• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teleportation glitch?

DownWitDaWaveDash

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys.

I'm a player from Georgia, just went to my third tournament ever and came in 2nd. I usually play Marth and get owned, but for some reason I decided to try out Roy a few days before, and I busted him out at the tournament. I lost to a Mewtwo who was using a gimmick that I've never seen before.

I guess it would be called a teleport- ledge cancel- HOWEVER, he was able to control his teleport distance to a degree that I dont think is possible by normal means.

Here is where he started with the woop stall. I was standing a little closer to the center than where the charizard is in this picture.

He then did a ledge cancel on the edge (red) and teleported to the orange mark

He immediately teleported again to the yellow spot, again ledge canceled. I do not think t his should be possible to shorten a teleport like that...

This green area is where a f-air comes out when he teleports from the yellow. He still had his float too, because he would hover and throw out another fair if he connected with shield

This player did this consistantly on BOTH sides of PS2, and me being the salty ******, kept running back to this stage.

After the tournament, myself and many others sat around trying to discuss what happened. It ended in a big argument about how to nerf mewtwo, so I thought I'd post here, and see what you guys make of it.

I would post a replay , but stupid P:M fullset :C

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Even if you assume it was in fact ledge canceled somehow and not just a normal autocancel (which suffices for the first teleport), how the hell did he do the second teleport? It's too shallow an angle for anything but a horizontal input and teleport should just pass through platforms anyway.

Are there any videos of this? Who was the Mewtwo? This whole thing is weird - even if it's true, the second teleport is superfluous. The guy could've just as easily gone straight from the orange dot to fairing at the green dot with a short hop to teleport. What direction was he facing during the fair?

Last edited:

Pharo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pharaohh
I want to know how to do this... However it doesn't make sense. Also I know about auto cancel teleports but how do you do ledge cancel them? (I'm assuming you cancel the teleport with the leaning off stage animaton but can't figure it out)

DownWitDaWaveDash

Smash Apprentice
Ok when your doing the woop stall there is an angle that lets you ledge cancel

meaning you touch the ledge and your teleport animation looks strange, and you regain your double jump and teleport. when you do this you mewtwo is in idle animation

i am unable to do it twice in a row
I am unable to make it to the green spot
I believe it is/should not be possible to make it from orange to yellow

... this is some stupid stuff

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I don't see why it was even brought up in this thread, it's irrelevant to the point at hand.

Ok when your doing the woop stall there is an angle that lets you ledge cancel
This at least is not new. I discussed a ledge cancel on Yoshi's Story at least a couple weeks back and I'm sure I'm not the first to have done it. Fundamentally speaking it's just a very precisely positioned autocancel. Shortening teleports on the other hand is something I and evidently everyone else here has never heard of until now.

I asked earlier but you never answered, who was the Mewtwo and is there any footage from the tournament?

Last edited:

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
As far as I know, you can't change the overall distance of teleport, but I know if you're not holding down, you will land on a platform when teleporting from above. Chance are, Mewtwo TK input teleport on the right of the platform diagonally down towards the other side of the platform, let go of down to land on the ledge of the platform, effectively ledge cancelling. But there's literally no way in hell he teleported from the platform to halfway between it and the stage base unless he jumped first.

DownWitDaWaveDash

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure who it was if he is on smashboards or anything, It was a black guy with a hot girl and two twin baby boys lol.

I got in contact with a acquaintance who was there and recorded a combo involving this (on the other side of PS2) Now i'm waiting for him to to send over the footage.

As far as I know, you can't change the overall distance of teleport, but I know if you're not holding down, you will land on a platform when teleporting from above. Chance are, Mewtwo TK input teleport on the right of the platform diagonally down towards the other side of the platform, let go of down to land on the ledge of the platform, effectively ledge cancelling. But there's literally no way in hell he teleported from the platform to halfway between it and the stage base unless he jumped first.
does M2 have good frame jump or is it slow?

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I'm actually in the Atlanta area as well, so I was looking at the possibility of reaching out to them directly for information if you knew their name or handle.

Mewtwo's jumpsquat is 5 frames.

I know if you're not holding down, you will land on a platform when teleporting from above.
Teleport only cares about directional input during two frames: the frame where it reads directional input and the frame near the end where you can input a turnaround. You can autocancel to platforms regardless of holding down, and you'll pass through any platforms in the intervening space either way.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
I think that after the Mewtwo TP'd from the ledge to the platform he Teleported in place, then dropped through the plat, then TP'd at a downwards angle and Shadow Claw'd you.

Top Bottom