• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tech chasing...

DDRKirby(ISQ)

Smash Ace
ok, so i've recently gotten a lot better at tech-chasing (or at least it seems so) in general, and mewtwo's wd in particular sets up real well for it, but the other day i was playing a marth and had trouble following up after a dthrow--when he DI'd and teched away from me i couldn't follow it up, even though i predicted he was going to do so.

am I just not moving fast enough or what? maybe my WD wasn't angled right? do i need two wd's? do i need to dash->wd?

i'm sure it's possible to follow with a wd->dtilt.....

....right?

Codename: Zero

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure some people tech faster / farther than others. Mewtwo isn't exactly the greatest tech chaser so I'm pretty sure it's not you.

Metà

Smash Master
Mewtwo can tech-chase any character regardless of where they move. He has a ridiculously good WD, so you just need to get it going faster. Also, I've seen Taj use B-up for tech-chasing.

DDRKirby(ISQ)

Smash Ace
well it's not an issue of predicting--i already knew he was going to DI+tech away.

i watched some of my match vids tho--seems like i just wasn't doing it fast enough...
I was trying to do dash->wd->dtilt, but in reality it should only be wd'ing because m2's dash doesn't go anywhere at all (guess i'm too used to fox)...
in some other cases I think that his % was just too high for me to be able to follow it (i'm talking like ~100% here)...usually that'd be time to start going for uthrow/bthrow kills, but we were on DL64, so i knew he wouldn't die...
tricky stuff...

RapE

Smash Ace
Stop playing mewtwo i mean ****!

Also get good dont tech chase marth!

Metà

Smash Master
I like this thread, so I'm going to make some more posts in it.

Mewtwo is possible one of the best tech-chasers in the game (next Marth and Falcon of course). The thing that makes him so great at this is that all his approaches are on the ground, and when tech-chasing, it's hard to use aerials. WD ---> grab is incredible. Sliding tilts are great too. Hell, all of Mewtwo's ground attacks are good for tech-chasing.

Oh yeah, and try using disable. Should work nicely, though I've never done it before (but I don't play Mewtwo, I just find him incredibly cool, and Mewtwo players have my respect).

*_*

quak

Smash Champion
well put meta, after a tech chase is the only time i choose to use disable

against Fastfallers, if they DI correctly (meaning away), then you can techchase to d-tilt, and nail em with some aerials then.

keep practicing

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
I find that an l-cancled teleport can really help. You can travel quite far in a relitivly short amoun t of time. Or I always like to dash for just a second before/while performing my first WD in a teck chase. idk I seem to get going faster. I don't really seem to haed a problem with my friends Fox or Falco. hope this helps.

quak

Smash Champion
if im not mistaken, you can't L-cancel teleport, in fact, im pretty sure that the only b move you can L-cancel is sheiks needles, but it doesn't cut down lag, it gives you claws like wolverine. (Just an easteregg/glitch)

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
I find that an l-cancled teleport can really help. You can travel quite far in a relitivly short amoun t of time. Or I always like to dash for just a second before/while performing my first WD in a teck chase. idk I seem to get going faster. I don't really seem to haed a problem with my friends Fox or Falco. hope this helps.
youve mistaken for what we know as Shorthop-Teleport. the way to decrease teleport's lag is to shorthop a tiny bit before you teleport horizontally, since aerial landing lag is much less than ground landing lag.

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
ya short hop teleport, I just L-cancel it out of habit. I really didn't know that you couldn't do it on m2's up b. weird. Sorry guys. My bad

DDRKirby(ISQ)

Smash Ace
can i get verification (its been implied but not really stated outright) that sh teleport is faster than just perfect WD'ing over?

i mean, even if it isn't, i'd still use it anyways, just for the cool factor, but i'm just curious...

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I would say that short hop teleport and wave dashing both have their uses. Wave dash if the distance is within reason, short hop teleport if you need very specific placing that the wave dash will not be able to reach.

Top Bottom