• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team PMTV Announced!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Big news for the Project M community has just been announced! Eight of the largest streamers for the game will be making the move to Hitbox.TV for their future streaming endeavors. They have decided to work together while doing this under a collaborative effort entitled PMTV! From their announcement on Reddit:​

---​

Imagine a world where your favorite PM streams put out superb content, collaborated with one another, hosted channels that you subscribe to, and could monetize and convert that revenue into jointly run nationals and majors. Imagine a world of sponsorships and corporate investment into events that wont be shut down days before.

It's happening: PMTV, a Hitbox Team Comprised of Ever Major PM Stream

Joining our ranks are: PMCentral • Smashing Grounds • AZPM • Nebulous • SoCalProjectM • Windy City PM • Project MDVA • Salt Mines

While you will still follow and sub to our channels individually, PMTV is a team. It is about collaboration rather than competition. It is a seal of quality and a promise to the community that we will work together to be the foundation this community deserves.

Check out our (still developing) Team Page. From here, viewers will be able to see all of our VODs in one place and see all of the affiliated teams. Make sure to bookmark this beauty if you're a PM Fan.

Never before have I been this excited about the future of PM, and its a story we will all write together. We have been talking with Hitbox, and we feel there is a world of opportunity here. With enough support from the community, we can ascend to new heights, and enter a fresh golden age.

But don't take my word for it. Tomorrow, at 9:00 PM EST, we will host an episode of Salt Mines featuring Hitbox's "Head of Community", Hawkeye. We urge you to ask him all of your questions, and he will answer them un-GIMR'd unfiltered.

---

PMTV Streams

Day/Time|Stream Name|Hitbox Link
TBA | Salt Mines | http://www.hitbox.tv/Messinyc
Monday @ 6:00 PM EST | Project MDVA | http://www.hitbox.tv/ProjectMDVA
Monday @ 8:00 PM EST | AZPM | http://www.hitbox.tv/AZPM
Monday @ 9:30 PM EST | SocalProject M | http://www.hitbox.tv/SoCalProjectM
Tuesday @ 9:00 PM EST | AZPM | http://www.hitbox.tv/AZPM
Wednesday @ 8:00 PM EST | Windy City PM | http://www.Hitbox.tv/windycitypm
Thursday @ 7:00 PM EST | Smashing Grounds | http://www.hitbox.tv/SmashingGrounds
Thursday @ 9:00 PM EST | Project M Central | http://www.hitbox.tv/ProjectMCentral
Friday @ 6:30 PM EST | Nebulous | http://www.hitbox.tv/NYCPM
---​

Messi had this to say about the incoming Salt Mines tomorrow: "Hey guys Messi here! I do wanna urge whoever can make it to tune in tomorrow for The Salt Mines because this is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. We are going to go into greater detail tomorrow night and I hope it shows the entire community that not only is this a great move, but it's a move that will take care of each-stream that is part of this team (More info on that tomorrow) I also want all of you to know that Hawkeye from Team-hitbox is a great guy and wants to answer these questions for the community so bring out the notepad and lets get ready for the ushering in of the possible "Golden Age"

Excited for this new future of Project M streaming? What questions will be asked on The Salt Mines tomorrow? Let us know in the comments section below and stay tuned to Smashboards for future Project M coverage!

SmashCapps thinks Warchamp was right: Project M is The Immortal. He hopes people will support this project and tune in to all of the streams possible. To keep up with his writing adventures be sure to follow him on Twitter.

Last edited:

ikon

Smash Cadet
awesome, ill bring the always wonderful and very informative chat content

also un gimr'd lmfao

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
FINALLY! I play a LOT more Melee than PM (I honestly don't think that the latter holds a candle to the former, but that's a debate for another time), but am glad to see an increase of PM streams. The more attention that PM gets, the better.

Luig

Confused
After the PM community almost dying, thank goodness we've had all this stuff to prevent that from happening.

lean23

Smash Rookie
After the PM community almost dying, thank goodness we've had all this stuff to prevent that from happening.
it was literally never "almost dying." You're misinformed. There were never low turnouts at tournaments.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
Now all we need is an API that can add hitbox streams to the "Top Smash Streams" section here on SB. I imagine that'll greatly increase visibility.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I like how they had to resort to hitbox.tv. RIP twitch

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Really glad to see this up so quickly! Thank you so much for the extra exposure. I can't wait to see everyone tomorrow night on The Salt Mines. More info to come and please guys don't hesitate to contact me via twitter @messinyc with any questions or even ideas to continue the growth and expansion of our passionate community!

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Now all we need is an API that can add hitbox streams to the "Top Smash Streams" section here on SB. I imagine that'll greatly increase visibility.
Being worked on as we speak! In constant contact with Hitbox reps!

Missile

Smash Apprentice
Is there any way I could join this movement with my team? I'd like to expose content from somewhere other than the main land US. If anyone could answer this for me I'd greatly appreciate a PM.

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way I could join this movement with my team? I'd like to expose content from somewhere other than the main land US. If anyone could answer this for me I'd greatly appreciate a PM.
We are currently locked for a month after that we will do an application type process to add new streams! we wanna make sure we work out all the kinks and kinda front line this for future streams

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Good for PM to move to a website that'll welcome them with VGBC cutting all ties to the game and Twitch refusing to allow PM streamers to have a sub button or stream PM on there site.

Missile

Smash Apprentice
We are currently locked for a month after that we will do an application type process to add new streams! we wanna make sure we work out all the kinks and kinda front line this for future streams
That's perfect. I'll be waiting for it!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Twitch refusing to allow PM streamers to have a sub button or stream PM on there site.
Is this seriously what happened? That's ****ing stupid, they've never discriminated about streamed games before when they throw around sub buttons like candy to any random scrub who gets double digit viewers for a week straight.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Is this seriously what happened? That's ****ing stupid, they've never discriminated about streamed games before when they throw around sub buttons like candy to any random scrub who gets double digit viewers for a week straight.
Yeah, apparently Twitch told the PM Paragon streamers that they weren't allowed to stream the game on their site, so that was why they moved over to Hitbox during Paragon. Hitbox was also welcoming them with open arms and benefited nicely from PM as it was on the front page of their site!

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
it was hush hush for awhile too. That's why PM Central was a thing. TLOC had (?) a sub button (or wanted one) and couldn't so they created a separated so melee/4 stuff meant they could make money and still support PM.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Glad to see the community is banding together to promote an alternative to Twitch's bull****. Competition is good, letting them have a monopoly on streaming was a mistake.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Glad to see the community is banding together to promote an alternative to Twitch's bull****. Competition is good, letting them have a monopoly on streaming was a mistake.
I loves me some good Project M, and screw Twitch, but, as an economist, I gotta say that **** THE PERFECT COMPETITION MODEL. Theory of contestable markets is where it's at.

Keman

Smash Apprentice
PM streams always needed a home they could trust and have faith in to support them. It seems like they have found just that. Now we as fans can really support the streamers who have been supporting PM through all this uncertainty that was going on.

NotaSkeleton

Smash Cadet
You know, I really prefer Hitbox for streams. It's got less delay and a much, much better layout as well as some small, but convenient features. Still, Twitch not allowing PM streams is just beyond stupid. I have no idea why it's the way it is, but, I'm glad to see the PM community finding alternative solutions.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Hey man, we aren't accepting applications for another month (just to test the water as a team first) but we'll put up an application process shortly afterwards.

Batousai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davis1228
3DS FC
0533-5267-7408
Too bad PM is in a legal grey-area.

Yes, mods are legal, and PM is a very good one. However, monetizing mod content, or otherwise making a profit off of a mod, IS illegal unless approved of by the owner of the original property.

That said, Nintendo, with its recent involvement and sponsorship of competitive Smash, would never officially recognized PM.

That means that PM will never be allowed at events that Nintendo is involved in. In other words, the biggest events of the years to come. The events that matter the most.

Tl;dr PM, being an unsanctioned mod, will always be limited by the basis of its very existence. No matter how much the PM community grows, the scope will always be grassroots in scale, never official or international.

"The Immortal" indeed, thanks to the fans. But only in a limited existence which, in a way, is in defiance/resistance to those who are responsible for Smash existing in the first place.

Disclaimer: I don't hate PM, I'm just a realist. It's not pleasing to PM fans, but it's how the game industry works. And someone has to be realistic about it.

As eSports grow in popularity, mods will have no choice but to fade into the shadows, due to the fact that big name support is necessary for the growth of professional gaming. For Smash that means Nintendo.

I hope the PM community continues to support the game they love, and that they have as much success as is possible for a game mod.

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
You know, I really prefer Hitbox for streams. It's got less delay and a much, much better layout as well as some small, but convenient features. Still, Twitch not allowing PM streams is just beyond stupid. I have no idea why it's the way it is, but, I'm glad to see the PM community finding alternative solutions.
It is because Nintendo has been more or less strong arming people out of supporting Project M in a public way. Gimr dropped it not because he himself hated the game, but because as a businessman, he didn't want his business to tank because of one game.

Top Bottom