• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah man like,

Hero's cool and all

And Banjo's a bro

But can September get here asap so we can know character 4?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I see no way Morrigan gets picked over RE, Phoenix, or even Amaterasu. That seems to be a blindside pick.

If the female fighting game character is true I expect it to be another's company property.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So given the Season Pass so far. How would you guys rate it?

The fact it has Banjo makes it 10+/10 for me. I wouldn't care less about the others or whoever the last two are.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
DQXI S releases in September so...

I'll miss you mate.
Nice knowing you, lad. I win, or I win and lose.

I would legit be more than okay with Birdo being playable. The girl needs more spotlight.

Also Skelebros take priority over Frisk. If we ever got an Undertale newcomer it, let it be Sans or Paoyrus. That is obligatory.
How long would it take before some people call Birdo a shameless clone of Yoshi?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I see no way Morrigan gets picked over RE, Phoenix, or even Amaterasu. That seems to be a blindside pick.

If the female fighting game character is true I expect it to be another's company property.
Who do you think it would be?

I'd be intrigued if it were Nakoruru given the unique moveset and representation she could deliver.

Shroob

Sup?

The fact it has Banjo makes it 10+/10 for me. I wouldn't care less about the others or whoever the last two are.
Joker: Surprise/10. Didn't see it coming but it's somewhat obvious in hindsight with how much Sakurai took inspiration from P5's menu designs.

Hero: About damn time/10. We knew they were coming for 6 goddamn months. I'm just glad they finally came.

Banjo: Guh-huh/10

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
well, duh

nintendo's only got 1 real fighting game and unless its from ARMS or a smash original its obviously gonna be someone else

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well, that's your decision to make. If those 109 Pokemon aren't worth the purchase, don't buy it.

Regardless, Game Freak can't keep this up forever. Even if they could've added every Pokemon in this game, that doesn't change anything in the future. Sooner or later, fans will have to say goodbye to a few of their favorite Pokemon, and maybe Game Freak wanted to make that transition now to soften the blow later on.

I know I keep saying this, but fans are getting way too worked up over this. More importantly, I feel like they're antagonizing Game Freak to a point to where it's considered unappreciateive and downright hateful. Work on a Pokemon game yourself and see how easy it is.
Again, I'd be more willing to forgive Game Freak if they weren't going to lazily do everything else like always. They'll probably get what, another 4-5 Pokemon games out on Switch before they move on to whatever the next console will be assuming we get one every year like we have for the past decade? And they're more than likely not going to change the models while they remain on the same system? And from the sound of things, they're removing a whole bunch of stuff people like and the only really new mechanic seen is the Dynamax feature that has gone over pretty poorly.

They could have put in the extra effort and spent more time, making sure all previous Pokemon were available for the first mainline console entry. Then you'd only have to do minimal work on the Pokemon going forward. Just port them all over to the next entry because, again, Game Freak doesn't put in a ton of effort with these sorts of things anyway.

I'm fine with the idea if there is an actual trade-off that makes the games better. Stripping the franchise down of Pokemon and features needs to have some visible effect elsewhere in the game. And that's my personal biggest issue with Sw/Sh. I'm fine with us moving on from every Pokemon all the time, but it can't just be that they were unprepared for development on Switch and the entire franchise suffers the consequences of rushed development. There has got to be something more than what we saw at E3 to make up for that fact. It's like these Pokemon games have managed to do nothing of note or interest that has gone over well with the audience except for the overworld changing, and even that is hamstrung by the clear lack of polish in the graphics and environments. I'm down for the games if they shape up in the next 4 months... but I'm not counting on it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nah, you are all good.
I’m actually kinda not

I was so sure that’d I’d be somewhere far better at age 17 when I was younger, I was so sure that success would just fall into my lap. But it doesn’t work like that, it doesn’t just happen. You gotta make it happen.

I’m gonna make it happen

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I’m actually kinda not

I was so sure that’d I’d be somewhere far better at age 17 when I was younger, I was so sure that success would just fall into my lap. But it doesn’t work like that, it doesn’t just happen. You gotta make it happen.

I’m gonna make it happen
What sort of success are you looking for?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
the fact that you didnt mention nintendo was the point

they don't have one, so it's less expectation and more "no ****"
I was talking about Morrigan: who is owned by Capcom.

I was ruling out Capcom having the female fighting game character, thus it would have to be another company's property.

Shroob

Sup?
I was talking about Morrigan: who is owned by Capcom.

I was ruling out Capcom having the female fighting game character, thus it would have to be another company's property.
Don't get me wrong, I love Phoenix Wright as much as the next guy, but the only thing that Capcom has standing in her way in Resident Evil, let's be honest. Morrigan is just that character Capcom slaps into pretty much everything, unlike characters like Ammy or Wright who got cut.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
also the guy later said "like a fighting game character" so it could be a female character from another genre that fights as if she were in a fighting game

Noipoi

Howdy!
What sort of success are you looking for?
A stronger social life

A job

Getting closer to achieving my ultimate goal

Conquering my fear of leaving the goddamn house (thanks for that dad)

Gettin ready for college

A girlfriend maybe?

A life. I want a life

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Again, I'd be more willing to forgive Game Freak if they weren't going to lazily do everything else like always. They'll probably get what, another 4-5 Pokemon games out on Switch before they move on to whatever the next console will be assuming we get one every year like we have for the past decade? And they're more than likely not going to change the models while they remain on the same system? And from the sound of things, they're removing a whole bunch of stuff people like and the only really new mechanic seen is the Dynamax feature that has gone over pretty poorly.

They could have put in the extra effort and spent more time, making sure all previous Pokemon were available for the first mainline console entry. Then you'd only have to do minimal work on the Pokemon going forward. Just port them all over to the next entry because, again, Game Freak doesn't put in a ton of effort with these sorts of things anyway.

I'm fine with the idea if there is an actual trade-off that makes the games better. Stripping the franchise down of Pokemon and features needs to have some visible effect elsewhere in the game. And that's my personal biggest issue with Sw/Sh. I'm fine with us moving on from every Pokemon all the time, but it can't just be that they were unprepared for development on Switch and the entire franchise suffers the consequences of rushed development. There has got to be something more than what we saw at E3 to make up for that fact. It's like these Pokemon games have managed to do nothing of note or interest that has gone over well with the audience except for the overworld changing, and even that is hamstrung by the clear lack of polish in the graphics and environments. I'm down for the games if they shape up in the next 4 months... but I'm not counting on it.
You're right the developers have just been sitting up in HQ twiddling their thumbs this entire time. Not like they've been making their first HD world or anything.

Criticize the game all you want but I'm kind of tired of this "GF is lazy narrative". If they're doing something wrong, it's probably resource management issue, not a "they're lazy" issue.

But we're all angry with them so lazy is the word we wanna stick to.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

9/10

Banjo and Kazooie are awesome, but I really don't know much about Joker or The Hero and really don't care about the latter much at all.

The sheer amount of discussions pertaining to Erdrick and how guaranteed he was didn't help generate hype for me.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Just now, I had a dream in which Uncle amiibo became our last DLC fighter.

His entire moveset requires amiibo scans. And he instantly wins against amiibo.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
A stronger social life

A job

Getting closer to achieving my ultimate goal

Conquering my fear of leaving the goddamn house (thanks for that dad)

Gettin ready for college

A girlfriend maybe?

A life. I want a life
I feel like you're a lot like me. I'm waiting until I get to college to just sort of start over. But good on you for taking initiative.

Shroob

Sup?
I can't be the only one who still feels more comfortable calling him Erdrick, right?

I mean, technically it's not 'wrong' either.

Calling a character by name for 6 months in a row, it's hard to break that habit. :drshrug:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I can't be the only one who still feels more comfortable calling him Erdrick, right?

Calling a character by name for 6 months in a row, it's hard to break that habit. :drshrug:
I call him hero because he makes me think of shrek 2

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Don't get me wrong, I love Phoenix Wright as much as the next guy, but the only thing that Capcom has standing in her way in Resident Evil, let's be honest. Morrigan is just that character Capcom slaps into pretty much everything, unlike characters like Ammy or Wright who got cut.
Eh Wright still gets in a few gigs. Project X Zone 2 he was in, got a crossover with Layton, was a newcomer in Puzzle Fighter, appeared in Monster Hunter, etc. Mahvel is not a fair stick to beat him with.

Interestingly Amaterasu never seems to be involved in these, despite other Kamiya properties being there. Kind of sucks..

D

Deleted member

I’m actually kinda not

I’m gonna make it happen
Oh dang, my apologies.
I hope you make it happen.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Banjo & Kazooie alone makes the fighter pass 10/10 for me. On top of that, Joker is incredible, and Hero is such an iconic video game character as well. I can't wait to see what the last two additions are.

Shroob

Sup?
Eh Wright still gets in a few gigs. Project X Zone 2 he was in, got a crossover with Layton, was a newcomer in Puzzle Fighter, appeared in Monster Hunter, etc. Mahvel is not a fair stick to beat him with.

Interestingly Amaterasu never seems to be involved in these, despite other Kamiya properties being there. Kind of sucks..
Don't get it wrong.

I'd rather Wright over Morrigan myself, but

If it came out as

"Okay Capcom's getting a 4th character and it's not from Resident Evil", my finger's instantly pointing at Morrigan. She's in literally everything despite Darkstalkers being dead.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much you can call him whatever you want, its something common with DQ.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm starting to get cranky again.

I'm gonna log out and just lurk for a little bit. I'm not sure how much more of the Pokemon controversy I can take right now, and it's bleeds into this thread hard sometimes.

Don't know when I'll decide to log back in.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Don't get it wrong.

I'd rather Wright over Morrigan myself, but

If it came out as

"Okay Capcom's getting a 4th character and it's not from Resident Evil", my finger's instantly pointing at Morrigan. She's in literally everything despite Darkstalkers being dead.
She's in the crossover games that Capcom themselves make, but there's no real reason why Sakurai would choose her over other heavy hitters.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I personally call the hero “not the princess of moonbrooke”.

Because I secretly wanted to see her join the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom