• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teen Titans: Titans Together

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer

After a handful of AGames failing, I decided I needed to step in and fix this. I invite you all to play in my Teen Titans adventure-game. Based off the Teen Titans animated series, the Teen Titans Go! comics, and a handful of my own ideas. This is a sandbox styled game, meaning it's going to be a time commitment. This takes a lot of inspiration from Evil Eye's legendary Batman: We Own The Knight. In fact, I would go far enough to say the format of the game is shamelessly borrowed from him. I'm looking for about 15 players, but I can make room for more. Once I get a handle on the sort of playerlist I'm given I'll go through the casting process with each of you. Then some betas. No estimate on when the actual game will begin, but I'm putting my honor on the line for this one. Literally if this game fails before it launches, you guys can like start a lynch party for me or call me all sorts of bad names; I would deserve it.

Playing the game

In-game time will pass at the rate of 4 hours for every real life day. You can use those 4 hours of in-game time to do anything. So an in-game day will pass after 6 days. And honestly I'm probably going to take a 7th real life day to let people catch-up, organize everything, or sometimes I actually like to do things with my life. The in-game time is cumulative up to an extent. For example if you happen to be out all of Monday or if our schedule just happens to make us miss each other, on Tuesday you'll still have the 4 hours from Monday.

As for responsibilities like eating and sleeping, things you'd actually have to do in real life. These are optional in normal circumstances. They would speed up recovering from an injury or some powers may be less effective on an empty stomach. Living expenses, assuming you have somewhere to live (:c), are a thing. Like EE's game it'll all just be one convenient bill.

Rules
  • This game will take place mostly on AIM. So AIM's required.
  • Private communication is only available if it would make sense in game. I'd prefer if I were given a copy of exchanged messages regarding the game but I'm not going to require it.
  • If you're going to have activity issues, send me a message. You can give me a routine to do while you're not here (i.e. research somethin).
  • No meta knowledge. I.E. you wouldn't know Robin's true identity unless you've learned that in-game.

This thread is for things that are public knowledge as well as social chat between players. The next post will contain maps and links to important posts in the thread. There will be a news report at the beginning of every day that includes important public events. There may also be breaking news for any big events. Don't expect to blow a building up without the media noticing, essentially.

Playerlist

1. marshy - Hot Spot
2. Macman - Beast Boy
3. Armor - Gizmo
4. BSL - Cyborg
5. Ryker - Blackfire
6. Evil Eye - Deathstroke
7. WashedLaundry - Jinx
8. KevinM - Red X
9. Kataefi - Kitten
10. Rockin - Cheshire
11. JTB - Terra
12. Gova - Starfire
13. DEHF - Raven
14. Soup - Doctor Light
15. Glyph - Mammoth
16. Tom - Robin
17. smashman90 - Madame Rouge
18. Gheb_01 - Wykkyd

Don't sign up unless you're ready for the time commitment, as this game will be a long-term thing. It'll be fun though and I'll work with you guys if there's any problems with scheduling or anything else. I just want this to be a fun experience for everybody more than anything, hopefully inspire more people to actually host these games!

My skype is: ceotis
My AIM is: azumarillbro

Please go ahead and add me on AIM or both.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Reserved. Swag.

Also I beat the hell out of Ryker's bet get outta here.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I'm in, by the way.

Wow, s2 on that quickupdate status. I didn't even get to post when I saw the thread live-update.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Im just posting so you get excited when you see my name as the most recent.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I wish you all good luck and hope the game goes smoothly. Due to timezones being a thing I don't see myself being able to play.

In game spoiler:
I'm Robin

:phone:

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Holy **** /in

I've always wanted to do an AGame and the flavor is delicious.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Dude what's up clownbot it's been a while man. Haven't seen you around dgames so I'm just asking to confirm that you'll be active.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
confirmed for Robbin again.

check my misspellings or maybe that's a play on words ooooh.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Dude what's up clownbot it's been a while man. Haven't seen you around dgames so I'm just asking to confirm that you'll be active.
Well I'm in HS and looking for a part-time job but I'd guess most other people on the sign-up list have college and work and other such commitments. And while I don't have experience with this type of game I'm assuming it doesn't require hours of play at a time or anything. Unless I've got the wrong idea there I'm confident in my ability to stay active.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Nah you're good Clownbot I just hadn't known that you were back and were afraid of you disappearing on me.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Sold: I figured it was something along those lines. I did participate in a game recently though, and while it didn't last as long for me as this ought to I was able to stay active. I won't lose interest, if that's your concern.

[yt]3JWaHYiYeE8[/yt]
Hours of play, sure, hours of play at a time... :ohwell:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
What is the best time frame for AIM stuff if I were to be sending stuff to ya Sold?

Dunno if I am sold, lol puns, on this given I'm not sure if I can dedicate to this or not.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
What is the best time frame for AIM stuff if I were to be sending stuff to ya Sold?
Afternoons and evenings. I've pushed my schedule a little bit back to where I'm more or less free from 2pm to whenever I go to bed, which is variable.

Also Clownbot it all sounds good so sweet.

edit: Anybody who catches me on AIM/Skype can begin casting now btw. I have a good grasp of what my player list will look like. Thank you all for waiting.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
If prefer Skype as well. I have aim tho so nbd

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
But I mean you could get creative on Skype and have # at the start for bold. Might make the game hilarious when everyone is getting tumblr on each others *****.

GM: action?
Player: #imgoin'in

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I want to sign up for this but I can't commit if it's gonna be going on late at night last most AGames usually do. When do you plan to run these?

Afternoons and evenings.
Hmm...Maybe this can work after all.

/in? Depends on you, I promise to be active as long as it isn't running too late in the day.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
But I mean you could get creative on Skype and have # at the start for bold. Might make the game hilarious when everyone is getting tumblr on each others *****.

GM: action?
Player: #imgoin'in

That's what I mean, things like that is what we did for skypemafia too. What about /me?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
legitimately wondering why skype doesnt work and aim does?
I think this is more concerning to the GM's side of things.

At first, it might not seem like a problem, but it may be difficult for the GM to propertly set himself up with others when looking at their actions (especially small/big confronts with players).

AIM is not only easlier, but everyone uses it. Having small IM windows at each corner of the screen helps navigate stuff for the mod faster.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Only old DGamers use aim, btw.

Everyone uses Skype now.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I think this is more concerning to the GM's side of things.

At first, it might not seem like a problem, but it may be difficult for the GM to propertly set himself up with others when looking at their actions (especially small/big confronts with players).

AIM is not only easlier, but everyone uses it. Having small IM windows at each corner of the screen helps navigate stuff for the mod faster.
legitimately the only reason i thought was applicable. it's nice to have each conversation windowed.

skype used to have a mechanic where you can pop conversations into windowed mode but i dunno if it's still around.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'm assuming that Glyph and DEHF will be active enough to play. What a pleasant surprise to see DEHF around here btw. Glyph I haven't seen you in so long so please contact me whenever.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
And then after you talk to stew, contact me too because we got some talking to do, baby. Skype preferably.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Sold, it feels like a ***** move of me to do this after affirming that I could be active but I think I jumped into it a little too quickly. I'm gonna have to /out but I'm sure you can find someone to take my spot in a hearbeat and I hope the game runs smoothly. I apologize again, but it's better that I do this now instead of wanting to quit after the game has actually picked up.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I can but I've lost my password! Whereas skype automatically logs me in :awesome:

Count me in and I'll get myself sorted

Top Bottom