• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team victory animations

PF9

Smash Lord
One thing I'd like to see in the new game is unique victory animations for certain teams of characters.

The animations don't have to be just for characters with canon relationships (i.e. Mario and Luigi, Link and Zelda). Characters with relationships established in the Subspace Emissary (like Pikachu/Samus [both forms], Link/Pit, Luigi/Ness) could also have team victory animations of their own, as can characters that have relationships established in a possible story mode in Smash Switch.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I've actually given this some thought too and it's a feature I'd love to see:

Mario leaping onto Yoshi's back before Yoshi runs around in a circle and they do a victory pose
Mario and Wario squaring off,
Bowser picking up Jr(or one of the Koopalings) and placing him on his shoulders,
Marth posing with Lucina fangirling behind him, or disguising herself as 'Marth',
Mewtwo spinning the Pokemon around him whilst chuckling
Roy and Ike creating a ring of flames around them with their blades
Sonic leaping atop ROB/Megaman and knocking them over before looking apologetic("Sorry about that; force of habit")
Kirby playing with Luma as Rosalina watches
Both Links spinning their blades or possibly fleeing from Cuccoos...

PF9

Smash Lord
Mewtwo and PIkachu's (also applying to Mewtwo and Charizard) team animations could involve the former saying things along the lines of "this battle was just a warm-up! Now to take on Giovanni!"

This would imply that the Mewtwo in Smash is the First Movie one, and that the Charizard in Smash since SSB4 and the Pikachu in Smash are the ones that belong to Ash in the Pokemon anime (Ash helped Mewtwo take on Giovanni in Mewtwo Returns).

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I'd love a reaction for Link/Ganon, and Mario/Bowser, with a sort of begrudging feel tho their animations. "It's not like I needed your help."

Of course, Peach and Zelda should have one.

There are a number of fun ones from Brawl's Subspace Emissary. Anything involving both DK's tends to be fantastic.

(If Snake returns)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
While those ideas are nice and I think it is something they could look at I only see them doing it with in canon interactions if they were to apply it.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
While those ideas are nice and I think it is something they could look at I only see them doing it with in canon interactions if they were to apply it.
I hope that wouldn't be the case, I'd want to go all out with it as this is a crossover, one of the best parts of Subspace was seeing different characters from different universes interact.

Give me Link and Marth comparing Swords
Meta Knight and Lucina, the masked swordsman
The Kirby/Luma dance
Let Pikachu and Yoshi be cute together
Bowser and Ganondorf being evil together
Peach and Zelda being princesses together
Rosalina and Palutena being godlike
Pac-Man eating Mega Man lemons

So on and more

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While not the same, I’d like to see individual victory fanfares for each character. Here’s the general idea:

Top Bottom