• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tell Me Your Secrets, Ask Me Your Questions: New Question as of 10/22

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Tell Me Your Secrets
Ask Me Your Question
(its from a Coldplay song :D)

Ok so I'm a little disgusted. This Board has no life to it right now and that's just depressing. We know that there isnt too much we can do with Zelda anymore but thats not all that Character Boards are about. We all share one thing in this place, and thats the love for our character, whether we think shes good, bad, or even possibly a lesbian (its ok you can laugh its a joke ^_^)

Its not really all our fault though, we can't really blame it on anybody. I noticed theres really no base for discussion, nothing to get the positive energy flowing, nothing that really pulls our community together. So I'm going to try and get the juices pumping (I "stole" this idea from the Peach Boards, it seems to do rather well and looks like fun discussions). Every couple days I'm going to post a question and I want you guys to answer with what you think on the topic. It will always be in the second post of this thread. The first few will be about Zelda, but then after a while things may branch off into the other topics, depending on my mood. You can request questions too. I might even keep an archive to look back on if this gets popular enough. All I want to do is try to get the community closer together to make this a fun place to come to. And you dont have to be an "active" member of the community to be apart of the discussion, just hop on in if you have an opinion!

However, there are rules that I want to be followed.

1) No Opinion Is A Wrong Opinion.

Dont tell someone theyre wrong, or stupid, or ********, or anything like that just because you dont agree. You can comment on others opinions, but try to keep the positive energy alive!

2) Please Stay On Topic

Try to stay on the topic or question I've presented, it keeps it more organized and sets it apart from the social thread. No intentional derailing unless I say its ok.

3) Type Legibly

Make it easier on all of us. You'll look more intelligent too.

4) Stay Positive

This is to help us get a more positive flow of energy running through the boards. If I ask the question "What is your favorite part about playing Zelda" dont say "I love her smashes, but shes just awful at ___ ___ ___ and ___ so I guess it doesnt matter" Though its good to know her weaknesses, its not necessary to bring them up in this thread to the extent Ive seen in others, if you dont like your character dont use her!

Awesome, I think we got all the main stuff out of the way, now I just hope we can at least make an attempt at this and have some fun!

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Besides Link, who would Zelda be best suited with for a relationship? Any video game character would do

-Requested by Ayato

Do it up Zelda Boards!

Aibou

Smash Master
It's a Spazz thread, how can I NOT post here even though I like never posted in the Zelda boards like ever <3

I chose to main Zelda because she fit so well with my style and I liked her a lot as a character. I play her now because she's still my favorite and one of my best (at least I like to think so anyway lol).

:zelda: <3

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Nice Aibou! Maybe you should start posting more and help the boards out aye?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I used to main Zelda because landing lightning kicks made me all tingly inside :o
It's why I still use her today. That and she's just fun in general :)

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm stealing this for the Pika boards at some point.

I don't main Zelda, but I started playing her at CoT4 waaaay back in the day..... dunno why, I just CP'd her on a whim against this Marth that was giving my Pika the ****. We were all scrubs back then, so spamming smash moves kinda worked, and I ended up winning the set. Ever since then, I stuck with her.

Now I keep using her because she's decent/fun in teams, and in singles I can use her against ICs and other Pikas. :)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
She's HOT. And has thunder thighs.

I mained Olimar at first, sorta... It was a mix between Olimar/DDD/Peach/Ganon, then I used Zelds on the whim and got some kicks and thought yep here it is... my main =D If Ganon wasn't literally a steroid-induced sloth in disguise I'd be alternating between him and zelda.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I'm stealing this for the Pika boards at some point.
I stole it from the Peach Boards so ya know, dont give me credit for something I stole lol.

I guess Ill give me input on my own question. Back in December 08 I got my first wii and brawl with it. When I was watching the beginning sequence of characters when the game starts up Zelda was definitely not the first thing on my mind. I had two people, Pit and MK. They looked so kickass and were my 2 mains for a long time. But then I started branching out and I came across Sheik. I remembered that I like Sheik in melee so I tried Sheik and I was **** it no way, so I was like "well Zeldas just a girl lmao how good could she be lolol ill try her" (I was like 11 or 12 at the time mind you) and fell in love. It was a struggle between her and Pit for a while but once I got wifi I noticed I was significantly better with Zelda against real people than Pit, I ultimately dropped him and Ive been a solo Zelda main every since (with secondaries for fun tho mind you)

Mainly I like her because shes so graceful when she moves through the air and how floaty she is. But she packs a punch and her LK are just stunning to execute. And I actually think that if used right she has the potential to be a decent threat (at my wifi--mid-level skill matches that I partake in anyway. But i believe some day a Zelda may do good in tournament play. Only time will tell I suppose).

So yeah thats my story.

MrEh

Smash Hero
What makes me want to use Zelda at times? Nothing. Zelda sucks, and it's a pain just to use her.

The greatest joy of using Zelda is using DownB and then spamming Dtilt. That's how I use Zelda anyway.

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
i have main Zelda since i bought SSBM and SSBB, i never asked myself why and i never knew that she was a bad character until i got here (altough when i got in trouble i switch G&W), after all i always got top ten in every tourney with her, and in the last one 4th so... , but i think when u main a Bottom tier, u have to learn the character and the game 100%, read the opponent, and the most important be perfect and never miss...

GOGO ZELDA!!!

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I started playing Zelda because of a promise/bet I made with my sister back when we were playing Melee together (we both had been playing the game for about one year at that time). Back then we made a deal that both of us would get to choose one character for the other to use. Then we'd have a MM with them and those characters would become our mains from there on. Since I thought that Zelda was by far the worst character for me my sister of course chose her. And, as promised, she's been one of my mains ever since.

Oh, and if somebody's interested, I chose Bowser.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I've mained Zelda (and Sheik) since melee and only became competitive when Brawl came out.

I stuck it out with Zelda because in my first tourney I got 4th out of 64 and I know I couldn't ever replicate this with any other character aside from Sheik. She just fits my style and it helps that I'm a terribly stubborn person. I don't think I could ever bring myself to dropping Zelda or Sheik.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Umm I'ma start using her black custome.
Favorite move either nair or dair. their too good and can lead to potential follow ups.
Favorite MU falco I really enjoy that MU falco is pretty easy for me. He's easy to punish and easy to gimp.
Battlefield those platforms are too good and enhance Zelda's game so much usmash nair platforms it can be a real prob for bigger characters.

Aibou

Smash Master
Oh new questions :D

My favorite costumes are the Green and Black ones. The black one is really cool and green is my favorite color.

My favorite move would be utilt. I like the animation, as well as it being a nice surprise kill move.

My favorite matchup would be G&W as it's my best one.

Favorite stage would be a tie between Pictochat and Rainbow Cruise. I just find them fun.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Favorite Costume is red because red is awesome!
Favorite move is a tie between Ftilt and Fair.......Ftilt works wonders for me and nothing is more satisfying than a good ol' boot to the head.
Favorite MU..........Perhaps Marth. I just find him easy.
Favorite stage is Green Greens.............yup.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hmm my fav costume would be the prototype chun li one I've got going =D LKicking becomes 10x more appropriate. Fav move is usmash because of the noise she makes... competes with Serena Williams for best 'grunt'. MUs... Diddy/Sonic/Ganon/Peachy/Wario/GW/Ike/Dittos... I find these ones fun. I despise Rob/Wolf atm. HATE THEM! Best stage? I'd say Frigate because it has the best music - and lylat =D Stagewise as far as Zelda is concerned... Battlefield and her mansion =D

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
1) Favorite Costume: Gotta love that green, for both Sheik and Zelda

2) Favorite Move: Well, aside form the obvious fair and bair (bair>fair btw) it'd have to probably be utilt.

3) Favorite Match-Up: I really enjoy fighting ROB with Zelda. And I HATE fighting Rob in general so it kinda makes no sense, but whatever.

4) Favorite Stage: Norfair <3

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Favorite costume: Red Zelda with the Crimson Zelda texture. It's pretty basic, so I dunno why I like it so much...... just makes me feel classy. =D

Favorite move: Naryu's. **** move, but I love hitting with it for some reason.

Favorite MU: ICs. I know the Pika MU the best (although I haven't played it in a while..... so that might not be true anymore), but ICs is the most fun for me. Them or a not-super-campy Snake.

Favorite stage: Smashville. I don't like many stages with Zelda. Castle Siege when I wanna get fancy.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
What Is Your Favorite:

-Costume
Blue.
-Move (if its downb so be it)
Don't know, maybe Nayru's love and Nair.
-Matchup
I don't have one, I only have some MU's I don't like.
-Stage to play on
Battlefield.

I'm feeling even more tired and lazy than usual today.

MrEh

Smash Hero
-Costume

Default. Other colors are an eyesore.

-Move (if its downb so be it)

DownB. Turns Zelda into a usable character.

-Matchup

Bowser. It's fun.

-Stage to play on

Warioware. Makes winning a possibility.

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
I feel the life coming back to these boards ^_^

Costume:
Blue, Melee, and Black. Blue is the best color, hands down. Melee Zelda is cool looking. And who doesn't love Grandma Zelda?

Move: D-Tilt (d-tilt, d-tilt, d-tilt, d-tilt, ad infinitum)
I swear this move saved me matches when I was down in stock.

Matchup: Favorite Match-up? Marth
Hard *** match-up to play but it's easier to land L-Kicks

Stage to play on: Fav stage is BF
Platforms make everything easier for her.

WickedDeceit

Smash Cadet
What Is Your Favorite:

-Costume
Blonde Zelda is the bestest! Especially cus she looks like a teenager <3

-Move
Jab. Mostly because I know it's a very annoying move to my opponents.

-Matchup
Zelda doesnt have a "favorite" match-up, only un-favorites. I hate Peach.

-Stage to play on
Battlefield because my platform game is legit.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Yay I love the activity! Good work guys!

Now Ill answer my question:

Costume: Ive taken a great liking to Red lately, thought I used to use Green a lot

Move: Nair or jab. I love to hop around in the air and Nair is usually a good thing to throw out : ) and jab because its so underrated and underused. So much potential

MU: Snake BY FAR. I love fighting that guy

Stage: BF cus I like the platforms.

New question will be up tomorrow! Idk if itll be about Zelda or what....depends on my mood

zeldspazz

Smash Master
New Question! Hopefully Ill make you guys think and be creative today.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Whatever song describes a recent college graduated who's jobless got kicked out of his house spends his time playing MTG brawl and SSFIV and watching anime while searching for a job and going to AC every non and again. Whatever song has that stuff in it describes me. I forgot fantasy football.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Whatever song describes a recent college graduated who's jobless got kicked out of his house spends his time playing MTG brawl and SSFIV and watching anime while searching for a job and going to AC every non and again. Whatever song has that stuff in it describes me. I forgot fantasy football.

;__; thats creative? come on dig deep!

zeldspazz

Smash Master
K Im going away for the weekend, Ill be back on Sunday.

So in honor of that I have given you the new question :D

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Alantic City I get to gamble drink **** *****es stay in a hotel. **** is crazy. I've never been to a place like that.

Aibou

Smash Master
Disney World. Best place to get separated from your mother when you're 4 years old.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Favorite vacation or place youve ever been to and Why. What Happened while you were there?
Thailand, by far.
I COULD go into what happened there, but I be writing for ages. Hella fun there and I miss it to death.

Top Bottom