• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Star Fox call in Krystal for Smash!

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
Krystal, along with Ridley, a playable Toad, and basically every DK character have had the "honor" of been on the wish list for like 12+ years now. Still, Bowser Jr. got in after so long and semi-credible Ridley rumors are spinning once again so you never know.
Yeah I think the game could use Dixie or K. Rool as DK reps, but I am not sure about Toad because we have SO many Mario reps already, it could happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. Mario doesn't have a lack of possible reps that they can use that's for sure. Ridley is an interesting case because Sakurai said he was "too big" in an old interview about it, and I am not sure if he still feels that way, but Ridley did become a stage hazard in one of the levels in the current version and I think that was his "compromise" for Ridley? I don't know, I suppose it could happen but it would be really odd if he was still a stage hazard when he's in the game as a character. I guess we might see if he makes it or not in a few months. xD
This about the smash brothers to start dishing out fan-favorites, they mentioned wanting to with hold characters during the DLC cycle, perhaps that's part of why it felt like there was a lot of characters that didn't make it in. If they want switch to be a strong as they seem to be gearing towards, especially with their esports focus you're going to want a bunch of long-term fan requests as market trend picks may appeal the most to the average joe, esports dudes will want more desire picks, and surprisingly Krystal fits that bill as one of the character choices.
You have an interesting outlook on this Smash and I can see that happening with this iteration of it. However, Sakurai's comment where he said "close the curtain on development" had me a bit concerned. I still think it would be silly to disregard the rest of the popular newcomers at a time where N is trying to regain lost fans from the wii U era, many people buy Nintendo consoles for Smash and I am sure they are aware of this. You may be right that the reason DLC was used up mostly for returning vets and advertisements was that they were saving up popular choices for this version and that is exciting. The switch has picked up a lot of steam and it is a good time to show off some popular picks for smash, now we just wait. :p

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I wanted Krystal all the way back in Brawl, it has been so long, that I cannot even remember what it feels like to believe that Krystal has more than a negligible chance. I remember the Star Fox Zero shenanigans that more or less was the nail in her coffin. I guess anything can change.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I wanted Krystal all the way back in Brawl, it has been so long, that I cannot even remember what it feels like to believe that Krystal has more than a negligible chance. I remember the Star Fox Zero shenanigans that more or less was the nail in her coffin. I guess anything can change.
Not sure what you're referring too, I'm still not sure where people got all these doomsday scenarios about SF Zero, people didn't freak out and say Krystal wasn't canon after SF 64 3D, Zero was hardly a new game and was always intended by them to simply revisit the original and SF64 again, It's not some new continuity, and again the trailer still places Sauria on the map, despite it not being a visitable location, I seriously doubt nintendo has forgotten the ferverous requests for Krystal during brawl era, it may not be as strong now, but it was fairly strong during the ballot era, which is where it mattered for the base game. All that really means is that she doesn't have a game to advertise for which is troublesome for conventional smash character additions, I wouldn't exactly call this coming smash conventional with the ballot in mind. It would definitely not hurt for us to get a 25th anniversary game announcement at E3, it's been about 2 years since Zero so it's not unreasonable for a game to atleast be in early phases, so it could perhaps have Krystal meet during the DLC cycle. If we get gamecube VC aswell it's only more of a reason to put her in as we'll likely get a Starfox title on it eventually.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'd much rather have Wolf come back but she's cool, I guess? Chances are fairly low and I'm not sure if Nintendo wants to keep her in the franchise. She'd be unique at least. However, I feel as though the demand has diminished quite a lot. There's also PLENTY of avid anti-Krystal people who claim furry bait and want less spacies

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
I'd much rather have Wolf come back but she's cool, I guess? Chances are fairly low and I'm not sure if Nintendo wants to keep her in the franchise. She'd be unique at least. However, I feel as though the demand has diminished quite a lot. There's also PLENTY of avid anti-Krystal people who claim furry bait and want less spacies
As for Wolf or Krystal in smash and a Wolf main from brawl... why not both?... Her uniqueness is one of the reason's why we are here. Her quick staff fighting kit with magic tricks channeled through it on occasion. She can even use grenades or other fun weapons from assault, there's a lot that can be done with her kit.

Morbi

Scavenger
Not sure what you're referring too, I'm still not sure where people got all these doomsday scenarios about SF Zero, people didn't freak out and say Krystal wasn't canon after SF 64 3D, Zero was hardly a new game and was always intended by them to simply revisit the original and SF64 again, It's not some new continuity, and again the trailer still places Sauria on the map, despite it not being a visitable location, I seriously doubt nintendo has forgotten the ferverous requests for Krystal during brawl era, it may not be as strong now, but it was fairly strong during the ballot era, which is where it mattered for the base game. All that really means is that she doesn't have a game to advertise for which is troublesome for conventional smash character additions, I wouldn't exactly call this coming smash conventional with the ballot in mind. It would definitely not hurt for us to get a 25th anniversary game announcement at E3, it's been about 2 years since Zero so it's not unreasonable for a game to atleast be in early phases, so it could perhaps have Krystal meet during the DLC cycle. If we get gamecube VC aswell it's only more of a reason to put her in as we'll likely get a Starfox title on it eventually.
Star Fox 64 3DS was a remake though, that would be like celebrating the return of Ganondorf for the 3DS. I did not realize that Star Fox Zero was just a remake, I thought it added tons of stuff, most of it did not look very familiar to me outside of Corneria and Wolf. But well, I never played it, ha ha ha.

The Brawl era is a bit irrelevant in my opinion. And even then, given how long ago it was, I would not be surprised if they did legitimately forget. Like I said, I did. Another game probably will happen, but that is fairly short after a somewhat less successful title. Maybe they will port it to the Switch, but that has little to do with Krystal.

I would love to be wrong, but I cannot think of a less relevant character. I just saw this thread and that is what reminded me of her existence. Not really a great sign. I can only speak for myself; however, I just doubt I am alone.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
As for Wolf or Krystal in smash and a Wolf main from brawl... why not both?... Her uniqueness is one of the reason's why we are here. Her quick staff fighting kit with magic tricks channeled through it on occasion. She can even use grenades or other fun weapons from assault, there's a lot that can be done with her kit.
Because giving us wolf means three of the same moveset in one game. If we do get both, we're going to have to lose Falco.

Morbi

Scavenger
Because giving us wolf means three of the same moveset in one game. If we do get both, we're going to have to lose Falco.
It does not necessarily mean that. I highly doubt, if they did include Krystal, that she would be a Fox "clone." Not that Falco or Wolf should really be considered that way regardless, but even if they were, it was fine in Brawl. Whatever limit set would just be an arbitrary presumption.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Star Fox 64 3DS was a remake though, that would be like celebrating the return of Ganondorf for the 3DS. I did not realize that Star Fox Zero was just a remake, I thought it added tons of stuff, most of it did not look very familiar to me outside of Corneria and Wolf. But well, I never played it, ha ha ha.

The Brawl era is a bit irrelevant in my opinion. And even then, given how long ago it was, I would not be surprised if they did legitimately forget. Like I said, I did. Another game probably will happen, but that is fairly short after a somewhat less successful title. Maybe they will port it to the Switch, but that has little to do with Krystal.

I would love to be wrong, but I cannot think of a less relevant character. I just saw this thread and that is what reminded me of her existence. Not really a great sign. I can only speak for myself; however, I just doubt I am alone.
Honestly I've talked to a lot of Krystal fans recently, they all have this same crushing disbelief and hopelessness, it wouldn't be so irritating if they stood up and supported her. I guess that's difference in perception, when I saw zero it screamed remake, I wasn't the only one, that's why they came out and delivered their buzzword "re-imagining" then Krystal fans freaked out and asked if she was gonna show up, to their dismay she did not and then they all gave up and thought she was erased forever, it'd be tragic if it wasn't so hilarious. Also that's kinda moot, Cloud hasn't been all that popular of a request for a while and then they suddenly outreach and grab him, despite the trouble it likely took to get him? Under what pretext did they say Krystal wasn't going to show up again? Yusuke Hashimoto came out and literally said he'd love to put her in a sequel, how many times as that happened for.. well any character at all? Krystal still has a fanbase, which is remarkable considering how long it's been, they're just not really vocal on most of these websites, I mean I was apart of the KA discord, it has over 100 people in it, pretty good for just one krystal fansite, there's nothing else for them to talk about, only to really draw and make fanfiction, which I'm sure is stale without a new game, she's a sleeper pick and i'm fairly confident they know that. But to me, Starfox, Starfox 64, 64 3D, and Zero are interchangable, because from a canon standpoint, they more or less are, and canon is not nearly as important developers as it is some fans, and from a gameplay standpoint they aren't all that different either. in the trailer they mentioned Sauria, then in the nintendo treehouse talking about her, Krystal was in a drawing in the background, I'd wager in the next game, Krystal will show up as if she was never gone, whether that's connected to smash or not is unlikely for a base roster pick, but during ballot era, she was pretty popular, in both Japan and US, and more importantly she meets specifications that are looked for, she has things that no other comparable popularity character can do in regards to her kit, she is from a franchise with long-history with nintendo, she is first-party property so there's very little they have to do to make her, and starfox only has 2 likely reps as is so no roster saturation.

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly I've talked to a lot of Krystal fans recently, they all have this same crushing disbelief and hopelessness, it wouldn't be so irritating if they stood up and supported her. I guess that's difference in perception, when I saw zero it screamed remake, I wasn't the only one, that's why they came out and delivered their buzzword "re-imagining" then Krystal fans freaked out and asked if she was gonna show up, to their dismay she did not and then they all gave up and thought she was erased forever, it'd be tragic if it wasn't so hilarious. Also that's kinda moot, Cloud hasn't been all that popular of a request for a while and then they suddenly outreach and grab him, despite the trouble it likely took to get him? Under what pretext did they say Krystal wasn't going to show up again? Yusuke Hashimoto came out and literally said he'd love to put her in a sequel, how many times as that happened for.. well any character at all? Krystal still has a fanbase, which is remarkable considering how long it's been, they're just not really vocal on most of these websites, I mean I was apart of the KA discord, it has over 100 people in it, pretty good for just one krystal fansite, there's nothing else for them to talk about, only to really draw and make fanfiction, which I'm sure is stale without a new game, she's a sleeper pick and i'm fairly confident they know that. But to me, Starfox, Starfox 64, 64 3D, and Zero are interchangable, because from a canon standpoint, they more or less are, and canon is not nearly as important developers as it is some fans, and from a gameplay standpoint they aren't all that different either. in the trailer they mentioned Sauria, then in the nintendo treehouse talking about her, Krystal was in a drawing in the background, I'd wager in the next game, Krystal will show up as if she was never gone, whether that's connected to smash or not is unlikely for a base roster pick, but during ballot era, she was pretty popular, in both Japan and US, and more importantly she meets specifications that are looked for, she has things that no other comparable popularity character can do in regards to her kit, she is from a franchise with long-history with nintendo, she is first-party property so there's very little they have to do to make her, and starfox only has 2 likely reps as is so no roster saturation.
I understand, trust me. I see a lot of Ridley supporters that are the same. They are worried about being let down again, so they do not even want to support one of their favorites. They are embarrassed because of what happened last time. It concerns me a bit because if they kept the feverish pitch, Sakurai would have no choice but to address it, eventually. The same could be said for Krystal. But last time did not rival the Brawl era, at all.

The problem with Krystal is that the time is just not right. I feel as though her window passed or it has not yet opened. She will probably come back to the series, in fact, I am sure she will. It would make no sense to remove one of their most popular characters. The inherent issue is that I do not personally believe that will be happening any time soon, relatively speaking. Within the next 2-3 years, sure.

Cloud is definitely an exception. But I believe his merit more or less explains precisely why that is the case. The more apt comparison might be Geno, and he only got a Mii Costume.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I understand, trust me. I see a lot of Ridley supporters that are the same. They are worried about being let down again, so they do not even want to support one of their favorites. They are embarrassed because of what happened last time. It concerns me a bit because if they kept the feverish pitch, Sakurai would have no choice but to address it, eventually. The same could be said for Krystal. But last time did not rival the Brawl era, at all.

The problem with Krystal is that the time is just not right. I feel as though her window passed or it has not yet opened. She will probably come back to the series, in fact, I am sure she will. It would make no sense to remove one of their most popular characters. The inherent issue is that I do not personally believe that will be happening any time soon, relatively speaking. Within the next 2-3 years, sure.

Cloud is definitely an exception. But I believe his merit more or less explains precisely why that is the case. The more apt comparison might be Geno, and he only got a Mii Costume.
It definitely hurts to not have had a Starfox game during that time doesn't it? lol. Yea It must suck to be a Ridley supporter, especially after Sakurai confirmed himself working on it with just about the hardest deconfirm you can get for a character, I wouldn't call it hopeless since I'm sure he still did pretty well on the ballot, and I'd bet the team or even nintendo themselves may have pushed for him.

But that's what's different this go round, they know exactly who's popular and who will sell, you know which characters will make money on their own? ballot characters, Krystal could potentially sell on her own as DLC character, so could Wolf, I could see a bundle pack even.

On the Geno thing, Sakurai actually stated he wanted him to be a fighter, but it didn't work out so he became a mii gunner outfit, We'll see how that works out this time.

I agree I wouldn't expect a starfox title to RELEASE this year, but an announcement is an entirely different thing, I mean everyone loved Prime 4's announcement, and it was literally just some fancy blue dust and the number 4, with a few words after It no date in site, 2 years is plenty of time to get a game pitched and to start something, then vomit out something for the marketing team to use, Miyamoto claimed he wanted Fox to be a bit more popular and that he wanted to put more effort into the franchise.

GoldenFox51

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1521-3428-1344
Switch FC
SW-6642-6610-2718
I agree. Wolf and Krystal would be perfect.
Bringing Wolf back and adding Krystal as a new fighter would make me buy the next Smash in a heartbeat! XD
(by the way I'm new here so hello!)

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Welp. I have to say I'm back and rooting for Krystal. I haven't read much of what's going on, but... Seems like a lot of people are not holdng their breath here, what with Krystal having to wait her turn for a re-appearance in the storyline. We throw around terms like relevance or such, but that doesn't mean she's out of the game, I say.

Maybe her chances aren't as good as say Bandana Waddle Dee, but she's still in the minds of her creators. Sakurai does have to work with them to make sure he's keeping in touch with the current renditions of the Star Fox crew. Who knows, the man might be offered a tentative redesign for the girl to see how gamers might respond, y'know? Nothing is set in stone and the rules have been broken time and again.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
It does not necessarily mean that. I highly doubt, if they did include Krystal, that she would be a Fox "clone." Not that Falco or Wolf should really be considered that way regardless, but even if they were, it was fine in Brawl. Whatever limit set would just be an arbitrary presumption.
Krystal would almost definitely not be a clone, which is why I support her. Wolf, on the other hand, I am very much against because his part in the games makes it nigh impossible to make him anything other than a Fox varient. Which was, by the way, very much not fine in Brawl.
Fox and Falco are already a little too similar for my likings without a third spacie with near identical moves thrown in.

I am told that his poor, rushed out moveset was something that Sakurai was not happy with but I can't really see it becoming anything different. And apparently, nor can he since, like with Ganondorf, he is too afraid of fan backlash to change anything.
Unlike with Ganondorf, however, he wasn't happy enough with the existing moveset to return it.

Take this with a pinch of salt, since I have lost the source, but I do remember it being at least somewhat official.

Morbi

Scavenger
Krystal would almost definitely not be a clone, which is why I support her. Wolf, on the other hand, I am very much against because his part in the games makes it nigh impossible to make him anything other than a Fox varient. Which was, by the way, very much not fine in Brawl.
Fox and Falco are already a little too similar for my likings without a third spacie with near identical moves thrown in.

I am told that his poor, rushed out moveset was something that Sakurai was not happy with but I can't really see it becoming anything different. And apparently, nor can he since, like with Ganondorf, he is too afraid of fan backlash to change anything.
Unlike with Ganondorf, however, he wasn't happy enough with the existing moveset to return it.

Take this with a pinch of salt, since I have lost the source, but I do remember it being at least somewhat official.
I disagree heavily about his clone status, but if you still maintain that opinion, I doubt I could convince you otherwise. That being said, I would not be surprised at all if that were true. And yeah, tragically, Lucina, one of the best female characters in gaming, is going to get shafted because he is afraid to heavily refine move-sets. Albeit, Ganondorf would be fine if they made slightly more changes in Brawl and took advantage of Smash 4 to further declone him. By this game, he would probably have his own identity completely, but he just changed so little then and never really moved forward. I do believe he did that with Falco, though and could have done that with Wolf. But it is just not in his nature, apparently.

Either way, the point still remains, it happened before, all three space animals were playable. Wolf was removed once. We are 1-1. People want Wolf, just in general because of his veteran status. The same reason people wanted Roy, of all people, back. Do people want Krystal? It just seems a bit too niche in this "era." She has her fans, however, you have to admit it is nothing compared to the demand of Wolf. It is not really an either/or situation either. It is not as though it is going to be one or the other. If we do not get Wolf, we are still not likely to get Krystal. Just like last time where she had a vague chance.

I just doubt Sakurai is going to look at it from the perspective of "which Star Fox character brings the most diversity." And even if he did, I would not be surprised to see some wack attempt at Andross if that was his criteria.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Wolf, on the other hand, I am very much against because his part in the games makes it nigh impossible to make him anything other than a Fox varient. Which was, by the way, very much not fine in Brawl.
You do realize that Wolf's only cloned attacks from Brawl Fox are his Back Aerial, Pummel, Up Special, Down Special, and Final Smash, right?

His Neutral Special and Side Special aren't entirely cloned, either. His Neutral Special cannot be rapid fired and can be used as a melee attack, although is still a shot from a futuristic blaster. His Side Special is a diagonal dash with a meteor smash property at the end, although is still a sideways dash.

1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0.5 + 0.5 = 6 out of 23 attacks. 6/23 * 100 = 26%

Wolf is less than a third of Fox. Counting him out because he has only a few moves in common with Fox discounts the rest of his original moveset, regardless if it was rushed in development or not.

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Ryuu out here triggering people lol, Wolf is the least derivative clone, he's more of a frankenstein's monster of frame data to try and cram together a character as fast a possible while maintaining some uniqueness, which he has a decent amount of, No reason to fight amongst ourselves, Krystal and Wolf fans would likely do better to be buddies, Star Fox ain't exactly mario in popularity, Wolf won't cannibalize development time for Krystal as Wolf would not be hard to bring in and Wolf will surely remind them of Krystal. For brawl it was Wolf or no one, Imagine that sometime in the future we get a dual trailer for Wolf and Krystal? It just makes so much more sense for both of them, or unfortunately neither of them. Anyhoo, Sweeto had suggested the creation of a fan twitter account for Krystal, well I don't have a life so I can probably maintain a twitter page lol, we'll find out.

https://twitter.com/VixenVotaries

now to figure out how to market it lol.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
It's kinda amazing that we already have another nintendo direct, even if it's a mini. And there's also that rumor going around that Ridley is actually playable this time. If this is the case than nintendo really isn't holding back this time, even with it's character choices. This really increases hype for character reveals for me as this means we could be getting people we've actually asked for. It's pretty amusing honestly that the meager SF franchise has two characters that are commonly request for smash, I doubt sakurai would think it too much to put 2 SF characters in, especially after dropping one in Smash 4/5, that is if they decide to do it begin with, I'd imagine Ridley would be held till E3, so we could get a smaller hype-inducing one before then, guess we wait and see who they choose to show us first.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Frankly I can't keep up with these rumors.

And don't doubt that Sakuria will put more than one character from a series in, it's happened before, especially when you count returners.

:mario64::luigi64:
:pikachu64::jigglypuff64:

:peachmelee::bowsermelee::drmario:
:zeldamelee::sheikmelee::ganondorfmelee::younglinkmelee:
:mewtwomelee::pichumelee:
:marthmelee::roymelee:

:metaknight::dedede:
:squirtle::ivysaur::charizard::lucario:

:rosalina::4bowserjr:
:4palutena::4darkpit:
:4robinm::4lucina::4corrin:(:4feroy:)
:4greninja:(:4mewtwo:)

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
I don't know how to feel about andross being a playable character in Smash bros.

I mean I can see how full bodied Andross could work in game but it just dosent feel right, almost everyone can tell you Andross is a giant floating Monkey head with two hands, which kinda wouldn't work on Smash given his size as Sakurai did said while Ridley could've been scailed down he just wouldn't stay true to his character.

Dunno adding full body Andross seems like adding Ridley ( Chicken form) from Other M just cuz they couldn't go with the most iconic version.

Last edited:

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
I have returnethd :^)

Oops sorry. I forgot I'm not TheEdgyOne anymore. Please forgive my impertinence. :^)

For real though, I still love Krystal and will continue to support her for not only Smash but to have any respectable treatment from Nintendo towards her. Though it pains me to say her chances are rather grim, It hasn't stopped me from supporting her. Appearantly it hasn't phased you fine people either, which is very nice to see.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I don't know how to feel about andross being a playable character in Smash bros.
I mean I can see how full bodied Andross could work in game but it just dosent feel right, almost everyone can tell you Andross is a giant floating Monkey head with two hands, which kinda wouldn't work on Smash given his size as Sakurai did said while Ridley could've been scailed down he just wouldn't stay true to his character.
Dunno adding full body Andross seems like adding Ridley ( Chicken form) from Other M just cuz they couldn't go with the most iconic version.
I see what you're saying and, unless there is a sudden plot development in the next Star Fox that explores Andross' backstory, you aren't wrong. Full Body Andross would be a weird inclusion with only storyline relation to the character that people know.
I would, however, like to point out a couple of minor discrepencies in your argument just for comprehensiveness:

1) Ridley's only issue is his size, while Andross' is not. Scaled down Ridley would just look very fragile, while scaled down Andross would still be a floating head, with little moveset potential or logical physics in regards to Smash.
2) Fluffy Ridley bears no resemblence to his known form, whereas the face of both Andross' is identical. Give or take some polygons, at least.

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
So as Gagnetar Gagnetar said earlier, he has taken it upon himself to make a Krystal support account for us to hopefully rally even more outside support for Krystal's inclusion in Smash.
I've started scouting for new Krystal fans on Twitter and highly recommend that we follow this account he made as he will be keeping it active with Krystal related posts as well as sharing Nintendo posts that we should be directing our vocal support towards!

Here is the twitter account if you are interested:
Every little bit helps, I've seen other Twitter accounts get GREAT results with characters such as K Rool. Let's add our voices to the mix!

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
So as Gagnetar Gagnetar said earlier, he has taken it upon himself to make a Krystal support account for us to hopefully rally even more outside support for Krystal's inclusion in Smash.
I've started scouting for new Krystal fans on Twitter and highly recommend that we follow this account he made as he will be keeping it active with Krystal related posts as well as sharing Nintendo posts that we should be directing our vocal support towards!

Here is the twitter account if you are interested:
Every little bit helps, I've seen other Twitter accounts get GREAT results with characters such as K Rool. Let's add our voices to the mix!
Have you thought of doing another video about her in this case? I do remember the one from when Smash 4 was being made or during the ballot, but...

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
Have you thought of doing another video about her in this case? I do remember the one from when Smash 4 was being made or during the ballot, but...
I'm trying not to mix Krystal campaigning with my work as much seeing as my audience clearly isn't as interested in Krystal as we are and it may be seen as spammy for that reason. That said I am still occasionally tweeting out support for her on my Twitter!

The Smash Ballot was an amazing one-off thing really, I'm glad that I was able to help rally some more Krystal support via my Youtube back then. I know that those votes we all gathered for Krystal during that time will be super important for her in the future!
Lets continue to find like-minded Krystal supporters who are as passionate as we are about her inclusion in the Smash Bros and Star Fox series.

Last edited:

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
Well it time for me to come back and support the blue vixen once more. Although I've been here just lurking in the shadow like I used to do 4 years ago ... heh heh, anyway it good to see old supporters are here while new supporters are joining ( also welcome new guys).

Krystal chance are fairly low tho but we never know what goes on Sakurai head when picking a character, in other words Sakurai/Nintendo are unpredictable, you never know what surprise they might give us so hopefully she get in (along with Wolf of course ) and a new game that isn't 64 again and has her in as well with some reworks.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, was a bit bored and found a thread regarding your ideal E3 trailer for Smash. I went the route of a character reveal, and figured why not post it here. So, here it goes.

The camera fades into space, and an Arwing zooms past the camera, causing the camera to turn as the Arwing passes, revealing it traveling towards a sort of space station. As the Arwing gets closer, a Wolfen shoots out of the station and begins pursuit, queing the Star Wolf theme. The Wolfen continues to chase the Arwing around the station, actually being Sargasso Hideout. The Arwing risks a sharp right turn, but it doesn't pay off. The Wolfen intercepts the Arwing, catching it in-between the Wolfen's upper and lower body portions. The Wolfen rams the Arwing at full speed, eventually crashing through the hideout's docking bay.

The two briefly skid along the ground until they grind to a halt. A figure launches out of the Wolfen before the camera changes to a first-person view of the one within the Arwing. You hear a thud land on top of the Arwing, but the cockpit's glass is cracked, so you can't make out who it is. Suddenly, claws pop out from under the glass and they raise it up. It's Wolf, pointing his blaster straight at the Arwing's pilot.

But he's caught off guard, as the blaster is knocked out of his hand, and is then blown back completely by a powerful blast. The camera follows Wolf as he lands on his back, before swapping to an over-the-shoulder view of him looking at a figure emerging from the wreckage. The camera zooms in, and it's Krystal, using her staff to help her out of the cockpit. Wolf jumps to his feet and assumes a fighting stance, while Krystal assumes a stance of her own from atop the Arwing.

The two are ready for a showdown, when the whole hideout goes black, and an orange light appears from the side. The camera swaps to a close-up view of the two as they both lower their guard, and look towards the light. The camera then focuses in on Krystal's eye, revealing the flaming Smash Bros. logo. The camera then swaps to a full shot of the logo and a couple of silhouettes in front of it. The camera then quickly swaps to a closeup of two particular silhouettes, one resembling Fox's, followed by another resembling Falco's. The camera then swaps back to the logo before zooming out, and the Smash Bros. outro plays.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
So, was a bit bored and found a thread regarding your ideal E3 trailer for Smash. I went the route of a character reveal, and figured why not post it here. So, here it goes.

The camera fades into space, and an Arwing zooms past the camera, causing the camera to turn as the Arwing passes, revealing it traveling towards a sort of space station. As the Arwing gets closer, a Wolfen shoots out of the station and begins pursuit, queing the Star Wolf theme. The Wolfen continues to chase the Arwing around the station, actually being Sargasso Hideout. The Arwing risks a sharp right turn, but it doesn't pay off. The Wolfen intercepts the Arwing, catching it in-between the Wolfen's upper and lower body portions. The Wolfen rams the Arwing at full speed, eventually crashing through the hideout's docking bay.

The two briefly skid along the ground until they grind to a halt. A figure launches out of the Wolfen before the camera changes to a first-person view of the one within the Arwing. You hear a thud land on top of the Arwing, but the cockpit's glass is cracked, so you can't make out who it is. Suddenly, claws pop out from under the glass and they raise it up. It's Wolf, pointing his blaster straight at the Arwing's pilot.

But he's caught off guard, as the blaster is knocked out of his hand, and is then blown back completely by a powerful blast. The camera follows Wolf as he lands on his back, before swapping to an over-the-shoulder view of him looking at a figure emerging from the wreckage. The camera zooms in, and it's Krystal, using her staff to help her out of the cockpit. Wolf jumps to his feet and assumes a fighting stance, while Krystal assumes a stance of her own from atop the Arwing.

The two are ready for a showdown, when the whole hideout goes black, and an orange light appears from the side. The camera swaps to a close-up view of the two as they both lower their guard, and look towards the light. The camera then focuses in on Krystal's eye, revealing the flaming Smash Bros. logo. The camera then swaps to a full shot of the logo and a couple of silhouettes in front of it. The camera then quickly swaps to a closeup of two particular silhouettes, one resembling Fox's, followed by another resembling Falco's. The camera then swaps back to the logo before zooming out, and the Smash Bros. outro plays.
Sounds like I'm not the only one of the mind of a dual trailer in this respect, Krystal and Wolf are the only two popular requests that come to mind that come from the same game, and Wolf has the case of being easy to make, It just makes too much sense. It's an interesting concept, because it makes it look like the smash cast is continuing to recruit fighters. I made a text document earlier with a few predictions for trailers.

(BoTW-focused smash announcement) --Pre E3
BoTW Link (reskin of link, perhaps with a slightly altered kit)
Urbosa (dev favorite, lined up development time, popular character)
-Sidon Assist Trophy (high popularity character, but no discernable kit potential)

(more information about prime 4 when suddenly) --E3
-Ridley gets announced, then at the end of it they show another challenger approaching him
-King K. Rool gets shown, Sakurai hopes we enjoy these popular villans in smash and talks about them, hype train doesn't end and then he's like, oh one more thing
-Geno, mentioning that he was happy to be able to get him into the game as a fighter this time

(bear with me as this may just be a pipedream, SF game announced at E3) --Post E3
they show a battle between Fox and Falco on final destination, it's intense as they fight at high speed, Falco is nearly defeated and fox goes to launch him for the finish then Fox gets clawed away, camera pans up and shows
-Wolf, in a memetic reference he says "can't let you do that, Fox", Falco exclaims his disdain for being saved by Wolf, Wolf continues to dogmatically battle Fox, suddenly a staff energy bolt flies at Wolf, Wolf proceeds to dodge and looks over revealing
-Krystal, they fight for a moment as Fox and Falco stare at each other and shrug before they join the fray in a team battle, cuts to ingame footage, sakurai then talks about why we have 2 playable starfox characters this time)

Also if you guys haven't been following the twitter, there's definitely several places to show krystal support, a Mega Smash poll done by Push Dustin, the rate your chances thread for krystal which will happen tomorrow, and the collective newcomer request thread her. I'm also impressed with that one guys post about desiring krystal in smash from japan, 1.2k likes too bad he didn't tag Nintendo, I did what I could to recover it, If anyone knows Japanese they could retweet it mentioning how popular it is to them. Nintendo of Japan doesn't care about things happening in America outside of what is gathered from NoA, so atleast pretending to be Japanese would be good.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well it time for me to come back and support the blue vixen once more. Although I've been here just lurking in the shadow like I used to do 4 years ago ... heh heh, anyway it good to see old supporters are here while new supporters are joining ( also welcome new guys).

Krystal chance are fairly low tho but we never know what goes on Sakurai head when picking a character, in other words Sakurai/Nintendo are unpredictable, you never know what surprise they might give us so hopefully she get in (along with Wolf of course ) and a new game that isn't 64 again and has her in as well with some reworks.
Where'd you get your avatar from?

I will say that Krystal's best chance is in the fan ballot, maybe more than some other characters.
Though if the ballot influences more than Smash games gong forwards like they said it would, I wonder that it means for Star Fox...

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 Found it in deviant art, the artist is FoxInShadow . I really like this pic, this redesign look for Krystal is really good.

Yeah her chances should definitely benefits from the ballot so that should give her some edge but who know how well she did. I mean it did seem like she had a lot support during the ballot but I don't know and lots of people ( specifically smash fans and gamefaq which I know to never take gamefaq serious) thinks our support died down since Zero happen.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 Found it in deviant art, the artist is FoxInShadow . I really like this pic, this redesign look for Krystal is really good.

Yeah her chances should definitely benefits from the ballot so that should give her some edge but who know how well she did. I mean it did seem like she had a lot support during the ballot but I don't know and lots of people ( specifically smash fans and gamefaq which I know to never take gamefaq serious) thinks our support died down since Zero happen.
Looks like the rate your chances thread is not gonna be in our favor, premptively we've already gotten 7% chance and a whopping 1% chance, Like I know people think she's unrealistic but that's a tad malicious lol.

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
Crap I have missed a lot over the weekend! I got a new VR set and have been messing around with a Krystal avatar and just talking to people about Star Fox and Smash :p

This is actually the best picture I could get taken without actually looking down at the staff, it's a bit distracting when you're actually playing and swinging it around. xD
Where'd you get your avatar from?

I will say that Krystal's best chance is in the fan ballot, maybe more than some other characters.
Though if the ballot influences more than Smash games gong forwards like they said it would, I wonder that it means for Star Fox...
That avatar is a commission for a game called Event Horizon by Undying Nephalim, you should look it up. It's a pretty good fan game!
Yeah I remember when the ballot was going on... it was hard to avoid the Krystal4Smash spam everywhere, it was wonderful. :)
I avoid gamefaqs because it is just a bunch of angry rage-babies that have the social skills of a three-toed-sloth.

Last edited:

Mr. Brownstone

Smash Cadet
This is actually the best picture I could get taken without actually looking down at the staff, it's a bit distracting when you're actually playing and swinging it around. xD
Nice! Assault suit & staff is my favorite combination ;)

That avatar is a commission for a game called Event Horizon by Undying Nephalim, you should look it up. It's a pretty good fan game!
Speaking of which, he posted some more talking portraits, including Galdon. Pirate Panther is quite funny xD Then again, it's probably just one of his fellow people, not Mr. Ladies' Man himself. Could be wrong, though. Either way, I just love how UndyingNephalim gives the characters more depth. That's exactly what needs to happen in future SF games.

I avoid gamefaqs because it is just a bunch of angry rage-babies that have the social skills of a three-toed-sloth.
Well, at least they have one thing in common with Krystal: The 3 toes :laugh:

Morbi

Scavenger
Looks like the rate your chances thread is not gonna be in our favor, premptively we've already gotten 7% chance and a whopping 1% chance, Like I know people think she's unrealistic but that's a tad malicious lol.
I am not sure, she seems to be tracking lower than even Pauline at the moment. I understand that you want the character; however, I also believe that she falls into that 1% chance category myself, and I love her. This has no bearing on the roster, of course, but you have to admit that the perception regarding the character is terrible. It is not "malicious" so much as it is practical, as far as I am concerned.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I am not sure, she seems to be tracking lower than even Pauline at the moment. I understand that you want the character; however, I also believe that she falls into that 1% chance category myself, and I love her. This has no bearing on the roster, of course, but you have to admit that the perception regarding the character is terrible. It is not "malicious" so much as it is practical, as far as I am concerned.
To be honest with you, Morbi. the double zeroes she's received don't hurt nearly as much as your 1/1000 chance for her. If her fans won't believe in her, than no one will. But despite the vast hopelessness that Krystal fans carry, and their continued silence because of this I will press on. I ain't ***** made.

Also I wouldn't exactly call it practical, I don't see any real reason why Krystal should score the absolute lowest among, likely any character in this list, lower half for sure. Anyhoo there's really nothing I can do but try and set an example and fight on.

Morbi

Scavenger
To be honest with you, Morbi. the double zeroes she's received don't hurt nearly as much as your 1/1000 chance for her. If her fans won't believe in her, than no one will. But despite the vast hopelessness that Krystal fans carry, and their continued silence because of this I will press on. I ain't ***** made.

Also I wouldn't exactly call it practical, I don't see any real reason why Krystal should score the absolute lowest among, likely any character in this list, lower half for sure. Anyhoo there's really nothing I can do but try and set an example and fight on.
I definitely admire that, genuinely. I want to believe, trust me, I do. It is just really hard to betray the rational side of myself. Despite not believing it is possible, I definitely maintain hope, at the very least.

And yeah, to be completely fair, as little of a chance as I believe she has, the lowest is definitely a bit harsh. It just really exemplifies the point, I suppose. I am surprised at the amount of zeros for "want." She is not entirely feasible, but you would believe that there would be at least a bit of interest.

Top Bottom