• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Star Fox call in Krystal for Smash!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Quick, someone should hit up Jordan Sweeto, he could give Krystal that big push like he did the last time.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Quick, someone should hit up Jordan Sweeto, he could give Krystal that big push like he did the last time.
I'lI try to get in touch with him on Youtube. If not, Twitter. But first, I'll have to find my Twitter password as I haven't logged into Twitter in ages.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's been a month and a half since someone last posted in this thread. I'm very disappointed in you fellow Krystal fans. I know the Star Fox franchise hasn't been doing that well in the past decade, but that doesn't mean we should give up on our girl just because of the bad health of the franchise or our girl not being present in the games at all since Command. The Golden Sun franchise has been dead for a decade and Isaac's fans are fighting like hell to get their boi into Smash and same with the Banjo-Kazooie franchise and the Banjo & Kazooie fans got them in. So saying anything about the Star Fox franchise's bad health being the reason Krystal won't happen is a bad excuse.

More than ever now it is the time to fight! Fight for the better health of the Star Fox franchise! Fight for Krystal's return to the Star Fox franchise! Fight for Krystal to get into Smash! #Krystal4DLC!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's not so much there's any lost hope. It's more there's not much to have a conversation about at this point without repeating previous points.
Until a 1st part character is DLC, an Assist Trophy is promoted or Star Fox gets a new game that isn't 64 yet a-freakin'-gain we don't have to much to say.

If I see any tasteful artwork I could try posting it.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
It's been a month and a half since someone last posted in this thread. I'm very disappointed in you fellow Krystal fans. I know the Star Fox franchise hasn't been doing that well in the past decade, but that doesn't mean we should give up on our girl just because of the bad health of the franchise or our girl not being present in the games at all since Command. The Golden Sun franchise has been dead for a decade and Isaac's fans are fighting like hell to get their boi into Smash and same with the Banjo-Kazooie franchise and the Banjo & Kazooie fans got them in. So saying anything about the Star Fox franchise's bad health being the reason Krystal won't happen is a bad excuse.

More than ever now it is the time to fight! Fight for the better health of the Star Fox franchise! Fight for Krystal's return to the Star Fox franchise! Fight for Krystal to get into Smash! #Krystal4DLC!
I think a big problem with Krystal is that there just isn't that much demand for a 4th Star Fox rep.

See, I imagine a lot of the big push or pull for K. Rool and Ridley was the notion that Donkey Kong and Metroid were two long running and respected Nintendo IPs that just weren't being given their dues in Smash. Star Fox, on the other hand, is a series that is considered to be well past it's prime and it already has a whopping three characters to its name. A lot of the drive for Krystal back in the Brawl era was that SF was basically getting games every other year (Adventures in 2002, Assault in 2005, and Command in 2006) and it didn't seem like it was going to stop, so a third character for it seemed natural at the time. But we got Wolf instead. And then the series fell into limbo.

And the other problem is that, well...none of the games Krystal appeared in are really considered to be "great". The likes of Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie have all appeared in at least one game that's considered to be among the greatest of all time, and well, the only Star Fox game on that level is Star Fox 64, which is already well accounted for in Smash with Fox, Falco and Wolf. Adventures, Assault and Command just never reached those heights. Even Geno, as overall insignificant as he is, at least hails from a fondly remembered RPG, and to most people is evocative of that game. The post 64 Star Fox games, on the other hand, well, had Miyamoto come out and publicly express his disappointment in them. Two times, to be exact. Kinda puts it into perspective about why Nintendo eventually gave up on following on from Adventures, Assault and Command and have since just doubled down on Lylat Wars nostalgia/imagery, as Star Fox SNES and Star Fox 64 were the only two truly successful entries in the series.

To many, Krystal is seen as the representation of Star Fox's decline. As not a lot of people have as much fond memories of her and her games, it's easy to see why the support for her is nowhere near as strong as other forgotten characters like K. Rool, Isaac, Banjo, Geno, etc.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For some reason I've got a thing for the 80's/90's anime aethetic. No idea why but this hits on that pretty well.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
Krystal would be so great to have. She’s a Rare character and there is a lack of anthropomorphic female characters compared to male ones.

At least we get to see her as an assist trophy; it’s a confirmation of the support she has gotten over the years.

What would boost her chances greatly is returning in a new Star Fox game, but that doesn’t seem likely at the moment.

I like the Fox and Krystal relationship, it’s one of the most mature Nintendo relationships and they have such great chemistry together.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yet other dead or unrelevant characters on these forums are still be discussed every day or a day of the week or two. Just look at the Porky, Medusa, and Goemon threads for example.
They all have something to go off of though. (Lack of spirit, possibility of Echo pass and vague hope of costume being testing of the waters respectively). As of now, Krystal is in the same boat of "maybe assist trophies can get promoted?" as various other characters and sadly, they're characters that most put ahead of Krystal.

On the upside, we no longer have that one guy who constantly dunked on Krystal posting here. That was irritating.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
They all have something to go off of though. (Lack of spirit, possibility of Echo pass and vague hope of costume being testing of the waters respectively). As of now, Krystal is in the same boat of "maybe assist trophies can get promoted?" as various other characters and sadly, they're characters that most put ahead of Krystal.

On the upside, we no longer have that one guy who constantly dunked on Krystal posting here. That was irritating.
I guess that's true. But Isaac fans are still fighting in the war. I know they have Golden Sunday, but what is exactly relevant for them right now besides the possibility of his Assist getting upgraded? Krystal fans need to be a little bit more vocal even if they're not as loud as they use to be.

Last edited:

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
Krystal fans need to be a little bit more vocal even if they're not as loud as they use to be.
All that can be said has been said.
We know for a fact that the smash dev team is well aware of Krystal's popularity, there are several instances in smash ultimate of tributes to this fact.

All that's left to do is to wait with hope and patience.
That's the most respectful way to go on from here on out.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
All that can be said has been said.
We know for a fact that the smash dev team is well aware of Krystal's popularity, there are several instances in smash ultimate of tributes to this fact.

All that's left to do is to wait with hope and patience.
That's the most respectful way to go on from here on out.
While true, Krystal will never get in unless we push more and more for her. If we just sit around and hope, there is a higher chance she will never make it. We have got to be loud and vocal for her similar to the Isaac, Geno, and Shantae fans.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sorry for the double post, but I'm trying to gain y'alls' attention because of how rare it is anyone even posts in here. But remember this: Sakurai cares more about how fun a character can be whether than how recognizable they are. Krystal has extraordinary moveset potential so we shouldn't over look her chances if Assist Trophies get upgraded.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Also, Krystal can now serve a purpose in further speculation, making it easier to bring her up.

i.e. she's about the limit of skimpiness allowed with the Japanese censors. (Sorry Mai)

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Also, Krystal can now serve a purpose in further speculation, making it easier to bring her up.

i.e. she's about the limit of skimpiness allowed with the Japanese censors. (Sorry Mai)
Plus, her moveset would be unique, while all of the SF characters in Smash are basically Fox echoes, Krystal would be radically different

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I've thought of something: After Zero, but before Krystal was revealed as an AT, the community as a whole seemed to assume Nintendo forgot about her and were starting to give up hope. But her being revealed as an Assist Trophy was a sign that, the Big N didn't forget about her

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I've thought of something: After Zero, but before Krystal was revealed as an AT, the community as a whole seemed to assume Nintendo forgot about her and were starting to give up hope. But her being revealed as an Assist Trophy was a sign that, the Big N didn't forget about her
Exactly! Krystal being a Assist Trophy is more of a blessing for us then a kurse.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I guess that's true. But Isaac fans are still fighting in the war. I know they have Golden Sunday, but what is exactly relevant for them right now besides the possibility of his Assist getting upgraded? Krystal fans need to be a little bit more vocal even if they're not as loud as they use to be.
Krystal fans are a passionate bunch and can wait it out forever, but they're also practical. From what I've observed, they'll only do what's needed to get her back in the series and into Smash as a playable character. Forum activity is awesome and fun, but as you can see, it's not a priority for this fanbase or the measuring stick of success towards our goal. When the opportunity to vote Krystal in came, we galvanized and jumped on it in droves. When the ballot closed, we moved on to sending a whole lotta letters and a whole lotta fanart. All we can do is keep the faith and voice our support to the decision makers. Nintendo will crack eventually.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Krystal fans are a passionate bunch and can wait it out forever, but they're also practical. From what I've observed, they'll only do what's needed to get her back in the series and into Smash as a playable character. Forum activity is awesome and fun, but as you can see, it's not a priority for this fanbase or the measuring stick of success towards our goal. When the opportunity to vote Krystal in came, we galvanized and jumped on it in droves. When the ballot closed, we moved on to sending a whole lotta letters and a whole lotta fanart. All we can do is keep the faith and voice our support to the decision makers. Nintendo will crack eventually.
Once her position in the series is solidified for good and she's in Smash, we can rest. Forum activity is kinda pointless, since Nintendo and Sakurai don't pay much if any attention to SmashBoards. Letter writing will.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I want everyone to be a little bit more social in this thread so we can get a stew of discussion rolling. For starts, here is some Krystal goodness in SSF2:

This really shows what Krystal could bring to the table if she ever get's in for realz.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So I want everyone to be a little bit more social in this thread so we can get a stew of discussion rolling. For starts, here is some Krystal goodness in SSF2:

This really shows what Krystal could bring to the table if she ever get's in for realz.
Not too sure of her being a semi-clone but that's a cool moveset regardless

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
1. Cute furry lady.
2. Staff. Magic? Cool moveset.
3. Not enough female anthro characters in general.

I'm in.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Welcome new recruit. :)
Thanks for the warm welcome. She would be a great addition to this game. I'm certain people will complain about 4 different Star Fox representatives being in, while other franchises only have one or two.

But honestly; she'd be great.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Thanks for the warm welcome. She would be a great addition to this game. I'm certain people will complain about 4 different Star Fox representatives being in, while other franchises only have one or two.

But honestly; she'd be great.
Yet they're fine with Kid Icarus getting three, and that series is even less relevant than Star Fox

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I don't see how it could be a problem. Krystal would be the first true Star Fox newcomer, Fox, Falco and Wolf being all (semi-)clones of each others.

That said, Kid Icarus has two complete characters, but let's not forget that Dark Pit is an Echo, aka barely more than an alt.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yet they're fine with Kid Icarus getting three, and that series is even less relevant than Star Fox
I guess that's true. But to be fair, the last Kid Icarus game came out in 2012 so it's more unrelevant then Star Fox. Plus the popularity of Kid Icarus has died down in the past couple of years too an even greater extent then Star Fox. You see a good amount of folks cheering for our gal Krystal and some even for Slippy, but you don't see anywhere as many fans now a days rounding together to get Medusa, Viridi, or Hades in Smash. Kid Icarus was relevant when Uprising came out and very popular close to the release of Smash 4 and Palutena just got extremely lucky of getting in because of her being relevant and popular at the time. Timing is what got us another two Kid Icarus reps, and I doubt we will ever get another one unless a new Kid Icarus comes out.

I don't see how it could be a problem. Krystal would be the first true Star Fox newcomer, Fox, Falco and Wolf being all (semi-)clones of each others.

That said, Kid Icarus has two complete characters, but let's not forget that Dark Pit is an Echo, aka barely more than an alt.
This. This right here is even more of a reason why Krystal deserves to get in because every other Star Fox rep is just a semi-clone of Fox. Krystal would bring a entirely new moveset to the table.

Last edited:
Top Bottom