• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
As for me personally. I enjoyed the characters introduced in the fighters pass so far.

Joker is an 8/10 for me
Joker is a complete wtf pick that completely surprised me. I've played every Persona game except the first one and I've played a ton of SMT games, and despite my love for the franchise I did NOT expect to see a character coming from it. I've enjoyed his addition and although I hoped they'd do more with the Persona system, I'm fine with how they treated him. Major props to the love they gave to the songs added.

Hero is a 7/10 for me
It's a long time coming pick, and 3 out of the characters they picked I played the games they come from. I like the MP system they've incorporated with the moveset, I always wanted a character with a system like this and it makes sense for it to be from Dragon Quest. This character addition delivered well for Dragon Quest and it's fans. Also yay we got more than two songs!

Banjo is a 6/10 for me
Banjo is a big character within speculation and Smash fans, so his addition is quite the fan service. I played Kazooie and Tooie, and although I wouldn't say they are my favorite platformers, I did enjoy them and found them to be great. I'm happy for his fans that have been waiting for him for so long.

Overall it's looking to be a 7/10
I didn't per se get the characters that I wanted, but I'm happy with who we got anyways. I do hope I get someone I really want in the last two DLC packs, just to end it all on a satisfying note.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
We know only 3 out of 5 DLC characters, but how would you all rate the fighters pass so far?
I'm a casual player, so most of the appeal is how I relate to a character in terms of my own history with the games, though sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised at picking up a character I initially didn't care for, and even despised. For that reason, I'm summarizing them in terms of how I feel towards the characters, my history with them, and first impressions, as I haven't delved too deep into the actual movesets. I tend to prefer mascot characters that fit the Nintendo mold, though I like how every now and then there's a curveball thrown. Would rather have a ton of interesting variety, rather than stale, but powerful, moves to play with.

Banjo & Kazooie: 0 out of 10, not blocky enough. :chuckle: Obviously, a 10 in my book. Out of all of the characters, they've been the ones felt "missing" the most. Being Nintendo icons back in the day, and having been gone for so long, it's great seeing them reunite with their friends. They can fly, use projectiles (both blue and grenade egg variety, in Smash that we know of--I'm also happy they included Breegull Blaster Kazooie as a gun, which you only got to play as in first person), jab with Banjo's claw swipe, and using Kazooie as a sword with breegull bash. Surprised they had no problem with Kazooie pooping eggs, and I love it. Confirmation that all their moves translate smoothly into Smash. Not much I'm disappointed in with the translation, lots of variety, while also being a well-rounded character--I'll main them even if they're bottom tier.

Joker: 7 out of 10. I've been a fan of Persona, having played the third game, and watching Giant Bomb's Endurance Run of 4. It's always been disappointing not being able to play a main Persona game on Nintendo. My friend got Persona 5 on PS4, so I've tried to play it, though lost motivation to continue, especially now that he'll be moving. I've always liked the aesthetics of Persona, and it's great seeing it in Smash--Joker's a great combination of mature and cartoony, making him stand out from the other characters. The way they incorporated Arsene is interesting, as I was wondering how they would, and while I like the visuals, move wise it does little for me. Shooting and attacking with knives just doesn't feel that fun when playing--I have more fun watching others play. But perhaps there's more to the character to learn as I test more things out.

Hero: 6 out of 10. I never understood the Banjo vs Erdrick debates--always was pretty okay with Dragon Quest coming in, though I would have preferred Sora. But just okay. After seeing the trailer, it looked awesome, right until gameplay started and Hero looked like a combination of Link and FE characters. However, that you could use 3 other heroes as alts, and the drop-down menu mechanic looks really interesting, and definitely makes them not just an "anime swordsman character." If I play with them, I'd probably play as Three, Eight and Five in that order, not really feeling Eleven's design. I was pleasantly surprised.

The base was disappointing because there wasn't a single character revealed that I had played a game with them in it before--more often than not, recognizing the IPs rather than the actual characters themselves (if I were to take away what I learned from Smash speculation), and the ones I did recognize, I either expected or didn't care for. The character I liked the most was King K Rool, at a 7, and the rest were much farther below. The DLC has been much better, though that's perhaps due to having (IMHO) more hype worthy third party characters, than first party. Definitely getting every character now, no matter who the last two DLC characters are.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ultimate dlc is pretty damn rad

Joker, to me, is 6/10
I knew nothing about Persona, and I only learned through osmosis from some of you guys. He’s cool I guess, happy for his fans.

Hero is 7/10
Dragon Quest certainly deserved a character, even if I don’t particularly care that much. I’m not one for swordies, so I hope the magic can make up for it.

Banjo Kazooie is 10/10
Holy ****, don’t even get me started. I could go on forever about how rad this is. All I’ll say is June 11 2019 was a momentous occasion for fans of Rareware, and I’ll never forget it. The bear and bird are back, baby!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

These past days have felt therapeutic for me.

The idea of any kind of stuff just going right in my life is a feel I was really hoping to have back after months of real life chaos, drama and stress.
The last time I felt this great was during January, before life just started to be cruel with me.
But thankfully, it seems like all of that is over and light is coming again to my daily basis.
And I really have to thank many people here for that, as weird as it may sound. Having people just rooting for the best and interested on helping me evolve as a person or with any dilemma was a huge and wonderful detail.

Needless to say, I just hope that this summer doesn’t take a dark turn of events like February did. And hopefully all of you also get a good time.

Noipoi

Howdy!
These past days have felt therapeutic for me.

The idea of any kind of stuff just going right in my life is a feel I was really hoping to have back after months of real life chaos, drama and stress.
The last time I felt this great was during January, before life just started to be cruel with me.
But thankfully, it seems like all of that is over and light is coming again to my daily basis.
And I really have to thank many people here for that, as weird as it may sound. Having people just rooting for the best and interested on helping me evolve as a person or with any dilemma was a huge and wonderful detail.

Needless to say, I just hope that this summer doesn’t take a dark turn of events like February did. And hopefully all of you also get a good time.
Well I planned to spend the summer finding some Pokémon forums to chat with, but considering the current circumstances I don’t think they’d be on the mood for my particular brand of positivity.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well I planned to spend the summer finding some Pokémon forums to chat with, but considering the current circumstances I don’t think they’d be on the mood for my particular brand of positivity.
If someone hates a person for being “too positive” regarding a game or problems that aren’t too worrying, they shouldn’t be taken seriously.

I would love to have as much positivity as possible in my life, more so after how the past months went for me.

People such as you actually bring more good than bad to the world.

D

Deleted member

For me:
Joker is a 6/10. When he was first announced, I was completely ambivalent, never played Persona 5 but his design looked neat and he was a curveball. I was mainly just happy for the people freaking out over him. Now that he's out, he's not my favourite but he's neat, moveset is interesting enough.

Hero is an 8/10. Unlike with Persona, I have played Dragon Quest before and really enjoyed it. Admittedly my reaction might have been a lot different if he wasn't leaked to hell and back before, but I appreciate his inclusion and legacy, I love what they did with his alts and final smash, and his moveset is shaping up to be pretty cool. Overall a nice pick.

Banjo is a 9/10 though. I haven't played the Banjo games in a long while, but their charm and goofiness has always stuck with me and that aspect seems wonderfully preserved in Smash. Even ignoring any experience I may have with Banjo, the sheer impossibility it seemed like he had and the fact that he's finally reunited with Nintendo is enough to get me excited for him and his fans.

Pass is shaping up to be pretty swell. I'm not super duper invested in any character as my absolute number 1 want, at least realistic wants, but a character like Doomguy really would seal the deal for me.

Troykv

Smash Master
Joker is 8/10 because it's reveal had a lot of meme power and it was quite incredible to show the power Sakurai has in the industry, getting icons of the competences because you love their style and potential.

DQ Hero is a 9/10 because he's... the perfect character for DLC, it's the kind of being that satisfies both financially (the investors, producers and stuff) and emotionally (the fans, old and new); the character has incredible potential as a marketing ploy, but doesn't feel like a Corrin because it gives everything the fans would have desired: Magic, commands and the alts of 3 of the most iconic Main Characters; I'll just default to Roto/Eirdrick because I like his design the most (OldDragonBallZbiasspeaks).

A Banjo I also give it a 8/10 because he's proven a lot of things, and he overall looks so clean and nice; the reveal was funny.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
found this on 4chan, what do u guys think

1560626330440.png

i'm calling fake, you can tell by the way that it is

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
So, we're rating the current DLC, huh? Guess I'll give it a shot.

Personally, for me, Joker is 6/10. I never played Persona and kinda don't have an interest in trying it out rn. I like his design, and he does look neat to play as I guess, but I have no personal attachment to the character. I guess his moveset might be fun.

As for the Hero, I'd say 5/10. Pretty much the same case as above. I don't know anything about Dragon Quest, and it doesn't interest me. They look okay in Smash imo, but I'm not really dying to try them. I'm pretty neutral on them.

Now, this one's probably bad, but I'd give Banjo a 3/10. I have no interest in him whatsoever, no particular favor for the series or the character. I don't wanna go much further than that, but you get the idea here. Imo I'm also not too impressed by his moveset, either. The only reason why I can tolerate his inclusion is because he has fans who wanted him playable.

Overall, I'd rate the Fighter Pass 5/10. I'm kinda neutral on the thing, and I'd probably not buy the pass if it weren't for my brother liking Banjo. Hopefully the last two characters will hold my interest.

Tl;dr, my opinions suck and I'm a contrarian. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, we're rating the current DLC, huh? Guess I'll give it a shot.

Personally, for me, Joker is 6/10. I never played Persona and kinda don't have an interest in trying it out rn. I like his design, and he does look neat to play as I guess, but I have no personal attachment to the character. I guess his moveset might be fun.

As for the Hero, I'd say 5/10. Pretty much the same case as above. I don't know anything about Dragon Quest, and it doesn't interest me. They look okay in Smash imo, but I'm not really dying to try them. I'm pretty neutral on them.

Now, this one's probably bad, but I'd give Banjo a 3/10. I have no interest in him whatsoever, no particular favor for the series or the character. I don't wanna go much further than that, but you get the idea here. Imo I'm also not too impressed by his moveset, either. The only reason why I can tolerate his inclusion is because he has fans who wanted him playable.

Overall, I'd rate the Fighter Pass 5/10. I'm kinda neutral on the thing, and I'd probably not buy the pass if it weren't for my brother liking Banjo. Hopefully the last two characters will hold my interest.

Tl;dr, my opinions suck and I'm a contrarian. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
*Banjo music stops*
F9527150-7D21-4F37-A525-4316D8B02A7A.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Did you see their trailer? They essentially killed :ultkrool: at the end, and therefore committed regicide, in front of the children.

Illegal.
Let's pour one out for the Fallen:
:ultmario::ultmegaman::ultluigi::ultkingdedede::ultlittlemac::ultken::ultduckhunt::ultkrool:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
1560627631849.png

I'LL TAKE YOUR ENTIRE STOCK

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
found this on 4chan, what do u guys think

View attachment 228107

i'm calling fake, you can tell by the way that it is
As much as I'd love this to be true, even I have to admit this is fake. Eyes are too big, mouth is weird--even with the obviously blurry picture I can tell it's fake. Plus we all know Microsoft would never let Nintendo use their original design.

:joyful:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Joker - 6/10
Prefer a more classic SEGA character rather than him

Hero - 9/10
Needs Sofia alt to be 10/10
Would of preferred DQ5 hero but understandable why hes not in

Banjo 3/10
I dont care for anything RARE at all

Troykv

Smash Master
Joker - 6/10
Prefer a more classic SEGA character rather than him

Hero - 9/10
Needs Sofia alt to be 10/10
Would of preferred DQ5 hero but understandable why hes not in

Banjo 3/10
I dont care for anything RARE at all
I don't know why I thought you were Gwen for a moment.

I guess it's the bittersweet comment about Banjo

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We know only 3 out of 5 DLC characters, but how would you all rate the fighters pass so far?
So far.... 4/5. I’ve retroactively fallen in love with Persona 5. But Joker isn’t THAT fun to play. Banjo is just freakin amazing. And Hero is at least cool, even if I don’t particularly care for the series (how close is 11 to the FFVII Remake gameplay wise. I might try it. Those last two could either rocket it to a 5/5 or potentially even lower the score. It’s just a matter of who they are.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Character has armour
Casuals fight character with armour
Casuals don't know how to deal with armour
Casuals whine
Nintendo nerfs character with armour, making them one of the worst characters in the game
Eh I mean it depends. Casuals whined about Little Mac and K.Rool sure, but they had armor on like, half their moves. So far we've only seen Banjo with armor on one.

:4darkpit: has armor on Electroshock, and casuals love to complain about that. Yet his side special actually got buffed by the end of Smash 4's life span.
:4charizard: had armor of Fly, Flare Blitz and Rock Smash. Flare Blitz was a scrub killer but it only got a slap on the wrist - overal Charizard was buffed more then nerfed.
:ultkrool: honestly had pretty trivial nerfs. They'll probably buff him in later ways down the line anyway.
:ultbowserjr: has armor on his side special, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about that. Considering the distance it travels it might be the most similar move to the one we've seen Banjo using.
:ultpiranha: has armor on his Down Special and I don't think I've seen any complaining about that either.

I mean maybe Banjo will be a huge scrub killer that gets memed to death until he's nerfed a bit, but it's too early to say. But I think part of the reason K.Rool/Little Mac got so much hate was that casual players could just mash buttons with them and pretty much whatever move they did still had armor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom