• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If you don't want to get quoted or tagged, just go to settings and turn notifications for them off.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Remember that one time and Higurashi where one of the main characters put needles inside of some red bean rice balls and the other MC atr and that scared you so much that you dont take food from strangers anynore?

Me niether

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
So on an related note. For everyone that's seen all three. Which of the MonsterVerse movies did you like the best?

TBH due to bias speaking I can't choose and like all three the same granted Kong: Skull Island I found to be more fun in terms of an giant monster romp as with King of the Monsters.

Though King of the Monsters made me appreciate the 2014 film more as what the Alien was to the 2014 film is what Aliens is to King of the Monsters.

That said though can't wait for Godzilla vs. Kong and best part about that is I have to wait for less then an year! :grin:
Godzilla is masterful, and my vote for the best. It is the least "fun" though, with its constant teasing and build-ups.
Skull Island is awesome. Colorful and has some really creative ideas while also being able to make me laugh a bit too.
King of the Monsters is a Showa-era Godzilla film with a huge American budget, and has all the strengths and weaknesses that entails. As a G-fan I love it to bits. Also adore the painting-esque way they frame the kaiju before the fights start.

All three are made by guys that love the franchise, and it shows. For that I love them all.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
>Disney might actually make a live-action Nightmare Before Christmas
>My mood right now:

I just...can't believe they might actually go this far.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I hope for Noipoi's sake DreamWorks never considers making an live-action HTTYD.

*Pictures live action Toothless*

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hulk vs Hulkbuster was great, but the whole thing with Scarlet Witch and Vision was just weird, and they can keep Vision dead lol.
I don't care that this was almost 50 minutes ago, I will NOT tolerate ****-talk about Scarlet Witch and Vision. That is straight out of the comics and part of my childhood when I was still reading those.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Guess who's back!

I know I said I was going to be back Tuesday but my work shift is going to be awful tomorrow so I decided I'd cut my little experiment short and make my return post today. For those who didn't hear, I felt like I was wasting a lot of time on social media and that fandom drama was constantly ruining my enjoyment of the things I liked, so I tried cutting myself off from it for a week (well 6 days I guess) to see how it'd effect me.

It pretty hard. A lot of the time I'd type "smashboards" or "reddit" into the address bar without thinking about it, but I'd catch and correct myself. It took a lot of self control to stay away from here though.

I'll be trying to be on Smashboards a little less now. Don't worry though, most of you won't notice the difference. I didn't post a ton before because I was often using my time on here to catch up with the thread, now I'm going to worry about being fully caught up less. I'll be cutting down my time spent on Reddit as well. I'll probably check out subreddits I like maybe once a day for fan art and maybe a killer meme or two but won't just mindlessly scroll through it when I'm bored anymore. Twitter was my least used form of social media of the three but it was the one that felt both the most mindnumbing and toxic, at least from my experience. Definitely cutting it out of my life for the most part.

As for what I did with the time I wasn't spending on social media...

- I went and caught a shiny Charmander (and interrupted my break to tell you guys).

- I bingewatched a show called The Dragon Prince. I probably never would have tried it if I hadn't barred myself from social media and I'm glad I did. I do think the CG animation can be a bit jarring but it serves its purpose during action scenes and most of the characters are really likable. It didn't blow my mind as the best show ever or anything but I'll be keeping an eye out for Season 3.

- I got Wolf into Elite Smash. I had actually been trying to get Ike and Ridley into there for a while to no avail but yesterday it just worked.

- It feels cheesy to say this but I did a little meditating during work breaks or while waiting at bus stops. I'm not spiritual by any meaning of the word but as I've mentioned before I'm kind of an anxious person, so clearing my mind and relaxing can help me feel a little less tense, at least in the short term.

I didn't try as many new things as I intended to but money is a little tight at the moment and even a 20$ indie game is looking pricey to me right now.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom