• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Star Fox call in Krystal for Smash!

PF9

Smash Lord
I think Wolf was added to Brawl instead of Krystal because of a quirk. Melee included 3 villains among their newcomers - Bowser, Ganondorf and Mewtwo. Brawl had three villain newcomers as well - King Dedede, Wario, and Wolf.

There are two ironies to come out of that. First, Mewtwo was among the characters cut from Brawl. Second, Wolf wasn't even part of the main plot of The Subspace Emissary, you could only unlock him after clearing the main plot. In contrast, Krystal likely would have been part of the main plot of the SSE.

Sakurai really didn't think the idea of including Wolf over Krystal through it seems when all this is taken into account.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I think Wolf was added to Brawl instead of Krystal because of a quirk. Melee included 3 villains among their newcomers - Bowser, Ganondorf and Mewtwo. Brawl had three villain newcomers as well - King Dedede, Wario, and Wolf.

There are two ironies to come out of that. First, Mewtwo was among the characters cut from Brawl. Second, Wolf wasn't even part of the main plot of The Subspace Emissary, you could only unlock him after clearing the main plot. In contrast, Krystal likely would have been part of the main plot of the SSE.

Sakurai really didn't think the idea of including Wolf over Krystal through it seems when all this is taken into account.
Nah wolf was added over krystal because they could easily base him off of fox, they couldn't do the same for krystal

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Sakurai in an interview from 2008: "For Krystal, we didn’t have any of the technical modeling knowledge that we had cultivated with Fox and Falco, so it was like making a brand-new character from scratch. And because of the limited amount of time we had, creating Krystal wasn’t realistically possible. On that point, with Wolf we already have some knowledge of how to model his character, and would require about 70% of the effort required to create a whole new character."

Krystal and Wolf were both seriously considered for Brawl, but the team only had time to develop one. Krystal would have had to be built from the ground up, whereas with Wolf, they could use Fox as a base to build off of. Wolf, in the end, was chosen because he was easier to make, but both characters had their merits to even be considered.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
The bad news is that Krystal is an Assist Trophy, but the good news is that she get to be part of the battlefield.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Perhaps the thing that sucks most about this scenario is that Krystal as DLC is pretty much out of the question, unless they're willing to either retcon the AT or have both her as an AT AND playable character--but that sounds absurd.

However, the only other option was that she would have not been shown at all (assuming she wasn't an AT). While this may have hypothetically boded better for her inclusion (seeing as how Wolf was already brought back), if she wasn't included then she likely wouldn't have become an AT at all. This situation would have allowed DLC to still be on the table as an option, but we would have been left with another familiar issue:

Sure having a character disconfirmed sucks, and having one disconfirmed in the era of DLC sucks even more, but not having ANY information on a character (AT or otherwise) until the game is released is probably worse yet. We've gone through that third possibility TWICE: Brawl and Sm4sh. At least this time we don't have to deal with the seemingly-endless wait (the Sm4sh era was especially awful due to the wait for DLC in addition to the game itself).

EDIT: that third option is an experience I'm fearing K. Rool fans (myself included) may have to endure again as well.
My guess is that K. Rool is more likely to be announced prior to release if he's going to make it. Ridley was and that leaves another highly requested but relatively unsurprising character from an established franchise to drop before release. I think that classification of character is the most likely to be announced that way before release. My guess is we'll get maybe 3 or 4 newcomers announced in that 6 month window along with mode, music, feature, etc info. If it's anything like last time, they'll save the "newer" nintendo properties or more surprising but established 3rd party characters for DLC. Think like Rex with Pyra and Rayman.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
My guess is that K. Rool is more likely to be announced prior to release if he's going to make it. Ridley was and that leaves another highly requested but relatively unsurprising character from an established franchise to drop before release. I think that classification of character is the most likely to be announced that way before release. My guess is we'll get maybe 3 or 4 newcomers announced in that 6 month window along with mode, music, feature, etc info. If it's anything like last time, they'll save the "newer" nintendo properties or more surprising but established 3rd party characters for DLC. Think like Rex with Pyra and Rayman.
Hey less competition for Krystal to be playable for the next Smash Bros

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Too many good characters got the Assist Trophy treatment, my condolences.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
We could always mod Krystal to be playable like some folks did with Knuckles and Waluigi.
The assets are there like they've never been before. Just need the desire and interest of the modding community. Wont be the real deal, but could be a fun addition to some far future mod.

To be honest... it's hard to think about mods already when we only just saw the game for the first time and have no idea how it'll play. Even with Brawl, I didn't start thinking about mods until the first year had ended. But then I got really into it and ended up here officially rather than just a lurker.

Last edited:

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
To be honest... it's hard to think about mods already when we only just saw the game for the first time and have no idea how it'll play. Even with Brawl, I didn't start thinking about mods until the first year had ended. But then I got really into it and ended up here officially rather than just a lurker.
Don't get me wrong. I understand completely. And yes it would be far too soon to even think of mods to a game that isn't even completed yet, but I like to be optimistic.

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
I think I've gotten over it now, definitely set myself up for disappintment there.
On the bright side, at least we know krystal got an at so we don't have to keep on waiting in vain for the next 5 months. Imagine how that would have been. Getting burned character reveal after character reveal. Now I don't have to be mad at all the other newcomers. :)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I didn't expect krystal so it wasn't too hard of a blow to see her as an assist, but I won't lie I was still sad seeing her there but not playable.
I'm happy with the game in general though, and it's going to be awesome to play.

I was also thinking too about how she might be in some mod, along with the other assists like bomberman and knuckles. Might be interesting

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong. I understand completely. And yes it would be far too soon to even think of mods to a game that isn't even completed yet, but I like to be optimistic.
Lol, me too. But my optimism is also telling me that I'll like the official release enough that I doubt I'll be in great need of mods. In a way, the fact that I was getting into modding with Brawl as early as a year after release was proof that I wanted more from it. I didn't really at all in Smash 4, and arguably that's because I was more satisfied for longer? Idk honestly. The DLC and patches strung out it's freshness and I'm sure that had an impact. But yeah, I love the idea of modding Krystal in, but I hope and believe the game will be good enough that I can enjoy it without for a while. She's the only thing I really wanted that's been disconfirmed so far, which means she's the only reason I'd mod at all so far... so we'll see.

Last edited:

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
Although i am sad that Krystal is an Assist Trophy instead of a playable fighter i`m still kind of happy that she is in the game regardless. Plus they used her best outfit.

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if you guys have seen this but I'd figure it's related https://www.usgamer.net/articles/sa...i-in-smash-bros-ultimate-reggie-fils-aime-say about addressing to Reggie about waluigi's desire to Sakurai, we can be in a similiar boat since Krystal too is an assist trophy, so I'm seeing this as a signal to continue the fan request train. Twitter again seems to be the best place to unfurl fan request, though I'd imagine facebook and reddit are still good places too. If you make any kind of tweets or posts, do be sure to notify me on the twitter so I can help spread it around. the twitter is on my sig but here it is anyway https://twitter.com/VixenVotaries
This may not be a hard deconfirm after all, but we'll never find out if we don't keep trying for it.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I still think that characters making it in as Assist Trophies are, for the most part, deconfirmed. Don't get me wrong, characters could be moved out of the Assist Trophy pool and worked on into a fully playable character. After all, some of them have more animations and even dodges. In the end though, I don't see that happening.

What this does say though is that Sakurai has been made aware that people really wanted Waluigi, and were very disappointed that he was made into an Assist Trophy. What this means to me is that we shouldn't stop promoting Krystal. Keep bringing her up, not just with Smash, but with Star Fox in general to Nintendo. If they see how many people want Krystal in Smash AND in a new Star Fox game, things may look brighter in the future.

I still firmly believe that Krystal being made into an Assist Trophy wouldn't have happened if it weren't for her fanbase. Like a nod to her popularity. We shouldn't let her being deconfirmed make us stop promoting her.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I still think that characters making it in as Assist Trophies are, for the most part, deconfirmed. Don't get me wrong, characters could be moved out of the Assist Trophy pool and worked on into a fully playable character. After all, some of them have more animations and even dodges. In the end though, I don't see that happening.

What this does say though is that Sakurai has been made aware that people really wanted Waluigi, and were very disappointed that he was made into an Assist Trophy. What this means to me is that we shouldn't stop promoting Krystal. Keep bringing her up, not just with Smash, but with Star Fox in general to Nintendo. If they see how many people want Krystal in Smash AND in a new Star Fox game, things may look brighter in the future.

I still firmly believe that Krystal being made into an Assist Trophy wouldn't have happened if it weren't for her fanbase. Like a nod to her popularity. We shouldn't let her being deconfirmed make us stop promoting her.
Well said

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman

While none of that statement is incorrect, the general issue is that Krystal fans are very fragile and may just give up completely, I feel that we should seek out immediate goals and take the popularity momentum into a general focus, Remember that it's not explicitly stated anywhere that a character made as an assist trophy must stay as an assist trophy throughout the game, Sakurai constantly goes back and changes his mind on things. Before this people weren't even sure if Krystal would have anything, or even existed in the Starfox canon anymore. Because nintendo is clearly banking on smash and is well aware of how important the character it promotes are by dedicating attention to her in the smash community can lead to her appearences in Star Fox, do you remember Samus Returns? they fricken told smash fans to be excited for it, and they superimposed Ridley into the game. The point is that fans have the power to alter things if it's merely loud enough. We don't have nearly the numbers that Ridley has, which is precisely why we can't lose anymore. There should be some more unfocused noise with her assist trophy information, and it'll probably surge again if she appears in an actual trailer/shows up on the smash website. Geno is an example of wanting a character and it becoming something much less, So I'd say charge forward for the Smash requests because it either
A. Bolsters enough to get her turned into a fully fledged fighter
B. the character support is noted and gives her extra consideration for the next smash/starfox itself
C. has no discernible effect

The only thing lost is time, and I don't really see what else we should consider investing towards, there are no active starfox communities, especially none being watched by nintendo, her best chance is Smash, something widely watched by Nintendo, of which she's gotten her feet wet in, so rather than try to take her to a much smaller pool, why not convince the owner to let her go for a swim?

Also we still have the GP rumors, while dormant, i still believe in because the leakers still do, we also have this recently surfaced aswell.

Japanese Nintendo gamecube trademark.png
SFA (either one) or GP could create a bandwagoning effect for her, which would be really needed, but since we can't count on that, it's really up to us. I know you have activity on reddit Alpha, perhaps some Krystal or Krystal-themed post on r/nintendo or r/nintendoswitch could help.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
For my part at least, before I'm going all in on believing we can turn her from AT to playable character in this Smash game... I'll need to see her in her own franchise first. So maybe the writing is on the wall from that perspective? Not saying it's impossible without. Anything is possible. But the odds are pretty stacked against us. Not saying that we should give up hope of course either, but realistically for this Smash we need to remember that, while we shouldn't give up our support, the outcome is likely set for this Smash game, regardless of the tease of hope we were recently provided.

Just as a for instance, I doubt Waluigi is gonna transition and Krystal doesn't have the memey support he does, so she'd be a second consideration after him in all likelihood. Although, maybe this game will be more like a service than any other and in this generation of Smash we might expect more changes and updates than ever before and things like ATs being upgraded into playable characters years after the release might just be a thing. It's in that scenario I could possibly see her making it and it does work with what was implied in that interview. Otherwise, seems like a next Smash game prospect, which feels ages away right about now.

But like our reaction when Smash 4's final DLC came to pass, we can refocus our goals. At this point, for me, I'm more invested in her return to her franchise or in that rumored racing game than I am in getting her elevated beyond AT in Smash. I'm mostly content with her AT status. It's an improvement. I'd love for her to be playable and my support of that is still strong, but I'm admittedly accepting of the consolation prize for now. I want to be happy with Smash Ultimate, and it can be dangerous to expect too much.

I want Nintendo to refresh my interest in the character and bring her back into the spotlight. Smash can showcase this some, but really it doesn't operate in a vacuum. I dearly want Nintendo to bring her back to her own franchise, and in a favorable way. That's the biggest factor towards her consideration.

And I think it's a playing field where we have notably better leverage probably. Start small towards a bigger vision. You might say that's what the AT is. The result of our vision starting. Now we just have to cultivate it. But I believe it's a long view process. Sure, we could shortcut right into Smash with luck and effort, but that's a less favorable bet to make and I want more people to be ready for her inclusion as a Nintendo all star than are surprised to see her because they forgot she existed. Getting her back in the spotlight of her franchise really feels like her ticket to me. It's the most reasonable route. Her fans can get louder in their support, but without context I'm not sure that support base will actually get bigger that easily.

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
For my part at least, before I'm going all in on believing we can turn her from AT to playable character in this Smash game... I'll need to see her in her own franchise first. So maybe the writing is on the wall from that perspective? Not saying it's impossible without. Anything is possible. But the odds are pretty stacked against us. Not saying that we should give up hope of course either, but realistically for this Smash we need to remember that, while we shouldn't give up our support, the outcome is likely set for this Smash game, regardless of the tease of hope we were recently provided.

Just as a for instance, I doubt Waluigi is gonna transition and Krystal doesn't have the memey support he does, so she'd be a second consideration after him in all likelihood. Although, maybe this game will be more like a service than any other and in this generation of Smash we might expect more changes and updates than ever before and things like ATs being upgraded into playable characters years after the release might just be a thing. It's in that scenario I could possibly see her making it and it does work with what was implied in that interview. Otherwise, seems like a next Smash game prospect, which feels ages away right about now.

But like our reaction when Smash 4's final DLC came to pass, we can refocus our goals. At this point, for me, I'm more invested in her return to her franchise or in that rumored racing game than I am in getting her elevated beyond AT in Smash. I'm mostly content with her AT status. It's an improvement. I'd love for her to be playable and my support of that is still strong, but I'm admittedly accepting of the consolation prize for now. I want to be happy with Smash Ultimate, and it can be dangerous to expect too much.

I want Nintendo to refresh my interest in the character and bring her back into the spotlight. Smash can showcase this some, but really it doesn't operate in a vacuum. I dearly want Nintendo to bring her back to her own franchise, and in a favorable way. That's the biggest factor towards her consideration.

And I think it's a playing field where we have notably better leverage probably. Start small towards a bigger vision. You might say that's what the AT is. The result of our vision starting. Now we just have to cultivate it. But I believe it's a long view process. Sure, we could shortcut right into Smash with luck and effort, but that's a less favorable bet to make and I want more people to be ready for her inclusion as a Nintendo all star than are surprised to see her because they forgot she existed. Getting her back in the spotlight of her franchise really feels like her ticket to me. It's the most reasonable route. Her fans can get louder in their support, but without context I'm not sure that support base will actually get bigger that easily.
Honestly the consolation prize isn't bad, as I stated earlier we got pretty lucky, Just one thing i've learned is that satisfaction is poison to improvement. And if we never get her playable the assist is still pretty nice, Because it means that she's been validated as an important, or else popular character. I don't really think Waluigi will be playable due to lack of kit potential, I mean there's a reason he has a tennis racket in his trophy. If he does, he'll feel even more forced than Ridley does. But i'll reiterate, how would you go about trying to get her to return to Star Fox? to whom would you send your support? The requests for a Star Fox game in general are pretty minor, and I doubt a man like Miyamoto (speculation of course) is too well-versed in twitter, Miyamoto has always been very concept driven, over character driven. Though it's possible he's become a bit more invested character-wise, as he does feel fondly about SF so we'll see one. I do have to agree that without GP or an official appearence, one with an updated model for the team to use, could go a long way, along with the general ideas. But with how long they intend to support the switch (a whopping decade, especially since they want to integrate into the theme park) and them banking this whole year on Smash, you can bet the DLC cycle will be a long one. She could set a new precedent, sure it's a stretch and it can fall on it's face, but for me otherwise, there's not really anything to talk about in this factor for probably another 8 years or so.

But in any case if you come up with a good means of supporting her inclusion in a new SF title I'd like to hear it, as the general character focus I'd imagine would be the best way for us to try and have an effect, though realistically I believe that'll just happen naturally.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Honestly the consolation prize isn't bad, as I stated earlier we got pretty lucky, Just one thing i've learned is that satisfaction is poison to improvement. And if we never get her playable the assist is still pretty nice, Because it means that she's been validated as an important, or else popular character. I don't really think Waluigi will be playable due to lack of kit potential, I mean there's a reason he has a tennis racket in his trophy. If he does, he'll feel even more forced than Ridley does. But i'll reiterate, how would you go about trying to get her to return to Star Fox? to whom would you send your support? The requests for a Star Fox game in general are pretty minor, and I doubt a man like Miyamoto (speculation of course) is too well-versed in twitter, Miyamoto has always been very concept driven, over character driven. Though it's possible he's become a bit more invested character-wise, as he does feel fondly about SF so we'll see one. I do have to agree that without GP or an official appearence, one with an updated model for the team to use, could go a long way, along with the general ideas. But with how long they intend to support the switch (a whopping decade, especially since they want to integrate into the theme park) and them banking this whole year on Smash, you can bet the DLC cycle will be a long one. She could set a new precedent, sure it's a stretch and it can fall on it's face, but for me otherwise, there's not really anything to talk about in this factor for probably another 8 years or so.

But in any case if you come up with a good means of supporting her inclusion in a new SF title I'd like to hear it, as the general character focus I'd imagine would be the best way for us to try and have an effect, though realistically I believe that'll just happen naturally.
Speaking through Smash support was evidently effective, and that support isn't unknown to elements outside the Smash dev teams of the past. We were lucky they gave us a voice with the ballot, tbh... not sure there's a more direct way for us to communicate anymore. We had Miiverse in the past and Cedar in particular communicated her popularity, though he wasn't the only one. There's still places like Krystal Archive that highlight content that we can choose to support. If she got modded into Ultimate, somehow assuming such a thing could happen before DLC ended, that would be an indication of popularity... though you don't want to advertise that sort of thing and it would displease Nintendo to see. But at the same time, look at Ridley.

Miyamoto is not the target, imo. There's more communicative devs that listen to fan requests. The devs behind Star Fox Zero, (Platinum as I recall?), commented on their interest in including Krystal or "post Assault" elements into another Star Fox game... but that was a sort of a "whatif" assuming Zero would be successful and they'd get another crack at the series. Zero's shortcomings weren't necessarily the fault of the team that helped Miyamoto, but any follow up project might've been stifled by it's generally negative reception. One thing Zero did bring up though was more people admitting they missed Star Fox games set outside the Lylat Wars and there was a soft surge in Krystal support after she was absent in Zero. I'm not sure how well that sentiment was communicated, but it was certainly mentioned in reviews and such.

The truth is there's only so much we can do. Nintendo has to give us tools to work with and new references that attract new fans. There's nothing new to attract new fans out there other than this AT, and we haven't been provided an outlet like Miiverse or the ballot yet either to be effectively vocal as we could be. Right now the best thing going for Krystal is that she's an AT. It's the most recognition she's got since Command. Crazy right? Our greatest outlet is to ride this wave of her recognition in Smash for now. It's not great, but it's better than nothing for the purposes of getting her name on people's lips again.

So yeah, you got a point that at this moment it's what we got. But I don't think it's enough realistically. And sadly, getting too loud about being unsatisfied will also attract negativity. Some might say any attention is better than no attention but we've been trying to work our way out of a negative shadow for the last decade, not that it's deserved. But I do hope we can keep the desire to have her playable known while not being aggressively whiney, lol. In this scant environment, perception of a character can be down to that character's fans. We're so far removed from what brought many of us here, we can't expect our reasons for support to be known widely or for new fans to crop up out of nowhere. It makes introducing the idea of her inclusion as deserving a delicate one with our peers that don't know the character or games as well. Imo, we really are waiting on Nintendo to infuse us again with energy. As much as the AT was recognition, it came with the caveat of sealing her fate in the eyes of many. Sure, the AT might be so good and interesting and fun that people will want to see more Krystal, but it's not going to amount to what she might've gained in a new game featuring her in her own series. But, again, it's what we got to work with.

Seems you have some ideas about how to work with what we've been given in her AT. Without Miiverse or a ballot or some dev fielding questions somewhere we can respond, feels like the best we could do is just be the same number of people getting louder with no one that matters able to listen. Our best most effective moves can't be played yet, but we can give it a try if you know a favorable venue. Rather than being louder, I'd just like there to be more of us... but the best way to get "more of us" is kinda up to Nintendo providing us with more Krystal content with which we can make an argument, (remake or new game with her in it, etc), and that's the clearest example of an effective move we can't play yet. And it's why I'm so keen on her getting representation in her own series again even if there's little I can do to actively support it. Odds are it's more likely she'll show up in her series again than she'll get an AT upgrade in Ultimate. Our ballot results seem to have gotten her the AT treatment in Smash and I'm betting they'll influence the next Star Fox game too. The next big thing we need is just for Nintendo to at least announce a new Star Fox or that GP is real so we have more venues to comment and support, on top of the exposure that'll come organically. And if the devs of those games are communicative, we have another in.

Wow, I got carried away again. How the time and words fly~

Last edited:

Mr. Brownstone

Smash Cadet
Now that we're also talking about Krystal in SF again, I think it's a good time to ask about the SF survey that was done a couple of months ago (by AlphaSSB AlphaSSB I think). What happened to that? Any results, or did I just miss them?

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Now that we're also talking about Krystal in SF again, I think it's a good time to ask about the SF survey that was done a couple of months ago (by AlphaSSB AlphaSSB I think). What happened to that? Any results, or did I just miss them?
Yeah, I've got the results still. There's just no good way to format the results, so I have to create a whole new results display from scratch.

I could just say the results, but I'd much rather present them with proof.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm glad you're not giving up on Krystal.
I do think that she'll gain back a bit of popularity even if just by being an AT. I've been shown that even just random appearances can get fans, and then it's just about nintendo recognizing the popularity. I'd love for her to be playable in Ultimate, but it's nice if at least she can gain some momentum for future games (SF and smash).

Keep lovin; :)

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
I don't believe anyone here will ever truly give up Krystal. She's been many of us's girl just like some people had K. K. Rool as their boy. There's a small, (a very small) chance that Krystal can turn into a full-fledged character. Just got to wait and see. And this, even being an AT, can help gain her some spotlight to return back into Star Fox games

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Agreed. Even with her deconfirmed, we can't stop promoting her. She wouldn't have become an Assist Trophy if it weren't for her community. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she was considered for a playable position, but got dropped since she wasn't in Star Fox Zero.

I just hope that Fox McCloud crossing into StarLink is a sign for good things to come. Maybe if StarLink sells enough, Nintendo will pick up on that and make a similar Star Fox game, built around open space and worlds. We just got to make sure that Krystal gets included, but first, make sure that Star Fox continues.

Ideally, we need to find a way to rally the Star Fox community. Gather Star Fox fans everywhere in one collaborative push to Nintendo. Overload Twitter with #StarFox or something. Gather people from here, Reddit, Twitter, KrystalArchive, etc.

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
Agreed. Even with her deconfirmed, we can't stop promoting her. She wouldn't have become an Assist Trophy if it weren't for her community. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she was considered for a playable position, but got dropped since she wasn't in Star Fox Zero.

I just hope that Fox McCloud crossing into StarLink is a sign for good things to come. Maybe if StarLink sells enough, Nintendo will pick up on that and make a similar Star Fox game, built around open space and worlds. We just got to make sure that Krystal gets included, but first, make sure that Star Fox continues.

Ideally, we need to find a way to rally the Star Fox community. Gather Star Fox fans everywhere in one collaborative push to Nintendo. Overload Twitter with #StarFox or something. Gather people from here, Reddit, Twitter, KrystalArchive, etc.
100% agree.
If we all do our part and look for/gather Krystal fans to our community it can really become something that will be hard for Nintendo not to hear! And we all know how popular Krystal is, she has been highly requested for Smash Bros from fans for so many years now. Those more quiet fans are still around but scattered and without the knowledge of our goal! We just need to all come together and actively be vocal about our support for her!
Waluigi's vocal support has been noted by Nintendo. Ridley's fan-base was so vocal and supportive of him that somehow (to what we thought was against all odds) he made it in!
Nintendo wants their games to sell well. If there is enough fan-demand they will not ignore it.

If we can keep growing, even just getting a couple hundred passionate Krystal fans together to continue to be vocal to Nintendo themselves who knows what could happen in the next Star Fox and Smash games! A couple hundred might not seem like much at all when thinking about Nintendo's entire fanbase but I guarantee that if all of those people are vocal (and polite) every week on their official social medias about their love for one of their characters it won't go unnoticed.
The time for her support really is now.

JV_Nerdson

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if this has already been suggested by somebody already but it seems that every week on Twitter as part of their Smash Updates, the Official Smash Bros and Nintendo Versus Twitter and Facebook pages (and several other pages from what I've seen) have made a news post about one of the new assist trophies coming to the game amongst other news posts. I'd imagine in time they'd make a post regarding Krystal's appearance as an assist trophy so maybe that's one potential way where some people can show some support especially as I imagine alot of people would be likely to see it. I wouldn't know exactly what people could say but maybe something that continues to show how grateful people are for her inclusion as well as showing that she has a good and strong following of supporters who would love to see her make a return to the Star Fox series or finally get her chance to shine as a Smash Bros fighter in the future (and of course remaining polite and respectful at all times whilst doing so as people have suggested) . I honestly dont know if Nintendo or anyone else involved with Smash would see these posts or if it would make much of a difference but its just an idea I thought of, and I'm more than willing to post any suggestions I can think of if its able to help out in any way :).

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
How am I the first to post this here?

Let me tell you what. As a Krystal supporter since pre-Brawl, of course it would've been great to see her become playable, but frankly, given her current status (or lack thereof) in the series, and the condition of the series itself - getting her as an AT is still very nice to see. At least it's something. Which is more than I usually get for the characters I support. :/

I wouldn't be surprised if the ballot aided her in obtaining this role.

I just wish Shorts was here to see Krystal in Smash as at least an AT. :(
Very true, so do I. :(

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
Just beat me to it haha!

I think this new official tweet is the perfect moment for us to show our support and gratitude to Nintendo for Krystal's inclusion in Smash (and our hopes for the future!)

Everyone be sure to go like, retweet and reply with your support and hopes here:
https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1014569697126371329
PLEASE remember to be positive, the public as well as Nintendo themselves will be reading our replies. It's important that we come across as respectful and positive :)

Good luck everyone! If we can boost this post to enough likes/RTs/replies it will surely look very good for Krystal!

Mr. Brownstone

Smash Cadet
Just beat me to it haha!

I think this new official tweet is the perfect moment for us to show our support and gratitude to Nintendo for Krystal's inclusion in Smash (and our hopes for the future!)

Everyone be sure to go like, retweet and reply with your support and hopes here:
https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1014569697126371329
PLEASE remember to be positive, the public as well as Nintendo themselves will be reading our replies. It's important that we come across as respectful and positive :)

Good luck everyone! If we can boost this post to enough likes/RTs/replies it will surely look very good for Krystal!

I was actually waiting for them to Tweet about the AT. I already liked and Retweeted your reply as well as some other pro-Krystal replies in there. I made one myself. You'll have to look for the #FreeKrystal ;) Btw, thanks for following me, Jordan xD

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
She may not be playable, but I'm really happy she made it as an Assist Trophy at the least. She looks great in-game, and even though I prefer her Assault and Command designs, I like how she's in her Adventures gear since it makes sense with Zero's timeline.

Hopefully next time we see her, she'll be in a new Star Fox game. We just got to keep supporting her. We should start #FreeKrystal, ha.

Mr. Brownstone

Smash Cadet
Isn't it amazing how the Tweet about Krystal's AT, after merely 2 hours, already has more likes & Retweets than the one about Falco from about 24 hours ago? It just shows that Krystal, even after all these years of being absent, is one of the most popular "things" the Star Fox series currently has going. If she returns to SF, it'll be a win-win for everyone. I just hope Nintendo/Miyamoto will soon realize this...

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
She may not be playable, but I'm really happy she made it as an Assist Trophy at the least. She looks great in-game, and even though I prefer her Assault and Command designs, I like how she's in her Adventures gear since it makes sense with Zero's timeline.
I did not like her Command look. Loved her Assault one though. But I guess your right when they decided to use her Adventures look because of Zero's timeline. And she looks very gorgeous in HD.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I am not sure if rallying the fanbase is even possible due to the prevalence of 64 fanboys who crap on anything new and different, and sorry but if the series is going to survive, it has to evolve beyond the SF64 formula, as the on-rails shooter genre is dying out

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
excuse my slowness, I've been addicted to playing Prime 2&3 I was wondering when she'd show up after Falco was mentioned.

How am I the first to post this here?

Let me tell you what. As a Krystal supporter since pre-Brawl, of course it would've been great to see her become playable, but frankly, given her current status (or lack thereof) in the series, and the condition of the series itself - getting her as an AT is still very nice to see. At least it's something. Which is more than I usually get for the characters I support. :/

I wouldn't be surprised if the ballot aided her in obtaining this role.

Very true, so do I. :(
oh hey, surprised to see you show up back here, I'd say her ballot support is likely the biggest factor, but I'd imagine her legacy as a request and him considering her to begin with helped, if only GP would come true, then they'd have some extra incentative to fully upgrade her, but in any case an assist is still wonderful all things considered.

Isn't it amazing how the Tweet about Krystal's AT, after merely 2 hours, already has more likes & Retweets than the one about Falco from about 24 hours ago? It just shows that Krystal, even after all these years of being absent, is one of the most popular "things" the Star Fox series currently has going. If she returns to SF, it'll be a win-win for everyone. I just hope Nintendo/Miyamoto will soon realize this...
Krystal's popularity survived the fanbase attacking her, and her absence for a decade now, it's kinda hard not to notice it,

I am not sure if rallying the fanbase is even possible due to the prevalence of 64 fanboys who crap on anything new and different, and sorry but if the series is going to survive, it has to evolve beyond the SF64 formula, as the on-rails shooter genre is dying out
that's kind of a dated perception in regards to the 64 fanboys, they've moved on to other games, the Krystal fans have stayed because of the passion for krystal, and SF has always been about experimentation, Vergeben and Liam still support the GP rumor as being true after e3, so it looks like it'll be good, we just gotta keep reasonable attention going. and I do stress REASONABLE.

Top Bottom