• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Nexus: Super Smash Royale 4 - San Bernardino, CA - Jun 28, 08 - Date Change!!

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman

Hey Everyone! Team Nexus is back, and we’re hosting another tournament in the San Bernardino area. The date of the tournament will be on June 28, 2008. The address is:

2900 North E. Street
San Bernardino, CA 92404

The tournament will start at 11:00 A.M. You can come as early as 9:30-10:00 if you want to get some early practice in.

This tournament is going to be a celebration of everything that is Smash. Nintendo has graced us since the N64 days with great games and a fantastic fighting series. This tournament will be covering all three Smash games: Smash 64, Melee, and of course, Brawl.

Like every time, here is what you can expect from a Nexus tournament:

- Singles Competition
- Doubles Competition
- Our famous projector
- Entrance into our raffle for a $50 gift card to Gamecrazy (and other prizes to be announced) JUST FOR SHOWING UP
- Medals and trophies for 1st-3rd place for each competition
- Our 1-Dollar Concession Stand
- And of course…. FREE PENS!!

Since Brawl has come out, we have been watching the Smash scene very carefully, and have especially taken note of the new wave of players that the game has brought in, as well as the longing that many have had to keep playing Melee. This is why we decided to include Melee and N64 into our tournament. However, because we don’t have the resources to have unlimited entries into all competitions, we will be having a limited entry into the N64 and Melee competitions. Please take note of this because if you are not careful, you may lose out on your chance to enter.

** IMPORTANT **

Smash 64 and Melee will be having limited entry. We will be having a 16-man bracket for Smash 64, and a 32-man bracket for Smash Melee (this is subject to change if we see a huge demand for people to play either game). Please also note, that we will based on how much coverage 64 and Melee get in future tournaments by the reaction from the community from this tournament. So, if you want to see Melee or 64 in the future, it’s important that you come and show support for them. Also, you can ONLY register for these games online at our website: www.nexgaming.net. WE WILL NOT BE TAKING REGISTRATION FOR THESE GAMES AT THE DOOR.

**Update** 5/29
We will be having registration at the door for EVERYTHING. However, we do strongly encourage that you register and pay online for your events becuase 1. It will help us organize the tournament better becuase we can have an estimate of how many people will be coming and 2. It will make your registration on the morning of MUCH faster.

That’s right, we now have online registration. Nexus has come a long way since you’ve seen us in the last year. We have filed a fictitious business name with our county, and have filed with the state and become a corporation. In addition to this, we have a corporate bank account, which means that we can now operate as a business, as opposed to just two people who are running tournaments. For you, this means better, more organized tournaments and a knowledge that you are dealing with people who are serious about hosting the best tournaments around.

We worked hard to open a separate bank account also so that we could have online registration for our tournaments. This is a big difference from before, and we did it so that we could have a lot more organization on the day of the tournament. We can now seed and set up brackets prior to the tournament, so that way we can start the tournament on time, and have things run a lot smoother.

Please note, you can also register online for the Brawl portion of the tournament, but it isn’t required because there will be no cap for people to enter for Brawl. (Although we heavily encourage it)

The entry fee//prize structure will be as follows: (Please note that from the Melee and 64 pots we will be taking 30% of the pot and then distributing the rest as it shows, just like every other tournament).

Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $20 ($10 per person)
Melee Singles: $5
Melee Doubles $10 ($5 per person)
Smash 64 Singles: $5
Admission Fee $5

Prizes:

Brawl Singles
1st Place: $500 Plus a free Nexus T-shirt and a Trophy
2nd Place: $250 Plus a free Nexus T-shirt and a Trophy
3rd Place: $75 Plus a free Nexus T-shirt and a Trophy

Brawl Doubles
1st Place: 60% of the Pot Plus a free Nexus T-shirt and a Medal
2nd Place: 30% of the Pot Plus a free Nexus T-shirt and a Medal
3rd Place: 10% of the Pot Plus a free Nexus T-shirt and a Medal

Melee (And Melee Doubles, but no medal for Melee Doubles =[ ))
1st Place : 60% of the Pot Plus a free Nexus T-shirt and a Medal
3rd Place 10% of the Pot Plus a free Nexus T-shirt and a Medal

Smash 64
1st Place : 60% of the Pot Plus a free Nexus T-shirt and a Medal
3rd Place 10% of the Pot Plus a free Nexus T-shirt and a Medal

Rules

The rules for Melee and 64 will be the standard ones you’re used to. Brawl will be similar to all of the other tournaments in the region. If you want to see them in detail, please visit: http://www.nexgaming.net/tournaments/rules/rules.html . We have rule sets for all three games listed there.

Nexus Tournament-Specific Rules

- We will be starting our tournament ON TIME this time around. We have watched and been to many other tournament, and we can’t remember the last time we actually saw a tournament start exactly on time. We know, smashers have a tendency to be late, but this makes the whole tournament run a lot later than it should, and makes everyone’s day longer. Therefore, we will be very strict about match-calling and about when we start the tournament. We will start Brawl Doubles and Melee//64 matches AT 11:00 A.M. You will have a 1-hour timeframe, from 11-12:00 to show up for your first match. After that, you cannot register for Brawl Doubles, and you will be DQed from Melee//64 on the spot.

- You can register for Brawl Singles up until we make the brackets. After that, it’ll be too late. We will start Brawl Singles around the time that Brawl doubles is finishing.
Keep an ear out for when you’re called to a match. We will be very strict about people reporting to their match timely. If you are called, you will have 15 minutes to report to your T.V. If you go out to eat, or leave the venue, you only have 15 minutes from when we call you to get back, or YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MATCH. At our last tournament, and at many others we’ve been to, we’ve seen people leave and go to eat and it’s held up the tournament for up to hours, because a whole line of matches on a bracket was held up because of it. We will call your name lots of times, and go around the venue to look for you. But ultimately, it’s the player’s responsibility to come to the front desk and to have an idea of when they will be competing, and how long until their next match. Please note, we will not be giving preferential treatment to well-known players who have a shot at the money. If you aren’t there, you’re losing your match.

- Respecting other players and the tournament host is mandatory. We will not tolerate any spiteful name-calling, or throwing controllers or anything that is unsportsmanlike. If you start a fight, or start throwing a fit over a lost match, you will be disqualified from the entire tournament. It’s a game, guys. Play to have fun.

- On the note of sportsmanship, we will be requiring that all matches in the tournament be played until the end. We cannot stop you from colluding to split the prize money after the tournament, but in the name of sportsmanship, every match of the tournament up to the finals will be REQUIRED to be played out. These people pay to see a finals match, and it’s a disservice to the community for the top two people to just take the money and run home. So please keep in mind that if you make it to the finals, you need to play the championship match throughout.

This time around, we will have volunteers helping us run our tournament. One major job they will have is watching T.V’s and making sure people are reporting their matches. You will have a volunteer assigned to your T.V when you compete. When you finish your match, report your winner to them and they will report it to us. A big problem at tournaments, and a large reason why our last one was held up until 2:00 A.M. was because people would finish matches, not report them, and then proceed to play friendlies on their T.V. We have invested a lot of time into getting people from your community who want tournaments to be better to volunteer their time to make sure that things run smoothly. Please treat them with respect, and make sure that you tell them when you finish a match.

Lastly, speaking of T.V’s, we will NEED T.V’s, Wiis, Gamecubes, and N64’s for the tournament (like always). If you bring something, you will receive an extra raffle ticket per item you bring. So far, we can provide 6 T.V’s, 2 Wiis, a gamecube, and one N64. We will probably be getting at least a couple more T.V’s ourselves that we can provide. Our goal is to have 20 T.V’s total, with 1-2 going to N64, 4-5 going to Melee, and around 15 for Brawl. If you can, please help us out by bringing as much as you can. As people volunteer to bring equipment, we will update this post with your names.

T.V’s (Goal, 20)
1. Team Nexus
2. Team Nexus
3. Team Nexus
4. Team Nexus
5. Team Nexus
6. Team Nexus
7. Little England
8. Aberu
9. Vicegrip
10. Festizzio
11. Tofu
12. Fallenova
13. Fallenova
14. 2Man
15. JTB
16. M&M
17. Skank
18. Neighborhood P
19. IC Cell
20. Ochoa

Wiis (Goal, 15)
1. Team Nexus
2. Team Nexus
3. Shiroi
4. Aberu
5. Vicegrip
6. Lucky
7. Schmooguy
8. ERS++
9. Truegamer
10. Mr. Spam & Death
11. 2Man
12. Jorge
13. Carlo
14. JTB
15. Nakitek17
16. Ripn
17. IC Cell
18. Truegamer
19. Ochoa

Gamecubes (Goal, 5)
1. Atlus
2. ResidentWaffle
3. Carlo
4. Festizzio
5. ERS++
6. unKnownPresence
7. 2Man
8. Fly_Amanita
9. JTB
10. Neighborhood P
11. IC Cell

N64’s (Goal, 2)
1. Team Nexus
2. Team Nexus
3. Little England
4. ERS++
5. Carlo

This tournament is gonna be a big one, so start getting ready now!

Good Luck to everyone competing, we’ll be seeing you soon!

**Updates** 5/29

1. We will be having Melee Doubles as well.
2. Unfortunately, Melee Doubles will NOT be having medals as part of their prizes because we already ordered the trophies/medals and a new order wouldn't be ready in time for the tournament =[
3. Registraion/payment online is not REQUIRED to get into Melee//64 anymore. However, we do strongly encourage it because it helps us to plan for how many people are coming and it'll make your registration on the morning of the tournament a LOT faster.

**Updates** 6/2

1. The date of the tournament has changed from the 21 of June to the 28 of June.

~ Team Nexus

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
P.S. We’d like to send a special invitation to everyone travelling long-distance and out-of-staters. We’re lookin at you Norcal (Zoap, Delphiki, DBR, 10K), AZ (Goop, Light, Dark, Forward, Taj) Washington (Chip, Eggz, Ka-Master, SilentWolf, LuigitheKing,), and any other neighboring states. We’d love to have you guys down here, so if there’s anyway anyone can come by, please let us know!

P.P.S. As part of our Debut for SSR 4, we are also announcing the latest edition of our Know Your Roots Contest! In order to win, you’ve gotta watch our video of us playing different games. Guess the games AND the systems correctly, and you can win a free T-shirt plus a free entry into the Brawl Singles event! Good Luck!

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
how can you say washington, and not mention eggz and sw lol.

edit: wow, what a joke, you can only pay online for melee. sucks for the younger people who dont have credit cards.

double edit: cheater :p

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
So only 32 people can enter for Melee? I'm sure that's not right, but that's what it sounded like.

I'm going for sure, and I might bring a TV (it's annoying bringing a TV to every single tourny every single time =/).

ROFL

Smash Journeyman
you might as well add the 4th smash game in there because it will be out by the time this tournament ends.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
I know EXACTLY how this **** is gonna go down here check it out...

SPooKYx1x (12:31:55 AM): ****
SPooKYx1x (12:31:59 AM): i dont even wanna go to that
SPooKYx1x (12:32:04 AM): its gonna be fuking stupid
nublet06 (12:33:05 AM): alex is gonna get in a fight with someone
nublet06 (12:33:12 AM): it will end in 4 years
nublet06 (12:33:25 AM): there will be 2 nintendo 64's
nublet06 (12:34:04 AM): mike haze will place top 5 in melee
nublet06 (12:34:24 AM): there are just unlimited reasons as to why you shouldnt go

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
how can you say washington, and not mention eggz and sw lol.

edit: wow, what a joke, you can only pay online for melee. sucks for the younger people who dont have credit cards.

double edit: cheater :p
Wow, it's called parents. Are you really that dense?

Plus, the last Champ Combo had ONLY online registration. They didn't even take registration at the door, even for the main event. Complain much?

So only 32 people can enter for Melee? I'm sure that's not right, but that's what it sounded like.

I'm going for sure, and I might bring a TV (it's annoying bringing a TV to every single tourny every single time =/).
Yes it's true, unfortunately. This is to make sure that the tournament doesn't end at 2:00 A.M. like those above have graciously pointed out.

But ultimately, it comes down to demand for melee + how many people volunteer for T.V's. We'll be getting as many as we can before the tourney, and if we can manage it, of course we'd love to have Melee be bigger, but that's really up to the Melee community, not us. If we can snag a few more T.V's, we'll bump up the limit.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
lol, because it's a MAJOR tournament, pretty sure this isn't.

but eh, either way, i probably won't even go, melee as a side event kinda sucks, so i'll stop talking.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Thought I'd point out:

Nexus said:
We will be having a 16-man bracket for Smash 64, and a 32-man bracket for Smash Melee (this is subject to change if we see a huge demand for people to play either game).
And I assume that means, festizzio, that more than 32 can sign up.

Also, more setups means more Melee. And Melee is f*ing ****. So who is bringing their Cube? ^_^ MikeHAZE we need some Fox dittos.

Fox dittos > Brawl

festizzio

Smash Champion
Thought I'd point out:

And I assume that means, festizzio, that more than 32 can sign up.

Also, more setups means more Melee. And Melee is f*ing ****. So who is bringing their Cube? ^_^ MikeHAZE we need some Fox dittos.

Fox dittos > Brawl
I'm having trouble understanding this. They said it will have limited entry, but you're saying more than 32 people can sign up? I'm lost. Unless they're talking about doing pools, but I didn't see that. Idk maybe I'm just blind.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
They're saying it's limited to 32 people, unless enough additional people show interest. For example, if the cap is reached, and you're the only one who still wants to sign up, it'll stay capped. But if like, 8(the actual threshold is prolly be a good deal higher) extra people still want to sign up, they just may raise the cap so those 8 can join.

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
I'm having trouble understanding this. They said it will have limited entry, but you're saying more than 32 people can sign up? I'm lost. Unless they're talking about doing pools, but I didn't see that. Idk maybe I'm just blind.
They're saying it's limited to 32 people, unless enough additional people show interest. For example, if the cap is reached, and you're the only one who still wants to sign up, it'll stay capped. But if like, 8(the actual threshold is prolly be a good deal higher) extra people still want to sign up, they just may raise the cap so those 8 can join.
What Natch said is right. As of RIGHT NOW, we're limiting it to 32 people. But, of course, we have no qualms of raising the limit on how many people can actually enter melee, but that depends on how many people register for it. The reason being, if we have a huge melee turnout (which would be awesome), we need to generate more resources (T.V's specifically) so that we can still end the touranment on time.

if i win that tournament in georgia, ill come.
Sweet ^.^.

araknophobik

Smash Master
add melee teams
unlike smash 64
melee still has a decent following
and i dont think you have to worry about a cap, not that MANY people is gonna register for melee >.>

MarthPwnzer

Smash Journeyman
Im in, hopefully the melee tournment will have a good turnout, and does anyone want to MM on SSB?

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's gonna be inside of the church. We'll have signs everywhere on the morning of to make sure you don't get lost =P

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
i think if the original poster would reply to my questions about the melee tourny there'd be more interest, isnt that right feztizio ^_^
LoL, your constant support for Melee Doubles made us laugh Fabian, esp your new group on AllisBrawl. Ok you win, we'll do Melee Doubles =P.

Also, we won't require online payment for Melee//64 to get into the events, so you can register for those on the morning of. But, we ask that you please register online even if you don't have to because 1. It helps us stay organized about how many people we need to plan on having come and 2. It'll make your registration on the morning of the tournament go a LOT faster.

Also, since we're doing doubles we wanna ask the melee community to please try if at all possible to bring setups, since we're gonna host this it's gonna be a bit more work and we could really use the hardware.

Unfortunately, Melee Doubles winners won't get medals though, becuase we already put in our order for the trophies//medals and it's too late to ask for more =[.

On a side note, does anyone know if/how I can move this thread to the Pac West forum and move the linked thread here (basically I wanna switch these two threads)? I looked at doing it myself but I don't think I can, and I PMed Gimpyfish but I haven't gotten a response yet and it's been a few days x_X.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
I wanna go and I can bring a Wii. I'll enter Melee and Brawl singles for sure. I've always had fun at these.

Day before my brithday =)

festizzio

Smash Champion
Ok cool, $35 for all four events is not that bad. I need a teammate for Melee and Brawl, Melee it doesn't really matter what character you use but you can't be bad, and brawl you have to play a character with lots of strong kill moves.

Top Bottom