• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Star Fox call in Krystal for Smash!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A fan is making a Star Fox Adventures reimagining and it looks really promising with Krystal being playable alongside Fox
I would have waited until the game was more done to reveal it but we as random internet peoples can't lose.

If they finish it, they finish it and we can play it.
If they get an NDA, Nintendo has inadvertently revealed their hand early again.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
A fan is making a Star Fox Adventures reimagining and it looks really promising with Krystal being playable alongside Fox
Well, if Nintendo refuses to give us another Star Fox game with Krystal, I guess the fans will do what Nintendon't.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Seeing how much Star Fox has bombed on a regular basis until the SNES Mini days, I doubt that any action will be taken on it unless Miyamoto gets a new "gameplay gimmick" thought up in record time for some new game.

Besides, wasn't Adventures technically done by Rare anyway? Those guys don't even pay attention to their own older works anymore.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Given how much fangame communities have put out some really solid works, I'd love for some enterprising programmers to make a traditional Star Fox title with the likes of Krystal, Miyu, Fay, & Fara included. Its admittedly risky given that Nintendo's tendency to shut projects down the moment they even sense one's being made, but I have to believe there's some creative fans out there that could do justice to the series in a way Nintendo hasn't felt like doing.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hot damn! The quality of the trailer is like for a movie trailer. Plus this looks amazing. This might be better than the original Adventures if done right. It definitely looks promising.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
So here's a very interesting interview with Imamura from 2002 that talks in detail about Star Fox Adventures and its development.

Here's the part where they discuss Krystal:

...well then.

People always like to make fun of Rare for being a bunch of horny furries with characters like Candy Kong or Berri (the BFD version) but it seems in this case it was all on Miyamoto/Imamura.

MorbidMiraj

Smash Apprentice
So here's a very interesting interview with Imamura from 2002 that talks in detail about Star Fox Adventures and its development.

...well then.

People always like to make fun of Rare for being a bunch of horny furries with characters like Candy Kong or Berri (the BFD version) but it seems in this case it was all on Miyamoto/Imamura.
That's amazing. So we can thank Imamura for saving Krystal, and for making her sexy, and then we can thank him for also destroying her character in Command XD

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

...well then.

1617056064735.png

Man, first the Sakurai saying he "prefers" Pyra for "combat ability" and then this......

I think I've been learning a little too much information about Nintendo developers... uh..... preferences.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

...well then.

I could never have guessed that Miyamoto of all people would have wanted more risque designs for Star Fox of all things. This really would have felt like it came from Rare, considering some of their designs.

MorbidMiraj

Smash Apprentice
It's surprising in the sense that Nintendo is known as a more family-friendly company, but that doesn't necessarily mean the employees are puritanical. There are some wild stories Dylan Cuthbert has shared about Miyamoto's rather ribald sense of humor. Sakurai is hugely into JRPGs and such, and there's no shortage of scantily-clad waifus in that genre. I think it's honestly more humanizing to see these guys are just like normal people.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's surprising in the sense that Nintendo is known as a more family-friendly company, but that doesn't necessarily mean the employees are puritanical. There are some wild stories Dylan Cuthbert has shared about Miyamoto's rather ribald sense of humor. Sakurai is hugely into JRPGs and such, and there's no shortage of scantily-clad waifus in that genre. I think it's honestly more humanizing to see these guys are just like normal people.
I mean, it's no surprise as they're all human too afterall.

MorbidMiraj

Smash Apprentice
I mean, it's no surprise as they're all human too afterall.
For sure. I just think it's interesting to see these anecdotes, because I think there's a perception of who these people are in the minds of the public, and it sometimes leads to assumptions (like Rare making Krystal sexy) when actually it ends up being untrue (the supposedly squeaky clean Nintendo staffers were the ones who insisted on it).

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Speaking of Star Fox, I really like the TV anime series that was aired before and after the release of Assault, and I still keep the recorded video carefully. #starfox #star fox

April Fools!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Mostly WIP, but the thought alone is cool.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I'm really surprised it's taken this long for a Project M Krystal mod to take shape. Most of the other highly requested characters since the Brawl era like K. Rool, Ridley, Geno, Waluigi, Banjo & Kazooie, Isaac, etc had already gotten Project M PSAs by now.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I've seen people make full movesets from Isaac, Bandanna Dee, and Toad for Project M, yet I've mostly only seen Krystal on 2D Flash games like SSF2, not really any 3D mods of actual Smash games like Project M. Hopefully, this is the first sign of more of those mods to come. (And not with just simple model replacements over existing characters movesets, but actual unique movesets).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
While I have been inching to see Krystal in actual Smash mods as a full blown unique character, all I really want is Krystal in the real Smash Bros. officially. I want our girl to get real love, attention, recognition, popularity and fame among the Smash fanbase as a established fighter in the official roster. Nothing can feel better than that, not even a mod measures up to the real deal as getting into Smash for realz is like your favorite characters getting into the gaming hall of fame.

MorbidMiraj

Smash Apprentice
While I have been inching to see Krystal in actual Smash mods as a full blown unique character, all I really want is Krystal in the real Smash Bros. officially. I want our girl to get real love, attention, recognition, popularity and fame among the Smash fanbase as a established fighter in the official roster. Nothing can feel better than that, not even a mod measures up to the real deal as getting into Smash for realz is like your favorite characters getting into the gaming hall of fame.
Agreed. I also want to see Krystal in Sakurai's style. I think the model used as an AT is from Adventures, and it has a bit of an odd look. I would like to see her with more modern stylings and proportions.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Agreed. I also want to see Krystal in Sakurai's style. I think the model used as an AT is from Adventures, and it has a bit of an odd look. I would like to see her with more modern stylings and proportions.
Personally if I had it my way, I would her Assault design to be Krystal's Smash design. But realistically, I think her Smash design if she ever really does get in will be a mix between her Adventures, Assault and Command designs. Ridley's Smash design is based off of his Super Metroid and Other M designs and K. Rool's is based of his Rare and PAON designs. Literally, I think like Ridley and K. Rool, they would make her Smash design be a mix between all her past designs which I wouldn't have no problem with as I think the Smash versions of Ridley and K. Rool are the best versions of those characters. Smash Krystal if it ever happens I'm sure will blow us all out of the water in awe.

Last edited:

MorbidMiraj

Smash Apprentice
Personally if I had it my way, I would her Assault design to be Krystal's Smash design. But realistically, I think her Smash design if she ever really does get in will be a mix between her Adventures, Assault and Command designs. Ridley's Smash design is based off of his Super Metroid and Other M designs and K. Rool's is based of his Rare and PAON designs. Literally, I think like Ridley and K. Rool, they would make her Smash design be a mix between all her past designs which I wouldn't have no problem with as I think the Smash versions of Ridley and K. Rool are the best versions of those characters. Smash Krystal if it ever happens I'm sure will blow us all out of the water in awe.
I suspect she'll get a redesign, a la Wolf in Ultimate. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but it would be nice if they would have her Adventures/Assault costumes as other options. Apparently Sakurai is not too interested in that stuff, so it'd likely just be color swaps to theme to those games.

This is just my personal musing, but I know that Sakurai considered a Star Fox game before he settled on making Kid Icarus. I would love to see him finally make a Star Fox game after Ultimate's DLC is done, and bring back Krystal with his own spin on her design.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

1997 "Star Fox 64" released today !!
The second movie of "Star Fox", the appearance of Great Fox and Star Wolf is here.
With 3D sticks and Rumble Pak support, I enjoyed high-quality shooting. #Smash Bros SP

Top Bottom