• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tech Video

Big_R

Smash Champion
I don't know why I liked watching that for 2 and a half minutes, but I did. Teching from the phantasm is tricky. >_>

I liked that tech from Mario's cape too.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
actually the mario cape tech was one of the hardest.. that and bullit bill... lol he's a pain.

once you start teching, it comes completley natural to just hit L as you near the level...

i'm going to re-do part of the video and put a big L on the screen as i start hitting L, that way people can learn the timings.

Moose42687

Smash Rookie
Wow! That was some teching for sure. Good music too. But maybe in addition to the insertion of the L timing, you could add some more stages. I DEMAND A TINGLE TECH!

The Cape

Smash Master
Viperboy, good vid.

In my experience I think that Falco is actually one of the game's best techers, and you showed it off really well :)

Now, try doing it with Bowser (one of the worst techers).

viperboy_74

Smash Master
Now, try doing it with Bowser (one of the worst techers).
lol i'll see if i can throw a few of those in thre :)

lol is it even possible to tech tingle? i'll try...

FD is definately the easiest stage to tech, i can tech virtually everything there... i can probly put some dream land and Yoshi story is there too...

it'll take me a few weeks maybe but i'll remake part of this

Xx GuNz xX

Smash Journeyman
Nice. I love watching amazing things like teching mario cape. . . *Goes to practice teching*

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i like the car one where you did die, but you still teched it, just teching that stuff was crazy, i'm lucky if i get 1 in a match

viperboy_74

Smash Master
hey ihad a questoin bout ike, if he can do this too..

he actually mains fox now and i've taught him to tech like me... it's takin time but he's getting there! lolz...

to anwser the second part of that question,
luigi is really hard to tech with... i know ike can't tech with him at all and i only can sometimes.

workin on redoin the vid with the L button now.

AS Money

Smash Lord
i think i will hold out for dopes brother from what i hear 6 7 8 9 falco spikes in a row is common for him

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nice vid viper, showing off your 1337 teching skittles =p

Anyway, any idea why Luigi's tech is harder than for example Fox's? I've always wondered why.

Cort

Apple Head
Good stuff. You should show more instant illusion after wall tech stuff =P

It looks too sexy...

4% APR

Smash Champion
Great video! I think you should put some others characters in there too, so you could show ledge teching with other characters recoveries, so people can see what it looks like.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
**** your good! how can you tech cape >.<

ive been practising teching alot, and i can tech most things, but th eproblem is i get stuck in a "techloop" where i tech something, and then as i firebird up again i am likely to get hit again, and i have to tech again, and my damage racks up really quick >.< or i just miss the tech and die

how do you make it so that you can wallhop after? i know you have to just hold up(?) when you tech, but the problem is i smash DI into the wall to tech, so that means my control stick is facing into the wall.

do i just have to smash DI, and then press away really quickly or something?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Lol great stuff! Have you tried tech rolling Ness dash attack? It makes you get a REALLY long tech roll.

tell that peach not to use dsmash edgeguard in that case. too easy to tech. FC bairs=better.
entertaining i suppose. :D

Xelyst

-_-
tech a peach demon dropped on your forward+b sweetspot (with fox), lolol, >.> too sexi

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Amazing video, great reflexes. I literally laughed out loud when you teched off of birdo, that was so funny! Great stuff.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
alright got some progress made. the redone vid should be ready by mid december at the latest. sorry for the inconvience, but it's comin!

thanks to omniswell for helping with the video technology of editing the video.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
The trick is to tech within 1/3 of a second BEFORE you get hit,
but don't button bash, because pressing tech blocks the ability
to tech for the remaining 2/3s of that second.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
u shoulda teched the lasres on corneria, I do it with ness all the time.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
yeah there were a few techs i thought of after i made the vid.

lasers on corneria, the bottom of Battlefield (i can tech it, but i can't survive afterwords), and a death tournip thrown from above...

oh well, can't win em all :p

ForestSage

Smash Journeyman
Can you tech Dr./Mario's cape if you do the up-B recovery as opposed to >B? Granted you're close to the ledge.

Sweet video. My favorite is when you both up-b'd yourself back up and you tech-wall jumped yourself to the level while the fox fell :]

Top Bottom