• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
dude i doubt we're gonna get fire emblem characters unless we cut the roster size down by half to appease redneck american boys who love guns more than swords.

no wonder people wanted k. rool with that busted blunderbuss
Who needs swords when you have the Ballistican class?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
dude i doubt we're gonna get fire emblem characters unless we cut the roster size down by half to appease redneck american boys who love guns more than swords.

I doubt it too.
I don't think a single person on this planet thinks we're ever getting another Fire Emblem character except in the case of a total roster rework from the bottom up.

Well, unless it's a 3 Houses character which would be such a blatant shill-pick to follow up 3 relatively well received characters, I would honestly reconsider buying DLC for Smash ever again.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace

It's highly probable we're not getting any representation of franchises already in Smash in this DLC pack. Our last two fighters are from new franchises, that's the most likely outcome.
This is why any leaks saying Waluigi are likely false. Not even because he's already an AT, but simply because of that probability.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This is why any leaks saying Waluigi are likely false. Not even because he's already an AT, but simply because of that probability.
anyone who thinks he has a legitimate chance as of right now is on some cray cray juice

first parties aren't out of the loop either though, bandana dee and porky still missing

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
anyone who thinks he has a legitimate chance as of right now is on some cray cray juice

first parties aren't out of the loop either though, bandana dee and porky still missing
If you mean spirit wise, dee has one sadly. And it’s not even a legendary

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh boy Fire Emblem shill rep talk.

I wanna make a bet. If we get a Three Houses character as DLC, I'm changing my user name to "ɔɐɯɥɔɐZ" and I'm flipping my avatar upside down for a month.

...Actually now that I said that I kinda want to do it anyway.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
This image speak to me alot.

Also, hi there.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I honestly thought the trailer for banjo was about to be porky with how it opened, since it was all villain based
I'll be honest, I am a Porky shill. Doesn't mean he's my fan favorite, but I think he's got the most favorable chances of a 1st party right now.

After all the codenames being real, I've succumbed to the madness. He'll probably be the only DLC character I don't feel meh about considering he's probably the most ****ed up villain in all of Nintendo. Not even Ridley matches up to this ************.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'll be honest, I am a Porky shill. Doesn't mean he's my fan favorite, but I think he's got the most favorable chances of a 1st party right now.

After all the codenames being real, I've succumbed to the madness. He'll probably be the only DLC character I don't feel meh about considering he's probably the most ****ed up villain in all of Nintendo. Not even Ridley matches up to this ************.
It would definitely be pretty hype to have him. More villains is always great and porky has pretty much every checked marked for what makes a good and fun fighter imo. His only problem is that earthbound/mother are so old now and was never fully ported to the states. It has pretty big demand for a release but I don’t think Sakurai sees that as a reason to include a character from it again. Although considering the time the pass was made, mother 3 was getting huge fan demand so maybe Nintendo suggested porky assuming they didn’t just have third parties on their suggestions list. Which I don’t know how likely that is but you never know.

I think he probably does have the best chance out of most if not all strong candidates from Nintendo ips atm.

I’d love to see him.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
His only problem is that earthbound/mother are so old now and was never fully ported to the states.
i dont think nuts n bolts even came to japan though

didnt stop banjo

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Trying to beat Xenoblade 2 before I get my hands on Crash Nitro-Fueled.

Question to those who have beaten the game: I'm in chapter 5 and I just arrived at the Indoline Sanctum. In other words I...

...just beat Zeke for the 3rd time.

At this point how close am I to beating the main story and do you think it's doable by next Sunday?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People are dreading a Three Houses character but Edelgard would absolutely be my most hyped character in the DLC set depending on who the fifth character is.

Three Houses hype is real, man.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We y'all. It's off to home I go tomorrow as my trip has ended. I'll join in again when I get to the airport in Toronto.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Question to those who have beaten the game: I'm in chapter 5 and I just arrived at the Indoline Sanctum. In other words I...

At this point how close am I to beating the main story and do you think it's doable by next Sunday?
You're close to reaching the halfway point of the story.

As for it being doable for next Sunday, well...if you ignore the sidequest and go straight where the plot need you, maybe? You might run the risk to being underleved in some places (unless you're already overlevel) and there is gonig to be lots of cutscenes, but otherwise, if you put alot of time into it, yeah, you should be able to do it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

HAHAHA hell no dude.

It's gonna take you way longer than that unless you plan on some serious crunch, dude. Ignore the sidequests and aimless wandering and try to push yourself towards story completion if you're gonna try it.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
You're close to reaching the halfway point of the story.

As for it being doable for next Sunday, well...if you ignore the sidequest and go straight where the plot need you, maybe? You might run the risk to being underleved in some places (unless you're already overlevel) and there is gonig to be lots of cutscenes, but otherwise, if you put alot of time into it, yeah, you should be able to do it.
HAHAHA hell no dude.

It's gonna take you way longer than that unless you plan on some serious crunch, dude. Ignore the sidequests and aimless wandering and try to push yourself towards story completion if you're gonna try it.
I was planning to do a few sidequests and get a few additional blades, so since I'm still very far from the end I guess I'll just take my time with it and get back to it sometime after Nitro-Fueled. Thanks.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I was planning to do a few sidequests and get a few additional blades, so since I'm still very far from the end I guess I'll just take my time with it and get back to it sometime after Nitro-Fueled. Thanks.
Alrighty, hope you have a good time, pal.:4pacman:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
We know only 3 out of 5 DLC characters, but how would you all rate the fighters pass so far?
I'd rate the Fighter's Pass, as of right now at least, an incredibly solid 8.5/10. I'm honestly pretty easy to please when it comes to Smash and there are very few characters I'm going to have a problem with in Smash as long as they're video game characters and don't come from mobile. Here's my rankings for each character (again, as of now, keeping in mind that Packs 2 and 3 still need to come out and show me all of their content):

Joker - 9/10 - I was a huge Persona 4 Golden fan before he dropped in December, so I was super excited to see Persona in Smash. I'm just now getting to my playthrough of Persona 5 on my PS4, but I adore it even more than 4 and it has made Joker's inclusion even sweeter. I love how much care and effort went in to realizing not just Joker as a fighter, but in to representing Persona properly as a series. Sakurai managed to make Mementos an actually super intriguing and well done stage. The changes to background with the specific Persona game makes it feel complete in a sense. The music of Persona has always been to die for, so I love having more or less 11 tracks of pure bliss added to the game. The victory screens are also excellent and sell the representation of Persona as well. His move set really suits me too, and I love playing him. I think the rebellion gauge is an interesting mechanic and so many of his moves really are taken straight from everything he does in Persona 5. He really only looses a point because I do wish he had more to do with the move set and that we had seen a Persona besides Arsene in some fashion, but again, he and the surrounding content I find incredible.

Hero - 8/10 - I've thought for a little while that Dragon Quest was one of, if not the main, missing IPs from Smash. Ever since Final Fantasy got in, Dragon Quest has felt like a series that needed to come next from Square Enix (Despite my love of other characters). Much like with Joker and Persona, it seems Sakurai has gone above and beyond in representing Dragon Quest as a whole. Including characters from 3, 4, 8, and 11 is incredible since those are often the games to get the most recognition in the series. It's a beautiful way to ensure Dragon Quest fans of all shapes and sizes get a chance at seeing their character. The magic menu interests me greatly and I'm happy to see that Sakurai went out of his way to make them more unique. I also really enjoy Dragon Quest music, so I'm hopeful we'll see some great stuff there. That said, we haven't really seen much at all of Hero's stage, and while the magic does look cool, I need to see more of how it really operates in gameplay. So far, so good though.

Banjo Kazooie - 9/10 - Banjo Kazooie was straight up one of my most wanted characters because I love the original N64 game and love the idea of these lost N64 icons coming home to Nintendo. I spent so long convinced it wasn't going to happen, and I'm so happy to see them so faithfully recreated and properly designed for Smash. Much like Joker, all of their attacks make sense and seem to be taken straight from the games. I was afraid they might not be too unique, but Sakurai seems to have really done the job of making them look intriguing. I still need to see more of their moves before I make those final judgments. I'm also confused as to how Spiral Mountain will work as a stage based upon what we saw and it seems a little small. That said, Grant Kirkhope's new remix is incredible and I'm giving them higher marks than maybe I should because they mean a lot to me just to be in.

So, yeah, I'm overall very positive on the pass so far. Much like with base Ultimate, I'm continually impressed by what Sakurai has done with Smash recently. I do think I need to see more of Hero and Banjo Kazooie to give them more fair ratings like Joker (Who I think gains a solid point just from the content surrounding him), but they both made incredibly solid first impressions from E3. I hope the rest of the Fighter's Pass can keep this up. Like I said, there's little that can be done wrong with Smash at this point it seems to me.

Smash 4's DLC, or Ultimate's DLC, so far?
Ultimate's DLC by a landslide. I quite enjoy the selections of Smash 4's DLC, but the content was lacking in some areas with those characters and while I really wanted Mewtwo back as one of my most wanted characters from that era, 3 of the 7 were returning veterans. Smash 4's DLC just felt like it lacked polish in a lot of areas. Only having two songs with Final Fantasy definitely sticks out as something that I wish they'd gone further on and I don't know if it's just the bull**** surrounding FF music causing the problem indefinitely, or just the limited budget for it. Corrin probably could have used a stage to accompany them. Cloud and Bayonetta were also ridiculously broken for the meta. And really, none of the three new stages were super impressive. Sukazuki Castle is just kind of alright. Umbra Clock Tower looks cooler than it actually plays (though, Bayonetta music is top notch), Midgar feels a little uninspired and is also hurt by the lack of additional tracks (I do love the summons though). And I just have never been super keen on Street Fighter personally, even if it makes lot of sense. So lots of little points off of Smash 4's DLC.

But Ultimate feels all around like a step above and beyond what we've previously seen. Each of the three characters has something special about them that shows so much effort like Joker's unique victory screens and stage representing the series, Hero's alts from the games and pure Dragon Quest fan service, and Banjo Kazooie kind of speak for themselves, but getting Grant Kirkhope back specifically to do a remix also really speaks to a level of dedication on the DLC. Like I said earlier, I also really adore Mementos and the music all around seems great so far. I also really appreciate that these characters also get dedicated Classic Mode routes and Spirit Boards with their release. Overall, it just seems like such a step up from Smash 4 in both quality and content beyond even who has been picked.

It also helps that Ultimate picks two new characters I have a much greater relationship to than Smash 4 which really only had Mewtwo and a more distant Bayonetta. Cloud is great, but at the time I really didn't have much of a connection to him.

Shroob

Sup?
Untitled.png

Feels good finally having common sense validated instead of stretches like "What if it's a personality trait?!"

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I mean, unless they add Banjo's early files in with Hero, we won't even know what his codename is tbh.
moreso that i can only assume he'll still be using his development codename--if there is one--when he ultimately releases in autumn, much like how joker/arsene are still known internally as jack/doyle - it'll be more of a curiosity thing by then than any kind of proof towards anything

i guess 'brave' might still be a loose codename by how a more direct translation (e.g. 'pakkun') would have made it 'yuusha' - it obscures it only slightly

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
People are dreading a Three Houses character but Edelgard would absolutely be my most hyped character in the DLC set depending on who the fifth character is.

To each their own.

Among characters in the Nintendo games coming up before February, I think I'd rather have Polterpup haha. Or at least... Polterpup as an assist trophy. I'm still very sad that didn't end up happening.

Shroob

Sup?

I 'unno man.

The way they handled the reveals and ongoing rolling out of info for 3 Houses kinda had the reverse effect for me. I kinda WANTED a stupid magical school Fire Emblem game, but they pulled a sneaky and that's only a small fraction of the game with the rest focusing on grimdark war and human experimentation. I just wanted my Fire Emblem: Hogwarts Edition, man. I'm happy we're getting some serious **** that doesn't look pants on head stupid like Fate's plot, but you can't just pull the "It's a school game! JK it's barely that at all and there's lots of ****ed up ****!

My expectations were subverted, but that's not a good thing when I was excited for what you were showing to begin with. I don't want another Fates but, c'mon man, Fire Emblem Hogwarts sounded fun, but that's only a small, SMALL, like, 25% of the game small, fraction of the game, with the rest being "THEY WERE FRIENDS, ISN'T THIS SOO TRAGIC THAT THEY'RE FIGHTING NOW?! FEEL EMOTIONS!"

If I wanted that, I'd play literally any SMT mainline game.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Oh, we got a fake leak?

Someone gimme a tl;dr of it rq?
A Discord mentions them getting the Smash characters right in the DM along with a Breath of the Wild sequel, with a lot of detail, and then just mentions the next two characters being Frisk (Undertale) and Waluigi, lacking the details you'd expect for someone 100% sure about it. Also they somehow knew of the Breath of the Wild sequel despite (from what I heard) Nintendo cutting it out of earlier press screenings. :rotfl:

What I find more interesting is--was I the only one who expected a Breath of the Wild tease? It seemed to catch a lot of people off guard. Just makes sense given the timing.

Shroob

Sup?
A Discord mentions them getting the Smash characters right in the DM along with a Breath of the Wild sequel, with a lot of detail, and then just mentions the next two characters being Frisk (Undertale) and Waluigi, lacking the details you'd expect for someone 100% sure about it. Also they somehow knew of the Breath of the Wild sequel despite (from what I heard) Nintendo cutting it out of earlier press screenings. :rotfl:

What I find more interesting is--was I the only one who expected a Breath of the Wild tease? It seemed to catch a lot of people off guard. Just makes sense given the timing.
I'll believe an Indie character when I see it.

This leak's obviously fake but, hey, it's bold to pick two characters that are unique(not happening) at the very least.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
No

Finish it, then get to the racing game. Xenoblade is more important

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Sounds like they only knew the contents of E3 and crammed in the two other DLC characters just to mess with people, in an loz18 fashion

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Sounds like they only knew the contents of E3 and crammed in the two other DLC characters just to mess with people, in an loz18 fashion
I could see that happening, or faked after the fact. I'm leaning towards the latter since even the press didn't know about BOTW sequel, having seen the rest of the Direct.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I could see that happening, or faked after the fact. I'm leaning towards the latter since even the press didn't know about BOTW sequel, having seen the rest of the Direct.
Oh wait yeah, it's most likely the latter.

I glossed over the the Zelda part for some reason lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom