• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teams tier list ?

Most players seem to think it looks something like this (regarding 1v1's top 8 only)

Fox
Jigglypuff
Sheik
Peach
Captain Falcon
Marth
Falco
Ice Climbers

Neville

ayyyy lmaooo
Anyone could have guessed that. You just listed the top 8 characters instead of saying what characters have the best synergy.

I wouldn't be one to answer about this, since I play Falco/G&W in doubles, but doubles is moreso about how you interact with your partner, I'd say. It's good to have 2 top-tier characters who have really good MUs, but mid tiers could probably beat 2 top tiers if they work together better.

AirFair

Marth tho
as said above it comes down to working with your partner. Top tiers will of course be good, but you need a team, not a character.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Best strategy: Use duo ICs, gentleman's to FoD, and abuse the lag ;)

JKJ

Smash Ace
I tried to make this a while ago with two charts, each with two axes. It didn't go that well, but i still want to try the idea out more, because I think its an important thing to establish. However, we could simply make a list of the best teams as well. The combinations would be really numerous, though.

in general, though, I think the teams tier list would probably look like this:

1. Fox/Puff
2. Fox/Fox
3. Puff/Puff
4. Sheik/Puff
5. Sheik/Peach
6. Fox/Sheik
7. Fox/Peach
8. Peach/Puff

something like that.

Im Fragbait

Smash Apprentice
I tried to make this a while ago with two charts, each with two axes. It didn't go that well, but i still want to try the idea out more, because I think its an important thing to establish. However, we could simply make a list of the best teams as well. The combinations would be really numerous, though.

in general, though, I think the teams tier list would probably look like this:

1. Fox/Puff
2. Fox/Fox
3. Puff/Puff
4. Sheik/Puff
5. Sheik/Peach
6. Fox/Sheik
7. Fox/Peach
8. Peach/Puff

something like that.

Could someone explain to me why Falcos not great in dubs, I believe it's because he gets womboed easily, most of his combos are only good when there's not a teammate to stop it, and he has an awful recovery

Could someone explain to me why Falcos not great in dubs, I believe it's because he gets womboed easily, most of his combos are only good when there's not a teammate to stop it, and he has an awful recovery
The laser becomes counterproductive. It's easily 1 of his best moves in 1v1 and it can end up just messing up your own partner in 2v2

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Even in teams there's still Foxes everywhere.

BBOY15

Smash Apprentice
I don't think many people have had enough experience messing around with characters to do well at a teams tier list. There's tons of undiscovered stuff about team play, such as what teams are good against what other teams, etc.

Samus and Sheik is a pretty boss team. Samus's homing missles aren't as high risk for hitting your teammate. Her Nair allows her to easily swoop into the front lines and clear the area of enemies. And even though Sheik will be more in the front lines, Samus is still an even matchup against Fox, so she can hold her own when little 1 on 1s happen.

Last edited:

Hax

Smash Champion
SSS
Fox

S
Jigglypuff
Peach - the best character to use against Fox other than Fox himself but Jigglypuff hard counters her

A
Falco - i firmly believe he's better than Sheik just nobody's showing it right now
Sheik
Samus

teams is less balanced/more polarized than singles and the characters start to be pretty bad to have on your team after these 6

B
Marth
C. Falcon

everyone else is really bad imo. Pikachu comes in at 9th probably

Fox and Falco are the only characters that can deal with Jigglypuff in teams. she has an incredible advantage over Samus/Peach/C.Falcon/Marth and a solid one over Sheik.

team compositions tier list:

Fox/Fox
Fox/Jigglypuff
Jigglypuff/Jigglypuff
Fox/Peach
Fox/Falco - this is favored over double Jigglypuff
Fox/Sheik

...**** this i don't even wanna make this list but i'd say those are top 6

Last edited:

hariooo

Smash Apprentice
Falcon is pretty underrated. No one else has the footspeed+aerial kill potential that he has.

FrenkM0J0

Smash Apprentice
Falcon is pretty underrated. No one else has the footspeed+aerial kill potential that he has.
But I think that he does not make a fair contribution to the team when played in doubles. In 1v1 he can outspeed his opponent and it means that his low priority aerial game is easily compensated when played right. In 2v2 however I think that the abundance of opponents kind of takes that out of balance.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Fox, Jigglypuff, Falcon, Sheik are all amazing in doubles. Marth and Peach are great too. Falco isn't nearly as good in doubles as he is in singles but he can manage.

There is a reason double Fox teams are common though.

BareHand

Smash Rookie
Feel like hard hitters like Ganondorf should be on there for KO potential.

Top Bottom