• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not sure how I'd rate the DLC, when only one's been playable. On a character basis, DQ makes sense, Banjo's something a lot of people in the western market wanted, and Joker at least looks interesting.

Granted, none of these are series I grew attached to like Metroid or Tekken, so I'm not as ecstatic as others, but I am happy for them.

Of the three, I'm willing to play Banjo the most, but I think I'll wait for the other 2 DLC characters and maybe buy the whole pass at once. Can't wait for all the DBZ and/or Crono mods for Hero/Erdrick though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
We rating the Fighters Pass characters? Aight!

Joker
5/10
I know nothing about Persona series nor do I have interest in trying it. Joker doesn't seem to be an interesting character to me and playing as him didn't really change that.

Hero
6/10
Like Joker, I know nothing about Dragon Quest and have no interest in trying it. However, his moveset was very intriguing and loved the whole mana mechanic (especially the Kamikaze move). The four character alts is pretty neat too (I guess I'll go with Eight)

Banjo & Kazooie
10/10
I'll be honest: My expectations for characters I wanted in the Fighters Pass were insultingly low since it was announced. Even with the reliable sources days prior to E3, for years I thought B-K was never going to happen thanks to having to deal with Microsoft. I was aware of Phil Spenser saying they'd be no problems since 2015 and Nintendo's strong relationship as the years went on but that didn't change my mind. So I lost my **** when Guh-Huh was shown (making it a King K. Rool trailer parody was icing on the cake).

Banjo & Kazooie is definitely the highlight of my Fighters pass purchase right now and I *almost* don't care who the reaming two are now (though Balloon Fighter and/or Shantae would be kewl).

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. I just found out they’re charging FULL PRICE for the new Mario and Sonic game. $60! For a sports themed mini game collection with Mario and Sonic! That’s ****ing rediculous!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't think I can really rate any of the current three DLC characters fairly as I have no real personal attachment towards any of them myself.
I haven't really played much with Joker, did his Classic mode, a couple vs matches and he's just been there in the roster ever since, his stage and music was nice though. I'd imagine the same would probably go for the other two as well. I'm happy for their fans though, and maybe I should try the Banjo Kazooie games one of these days at least....

I might play a bit with the Hero and his DQ VIII alt though since he's the closest thing to Level-5 having a rep in Smash for now....

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright! I can say for sure now that I have started a new OC sprite! Stay tuned for when I have something to show for.:dr-_-:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I said New horizons might ne the first game I dont time traval bit then I said "Who am I kidding, Ill find a way" Because I love Time traveling in Animal Crossing and a person just replied with a faceplam pff. No explanation, just facepalm

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Ok. I just found out they’re charging FULL PRICE for the new Mario and Sonic game. $60! For a sports themed mini game collection with Mario and Sonic! That’s ****ing rediculous!
They've always been full priced games. And if they're bringing back the same kind of soundtrack treatment and "story" that the Vancouver Winter one had, then I'll be buying it day one.

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
I decided to take a bit of a break from Smash talk (not that I commented in this thread specifically very much) so that I don't get too hung up on the roster and who gets in and who doesn't and I can just enjoy it for what it is. I just wanted to stop by and say I'm so happy for all of you that really wanted Banjo in the game! He's a fantastic addition and I can't wait to try him out!

The roster so far has really solidified my opinion that they should just keep updating Ultimate until the end of time. We'd lose way too much with a series reboot at this point.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They've always been full priced games. And if they're bringing back the same kind of soundtrack treatment and "story" that the Vancouver Winter one had, then I'll be buying it day one.
I hope it’s worth it. I just want Dream Events back. It’s still on my list of games to buy but.... damn that game should be 30 or 40 bucks.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
So, what are your guy's favorite Pokemon types?

For me, I'm Water Gang for life, but I also love Ghosts and Fairies as well. I am also fond of Dark types, and pretty much every Bug type from Gen 5.
Supremley late to this but I thought it was an interesting question
I like electric pokemon the most with my favorite being luxray but I like almost all electric types.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Cool!

How’d ya make it?
Thanks!
It's the first time I try to do something like this.

I made the drawing of Bandana Dee in Gimp (basically paint lol) and then I transformed it into a gif with the same program.
Then I downloaded some pictures like the fire and all that and I finished everything in Premiere Pro.

It was super hard, but not as hard as I imagined it.

Graizen

Smash Champion
For me this would be the ideal FP.
What you guys think?
1287684681.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't think I can really rate any of the current three DLC characters fairly as I have no real personal attachment towards any of them myself.
I haven't really played much with Joker, did his Classic mode, a couple vs matches and he's just been there in the roster ever since, his stage and music was nice though. I'd imagine the same would probably go for the other two as well. I'm happy for their fans though, and maybe I should try the Banjo Kazooie games one of these days at least....

I might play a bit with the Hero and his DQ VIII alt though since he's the closest thing to Level-5 having a rep in Smash for now....
Watch Layton happen and you and I crash Smashboards all by ourselves

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Sitting here being bummed out after reading the plot summary for the Cancelled Megaman star force 4.

mega-man-star-force-4-656x667.jpg

Would have been so cool.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
We rating the Fighters Pass characters? Aight!

Joker
5/10
I know nothing about Persona series nor do I have interest in trying it. Joker doesn't seem to be an interesting character to me and playing as him didn't really change that.

Hero
6/10
Like Joker, I know nothing about Dragon Quest and have no interest in trying it. However, his moveset was very intriguing and loved the whole mana mechanic (especially the Kamikaze move). The four character alts is pretty neat too (I guess I'll go with Eight)

Banjo & Kazooie
10/10
I'll be honest: My expectations for characters I wanted in the Fighters Pass were insultingly low since it was announced. Even with the reliable sources days prior to E3, for years I thought B-K was never going to happen thanks to having to deal with Microsoft. I was aware of Phil Spenser saying they'd be no problems since 2015 and Nintendo's strong relationship as the years went on but that didn't change my mind. So I lost my **** when Guh-Huh was shown (making it a King K. Rool trailer parody was icing on the cake).

Banjo & Kazooie is definitely the highlight of my Fighters pass purchase right now and I *almost* don't care who the reaming two now (though Balloon Fighter and/or Shantae would be kewl).
Here is mine (not going to rate them, just going to have my say):

Joker - I've played Persona 5 and it is one of the best Persona games I have played up to date. Of course, I did not anticipate him coming to Smash, but at the same time very happy with his inclusion.

Hero - The only Dragon Quest series that I have played so far is VIII on the 3DS (which is pretty much my fave DQ game out of the rest of the series so far.) I have heard that XI had recieved a lot of good reception and it might be a game that I will pick up in the future. But at least VIII is one of the alts for the Hero.

Banjo-Kazooie - The last time I played a Banjo-Kazooie game was back on the N64 over twenty years ago. But it is a warm welcome home to the bear and the bird and it was certainly the highlight of the fighters pass so far.

Damn this is radical!
I have to admit, I really am digging the theme!

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I shrug at Crash, but Agumon is nice. Wouldn't mind Jill Valentine or Scorpion instead.
Fun fact. Did you know that the Crash series has sold better, in total, than Smash itself.

Seriously. Crash sits at 60 million copies and Smash sits at 54.92 million.

Not saying that means he’s going to be in. But..... you never know.

Also, Tekken is Namco Bandai’s highest grossing series. Higher than Pac-Man. Dark Souls, Tales, and Digimon would certainly all be interesting, but Tekken is the most popular.

Hmmm. Is Digimon even eligible? Do Virtual Pets count as video games?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
We know only 3 out of 5 DLC characters, but how would you all rate the fighters pass so far?
Pretty good so far. Only one is a character I really care about and wanted, but even getting 1 character you care about out of 3 is better than a lot of other people are getting.

Joker: 7/10
Hero: 10/10
Banjo 7/10

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyone got a template for the Fighter’s Pass and/or willing to make an edit for me? I can’t access my PC right now

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*see time*

*clap*

Alright, it's bed time for me.

As always, have a good time here ya all.

See ya tommorow.

Kasumi bed.gif

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yes, its counts as a life simulator
I think a Digimon guest could make people really happy. One of those dream matches people want to see. Still would prefer Tekken or MK vs Street Fighter in Smash, but I wouldn't be opposed to a Digimon being in the slightest.

I do wonder how one could be implemented though, mechanically speaking. The Evos in Digimon are more like DBZ forms and less like permanent changes, which makes choosing a specific Pokemon a bit easier.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Joker is 6/10 for me. Not heavily into Persona, and I just didn't like Joker's moveset, feels like Sheik but without the things that make me enjoy her more. I especially think Arsene's implementation is a bit messy. Music is A+ though.

Hero is a 7/10. Really don't care for Dragon Quest, and the music is not to my taste. However, moveset wise and character design wise for all 4 characters, Hero looks like the bomb. I love the variety of spells they have and I'm excited to get experimental with them.

Banjo is looking 10/10. Never thought they'd happen until a month or two ago. Throws speculation into a whole loop since we're not just betting on promotional stuff. I love something that is for the fans, so this is the best DLC inclusion so far.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
yeah fighters pass has given 0 people that i genuinely care about in the game

at least one of my most wanted got in the game 5 years ago it's just too bad he's at the bottom of the tier list :4littlemac:

scorpion gang wya

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Smash Ultimate gave me K. Rool & Banjo as well as other cool additions. There's no way I could be mad with the roster selection.

still want andy tho gimme sakurai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom