• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teams Tier List: version 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Just because your team mate can interrupt it doesn't mean it is going to happen all the time.

@Umbreon

Peach also has issues with approaching, fox and low percent kills (at least compared to Sheik). Sheik also gets her approaches and fox helped by having a team mate who can help control space.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Sheik can gimp the crap out of teams once they are off the edge.

Especially if she has someone covering the space above her.

Peach and Sheik are a great team IMO.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
lol, I think Zelda is better than Doc in teams.

WHERE YOU AT BOSS8? GET SOME
That one's a tough call I think. Doc is definitely a good edgeguarder against most of the melee cast. But Zelda's aerials are ridiculous. I'd have to learn more about Zelda to judge accurately. All I know about Zelda is that she's got two aerials that have the hit power of Falcon's knee with Ganon's attack range.

D

Deleted member

Just because your team mate can interrupt it doesn't mean it is going to happen all the time.

@Umbreon

Peach also has issues with approaching, fox and low percent kills (at least compared to Sheik). Sheik also gets her approaches and fox helped by having a team mate who can help control space.
if you have a good teammate and a good strategy going you should be trying to isolate one of the 2 opposing characters such that it looks something like this:

You have one the character with better approaches isolated (fox) on the inside doing a 2 vs 1. A well-controlled 2 vs 1 is the most favorable position you can ever be at in teams, so it makes sense to try to set it up even before the other teammate is knocked out. You isolate the one with better approaches so the character with worse approaches (in this case, the marth) is less likely to be able to prevent the situation. Keeping the marth alive and hurt is also a good idea if at all possible, since it will take the marth player more time to get back over to help his teammate upon being hit away and also forces early life borrows from the other player (you're essentially blackmailing the marth into a 2 vs 1 of his own if he doesn't let fox borrow lives). In the event that the isolated player escapes and attacks one teammate, the other is immediately ready to interrupt them the entire time. So yes, it's not going to happen "all the time" but it's going to happen a damn lot if you play to the optimal strategy.

Peach has awesome approaches because her moves are great against crouching even at low %, something sheik doesn't really have a good answer to in teams. her only real anti-crouching tool is her grab, and her throws are slow as **** for teams.

Peach can fight full jump drill shine upsmash but jumping into the dair and using nair and trading very favorably. Against SH drill peach just has to be careful, but fox's sh dair isn't exactly the safest thing vs peach anyway. I think fox's spaced bair or random upsmashes with no set-up are more threatening to peach, and she's not terrible against either of them.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Wow. Call me crazy but I think Pikachu should be at least 2 places higher. With that current list I personally think he should be right under Sheik. He's very quick and very good at saving your partner with that amazing recovery, has moves like Fair Uair Dsmash and thunderjolt to get your opponent teammate (silly Jeff) out of a combo, very good at gimping, and has a very fast vertical KO move.

In 2v1's, he can rapid jab while your teammate is grabbing for an easy infinite, and finish with Usmash. Or just straight up Usmash which is both a KO move and a combo starter.

He's not too bad in 1v2's with his edge game. Ledge hop Uair is very good for sending opponents off stage, where he can go for a reverse tailspike.

I think that Pikachu is one of the best teams characters. Just my opinion.
I was just about to say that I think Pikachu should definitely be AT LEAST one tier up.
I also think Peach should be top tier with Fox and Jiggs.

Samus should be lower IMO
Ganon should be lower IMO
Zelda lower IMO

gm jack

Smash Lord
That first bit is just a great guide for people who play doubles like 2 1v1 games.

I do agree that peach is able to do more to crouching opponents, as I doubt many characters can punish a cc as well as a peach in float. Sheik does do better 1v1 in most of the top tier match ups though, and so may be better at setting up the 2v1 situations in the first place with fair's awkward angle forcing a lot of longer recoveries.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
i greatly appreciated your post umbreon, i just dont know what to say to it. i mean, other than like, you know, thanks.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Umbreon is a knowledgeable person.

I also agree with Pika being higher because of his awesome recovery, gimping potential and really easy infinite with jab/grab.

I used to team with my friend who was a Roy/Peach player and Pika/Roy were pretty effective.(Not as good as our Peach/Sheik though, that **** was broken lol)

Team Thunderflare!

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
This list is horrible lol. Bowser is not the worst character in teams. Pikachu should be way higher. Pikachu is amazing in teams. He's just like Fox. Axe and I have proved that enough already.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
What a ****ty list. I can't beleive you idiots place falco so low. Its not like he has the best saves (lasers, shine) and the best team combo finisher (dair). And also his grab goes from being one of the worst to one of the best, this being the character that is the best at getting grabs in the game.

Smash Master
It's because lasers are sometimes bad and his recovery is short, so one edgeguard kills him.

Peach is slow. She can't create 2 v 1, even if she knocks an opponent away, and if she's ever more than half-stage away from her partner it's a free 2 v 1 for the other team.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Or if the opponent jumps over them and they catch your team mate if they are in the line of fire. Or just if you opponent can consistently power shield them back so preventing falco's easy mode approaches.

If you just say "if it isn't perfect, you're doing wrong", then what stops that happening for everyone?

Falco is good in teams, do doubt. Fox, Jiggs, Sheik and Peach just do it better.

Smash Master
Sometimes, meaning, fewer situations than in singles, where Falco's laser is "usually" good.

herpaderp

gm jack

Smash Lord
But you also can't be firing them any time that is safe to deny your opponent space or movement.

And that happens a lot more than saving a team mate.

Walt

Smash Ace
If you think Falco is bad in teams you've never played a good Falco in teams. Smart lasering(saving/stopping team combos/breaking momentum)+playing defensive+teammate that knows how to play with Falco+huge team combo damage = just suuuucks to play against. Falco is bad on his own but when you remember that the keyword is TEAM he can be a **** train just like in singles.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If you think Falco is bad in teams you've never played a good Falco in teams. Smart lasering(saving/stopping team combos/breaking momentum)+playing defensive+teammate that knows how to play with Falco+huge team combo damage = just suuuucks to play against. Falco is bad on his own but when you remember that the keyword is TEAM he can be a **** train just like in singles.
Well.. it really depends who you fight, the strongest Falco in teams I've faced would be PP and Mango. Falco gets gimped pretty quickly if it goes to a 2v1 situation vs Falco, it can happen at any time if someone is not careful, or someone forces a punish.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Luigi and Pikachu are essentially 2 of the best teams characters.
They have everything need and what they provide a team is beyond most of the best singles characters. Teaming Pika with someone who can deal damage and Luigi with someone who doesn't need help recovering (even team them with each other) and they're set. Which is a lot easier to fill than what almost all other characters need help with in doubles.

It's all about the players in the end though.
:)

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Young link is an amazing defensive character and stock tanks like a beast in doubles. If he camps the platforms and does it smart he won't get hit. Bombs are an amazing tool, as are his other projectiles, for messing up opponents and for saving his teammate. Young link excells at making the stage a minefield of bombs, boomerangs, and arrows that disrupt opponents. And it is completely possible for young link to keep his teammate out of the crossfire. He's not much of a kill character, but teaming him with someone that can kill easily and avoid projectiles works wonders. The fact that you put young link so low on the list tells me that you don't understand the character.

Pikachu should also be higher. I'd say young link is about where pikachu is on the list right now and pikachu is about where ganon is right now.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I think Fox is better than Puff in teams. He's faster, so he can run away or save better than Puff. He has stronger moves to kill with(and can get into kill positions for team combos faster because he is faster). Also, he handles 2v1s better than Puff because his quick kill moves(namely shine and upsmash....and we'll say Bair for discussion purposes because it's good too) don't leave him as lagged as Puff's rest and her Bair doesn't kill without edgeguards for quite a while.

I feel like Peach is better than Sheik in teams because she doesn't have mobility issues with everyone so close and a partner to feed opponents to her+Dsmash is obnoxious and hits both sides of her quickly and powerfully. I also think she tanks better than Sheik. Sheik is faster and gimps faster though, so that's worth noting. I think Peach saves better though due to turnips(Armada's turnips are STUPID). Needles might be comparable though *shrug*

I'm not sure yet about Falco in teams, but I don't know if he's THAT bad off. I'll have to think about it.

I wish I could play around with lasers with more static teammates....that feels like it has so much potential.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I think Falco Peach could be alright because Peach could float over some SHLs and they could cover lots of ground at neutral in this way. Also, Peach could tank in case of Falco dying in silly team ways lol. Also also, Peach can slow down the pace of games vs Fox/double Fox teams out of respect for Dsmash quick kills or CGs or gimps. Falco's lasers could also give Peach the small advantage she needs to stop being walled out if Falco is being semi double-teamed. Falco+Peach shield pressure would be absolute murder lol.

Puff gets most of the same advantages as Peach with Falco, except Falco can do big launchers(namely Dair shine and Uptilt) into rest instead and he can laser to wake her up.

There's probably more but I'm starting with this to see what people think.

Guh I want a static teammate to test stuff with lol.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
PP, when I become better than you, let's become static teammates. You there's a really really slight chance it may possibly maybe happen.

M2K, how do you feel about Ganon in teams? I've always felt he plays better there than in singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom