• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tech_Chase wants YOU to assist in the BBR MU Chart project!

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I had a dream that 4GOD said I was a cool guy but a bad player on smashboards.

I never met the guy, and I don't play much anymore, but it still hurt.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
that reminds me that one of my coworkers has a license plate that says vex and it makes me smile every morning when I'm walking into work.

By the way thanks for those videos Big D, that olimar match was very informative and I look forward to trying some of your tips out myself. That pika video played kinda like I figured it would. Pika's biggest strength is how much more mobile and little he is compared to ddd. Plus his grab game is better than ours is in this matchup which sucks.

:phone:

FredFuchs

Smash Apprentice
i'm going to pitch in here:
d3 v zss make -1 or 0. this is because d3 doesn't have a hard time approaching zss, can shield grab, and can cancel side b with an f-tilt. however, zss can juggle and combo d3 fairly well
d3 v olimar make -3 (might be a stretch but i would say it's one of d3s hardest mus)

FredFuchs

Smash Apprentice
i would still say olimar is up there, mainly because it's really hard to safely approach olimar due to ddd's lack of mobility and rather not so fast aerials with the exception of bair and nair (but nair kinda sucks). and if the ddd gets too close, olimar can just grab him. i've seen matches between coney and logic and they were pretty messy. that being said, olimar has no problem racking up damage and can get a kill off rather easily with monique or a blue pikman.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
You say nair sucks.....until it combos into utilt. :smirk:

What color's "monique"? :confused: If you've really watched Coney vs Logic, then you'd know that MU's probably not our worst. We can get a kill "rather easily" on Olimar too once we get him offstage, or at least force him to eat damage.

FredFuchs

Smash Apprentice
You say nair sucks.....until it combos into utilt. :smirk:

What color's "monique"? :confused: If you've really watched Coney vs Logic, then you'd know that MU's probably not our worst. We can get a kill "rather easily" on Olimar too once we get him offstage, or at least force him to eat damage.
monique=purple. in the matches between coney and logic, if my memory serves me correctly, coney had to do some pretty weird looking stuff

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Inhale to punish predicted spotdodges? I'd rather Dsmash/Dash Attack

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If you already read the spotdodge, a single Dmash is more rewarding, Dash Attack is, as already said, very situational, but at the right moment it might mean a stock.
meh, maybe my region is too bad and people spotdodge so often (one more than others btw) that it's easy to read.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I just think that Inhale is safer to throw out because it covers more options than just spot-dodge, it's harder to punish, and it's easier to use for me (more lenient on timing and all that). Dsmash and DA, I like to use in instances where the opponent is forced to make a decision (read: NOT at neutral) such as during a tech-chase. I also like to use dsmash on read rolls behind me. I don't know, that's my take on it.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Exactly what bubba said. If you miss read you will be much better off with inhale. But down smash is my favorite punish. Best punish of a read air dodge into the ground. Just makes me cry when I botch the timing on the air dodge punish and they power shield my down smash.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I guess I'm simply good with timings overall, not in vain I play Pump it Up :p

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Your threads are just so amazing that we can't help ourselves. I say its all your fault Technical Chase. Hope you are proud of yourself.

FredFuchs

Smash Apprentice
i was reading the older pages of this thread and i saw something about ddd v diddy being -1. how exactly does that work because the nanner play is so annoying to get around for me. i can only beat diddy on battlefield as ddd when i'm playing my A (or even "B+") game and it's still ends up being pretty close

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Use Waddles and play patiently. Try to gimp him early and punish his actions off the ledge. Watch for his "burst actions" (find my post where I go into a huge explanation of why DDD:Diddy is -1 and you'll see what each of his burst actions are). Also, be decent with your item play. All of these things completely transform this MU. You're still disadvantaged though, so the MU will be difficult. Watch videos of 4GOD and Vex versus Diddys because they're probably the best DDDs ever at that MU.

FredFuchs

Smash Apprentice
i'm going to post here again since i have more to say. i think i be right to assume ddd v mk is -3. i've played that mu today and numerous times before, and it goes without say that it's the most frustrating thing i've ever experienced. i could be wrong however, and this is all theorycraft, but mk out speeds ddd in both frame data and dash. one example: if an f tilt doesn't connect, ddd can take a pretty hard punish

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Ever played a VERY patient Olimar who doesn't approach at all?
That's the most frustrating experiences.

Very similar to MK in that regard.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
My friend, who mains Olimar, never approaches. He plays both Olimar and TL and is very familiar with the concept of never approaching (if he doesn't have to) and walling your opponent out. I'll still say he's nowhere NEARLY as bad as MK. At least you can gain some form of momentum against Olimar, Olimar can be gimped, and Oli doesn't possess a single move that practically invalidate almost every single one of DDD's options.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
To clarify my purposely ambiguous post above, the ONLY move DDD has to outright counter Mach Tornado is an extremely well-timed utilt. That's it. A single hit which leads to nothing unless MK was at high %'s. Everything else gets beat out cleanly (unless you can consistently PS > shieldgrab the tornado). If you can't utilt the 'nado, then run.....RUN!!! :smash:

Edit: I understand that many characters don't really have options to beat Tornado, but you have to remember that DDD is also a very large character that is effectively the least mobile character in the game. Not being able to beat out tornado with anything hurts really badly.

Top Bottom