limit though.
Fair enough.

Still my thread rarely gets any visitors; I can understand the lack of discussion since the Steve thread is basically the Minecraft social, but I dunno...

I mean I really like and want Steve but the Creeper is cool too. I guess I’d rather have Steve first though tbh.

At least the Creeper thread has some nice members, too, and when it comes to Steve, at least the trolls and detractors are just plain laughable given their ignorance on how popular the idea of Steve in Smash is. They’re still fricken annoying jerks though.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yup

It’s that time of night where all my past failures start invading my mind without remorse

My faaaaavorite

In other news I’m tryna do one of those animatic meme things and it’s hard

StormC

Smash Hero
It’s late here but I finished my latest mario maker level. A recreation of the Mario party minigame a day at the races .
Check it out if you can!
CCL 0T2 STG
Just played it. It's a cute idea, but I wonder if it can be done without requiring you to run through and jump through all the blocks. In terms of player engagement it gets repetitive pretty fast, but if you can just let the player watch the race it might be more enjoyable (although Boo seemingly takes the win totally offscreen, at least in my playthrough).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just played it. It's a cute idea, but I wonder if it can be done without requiring you to run through and jump through all the blocks. In terms of player engagement it gets repetitive pretty fast, but if you can just let the player watch the race it might be more enjoyable (although Boo seemingly takes the win totally offscreen, at least in my playthrough).
Thanks!
The blocks are only there because if you run too far off screen the enemies will stop iirc. I might have to double check that. I know the buzzy and boo had points where they would vanish so I reworked it. The switches slow you down so that you should be able to just go by and watch the race without them leaving it. I did a few test runs and the outcome changes depending on how fast you run through, technically.

As when you arrive at the end you can make your own conclusion on who won first if you didn’t have the speed to see it go down. I thought this kind of worked out as a way to add that Mario party luck factor. In most run throughs, buzzy seemed to win, with boo also coming up first.

I added the detail of boo disappearing briefly because that was an actual move he would pull in the mini game in attempts to win. The ten coin at the end I also threw in as a nod to how many coins you get for winning a minigame.

Thanks for the feedback though, I’ve been trying to improve my skills while working on fun ideas. I’m going to play around with tracks tomorrow and see if the enemies truly disappear and if they do, what work around might work to allow the player to see the end no matter how fast or slow they go. If they don’t disappear I know what mechanic I can use to make players wait at the finish line

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This gif is representative of what's going to happen the very moment the mods wake up.

I know I probably shouldn't be responding to this but I just can't help it.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I look forward to the few of us online right now telling the morning people about this little feud. They should get a good chuckle out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Stadium 2 has a Rocket Grunt that's strategy is to have all their Pokemon use toxic and then just spam protect or detect.

What is this trash?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Stadium 2 has a Rocket Grunt that's strategy is to have all their Pokemon use toxic and then just spam protect or detect.

What is this trash?
It's toxic garbage, that's what it is.

:yeahboi:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Pryce "Don't rely on luck"

Pryce proceeds to beat me with critical hits.

Pryce "Because the odds are stucked against you ******"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Aye, what did I miss?

Something about Jigglypuff? Did we figure out Bord Theory?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
  • Doomguy from Doom
  • Jin Kazama from Tekken
Most of those guys aren’t super likely unless we get a 2nd season. I’d be curious to see which specific Tekken character he’d pick though.

I look forward to the few of us online right now telling the morning people about this little feud. They should get a good chuckle out of it.
What happened?

B7D8C52A-3B58-4129-B063-853C5B038EE3.jpeg

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Aye, what did I miss?

Something about Jigglypuff? Did we figure out Bord Theory?
I only faintly remember the details, but the person who we thought made the post replied and essentially said he doesn't know any of the new Smash content. He also said that a friend of his randomly posted the image of the bird, and that he himself wasn't really sure what it meant. It could've been a joke, but a certain user from SmashBoards (not saying who it is because it'll sound like I'm placing the blame on them, even though I'm just repeating what I remember) saw the image and shared it with other people, making a lot of the internet speculate on what the bird image could be when it actually could've had nothing to do with Smash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom