• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Frisk or Kris or whatever-3-combination-letter-toby-fox-comes-up-with-in-3-years is a bit difficult to implement since especially in Undertale you were just a heart dodging attacks instead of using just a few variety of attacks
That's not even an issue. Frisk and especially Kris both have enough to create unique, plausible move sets. It's not tasking in the slightest.

D

Deleted member

At this point, Sans feels far more likely as a UT/DT Indie rep than Frisk, despite them being the protag of UT.

Sans is insanely popular in Japan, and is on the top of most ballots in general. I can't imagine Frisk being chosen over him.
Honestly, Sans would be much cooler than Frisk.
Frisk or Kris can have a creative move-set if you try, but Sans would be that character with a super fun moveset that blows everyone away.
I hope you are right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
We can discuss Undertale with toi:

Who is the best UT waifu and why it's Uriel?
As someone who’s played Undertale and Deltarune a fair amount of times I only have to say:

Whomst

you mean toriel right?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
At this point, I doubt anything that invests in Nintendo characters from specific series. It seems more to me that any character will represent a new series. I mean, after all, they do the "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate" X "Series/Game that new DLC character comes from"

So far we've got Persona 5, Dragon Quest XI S, and Banjo-Kazooie.

If they add Waluigi, it's literally back to "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Super Mario Bros". Or at least, in a game aiming to be the most ambitious crossover in gaming history...you end it with another Mario character, Mario spirits and...more Mario music?

That alone disconfirms that particular leak for me.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At this point, I doubt anything that invests in Nintendo characters from specific series. It seems more to me that any character will represent a new series. I mean, after all, they do the "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate" X "Series/Game that new DLC character comes from"

If they add Waluigi, it's literally back to "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Super Mario Bros". Or at least, in a game aiming to be the most ambitious crossover in gaming history...you end it with another Mario character, Mario spirits and...more Mario music?

I think that if they include more Individual DLC like Piranha Plant, they should at LEAST include music, if not a Stage. If it’s of an existing series, Spirits can be added later like the Awakening Remake Link.

Bandana Dee for example could bring along PROGRAM from Planet Robobot; Kasumi if she’s Jane could bring the P5R battle theme, Black Shadow NEEDS to come with both his and CF’s vocal themes from GX...

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

Smash Bros X Waluigi’s Taco Stand

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Fish Waifu also exists, but she’s gay, so the dudes are out of luck there

As for best husbando, I have only two words:

O H Y E S S S S S!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

I'm of the belief that the "Super Smash Bros X (insert series)" is only when there's a 3rd party franchise being added in.

Hence why that wasn't the case with Splatoon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I do not have an Undertale crush, but Papyrus is my favorite character.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I don't think it's that unlikely if they pull all the content from a single game. For example, "Super Smash Bros" X " Pokémon Sword & Shield" or "Super Smash Bros" X "Fire Emblem Three Houses".

At the very least, I feel like that would be more likely than us getting a character from any of the Nintendo franchises not already represented on the roster.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I thought any further Super Mario characters were as good as deconfirmed when we got Piranha Plant, to be honest.

I can see say, Three Houses or Sword and Shield getting a character, given how each game in their series comes with new main characters but they're very unlikely.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm of the belief that the "Super Smash Bros X (insert series)" is only when there's a 3rd party franchise being added in.

Hence why that wasn't the case with Splatoon.
Yep. Look at the August 8 Direct, it had X Castlevania after the Belmont trailer but no X Donkey Kong Country after the K. Rool one.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319

Exactly one of the reasons why I doubt first-party characters in this pass, it wouldn’t make any sense unless they’re separate DLC.

That reminds me, my biggest nitpick about the Hero besides having no female alts.

Why didn’t they use the general DQ logo when doing the Smash X “series” bit?

I know they were promoting a new but this a new universe in Smash entirely, they could’ve made it less obvious.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Exactly one of the reasons why I doubt first-party characters in this pass, it wouldn’t make any sense unless they’re separate DLC.

That reminds me, my biggest nitpick about the Hero besides having no female alts.

I know they were promoting a new but this a new universe in Smash entirely, they could’ve made it less obvious.
Same reason why we had Bayonetta 2 and Persona 5 even though there were content from other games, probably.

I don't think promotion has anything to do with it.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Man imagine adding a Nintendo character after people are discussing big hit third parties or Nintendo cousins.

I'd be let down, personally.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Man imagine adding a Nintendo character after people are discussing big hit third parties or Nintendo cousins.

What do you mean by “Nintendo cousins”?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Not all third-parties are guaranteed to be the big hits that fans are requesting. I can name several third-parties characters that would actually disappoint me.

Personally, I'd prefer Pokémon #11 over a third-party I didn't care for. The character itself is more important to me than adding someone from an unrepresented third-party franchise just for the heck of it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It is because it has the RubenCRM logo on it, and there is no need to promote RubenCRM as well.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That Undertale waifu business above.

I do not approve. >;T
But you do gotta admit Mettaton is the only correct choice for husbando right?

Don’t even try to deny it, darling~

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I really like Elma's design.
I could see why people want her in Smash Bros.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Personally, I'd prefer Pokémon #11 over a third-party I didn't care for.
Well, Metapod could have a very unique moveset
(sorry I had to...)

Anyway, I agree, I wouldn't be disappointed at all as long as the character is fun and unique enough.
I'm mostly a Nintendo fan, so I care very little of most of the third parties (but there are a couple that I would be hyped for, such as a Dark Souls or a Hollow Knight rep).

D

Deleted member

Today is a cursed day.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Today is a cursed day.
5.7 million subscribers is wack

makes me remember that FRED was the first dude to hit 1 million subs and i dont even think he was 18 yet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom