• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Smash 4 seems to have a lot of crazy team combos that have high synergy, so I'm gonna start trying to keep track of them and what makes them 'crazy'. In Melee, Jigglypuff + anyone could be considered to fit due to grab+rest.

If you have any you run into / see, let me know so I can add it to the list.

1. Little Mac + Anyone (grab -> OHKO)
  2. Jigglypuff + Anyone (grab -> Rest)
  3. Villager + Villager (Fully charged f-smash or tree, when pocketed, is OHKO)
  4. G&W + Pikachu (Pikachu's thunder fills up G&W's bucket in one go and G&W's oil panic breaks shields and is near a OHKO)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Little Mac doesn't normally OHKO people at 0% if I recall correctly. Same with a pocketed tree. It can kill at 0 percent but doesn't always depending on DI and where you are on a stage.

That Game & Watch thing is the craziest team combo I've ever seen. I'm actually questioning the future viability of teams, since I'm sure other OHKOs will be found out soon.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
There were crazy combos in Brawl too. ZSS + G&W = OHKO with relative ease. Didn't turn out to be a big deal at high level play despite it being incredibly difficult to punish ZSS' neutral b + d-smash on G&W's bucket.

Part of the reason I want to collect as many "synergy combos" as I can is so I can track their instances. Does Pika + G&W actually become the de facto standard, or is it beaten by characters who just wait for the oil panic and counter, killing the G&W? That kinda deal.

Smash 4 seems to have a lot of offensive potential in teams compared to Melee or Brawl, so I'm interested if those aggressive options become a standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom