• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Technique: SH, AirDodge to Nair

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
So Short Hop, Airdodge to Zair lags alittle and is sometimes hard to hit short characters like pikachu.

SH, Airdodge to Nair seems to be able to hit smaller characters alittle easier and you get less lag than an airdodge zair.

(You can airdodge away from the opponent and then Nair. If you land the hit you can get a follow up combo at certain percents. Its surprising how airdodging before an attack is great for mix ups. Just like airdodge to zair used to be for Toonlink in Brawl)

I got the idea from a mario player I was facing who kept running towards me and airdodging to Nair but toon seems capable of it too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, what a wonderful idea. First you make yourself super punishable by fairing around at people in the first place, whixh already has a ridiculous amount of start-up lag on it, but also air dodging first to make it even more predictable. As for air dodge > zair, why the hell would you even do that unless you insist on air dodging with a bomb? Anyone who's even tried that knows that it doesn't work with fair, only zair and in the case of zair you're subjecting yourself to an extra 10-12 frames of landing lag or so (iirc, isn't zair around 10 or 12 frames of landing lag? An air dodge is 22) for no good reason.

Normally I'd say to post this in our stickied metagame thread instead of making new thread, but something as ridiculous as suggesting we air dodge > fair doesn't even belong in a post there, nevermind its own thread or anywhere on this site for that matter. Really, I can't even say I'm surprised that someone who didn't even notice the thread pinned to the very top in big letters, saying "COME HERE BEFORE POSTING OR MAKING A NEW TOPIC" would end up posting something this ridiculous. It's extremely obvious you didn't think at all before making this post, and I'm not sure what else you expected from this.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

You can also said offstage
True. That's a very good point. Saidding off-stage is a very good option, I forgot about that. Yeah, airdodge > said while off-stage is insanely good, and is easily our best AT except maybe air swimming.

Edit: Airdodge > dair off-stage is another good option, too. Dair is definitely our best aerial off-stage.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Champ-

Smash Apprentice
True. That's a very good point. Saidding off-stage is a very good option, I forgot about that. Yeah, airdodge > said while off-stage is insanely good, and is easily our best AT except maybe air swimming.

Edit: Airdodge > dair off-stage is another good option, too. Dair is definitely our best aerial off-stage.
Like I said, saiding is a very good option off stage.

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
geesh, never posting here again just trying to help the toon game. Oh well you win some u lose some.Some overacting going on, just a game not that serious. Please no one bother replying anymore, just close the thread whom ever is moderator.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

why don't we just skip the SH Airdodge to Fair and go straight to run jump to SH Uair as fast as possible??????????????????
This is best when done off-stage then input the uair by the bottom blast zone, that way your opponent will be too low to recover. Or was I thinking of Toon Link? Either way, trust me, it works really well. I highly recommend it for anyone looking to improve.

D

Deleted member

What about just doing JC airdodges? Seriously, why have we never thought of this before?

ultrament2

Smash Cadet
NNID
ultrament2
You see Artmastercorey, there's something I'm missing here. Where's the booze? Because obviously in a sober person's mind they'd see how many frames it takes to execution an airdodge, how many I-frames it has, how many frames it has non-invincible, and how many frames before Fair begins. You mentioned Zair but what's a zair is that a new thing where we shoot our bow using our z-button? How do I input it? How do I shot bow?

D

Deleted member

You see Artmastercorey, there's something I'm missing here. Where's the booze? Because obviously in a sober person's mind they'd see how many frames it takes to execution an airdodge, how many I-frames it has, how many frames it has non-invincible, and how many frames before Fair begins. You mentioned Zair but what's a zair is that a new thing where we shoot our bow using our z-button? How do I input it? How do I shot bow?
I dunno what the **** a zair is, either. I know the z button doesn't do that, though. Isn't the z button for taunting?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Jeez I leave for one day to go to a tournament.

Ok so here's the thing. If it wasn't for all the spam, I would actually leave this thread open. Why? Read up. http://smashboards.com/threads/sh-ad-options-mixup-opportunities-and-hit-confirms-galore.390062/
The point is, this is an actual thing that people actually use. Is it good for Toon? Not sure.
Now, it would have been better if it was posted in the metagame thread, so here's the plan. I'm going to lock this thread, and then @ A Artmastercorey is going to post a similar post to the one made in the OP only this time it will be posted in the metagame thread, found here, and we're all going to take it seriously and actually stop to consider whether there may be something to this or not.
Good.

Edit: I guess he never posted it in the metagame thread. Anyway, gladly re-opening this thread.

Last edited:

SDMagic

Smash Rookie
Alright so let's get to discussing!

The positives of this are:

+ Can be used as an alternative to rolling/spot-dodging, it even has the added bonus of having a hitbox attached to it.

+ If you want to get in through projectile spam or catch a projectile and be able to quickly throw it back while moving.

+ Toon Link has the option of pressing A slightly earlier during the air-dodge to go into Zair for range purposes.

+ Can trip (more of a Nair thing, but it can still happen here)

+ If you're feeling frisky, it's also possible to use other aerials: Dair, Bair (has crazy endlag), and even Uair works if you time the dodge early enough (still has normal endlag though).

Cons:

- There is some slight endlag on the Nair.

- If you accidentally Zair during this you will have the full airdodge landing lag.

- Cannot get the back hitbox of the Nair unless you jump off a platform or ledge with it.

That's mostly what I know so far. For some other characters this is an amazing and extremely useful tech. I think it can be for Toon Link as well.

Ryochi

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyochiMayeabara
I'll try this when I can and see what I can do with it.

@Artemis ultrament2 ultrament2

He was just trying to help you know. Whether or not it was wrong you guys were kinda being jerks about it.

Top Bottom