• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Pup 'N Suds Secret of Mana Spectacular

Skler

Smash Master
Seriously that's a tag for threads now?

Looking for something awesome to do this Friday night? Look no further. You’re cordially invited to the Team Pup ‘N Suds Secret of Mana Spectacular.

INTRIGUING, WHAT IS THIS?
Internet quasi-celebrities (Z list) Pine and Skler will be streaming Secret of Mana in glorious HD. This won’t be any old stream though, this is INTERACTIVE. We’ll be taking viewer suggestions on what weapons to use (unless a certain weapon is required to get through an area/boss), which characters we control (unless a certain character is required), dialogue paths, and other fun stuff.

SOUNDS PRETTY COOL, HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
Well, we’ll be updating this with a link once the stream goes live. Until then, maybe we should talk about the game for those of you who aren’t familiar with it.

OH, RIGHT, SO WHAT IS SECRET OF MANA ANYWAYS?
A 3-player action RPG (we’ll only have 2, but we may get a special guest star) about a clumsy mute who falls about 100 feet and un-stabs a rock, marking him as a chosen warrior to save the world. He meets friends along the way (spoiler alert: 2 friends) and a dragon (spoiler alert: 1 dragon) and they all go on a quest to save the world. This doesn’t use a boring turn-based combat system, you’re always moving around and hitting things with pointy things (or magic things, or magic pointy things).

WHY SHOULD I WATCH?
There’s something for everyone in this game. Magic for nerds, violence for men, werewolves and vampires for Twilight fans, a whip for 50 Shades of Grey fans, a really big tree for hippies, and moogles for everyone. The game is fun and often hilarious. There’s an item that exists solely to turn yourself into a moogle that doesn’t benefit you in any way (if it does we certainly haven’t figured it out). It’s the best.

I’M A TALKY TALKER MCTALKERSON, CAN I TALK?
We’ll totally have a chat for you.

OK, YOU’VE CONVINCED ME. WHEN DOES THIS START?
Just check back here and we’ll have a link. We’ll be starting around 7:00 pm EST.

I’M A CREEP, WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
We’ll have a webcam up.

I WANT TO START NOW!
Cool, we want names for 3 characters. One is a dude with red hair and balance issues. One is a chick with blonde hair and daddy issues. One is a really short guy (but looks like a girl) with orphan issues.
In order they are: Protagonist, Girl, Sprite. So name ‘em. 5 characters or less LOL SNES.

DISCLAIMERS?
I dunno, we might use colorful language and will probably drink a little bit during it.

Skler

Smash Master
SoM II is so weeabo kawaii. I got confused and never finished it, but then again I think I was playing a Japanese version or something.

Top Bottom