• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tek Lounge, Naples Bi-weekly Turny

-!-

Smash Lord
i dont even have a crew anymore so i dont even know what im saying johnny i wanna be a part of yours
What do you mean you don't have a crew anymore o.O it'll be cool if you become part of mine though, but you gotta hang around with us when we all gather cuz that's what Crews do... we chill, hang around and practice to place good... maybe you can even come to Gigz with us???

We gotta talk about this, it's interesting

-!-

Smash Lord
i dont even have a crew anymore so i dont even know what im saying johnny i wanna be a part of yours
What do you mean you don't have a crew anymore o.O it'll be cool if you become part of mine though, but you gotta hang around with us when we all gather cuz that's what Crews do... we chill, hang around and practice to place good... maybe you can even come to Gigz with us???

We gotta talk about this, it's interesting!

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Wait, why? I thought NTK was still going around :(

We gotta talk about this, it's interesting
I second this...

UpTown

Smash Apprentice
NPK* isn't anything. we were supposed to have crew battles but nicky and tory wouldnt and zach left and i cant really depend on anyone but you, eric. and we nicky or tory nver comes to brawl zach has pottery guild. so it really is nothing

-!-

Smash Lord
NPK* isn't anything. we were supposed to have crew battles but nicky and tory wouldnt and zach left and i cant really depend on anyone but you, eric. and we nicky or tory nver comes to brawl zach has pottery guild. so it really is nothing
Crap! this sucks... do you guys even practice together o.O??? isn't "Two of a Kind" part of your crew too??? umm it always seem that VD and you are up for anything.. and I always see Volta leave sooner then you two, I think just the last two times... but yea one of this days my crew and you Three (VD, Gordo, and Volta) should have a Smash Fest or something and talk business o.O what do you all say???

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Crap! this sucks... do you guys even practice together o.O??? isn't "Two of a Kind" part of your crew too??? umm it always seem that VD and you are up for anything.. and I always see Volta leave sooner then you two, I think just the last two times... but yea one of this days my crew and you Three (VD, Gordo, and Volta) should have a Smash Fest or something and talk business (lol) o.O what do you all say???
We rarely practice outside of tournaments (if that counts as practice -_-), save for one or two meet-ups a couple times at TLounge.
Zack left last time because it was his sister's birthday and he had to meet up at his house or something. But I'm sure he'd be down for it, just as Andrew and I would be, amirite? If we get a time and date set, I can be there.

-!-

Smash Lord
We rarely practice outside of tournaments (if that counts as practice -_-), save for one or two meet-ups a couple times at TLounge.
Zack left last time because it was his sister's birthday and he had to meet up at his house or something. But I'm sure he'd be down for it, just as Andrew and I would be, amirite? If we get a time and date set, I can be there.
Yea I remember Zach told me he had to go to his sisters B-day, but I know hell be down for anything... but yea we gotta set a date so all of us can gather.. I'm off this Saturday from work and I think Were gonna all chill, but since it's tomorrow it'll be hard for all three of you to go I'll assume.. but well come up with something ^.^

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Yea I remember Zach told me he had to go to his sisters B-day, but I know hell be down for anything... but yea we gotta set a date so all of us can gather.. I'm off this Saturday from work and I think Were gonna all chill, but since it's tomorrow it'll be hard for all three of you to go I'll assume.. but well come up with something ^.^
Ironically, Saturday is one of my few free days of the week, so as long as the time and location are convenient I can do it.
:p

-!-

Smash Lord
Ironically, Saturday is one of my few free days of the week, so as long as the time and location are convenient I can do it.
:p
Nice, this mean we can chill tomorrow, don't know how things are gonna run but ummm the place will be either in the Estates or on Radio rd most likely in the Estates o.O the time well sometime around 1 or 2, or pass that... ummm send me you phone number on a messague o.O so when i wake up ill call you to talk about how things will role today itll be cool if you can come today cuz its gonna be great, also well try to get Zach and i think andrew has wrestling???

UpTown

Smash Apprentice
saturdays are my busiest days, i have a wrestlin tourney all day on most saturdays. next weekend i have a tourney then im free till december 3rd

-!-

Smash Lord
saturdays are my busiest days, i have a wrestlin tourney all day on most saturdays. next weekend i have a tourney then im free till december 3rd
ummm then we'll have to set a date then... we'll talk abut it on this next Sunday TekLounge Tournament... I suck, but I gotta make up for it this next one o.O I'm gonna go all out this time no holding back, no Johns and I'm sorry for those who'll get to fight me cuz they'll get T!P for sure!!! lol and I mean it o.O I'm all hyped up and focused and determined...

+++M!X+++

+++ROB!X+++

Por Vida!

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
ummm then we'll have to set a date then... we'll talk abut it on this next Sunday TekLounge Tournament... I suck, but I gotta make up for it this next one o.O I'm gonna go all out this time no holding back, no Johns and I'm sorry for those who'll get to fight me cuz they'll get T!P for sure!!! lol and I mean it o.O I'm all hyped up and focused and determined...

+++M!X+++

+++ROB!X+++

Por Vida!
Yeah, me too. I always suck, but I'll show you guys this next tourney. I won't back down (no johns) and I'm sorry as well because you're all gonna get owned by my monkey and little boy with his elemental forces. After every kill, I'll taunt you, and when you come back to the stage I'll taunt you a second time. I'm gonna go into hyper mode and just go ape ****.

---Vicious Delicious---

---Whatever team I'm teamed up with because I still don't have a true doubles partner---

Yeah!

...I say all Tek Lounge participants should do one of these :laugh:

-!-

Smash Lord
I say all Tek Lounge participants should do one of these :laugh:
lol Yea everyone should do it o.O and just like you VD I'll Taunt too, and people will be surprised ^.< I'm sure you know how broken my Box is hehehe so you'll prob be the only one not surprised for what's coming to everyone...

and this time, I hope we hit 20 or else I'm gonna cry
:ohwell:

:snake::kirby:

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
Wuts goin on guys I would like to know if you guys are having a tourney between DEC 23rd - JAN 4th .

Me and about 5 of my friends are coming down from tallahassee, and Gainesville and we are looking for a good tourney down there in Naples. Let me know when you guys have an exact date, i was reading this thread and apparently you dont have a date.

Please let me know when you do.

JSSN

-!-

Smash Lord
Wuts goin on guys I would like to know if you guys are having a tourney between DEC 23rd - JAN 4th .

Me and about 5 of my friends are coming down from tallahassee, and Gainesville and we are looking for a good tourney down there in Naples. Let me know when you guys have an exact date, i was reading this thread and apparently you dont have a date.

Please let me know when you do.

JSSN
Hey there, I ain't the owner but this is Bi-Weeklies on Sundays... but I'm sure that the tourney should fall either on the 28th of Dec. or the 4th of January one of those date will Deff. have a tournament... I'm looking forward for it to be on the 4th myself since me and some friends will be attending gigs in Orlando and that's on Dec. 27th... actually some of the regular smashers that go to this tourneys might tag along... so this tourney might just fall on the 4th ^.^ but maybe one of the owners should verify this, I'm sure they'll work something out so you guys can attend this for sure ^.^ no worries!

+++M!X+++

:snake:

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
Hey there, I ain't the owner but this is Bi-Weeklies on Sundays... but I'm sure that the tourney should fall either on the 28th of Dec. or the 4th of January one of those date will Deff. have a tournament... I'm looking forward for it to be on the 4th myself since me and some friends will be attending gigs in Orlando and that's on Dec. 27th... actually some of the regular smashers that go to this tourneys might tag along... so this tourney might just fall on the 4th ^.^ but maybe one of the owners should verify this, I'm sure they'll work something out so you guys can attend this for sure ^.^ no worries!

+++M!X+++

:snake:
Well dude dont worry about us, its just 4 of us. But Deff not make it on Gigs Date cuz im going to gigs as well as my friends and if any of your people need a ride let me know i'm bringing my parents Van so im pretty sure i can fit a couple more guys in there, If you all help out with GAS.... that way it will be better. Anyways let me know and we should discuss this via message.

-- And also if you all wana just have friendlies before gigs it will be awesome too.

Let me know when you get an exact date.

Gigs is on a SAturday 27th, try to make this one on the 28th .. that way i can attend it hehehe PLEASE. If its on the 4th we might not be able to go, because we got school on the 5th so we gotta be back in tallahassee.

UpTown

Smash Apprentice
hi i run the bi-weeklies and ill be out on the 28th but the 4th i should be in town... im not sure of my co-host though. btw. tourney this sunday!

AtTheDrive-In92

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, it's Zach (or Volta rofl) from the Tek Lounge tourneys, tommorow's tourney is cancelled, well technically it was never officially scheduled...

anyway! tek lounge should be ready to host its next Brawl tourney next week, Andrew and myself will keep you informed.

Btw, in case you're wondering what will be different, i've been told that the set up will be 3 LCD (i believe, they're hanging on a wall so it's either that or plasma) in the front room near where the desk is, there will be plenty of room here for everyone, and also, if the back room is completed, we may be able to host matches back there, this is still early speculation so don't take my word for it though. Also, we can now host CASH tourneys, we would like to know how much you would like tournament entry to be and whether there should be seperate payments for 1v1, 2v2, etc.

Post away!

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
To anyone that know about tv's, LCD's don't lag right?

Anyway, for the tournament
Either:
A. Each entry pays a door fee, that goes directly to Tech Lounge, then from their players pay for their event, which all go to the pot
B. Or, you can go without the door fee and take a certain percentage of the pot out to go to Tech Lounge, I'm pretty sure its better off being a percentage rather than a defined number.

Umm, heres a PM i sent awhile ago that pretty much encompasses a few of my ideas.

Taken straight from Giga's thread

Doubles: $10 admission per player ($20 per team)
Singles: $15 admission per player

Singles

If below than 90 players:

1st Place 40% of Singles Admission
2nd Place 15%
3rd Place 10%
4th Place 5%

If above 90 players:
1st Place 35% of Singles Admission
2nd Place 15%
3rd Place 10%
4th Place 5 %
5th/6th 2.5%
5th/6th 2.5%

Doubles

First Place team will receive 50% of doubles admission
Second Place team will receive 15% of doubles admission
Third Place team will receive 5% of doubles admission

^^^This a pretty good set-up and gets alot of people. As you can see only 30% goes goes to the store, but they still make plenty of money since attendance is so very high. I'm not too sure Naples can get 40+ people so I don't know how worth it it'll be.

Other tournaments, like Brawl Wars, go the way of the door fee. Its a small fee payed completely separate from the tournament. (Usually 5-10 dollars) Then people proceed to pay for their events. (Not that big of a difference, just psychologically better for some people) From there, all the money they pay toward the tourney goes into the pot, hence to avoid what some call "pot-****."

So basically, lets say 15 people attend, each pays 7 dollars at the door. Thats 105$ the store gets.

Now that everyone's in the venue

But one thing that all these places have is prizes based on variable attendace, in the form of percentages. Usually its 65-25-10 It may be harder to do the visa cards than cash and correctly distribute the winnings.

And heres another one,

Giga-Bits hosts tournament on a grand scale and attracts all of North and Mid-Florida. 30% of the pot goes to the store. I suggest calling because they have been such a concrete, stable place for smash. From what I hear, they have their sh*t together really well and its very organized and efficient.
Gigabits LAN Center: 407-281-0020

Lan Odyssey is brand new to the smash scene, their first tournament will be hosted in two weeks. A small entry fee of 5 dollars (Venue fee) goes to the store and from there people pay for their respective events.
As the Tek Lounge is relatively new to the smash scene as is Lan Oddessy, you might be able to get some valuable advice from these first-time hosters. You might want to call again after their tournament has gone to find out what worked and what didn't just to get the scope of things.
LAN Odyssey: 941-492-9777

Game-breakers hosts monthly tournaments that usually get a pretty nice turnout. They go the way of the door fee (10 dollars) from there people enter their events.
(786) 303-4232

These are the most consistent places I could find as parallels to the Tek Lounge. Feel free to call anyone (or all) you wish.

Sorry for the unorganized wall of text lol

UpTown

Smash Apprentice

Anyway, for the tournament
Either:
A. Each entry pays a door fee, that goes directly to Tech Lounge, then from their players pay for their event, which all go to the pot
B. Or, you can go without the door fee and take a certain percentage of the pot out to go to Tech Lounge, I'm pretty sure its better off being a percentage rather than a defined number.

Umm, heres a PM i sent awhile ago that pretty much encompasses a few of my ideas.

Taken straight from Giga's thread

Doubles: $10 admission per player ($20 per team)
Singles: $15 admission per player

Singles

If below than 90 players:

1st Place 40% of Singles Admission
2nd Place 15%
3rd Place 10%
4th Place 5%

If above 90 players:
1st Place 35% of Singles Admission
2nd Place 15%
3rd Place 10%
4th Place 5 %
5th/6th 2.5%
5th/6th 2.5%

Doubles

First Place team will receive 50% of doubles admission
Second Place team will receive 15% of doubles admission
Third Place team will receive 5% of doubles admission

^^^This a pretty good set-up and gets alot of people. As you can see only 30% goes goes to the store, but they still make plenty of money since attendance is so very high. I'm not too sure Naples can get 40+ people so I don't know how worth it it'll be.

Other tournaments, like Brawl Wars, go the way of the door fee. Its a small fee payed completely separate from the tournament. (Usually 5-10 dollars) Then people proceed to pay for their events. (Not that big of a difference, just psychologically better for some people) From there, all the money they pay toward the tourney goes into the pot, hence to avoid what some call "pot-****."

So basically, lets say 15 people attend, each pays 7 dollars at the door. Thats 105$ the store gets.

Now that everyone's in the venue

But one thing that all these places have is prizes based on variable attendace, in the form of percentages. Usually its 65-25-10 It may be harder to do the visa cards than cash and correctly distribute the winnings.

And heres another one,

Giga-Bits hosts tournament on a grand scale and attracts all of North and Mid-Florida. 30% of the pot goes to the store. I suggest calling because they have been such a concrete, stable place for smash. From what I hear, they have their sh*t together really well and its very organized and efficient.
Gigabits LAN Center: 407-281-0020

Lan Odyssey is brand new to the smash scene, their first tournament will be hosted in two weeks. A small entry fee of 5 dollars (Venue fee) goes to the store and from there people pay for their respective events.
As the Tek Lounge is relatively new to the smash scene as is Lan Oddessy, you might be able to get some valuable advice from these first-time hosters. You might want to call again after their tournament has gone to find out what worked and what didn't just to get the scope of things.
LAN Odyssey: 941-492-9777

Game-breakers hosts monthly tournaments that usually get a pretty nice turnout. They go the way of the door fee (10 dollars) from there people enter their events.
(786) 303-4232

These are the most consistent places I could find as parallels to the Tek Lounge. Feel free to call anyone (or all) you wish.

Sorry for the unorganized wall of text lol

it's tek* lounge.

-!-

Smash Lord
:snake: I have a few ideas:

A: (Most Tourneys have this I believe)
$5 Door Fee
$15 Singles (Prize 70%/20%/10%)
$10 Doubles ($20 Total) (Prize 70%/30%)

B: (If TekLounge isn't Satisfied with" A"s Door Fee)
$10 Door Fee
$10 Singles Prize (70%/20%/10%)
$10 Doubles ($20 Total) (Prize 70%/30%)

C: (If you want to keep it cheap for everyone)

$20 Total Fee
30% goes to TekLounge
the rest of the pot can be split in two (Half for Singles and Half for Doubles)
Individually, prizes for Singles and Doubles should be something like this:
1st 70%
2nd 30%

I made this considering a Turnout of 15 for Singles and 8 Teams for Doubles ( Regular Attendees), based on the percentage of the prizes I gave... Each Winner should get at least what he/she payed for Singles/Doubles Individually that is...

I myself Prefer "A" the best... some may not be able to afford a total of $30 (A and Bs Total) so paying separate for each event is a wise choice imo, and Choice "C" should be fine for everyone at the very least since it's the Cheapest and is balance I believe...

as we get better turnouts (over 30) we should be able to have some share of the pot for up to 4th and 5th place... if people come and get some share, the more reason to keep coming right???

so again, Choice "A" is my pick since it's more worth the traveling which equals better turnouts!

I'm Expecting at the very least 20 people for the next tourney or else I'm really gonna cry this time... I have faith on this bi-weeklies, should get big eventually...

+++M!X+++
+++L!X+++
"Total Devastation" Crew

Jssn

Smash Journeyman

Comparison with 30% **** and 5 Dollar house fee

So if 10 people show up and its $10 per person then it will be
$30 dollars to the store and only $70 available for the players,[/SIZE]
when the store could be making $50 if they put a 5 dollar house fee at the door and
It will be $100 dollars for the players, instead of $70.

Now lets say 20 people show up, and its $10 per person.
Then it will be $60 for the store, and only $140 available for the players.
When they could be making $100 dollars if they all had to pay a $5 dollar fee, not to mention that $200 dollars will be available for the players.

I think that what its goin on here is that the store isnt getting enough people to show up, so they are trying to make more money, so the best option for the STORE or HOST is too add the $5 dollar house FEe, and leave the POt 100% to the players. That way players make more money, and house makes more money; and it is only a 5$ dollar fee that is taking care of the electricity that is being used in the store.

All tournaments usually have that $5 dollar house fee.

AtTheDrive-In92

Smash Apprentice
rofl M!X I'm Zach, Uptown is Andrew xD

@Jssn -- you make a good point, I'll be at Tek Lounge today so I'll talk with the owner and get his input on prices and such.

-!-

Smash Lord
yea, I rather pay $5 for the venue then a percentage myself hence my first option of how things should run ^.^

Top Bottom