• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teleport glitch

xXZeroXx

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone
I have tried finding this mentioned anywhere and since I haven´t seen anything, I am posting this thread. This bug had make me SD a couple of times and so I would like to know if you have seen it as well.
To do this you need a stage with standard battlefield form, stand on one of the side platforms (the one above will work as well, since this happens on all platforms as far as I know). Then you need to face away from the stage, try to stand close to the edge, do a full jump and when it´s almost at its max height teleport straight down. This will cause Mewtwo to slide off the platform and die shamefully.

I have uploaded a video in the game titled "Mewtwo glitch", easy to find and easier than finding a way to post it here.

Is this normal and I am just bringing old news? I for one do not think it´s an intended mechanic.

Last edited:

yknowlikenia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5495 6606 4304
similar things happen with zelda's teleport - basically in this game, teleports are less of a "go in this direction" and more of a path that the character follows invisibly. when mewtwo finds the platform directly below, there's still distance left to travel in the teleport, so the path sends him to the right. your best best is teleporting a bit later in the jump (so the path can go around and under the platform) or holding a bit towards the stage, so it doesn't pathfind away from it.

xXZeroXx

Smash Cadet
Yeah it's still bad. The way I found out was after being juggled trying to escape pressure by getting underneath him. It was a bit frustrating as I think this move should just position Mewtwo either on top of the platform or, if it still has some path left, underneath. Oh well

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
I can agree with this. It's not really a glitch but I guess it happens to Mewtu more often because his aerial drift is higher than Zelda's or Palu's. after the teleport(?). I don't know if that's true but it looks like it.
I can only advice that you don't do that. I mean, what do you want to achieve when you teleport straight down onto the side plattforms of Battlefield. Getting out of disadvantage maybe? But then I'd always angle the direction a bit to the left or right, depending on which site of BF you are. Try to go as gentle as possibletowards the ground when teleport, i.e. aim for a small angle and not straight down (90°). Only go straight down when you know you can finish the teleport before the ground or at least the ledge.

Top Bottom