• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tech Fox Up-Smash (Change Meta?)

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
Video of subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAP5VPaFla0

M2K in his amazing loser's bracket run at the Canada Cup with his Marth who played extremely well and did some things that I have thought about against Fox but never did: tech his Up-Smash. At 4:53, M2K is against KJH on Yoshi's Story. KJH does a SH dair into waveshine U-Smash. However, instead of sending M2K into the air, M2K techs it and stays on the ledge. He does it again in the same tournament, but I have to find that clip when I have the time.

Could this change the meta against Fox? Does anyone know about this trick? Is it Marth specific? Is this brand new; I have seen Axe try it on Yoshi's and he did it at kill percent and just grabbed the ledge? Is M2K just doing incredible SDI to the stage then teching it?

Last edited:

NOTICE

Smash Rookie
I think the combination of Marth being at a low percent plus M2K SDI'ing into the stage lets Marth do that. I would assume that most characters are able to do this.

SwissMagic

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-0182-4834-2135
This goes both ways with SDI and percents, so if you had perfect SDI you could do this if you know fox's timing, and percent makes it so more hitstun is in play so you have more time to SDI

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
This goes both ways with SDI and percents, so if you had perfect SDI you could do this if you know fox's timing, and percent makes it so more hitstun is in play so you have more time to SDI
I think you're confusing hitlag and hitstun. You SDI during hitlag which is unaffected by percentage

Top Bottom