• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Just discovered emulators, or rather, using ROM emulators is illegal, but no one ever gets in trouble for it. Of course, I’m still paranoid about it, so I’m gonna try to get a N64 and Banjo Kazooie anyways because i’m a nerd.
Yeah, I dusted off my N64 recently given the hype. Problem is, someone stole all my games (except for Rugrats in Paris lul). I did own all the games on Xbox 360 as well, but that was stolen too. I'm debating on whether I should buy the N64 carts, get a cheap Xbox 360, wait for Rare Replay/Remastered BK & BT on Switch, wait for N64 classic, wait for Gamepass with Rare Replay on Switch or PC. Decisions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Got cast as this fella. I’m in love with his design and model.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Would anyone care for

A Dark Burger?

Its a healing item in Deltarune, nerd.
"I take one, sir."
4d0 (1).png

"Not that you will any in stock once I'm done with you."
GOGO-1.gif
GOGO-1.gif
GOGO-1.gif
GOGO-1.gif
GOGO-1.gif

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Alright, time to separate the Plebs from the Chads.

Who was the best Total Drama camper?
Best TD camper? Heather, and here's an essay explaining why.

Out of all the characters, she has the most interesting growth arc of any of the contestants, and it's done in the best way. Not only is she fun to watch, but in later seasons she stays true to being cunning while also toning down the evil and being willing to fit alongside the "heroes" of the season in order to take out the greatest threat.

In the first season, she's a conniving ice queen...and yeah, she's very easy to root against. But, her character is so conniving that it's to the point where it's FUN to root against her. She's a fun antagonist because of how over the top her plans can get, her ambition to win the competition at all costs, and how her voice actor brings out her evil side very well. And, her karmatic retribution in episode 24 is great for her elimination: her vanity is exposed more than ever and she's absolutely embarrassed, for all the times she backstabbed others and hurt them.

Now, in Action and World Tour we see different sides of Heather. We see how she CAN actually be nice, and we also see how she ends up becoming someone who IS rootable and becomes quite the likable anti-hero. In Action, she still has her moments of being mean...but she's closer to being snarky than full-on malicious. As an example: she knows that she can't have alliances with anyone because nobody trusts her anymore. However, instead of forcing people to be in an alliance with her like in Island, she does her best to roll with the punches. Like in the alien challenge episode, where she says to the cast "how about you walk beside me, without any alliance or bonds or anything like that. Let's just finish this challenge as a group" and the cast agrees. She knows what she can get away with and what she can't, and how she reigns in her domineering personality is something to behold. She's also really funny in Action (and World Tour), with some of the best confessionals out of the entire cast. She's even willing to work temporarily with Leshawna, which is something that would NEVER happen in Island. She still could be selfish, but her arrogance was deteriorating, and it was nice to see.

Then, World Tour happened. This is where I started fully rooting for her and she became my favorite character. When the big bad of the season, Alejandro, joins the cast, Heather is the ONLY person who says "I see RIGHT through that guy..." She KNOWS that while he's polite and respectful, he's a snake and will stop at nothing to win the game. Heather knows his true personality from the start and sees his facade coming from a mile away. I respect that a lot, especially when literally every other female on that season fell head over heels for Al. :rolleyes: Heather is smart, and she knows people's true natures right as she meets them. We also see how not only is she the only one who never trusts the main villain of that season (which makes me respect her gameplay on that season) but she also does a couple kind acts that...are very un-Heather-like...and it shows how she's becoming a nicer person. She still has plenty of snarky moments, but this time around she actually is willing to look out for others' well-being in the worst of times. Like, when Duncan cheated on Courtney with Gwen...who was the one to comfort Courtney? HEATHER was. Yeah, the main villain of the first season becomes the first person to comfort Courtney during the lowest point in her life...Island Heather would've never comforted one of her teammates when they're going through life drama...but WT Heather is different. Even with her ice queen persona, and how she can still be selfish and aggressive...she lifts up others when it counts. Another time when she takes a level in kindness is when she warns one of her arch-rivals, Leshawna, that Alejandro is not who he seems. Yeah, Heather bullied Leshawna in the past and treated her poorly...but in WT, it was different. Heather was trying to protect Leshawna; to help her avoid getting taken out by Al. Unfortunately, Leshawna got angry and didn't listen to Heather (even beat Heather up), and Leshawna was eliminated that very episode. She's also able to form a temporary pact with Cody in the finale in order to beat Alejandro. Cody was willing to work with her, and with how Cody gave her pep talks and Heather listened to him...it's crazy to think how meek Cody and cunning Heather got along so well. In the end, Heather is able to defeat Alejandro after one last trick...and Heather wins World Tour. She, who was a villain, goes from anti-hero in most of WT, to full-on hero in the finale...and takes out the main antagonist, avenging all who were taken out by Al in the season. It's a great arc, and it's unfortunate that Ezekiel stole her prize...but man, she's the one character I did a total 180 on, and she has to have the best character development of anyone because it was slow and gradual, but believable.

She also appeared in All-stars where she was able to gain respect from her competitors for once (due to how she won WT and how she's nicer and more of an anti-hero than a villain in newer seasons), and her and Alejandro forgive each other and end up in a relationship (which is hilarious, especially with how they're alike in a few ways) but that's all I have to say because 1.) Heather leaves semi-early, and 2.) All-Stars sucks.

Heather is the best total drama camper because she has the best character development, she's one of the only campers to have consistent, solid character development...and her arc is beautiful. From queen bee to Alejandro's achilles heel, from big bad to the one who avenged all taken out by the big bad...it's Heather, the best character on the show.
This was my TEDTalk, thank you and have a good night. :p

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Imagine humanity finding the will to survive so they can create this and charge $8.99 not including tax and tip.

imagine humanity persisting in spite of global warming just so japan could create a restaurant where you eat out of a toilet bowl

1560694327497.png

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
imagine humanity persisting in spite of global warming just so japan could create a restaurant where you eat out of a toilet bowl

[snip]
I actually learned about that restaurant from this TV series on the world’s weirdest restaurants a while back

There was also one in I think Thailand where the waiters deliver your food to you on a zip line

I read something about a Waluigi leak in the last few pages. What was that about?
Probably a loz18/Dante in Smash situation where the leaker has legit info but then throws in intentionally fake info to **** with us

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Drought?

Banjo is yellow on the site.

Color Theory chromfirmed.
Expect a blue character and an orange character now!

:mybodyisreggie:
Got it. Mega Man X or Sub-Zero confirmed. We're looking good fam.

Also Crash, that's neat too.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Humanity found a way to cure century-old diseases? Better nerf Greninja.
Rip Froggy ;-;

That series I mentioned earlier also had two more weird joints in Japan: a prison-themed place that had a wasabi roulette challenge, and a - and Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo would love this - a BUTLER cafe where the boys serving you sing, I think some of them are actually part of a J-Pop male idol unit

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, I saw the leak, and it had Frisk from Undertale in it. Like that would ever happen.
To be fair

Deltarune had that line close to the end of the game where Toriel mentions a “Super Smashing Fighters” but it’s probably just a coincidence as the game was close to release when Deltarune Chapter 1 became available

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
At this point, Sans feels far more likely as a UT/DT Indie rep than Frisk, despite them being the protag of UT.

Sans is insanely popular in Japan, and is on the top of most ballots in general. I can't imagine Frisk being chosen over him.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
At this point, Sans feels far more likely as a UT/DT Indie rep than Frisk, despite them being the protag of UT.

Sans is insanely popular in Japan, and is on the top of most ballots in general. I can't imagine Frisk being chosen over him.
Hero got in over Slime, so I could see Frisk being chosen over Sans if Sakurai thought it would be a better way to represent Undertale.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hero got in over Slime, so I could see Frisk being chosen over Sans if Sakurai thought it would be a better way to represent Undertale.
Sans was used in commercializing Undertale with Papyrus back when Undertale was being kickstarted.

He was already representing his series before Frisk did.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You guys want burgers?

Don’t worry, I got’cha covered.
sad that he has to work minimum wage smh

The Hero isn't really as tasking to put in the game as Slime. Hell, he stole a good portion of moves just to get in the game.

Frisk or Kris or whatever-3-combination-letter-toby-fox-comes-up-with-in-3-years is a bit difficult to implement since especially in Undertale you were just a heart dodging attacks instead of using just a few variety of attacks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom