• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Tell me about some of your most lopsided matchups

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
I don't mean where you had the advantage, what I mean is tell me about the matches where you had to face someone at least one letter rank or higher above you and somehow managed to win. I had two such matches back to back and I want to gush bout them if that's alright.

Rank up match B5 charizard vs. S5 rank sceptile.
I main zard and honestly, some of my toughest matches were against sceptile users. I had just won two out of the required three matches and this was my last chance to rank up (i'd also been on a considerable slump.)
When I saw what I was up against my first thought was 'oh, **** you too game' then we fought. The first match went about as badly as I thought it would go. Sceptile used it's superior combo game, counters, and long range grab move to insure that I wouldn't get the win. Surprisingly I got him down to a little under 150 health before he took me down. Then in the second match everything changed. I was forcing

Top Bottom