teams tier list

so, changelist

Stages

The Starter Stage List consists of Congo Jungle.
The Counterpick Stage List consists of Peach's Castle, Planet Zebes, Dream Land, Hyrule Castle.

The Online/Gameshark Additions to Starter Stages are Final Destination and How To Play.
The Online/Gameshark Additions to Counterpicks are Dream Land without wind, Hyrule Castle without Tornadoes, Metal Mario Stage and Battlefield. Under no circumstances are matches to be played on Race to the Finish or Kirby Beta 2 Stage.

First match of all sets is played on Congo Jungle.

If Gamesharking is in effect, the Stage Striking system is used. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the Starter Stage List until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set.

Characters

The following characters are legal: Kirby, Fox, Captain Falcon, Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Ness, Jigglypuff, Samus, Link.

Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) are banned. Master Hand, Metal Mario and Polygon characters are banned.

Low Tiers tournaments should use the following characters: Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Samus and Link.

Agreed with KF. If you see a serious Winner's/Grand Finals with one/two Pikachus the gameplay is disturbingly similar to MK play. Very campy aerials to avoid punishment and once a hit gets off momentum shifts. Although momentum can shift back a lot easier in 64 I suppose.

But even in terms of recovery, both are very strong and both have the "best" recoveries for their respective games.

PS) But I guess Pikachu has never been suggested (seriousuly) for a ban for two main reasons:
1. The competitive nature in smash 64 is nothing like the extremelyuptightaboutwinning East Coast in brawl and,
2. A more skilled player will usually will in 64 while being slightly underskilled but using MK can get the win.
time to post the new ruleset?

OK just saw this thread because I check the BR like a couple of times a month oops I mean every day obviously

Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) are banned. Master Hand, Metal Mario and Polygon characters are banned.
I think that the banning of Polygon characters is absolutely ridiculous and should be removed at once. I mean, they obviously aren't broken or anything, are they? They're ****ing NORMAL CHARACTERS WITHOUT B MOVES. WHAT THE ****. This severe flaw in the ruleset must be addressed immediately.

And +1 to banning Ness, with him and Pika gone I'd daresay this game would be pretty balanced