• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've been thinking about this for a while, but I think I'm going to try an experiment and avoid social media for a week. That includes Smashboards.

The reason I use website like these is because I want to talk about things I love, games shows or otherwise. And a lot of the time, that's what I get. But when everyone is being negative and emotional about something, be it a Grinch, a box, or a Pokemon Thanos snap, it takes a huge toll on me. It turns something I love into something I dread even thinking about. That's not healthy for me. I already have anxiety and mental health issues as is, and enjoying the things I love are how I cope.

Then there's just wasted time. This is less true for Smashboards, but when I scroll through Reddit or Twitter feeds I often do it mindlessly. In Smashboards are partake in interesting discussions more and partake in at least some degree of social interaction, but I'm not really getting anything mentally stimulating from those other sites. I'll definitely be returning to Smashboards but I'll probably (and hopefully) be cutting out those other sites almost in their entireties. So much time I waste there could be spent doing chores, or trying out games or shows I'll probably enjoy more then mindless scrolling.

You guys are still awesome though. I think I'll be sticking around for the rest of the day, then I'll log out again at midnight.

Anyway, before I disappear for a week, any movie, show or indie game recommendations? Bonus points if they're on Netflix. I wanna try some new things while I'm gone.
Wander over Yonder!
This is a good choice. If you also haven’t watched any other modern animated shows, I say give it a try. Gravity falls, star vs are good, regular show never got bad imo either.

If you want live action and like Syfi, I recommend the twilight zone reboot. It’s really good

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
While I got my dream character and could be content with it ending here, I feel like the potential for Ultimate is to continue as long as possible. As Sakurai said, if they make another game, there will likely be cuts. Which is why after the E3 2018 reveal of "everyone is here" made me hope they would use this as a base to continue as much as possible, before balancing becomes impossible. Why make a new one when you have everything?

That being said, after DLC started, I saw perhaps why--a new game gets better attention, and so it's more profitable to make a new one, even though you have the perfect setup to continue Ultimate as much as possible. I hope DLC sells well enough to get a season 2--Sakurai's statements make me think we were lucky getting a Fighter's Pass at all (thank you, thank you, thank you), so I'm doubtful, but hopeful.

(also, with Banjo & Kazooie, I'm set, and genuinely cannot ask for anything ever again--I feel this way simply for other's who would benefit from content beyond the Fighter's Pass)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I see they've finally added on to Weird, Fever and Chill.

Welcome aboard STD and Smallpox.
This isn't the first time new viruses we created: There's Dr. Luigi on Wii U (Magenta, Cyan, & a different Yellow) as well as Dr. Wario from the first WarioWare game (all different Red, Blue, & Yellow).

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
Back after a short trip. Can't believe that by tomorrow it'd have been one week since the Direct. Really shows how different time goes by when you are waiting for something compared to when you aren't.
Unrelated image but still wanted to share it.
shopping.jpg

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I've been thinking about this for a while, but I think I'm going to try an experiment and avoid social media for a week. That includes Smashboards.

The reason I use website like these is because I want to talk about things I love, games shows or otherwise. And a lot of the time, that's what I get. But when everyone is being negative and emotional about something, be it a Grinch, a box, or a Pokemon Thanos snap, it takes a huge toll on me. It turns something I love into something I dread even thinking about. That's not healthy for me. I already have anxiety and mental health issues as is, and enjoying the things I love are how I cope.

Then there's just wasted time. This is less true for Smashboards, but when I scroll through Reddit or Twitter feeds I often do it mindlessly. In Smashboards are partake in interesting discussions more and partake in at least some degree of social interaction, but I'm not really getting anything mentally stimulating from those other sites. I'll definitely be returning to Smashboards but I'll probably (and hopefully) be cutting out those other sites almost in their entireties. So much time I waste there could be spent doing chores, or trying out games or shows I'll probably enjoy more then mindless scrolling.

You guys are still awesome though. I think I'll be sticking around for the rest of the day, then I'll log out again at midnight.

Anyway, before I disappear for a week, any movie, show or indie game recommendations? Bonus points if they're on Netflix. I wanna try some new things while I'm gone.
Indie games? I say try Pyre, it's a bizarre game, the best way to explain it is a sports rpg about wizards playing ritualistic magical basketball for their salvation. Any of the games made by Supergiant are great in my opinion.

It also has absolutely beautiful art.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Back after a short trip. Can't believe that by tomorrow it'd have been one week since the Direct. Really shows how different time goes by when you are waiting for something compared to when you aren't.
View attachment 228480
Erdrick likes diced fruit? Headcanon ACCEPTED.

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 228480
The real reason Erdrick took his sweet ass time getting here.

He couldn't decide paper or plastic.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I see they've finally added on to Weird, Fever and Chill.

Welcome aboard STD and Smallpox.
It's STI thank you very much. He's past his disease days. Now he's all about infections and yeast.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Plot twist banjo doesn’t come with Minecraft content and said content was actually for fighters pass 2

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Y'all getting upset over Pokemongate.

My stepdad just lost his job.

Pft, amateurs.
my dad works at nintendo and he said banjo was in

edit: my dad got fired, dont know why

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I do wish we were able to get a stage or two outside of the Fighter's Pass. I love what they've done with those additional stages so far, but it'd be really nice to maybe get a stage or two back that we're missing like Pac-Maze, or something more complex like a Poke Floats 2, or even just something a little more out there like a proper Dr. Mario stage. I'm just slightly disappointed we don't get the chance for additional stages beyond the Fighter's Pass when there are still lots of great options for them.

That said, the game has 104 stages currently, will end with 108 and they have Stage Builder. I don't know if it really matters or not with all that in mind.

No but for real that was our main source of income holy **** I'm kinda scared rn
That's really rough. Hopefully your dad can find something new as quickly as possible and things can get back to normal as soon as possible. I don't know you super well or people in the social thread well in general, but I'm sure most people would at least be willing to listen to your concerns if need be. It's never an easy thing when the employment and money situations change for a family, but you can hope it ends up as painless as possible.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
oh man they finally assigned dorms, i hope i got a decent-

>the farthest away hall possible
>at least 15 minute walk to classes

the only perk is that it's right in front of a parking lot

Last edited by a moderator:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Everyone give me names for Animal Crossing if I get to name the Island
Not Gilligan’s Island

oh man they finally assigned dorms, i hope i got a decent-

>the farthest away hall possible
>at least 15 minute walk to classes

the only perk is that it's right in front of a parking lot
That’s one thing I felt like I missed out of the college experience. I immediately went into an apartment with my cousin who is a year older than me. And it wasn’t the crazy animal party scene that was around us and any behavior probably would of been reported straight to my parents by him. It wasn’t until my junior year that I was able to “live the college experience”. Which was probably better as I was older, more responsible, and more certain of my future than as a freshman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom