• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Techchasing with Sonic?

Krumpberry

Banned via Warnings
So how do you guys like to techchase as Sonic? I usually opt to dthrow -> run after and regrab. Or if I'm below a platform, uthrow -> wavedash regrab, or maybe just sideb to knock them off the platform. What are your go-to tech chasing options?

Vultron

Smash Apprentice
After a dthrow I will run forward a few units (2 -3) and dash dance, that usually covers all my options for a JC grab unless they tech away and even then I get it.

Miss tech is usually Jab > FSmash if they are at a higher percentage

Tech in place is very easily covered by a SideB (soft or hard) to drag them off the ledge.

Tech towards the stage is almost always a grab > back throw because I prefer to keep my enemies offstage, even at lower percentages because the upper hand I get is really good.

Zenokidz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Narukami
3DS FC
1091-8486-9344
I tend to go for j.c grabs a lot out of my tech chase situations. it good to incorporate down b into your knockdowns though, it provides a good mix up if you can read a tech away from your opponent. Also there is always jab reset into whatever option you want if they miss the tech. Oh and d tilt is great for a combo extender if they miss a tech as well. it'll start you aerial strings up pretty easily.

Top Bottom