• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I am Ralsei, Prince of The Fluffs! ÒwÓ
I guess you can say you are "Riolu".
( Riolu rhymes with Riooloo or something similar to that. I am sorry. )

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Waluigi as the final DLC character would be wonderful beyond words. Waaanderful, even.
untitled.png

He probably planned this out pre-release. No chance in hell.

A Season 2 confirm though? I'm revving up the Waluigi trains and the Scorpion submarine

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
People honestly need to accept that Waluigi will have to wait unti Smash 6 to be playable. Assists aren't getting upgrades given how much time, effort and work that would take.

Given the backlash and outcry. Waluigi is a guaranteed lock for the next game. That I can promise you guys.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People honestly need to accept that Waluigi will have to wait unti Smash 6 to be playable. Assists aren't getting upgrades given how much time, effort and work that would take.
implying joker didn't steal waluigi's invitation

also denying the plausibility of a second season is ludicrous. by that point, everyone should become fair game.

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
>uses paper mario like he doesn't have as spirit

boy are you blind

i have 0 hope for anything anymore and i've accepted that i wasted 25 dollars

unless those last filenames are dragon and slayer i give no single **** of anyone plausible who walks through that door
Oh dear, please forgive for not remembering a character was a spirit. Whatever shall I do? Should I exile myself for such ignorance. No, too light a punishment. Death by hanging it is.

On a more serious note, who hurt you?
The DLC characters we’ve gotten haven’t been bad choices.

Who were you expecting exactly?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh dear, please forgive for not remembering a character was a spirit. Whatever shall I do? Should I exile myself for such ignorance. No, too light a punishment. Death by hanging it is.
why you taking it so serious bro lol

On a more serious note, who hurt you?
is this supposed to cut deep or something

The DLC characters we’ve gotten haven’t been bad choices.

Who were you expecting exactly?
there are no objectively good or bad decisions, it's all subjective to the buyer

also i made this like 1 year ago but all you need to do is replace mach rider with scorpion and everything is the same

1560661890348.png

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Given the backlash and outcry. Waluigi is a guaranteed lock for the next game. That I can promise you guys.
I don't think anyone with a spirit is getting in but that doesn't mean we can't entertain the possibility. No need to be so anal with the "see the truth and shut up" attitude, dude.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't think anyone with a spirit is getting in but that doesn't mean we can't entertain the possibility. No need to be so anal with the "see the truth and shut up" attitude, dude.
I didn't mean to come across that way but there's also a difference between spirits and assists given the latter has animation gameplay showing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Plot twist.

Waluigi was never considered. ;p
1560662122617.png

and you'd think banjo supporters would understand the pain of being a never ever

I didn't mean to come across that way but there's also a difference between spirits and assists given the latter has animation gameplay showing.
just because it's never been done before doesn't mean that it cant be done

hell, chrom is a living retcon to this rule you made up as we speak

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And in theory they can just be turned off while the character is in a fight, like how Palkia can't show up on Spear Pillar and Alucard can't spawn in Wii Fit Studio. The workaround already exists.

The fact that each character needs to come with their own Spirit Board is a MUCH bigger limiting factor.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And in theory they can just be turned off while the character is in a fight, like how Palkia can't show up on Spear Pillar and Alucard can't spawn in Wii Fit Studio. The workaround already exists.

The fact that each character needs to come with their own Spirit Board is a MUCH bigger limiting factor.
It's not too difficult if you know where to look and what to grab for the theme of the character. For example, Porky and Bandana Dee are easy to splash in some Spirits for. Waluigi is a bit of a wild card though, I'd need a whole hour to organize some **** on what could be plausible.

image.gif

ddr spirit tho

D

Deleted member

You know fellas, what if instead of Waluigi we get a Mysterious Fighter Wah? As in totally not Waluigi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Michael we've had this whole argument like 4 times within the past year
You ALL have had this arguement more than four different times. Every time this logic is highlighted, everyone is either "oh that wouldn't work" or "gee that's a good idea".

It don't stick.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Waluigi's spirit board is literally just alts of himself, because that's the most waluigi thing to do.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You ALL have had this arguement more than four different times. Every time this logic is highlighted, everyone is either "oh that wouldn't work" or "gee that's a good idea".

It don't stick.
I mean there's a lot of people on the waiting list that fans are crying for.

Waluigi, Shadow the Edgehog, Isaac, Geno who is forever in purgatory because "a-a-all 3rd parties have to be balanced no more square reps sorry!!" or whatever excuse people use.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Does anyone have a strong feeling towards who the final two DLC characters will be?

Also, do you think a 2nd Fighter Pass will happen?

I think the final 2 DLC characters are Heihachi and Monster Hunter.

If we get a 2nd Fighter Pass I think some likely candidates are a Resident Evil character, Sora, Paper Mario, A Sword and Shield Pokémon, someone from Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Dante, and Travis Touchdown.

If Spirits aren’t off the table then maybe Shantae, Geno, and Rex & Pyra.

Thoughts?
Leon and Jill, and then A Dark Souls Rep. That's my predictions.
Waluigi as the final DLC character would be wonderful beyond words. Waaanderful, even.

And while Frisk isn't my first choice for Undertale, we'd get music and a stage and that's fantastic.
Megalovania smash remix would be so hype to see. I'd be down for Undertale getting in just for that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
and then A Dark Souls Rep.
this one is always hit or miss with people. it's either always on it or off it

honestly dark souls rep sounds kinda hype, but who they gonna use?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Not that'd happen, but in the case of Mega Man X, they could make spirits of his various armors like for Samus' suits or Maverick bosses like Storm Eagle or Magma Dragoon since they have a bunch of Classic Robot Masters. Or the Net Navi equivalents of those characters in the case of Mega Man .EXE, on top of the Gregar and Falzar forms or Style Changes.

For Paper Mario, There should be a handful of paper versions of enemies, bosses or partners that can still be used.

Maybe Alucard can get a few of the more obscure CV enemies if he somehow pulled the playable assist thing instead of the WAH.

I don't expect that to happen, but if we ever get another ballot, I guess potential spirits is something to consider. Though I'd just vote for my favorites anyway.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For a Waluigi board though some ideas.

Waluigi's Go Kart, tiny Piranha plant, Walugi's racket, Other sports items that give various items when used, take some spirits from Mario Party 3 for him. Music Keys for DDR, Bwaluigi, and Bwario.

Its hard to think of them, but those are some off the top of my head.

My guess would be chosen undead first, solaire second.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My guess would be chosen undead first
was thinking the same but the chosen undead can just be any class

wouldnt he just end up being something similar to the DQ Hero? inb4 they just give him bloodborne gimmicks even though wrong game

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Probably an amalgam character like Hero except it's the Undead Knights that get featured in the cover-art. They can use sword n board but do **** with miracles and pyromancy.
With like, the 4th guy being Solaire.

That or the ever popular boss character, Artorias.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Probably Chosen Undead with set armors to wear. DS1 and DS2 have their cover armors, I can't remember if DS3 reused the one from the first game or not.

wouldnt he just end up being something similar to the DQ Hero? inb4 they just give him bloodborne gimmicks even though wrong game
That could be a problem. Maybe give them a giant club? And something like Thunder Paper to have a temp boost or every attack that uses the weapon. That's an issue I have trying to think up stuff for avatar characters, unless they have set powers, where to start and stop can be a bit tricky.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Probably Chosen Undead with set armors to wear. DS1 and DS2 have their cover armors, I can't remember if DS3 reused the one from the first game or not.

That could be a problem. Maybe give them a giant club? And something like Thunder Paper to have a temp boost or every attack that uses the weapon. That's an issue I have trying to think up stuff for avatar characters, unless they have set powers, where to start and stop can be a tricky?
Dark Souls 3 has its own cover set, but it's not exactly something people use because it's associated closely with another character.

Instead most of the community and marketing make the main guy the default Knight set you get.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given what's been said I can say Waluigi may still have a decent shot in getting in. Still not expecting it to happen but won't rule it out now.

Only thing is I dont think it'd be fair he gets in while other wants like Isaac, Ashley, Shadow and Skull Kid doesn't.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Given what's been said I can say Waluigi may still have a decent shot in getting in. Still not expecting it to happen but won't rule it out now.

Only thing is I dont think it'd be fair he gets in while other wants like Isaac, Ashley, Shadow and Skull Kid doesn't.
That logic applies to all assist trophies.
Inevitably some people are happy and some people aren't. There's only so much time, money, and manpower to spare.

Besides, we all know which assist trophy would be coolest one to put in.
lyn critical.gif

LYN GANG RISE THE **** UP.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That could be a problem. Maybe give them a giant club? And something like Thunder Paper to have a temp boost or every attack that uses the weapon. That's an issue I have trying to think up stuff for avatar characters, unless they have set powers, where to start and stop can be a tricky?
black fire bomb spam to speedrun through matches tbh

links bombs got nothing on these

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch only one assist gets the upgrade and it ends up being Lyn.

The wah would be louder then ever as Lyn fans rejoice. :p

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Besides, we all know which assist trophy would be coolest one to put in.
I'm right with ya.

1560664331148.png

The Lyn fans and Sakurai get mobbed because it's another Fire Emblem character.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If Assists ever got out of purgatory, Bomberman would be my top choice. Dude's bombs are fairly unique just using the standard ones. Shovel Knight would be my 2nd choice. That game is fantastic.

If someone else pulls a Chrom, we're back to Mega Man shilling. Maybe Fiora shilling too if more than one person got to get a salty runback.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
dude i dont care who says what

im still flexing on the fact that i totally called guile being an assist trophy since day 1

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
why you taking it so serious bro lol

is this supposed to cut deep or something

there are no objectively good or bad decisions, it's all subjective to the buyer

also i made this like 1 year ago but all you need to do is replace mach rider with scorpion and everything is the same

View attachment 228159
I was being sarcastic with the whole “Death by hanging” thing. You just seemed real upset that I forgot that Paper Mario was a spirit.

It’s not that serious. It’s a video game. I see your choices for DLC though. Ryu and Travis would be choice.

Honestly, my top 5 wanted were Sora, Paper Mario, Galar Pokémon Trainer, Cooking Mama, and Monster Hunter. So I can see what you’re saying about the character choices being subjective.

I mean, hell, I want Cooking Mama.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I'd be surprised.

Sakurai clearly thinks she's just another sword user from Fire Emblem despite, y'know having clearly different animations, being the most popular female lord, and representative of the first globally released Fire Emblem game.

But who even cares about that, let's put in Byleth or whatever. Clearly we're not above characters purely based on muh moveset potential.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I could see the same concept, but there's definitely a variety of stuff to differentiate it, which I see I've been beaten too. They could always take some inspiration for other parts of the franchise too if they really wanted to. Although I would guess they probably stick to the basic concept and go all out on whatever character that gets in can do. They seem to be putting a lot of thought and effort into each DLC pick so if Dark Souls got in I'm sure a solid plan of action was created beforehand to flesh everything out.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'd be surprised.

Sakurai clearly thinks she's just another sword user from Fire Emblem despite, y'know having clearly different animations, being the most popular female lord, and representative of the first globally released Fire Emblem game.

But who even cares about that, let's put in Byleth or whatever. Clearly we're not above characters purely based on muh moveset potential.
dude i doubt we're gonna get fire emblem characters unless we cut the roster size down by half to appease redneck american boys who love guns more than swords.

no wonder people wanted k. rool with that busted blunderbuss

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I'm shocked people are even giving any credence to an obviously fake Discord message.
I'm impressed at the idea of a fake leak Discord message though. Quite the clever trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom