• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tell me he didnt get any gsp

Balance ssbu

Smash Rookie
So i was playing a very cheesey neutral B spam wolf who got a one stock lead on me in quickplay vs my baby bowser. Then he tried to just jump around and run the rest of the round and me having little ability to catch him decided to leave as he does not deserve to gain gsp or win any rounds that way extremely dishonorable playing.
So i got an hour ban which is worth every second as long as he doesnt get gsp for playing that way is this still a thing?

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
That isn't a good idea, because that wolf would have beaten others getting way more gsp to make up for not getting any in the match. You have to understand how a Wolf player plays.

Balance ssbu

Smash Rookie
That isn't a good idea, because that wolf would have beaten others getting way more gsp to make up for not getting any in the match. You have to understand how a Wolf player plays.
thats how a coward plays not a wolf player exclusively. As long as he didnt get gsp for that im fine with it

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I don't think he played cowardly he saw your blind spots and he exploited them. Baiting you with jumps and spamming B to keep you at a distance. Its pretty smart to be honest.

Balance ssbu

Smash Rookie
I don't think he played cowardly he saw your blind spots and he exploited them. Baiting you with jumps and spamming B to keep you at a distance. Its pretty smart to be honest.
im not talking about the B spam which i can deal usually with but i am talking about him trying to Run away and jump around for the last 30 seconds of the fight In an attempt to stall for a win which i hopefully took away from him his reward which he doesnt deserve for doing that

Oddball

Smash Lord
So i was playing a very cheesey neutral B spam wolf who got a one stock lead on me in quickplay vs my baby bowser. Then he tried to just jump around and run the rest of the round and me having little ability to catch him decided to leave as he does not deserve to gain gsp or win any rounds that way extremely dishonorable playing.
So i got an hour ban which is worth every second as long as he doesnt get gsp for playing that way is this still a thing?
You're complaining about him not being honorable so you pull that?

That sounds extremely petty and immature. You can't expect everyone to want to play the same way you do.

Balance ssbu

Smash Rookie
You're complaining about him not being honorable so you pull that?

That sounds extremely petty and immature. You can't expect everyone to want to play the same way you do.
Sorry not sorry. If your “playstyle” is to run away until time runs out then this game isn’t for you. Its a fighting game not a Tom and Jerry simulator. And if i can take that win away from you as punishment then I will. If he had kept on fighting me, spammy as he was then He may of very well walked away with some GSP but i refuse to let stallers progress.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Lmao even if they got 0 GSP, it stopped you from playing at all for an hour while they get an entire hour's worth of GSP. Nothing stopped them from playing like that and nothing's stopping them from winning and earning GSP like that. They could have earned so much GSP while you were banned so really you've just been a tiny inconvinience for them at worst

Balance ssbu

Smash Rookie
Lmao even if they got 0 GSP, it stopped you from playing at all for an hour while they get an entire hour's worth of GSP. Nothing stopped them from playing like that and nothing's stopping them from winning and earning GSP like that. They could have earned so much GSP while you were banned so really you've just been a tiny inconvinience for them at worst
ew are you actually supporting a playstyle where you run away for almost half the match in an attempt to let the clock run out?

and good i put that hour towards things i had to get done anyway he can have fun running away from other people but i refuse to tolerate it. Even if i was strapped to a chair and forced to stare at the screen for the entirety of that hour id do it again 10 times over and it’d be worth every minute as long as im not rewarding this behavior/playstyle.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
ew are you actually supporting a playstyle where you run away for almost half the match in an attempt to let the clock run out?

and good i put that hour towards things i had to get done anyway he can have fun running away from other people but i refuse to tolerate it. Even if i was strapped to a chair and forced to stare at the screen for the entirety of that hour id do it again 10 times over and it’d be worth every minute as long as im not rewarding this behavior/playstyle.
Oh I agree it's not a healthy playstyle, especially as it can completely invalidate certain characters, but you're not punishing anyone but yourself by doing this. If anything, you get them to do it to someone else faster, you're rewarding them for the easy win

Oddball

Smash Lord
Sorry not sorry. If your “playstyle” is to run away until time runs out then this game isn’t for you. Its a fighting game not a Tom and Jerry simulator. And if i can take that win away from you as punishment then I will. If he had kept on fighting me, spammy as he was then He may of very well walked away with some GSP but i refuse to let stallers progress.
You punish people because you don't like the way they play.

You do so in a way that is more of an inconvenience to you than it is to them.

Do you not see the multiple things wrong with that?

Balance ssbu

Smash Rookie
Oh I agree it's not a healthy playstyle, especially as it can completely invalidate certain characters, but you're not punishing anyone but yourself by doing this. If anything, you get them to do it to someone else faster, you're rewarding them for the easy win
technically he didnt get to the next round faster i just got replaced by an npc with 12 seconds left on the clock and as ive heard he doesnt get any gsp if i leave. Which is good because he didnt deserve it.

Oddball

Smash Lord
technically he didnt get to the next round faster i just got replaced by an npc with 12 seconds left on the clock and as ive heard he doesnt get any gsp if i leave. Which is good because he didnt deserve it.
You're saying he didn't deserve it because he's not playing by your rules.

While you admit that you are not playing by Nintendo's rules.

I can't think of any reason why we should see you as being in the right here.

He got the edge on you, and held it. What was he supposed to do? Stand there and let you beat on him just so you could win?

Last edited:

Balance ssbu

Smash Rookie
Better and more respectable than a quitter.
yeah lets all just run away til the clock runs out from now on as soon as we get a one stock lead. Ridiculous mind set, maybe I should get a Nike headband for my characters and have a sprinting montage. Get real this isn’t mario kart.

You're saying he didn't deserve it because he's not playing by your rules.

While you admit that you are not playing by Nintendo's rules.

I can't think of any reason why we should see you as being in the right here.

He got the edge on you, and held it. What was he supposed to do? Stand there and let you beat on him just so you could win?
Hes suppose to do what this game was intended for and what hundreds of others did before him. Fight. Me. Maybe if there was 5 seconds on the clock sure but there was still 1/4 of the round left.

Top Bottom